Holla Forums Buying/Purchases Thread

Are you waiting on something in the mail or thinking of buying anything Holla Forums related soon? Post about it here.

got this a couple weeks back. I have yet to be able to play it with a friend, but the quality is pretty nice. Hopefully it's as fun as it looks.

Thinking of getting this. It's 40 bucks on Amazon right now.

Purchased Gerry Conway's Carnage run in trade. Also picked up the latest issue of Mike Costa's Venom, looking forward to Issue #6

…… user…. you do know how Carnage ends right?

Yeah. the ending was a let down in regards to the magic girl nonsense, but overall the character arc and development for Brock was good and there were some really cool moments along the way. I also really enjoyed the two issues that had Jubulie experience Cletus' memories and Cletus experience her memories.

If you don't buy the good stuff and vote with your wallet for what you like, they wont make it. As a writer myself I would feel like a massive twat if I didn't support the work of creators I enjoy. I only saw 4 movies in theaters last year, I could have easily just torrented them since I have no friends and went alone, but I don't regret going to see those movies at all.

just so long as you know what you're getting into

One thing I did appreciate was how well the ending of Carnage for Brock transitioned into his entrance into the Venom series. Devin Lewis is probably Marvel's best editor.

I wouldn't know. I planned on binging it so I quit reading about half way through, then the ending came out here and was so abysmal I lost interest completely. It was one of those comics I really didn't think Marvel would ruin, but holy fuck did they botch that ending in all the worst ways. Still, I could understand why somebody would want to comics up till that point.

I don't think anything could sucker me back into Marvel again though. They've basically fucked up everything good they've ever had. Scarlet Spider is a clone zombie working with a Feminist Gwen Stacy from another Universe, and Brock had his big finish against a symbiote lovecraftian horror stolen from him by a black magic girl.

Who knows how they'll fuck up his character in his own run.

…What? I only read their Symbiote stuff.

If you haven't yet, read the Kaine Scarlet Spider run. It was really good… just ignore Spiderverse and give him whatever happy ending you want.

Is Marvel going to ruin the little that they've done right with Brock so far?

… considering how bad they've been, probably. It's a shame that couldn't have been made in a better time. The same could be said for Spiderverse.

One thing I find interesting is how they remembered Creep from that Venom: The Madness series in the 90s. Creep was a creature that lived in the sewers and pledged to always be Venom's ally in his time of need, he then never showed up ever again.

Of course they are. One thing starts doing well and get recognition. Time to start milking it to death.

So far the confirmed characters appearing in the miniseries are Venom/Eddie Brock (the real deal), alternate universe Ann Weying/She-Venom, Poison (Peter Parker with the symbiote), X-23 with a symbiote, Ultimate Venom, and Deadpool Venom.

gwen venom will definitely be in it.

Is it true this was dubbed in moonspeak on the Japanese laserdisc?

Do digital sales count?

A man of good taste.
I'm waiting for my sonichu amiibo, personally.

This is news to me.

It was released once on Japanese and PAL region VHS and Laserdisc, around the last time it was released in theatres in 1986.

The Laserdisc is the best available quality copy short of any amateur 35mm or 16mm copies in the wild, like this embedded YouTube clip.

Fixed that for you. Also you're still wrong.

I have been picking these up too just started sinking my teeth into Worlds Finest and I got GA Supes on the back burner too, Hoping to pick up SA Supergirl and Kamandi and SA Doom Patrol soonish along with some others.

Oh, shit. I didn't know there was a Kamandi omnibus. /rushestoAmazon

venomfag please.

I've thought about getting this several times. I just don't know if it's actually good and not overhyped normalfag garbage. Really I should just read part of it online but then it takes away from the experience.

Does Holla Forums-related vidya gaem count?

all the individual parts of the story are okay but it comes together to make something less than the sum of its parts at least in my opinion

I subscribed to Commando just before issue 5000 came out (britfag living in japan), 2 weeks after issue 5000 came out, they acknowledged my order and told me my first subscription issues would be from 20th April, over a month after the email. So I guess you can consider them "in the mail"
Also recently I bought volume 2 of Retsupuu, a 70's manga about WW2 fighter pilots, only one more to find, now!

Not an argument, fag

After seeing a meme picture here on Holla Forums I torrented the Green Lantern Animated series, watched the entire thing over the course of like 3 days and then immediately purchased it on blu ray.

Ewww

that's a good boy.

More like /rushtoreddit

Ok, then.

I was referring to

Get the torrent instead. I can assure it'll be of much higher quality than DC's reprints.

One user over at >>>/comic/ read it and said that it is rather good. It's on my reading list too, and will get to is as soon as I am done with Sandman.

I was wondering why we'd gone through all the synonyms except this one. I assume this is some kind of what-if story?
Fuuuuuu…

I'm waiting on the restock of the Revoltech Spider-Man and Venom. They aren't in the mail yet, but my order is locked in.