Internet usage - How much paranoia is reasonable?

I'm living in germany and I'm wondering how much paranoia about my visits of right wing websites is reasonable?

I'm visiting some right wing websites and I fear that I'm on some watchlist.

GET OUT MODULIST GET OUT TRINITARIANS ONLY GET OUT REEEEEEEE

you're fucked, son.

everybody on Holla Forums uses a vpn, right? it's not perfect safety, but it's a hell of a lot smarter than letting your ISP see all your traffic.

Just use Tor when you're on your home wifi OP.

Paranoia is always reasonable, ALWAYS!!!!

I am keeping a close eye on you user and I swear to God if you try anything…

A significant portion of your countrymen do this as well. You should be more concerned if what you post violates "hate speech" laws.

Make sure you use https://

I should add that using https:// won't fully protect you. But it's better than nothing.

It's your ISP you have to worry about. When you submit a url to a DNS server to be translated into an IP address that's where they track usage. It's also where they inject their own ads or redirect you to their own shitty web search engine.

You can change your DNS sever from the default one(your ISP) to one outside the country but there's no guarantee it's not a honeypot by law enforcement or set up by someone to gather information and resell it. There used to be a great service called OpenDNS but it was bought out by Cisco and now collects and sells data from users.

You can set up your own DNS server or use an alternative DNS like OpenNIC but it's pretty involved technically. Using Tor, proxies or a VPN is a more convenient way to protect yourself and be secure. The problem there is you have to pay for convenience or browse at very slow speeds on public nodes.

This. Consider any information transmitted over the internet compromised and act accordingly.

laughinggirls.exe

I hope you have been using some protection user

Everything you think the 5-Eyes could hypothetically see, they see.

The only thing protecting you is a benign government, which we might have for 4 years.

Only if they turn their gaze upon you specifically. There are ways to avoid the passive snooping.

All I can say is that last year, when I was researching internet traffic filtering to help a friend who was in China, the best piece of technical info that I came across was a technical paper about the German national firewall. I was surprised, hadn't expected that. I have no specifics for you, but I can say that German traffic inspection is through the roof.

Protip, there's a year of VPN "cyberghost" for 7 yurobuck on humblebundle. Did some reading, seems fine. Tried it out, works great.

I think they are from Romania and I heard they don't care about internet regulations a lot.

Tails OS and your neighbor's wifi?

While I know nothing about cyberghost it's very true that Romania doesn't give a fuck about internet regulations.

Whenever I'd set up a server with SSH I'd continuously get spammed with attempts from Romania, usually filling my logs with jej callingcards

Germany is the most heavily-regulated and monitored society in the Western world. In all likelihood it eclipses North Korea, certainly in raw coverage given the First World degree of Internet penetration.

Germany has been an occupied country by an extremely Judaic US for over half a century. They want the German nation obliterated, slow-boiled into extinction.

If privacy and freedom are your thing, don't be in Germany.

This is a pretty good solution. If nobody has open/WEP wifi, it's not too hard to get into WPA2 access points with some dictionary files (available on bittorrent) and a cuda capable video card with Cali linux. It's mostly about picking an access point that is likely to have a passphrase that is in the dictionary. So excluding ones that broadcast SSIDs that indicate they are from ISPs that set long random strings, and choosing one with an ssd more like "linksys" that might have a passphrase something like the name of the family dog and a number

while we're on the subject.

Are the $30-$50 directional wifi antennas worth a damn?

This.

Tor really isn't any safer.

Care to explain or do you need to look it up first?

Buy a tor browser

It's 2016 user.

I have tested chinese yagi ones. They are shit. Stock antennas are better.

DIY to get best results. use reflectors and cantennas. 11dB gain from a tin can for 2 bucks.

Depends what you want to do. No ones going to try to do a correlation attack against a few Internet shitposters. It's only risky if what you're doing is something federal agencies would actually want to go after. Like drug trafficking or Cp. Tor is reasonably safe if you're paranoid about people finding out your opinions.

Honestly why care? The day they start throwing us in jail for shitposting 'racist' memes will be the day of open revolt.

that's already been happening for a while m8

have to wait for trump to shut down the US military bases and fuck over NATO