Black Lightning pilot has actual costume now

archive.is/68TBo

Will it be sucked? I actually like the idea of an old superhero who's forced to get back in the game instead of yet another origin story (Anything other than The Incredibles and Spider-Girl that do this?).

Costume is a little too high-tech looking for that though. Hopefully he spends the first (half) episode in an old goofy disco costume before finding someone who makes him the new one.

Who's the people behind it?

This costume was superior

still makes me laugh

It's an original character at least. Better than blackwashing.

Black Lightning has been around for a while. DC just mostly forgot about him like they did with Static. He probably would have been a better choice for JL roster than Cyborg.

I think they chose Cyborg because the kids know who he is because of Teen Titans. Shame his design looks awful for the movie. Batman, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman all have good designs, not sure how they fucked up so badly with Flash and Cyborg.

back to reddit

They all have terrible fucking designs. Aquaman did look good but then they gave him full armor. Now he looks like another constrained action figure like everyone else.

Aquaman needed the hook hand if they were gonna go as edgy as they did in the movie design. The hook probably would have redeemed it a little.

They would've given him the gay water hand instead.

Aw man that would be so gay

This looks bad to you? Ben Affleck's batman is my favorite out of any of the live action versions. Doesn't top the animated series, but it's pretty good.

That's not even the Justice League design. That one has gray sticky notes all over his suit and he wears goggles now. Looks like shit.

I thought that was just a temporary thing, like the armor in Batman v Superman.

It's very clearly not if they're using it in all the promotional material.

That design is still in Justice League it's just when the Parademons attack is when Batman switches to his 'tactical' look with the shitty goggles.

What they should have done is have segments of his suit be armored like the Arkham Origins version if they wanted some 'battle suit' type outfit.

Wtf, why did they change the suit, the one in Batman v Superman was perfect. This looks like fucking Owl Man.

I wonder.

If they lost the goggles or at least made the lenses white it would look 10 times better.

Agreed. But we can't have our comic book characters not look tacticool.

I fucking hate the Arkham Knight and Origins suits. So fucking sick of heroes having all this bulky overdesigned armor. Make us believed someone can fight crime without looking like a fucking robot. Not every hero needs to be Iron Man.

By TV/movie standards, that's a pretty cool costume. It's colorful, instead of just dark leather.

It won't suck itself

It's gonna be shit and will pander to people just like Luke Cage.

i guarantee the protagonist is going to wear a hoodie at some point

Mara Brock Akil, Salim Akil and Greg Berlanti.

Mara Brock Akil's IMDB entry is pretty bare and I've never heard of anything she did, but it seems she's only written dramas/sitcoms and not action series. Not the greatest sign

BTB did make that hoodie design look stylish

I actually have been patiently awaiting to see Black Lightning get his shot in a movie/tv series. It is unfortunate this had to be done in CURRENT YEAR because now I have no hope for it being good or doing well.

From the thumbnail I thought he WUZ wearing a Nemes.

I would be okay with a superhero sitcom.

Yep, biggest threat to this being good is them CURRENT YEARing it up like Supergirl.

Does he have a sidekick named chocolate thunder?

You can't say that and not at least have some idea