nonfree.news/2017/11/15/libreoffice-chooses-poop-emoji-for-new-mascot
github.com/redsPL/libbieoffice
8ch.net/tech/res/823373.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

shit saved from last threads

人在做 天在看
君子報仇 十年未晚

Source on that?

Poor Tyson. I really wish he didn't get fucked over like this.

UNTIL WE HAVE MORE SOLID PLANS FOR WHAT TO DO, LET'S JUST CONTINUE TO PUSH THE PAJEETGUIN

ARCHIVE OF THE LAST THREAD
archive.is/enoQT

Knock it off, Hakui!

Now is not the time to be trying to escape the feels, OP.

To those who care,
the convo goes
and it ended like (spoiler text only)

Alright, no more than the occasional Libby. We have a dedicated thread to our muse for that now. LET'S, get down to business.

Guys? Hello?

Now that Libbie was rejected as a mascot of LibreOffice and has been put in the public domain, I think we should step up our game. She died for our sins, so it's just fair she ascends to goddesshood now, not as a simple software's mascot, but as the unofficial representative of the concept of the Public Domain.

Libbie represents the love for freedom and for art. She is made of paper because she represents all of humanity's works, past, present and future. Even the copyrighted ones, because art is eternal, but intellectual property is ephemeral.

Beautiful. Let's make some naked statues of he!

her* FFFFFFuck!

I'm liking your way of thinking.

WRONG THREAD

You're looking for which is the DEDICATED libbie thread

I like this idea

The name fits too, Libbie = Libre

Right. Hard to think straight this late.

translation:
Man does something. God is always watching.
A gentleman's revenge is not late even after 10 years.

I believe we should continue with demands of truth about the competition and a public apology to everybody who voted and to Tyson personally.

A cool way would to have some catchy slogan.
They should feel ashamed for what they did, they should know we won't let it just go like that.

Fund it!

image > scale image > interpolation > none

You fucking autists!
You were played like fiddled when Tay existed,
when Premiere was made
and you have been fiddled here as well.
You were gamified.

By allowing user interaction on the promotion, word of mouth is made, and your product gets faster coverage than rumors
Like it's always said Nothing as bad publicity

Is there literally anyone who doesn't already know about Libreoffice at this point? Is there anyone outside of imageboards or this contest whose ears this is going to reach?

Namefags are truly the worst cancer.

Why would a piece of "free" software worry about advertising itself anyways? What are they selling?

[They're selling you.

I never understood this meme. There are plenty of high profile examples speaking to the contrary yet vying for a negative attention is still seen to be a viable strategy. Seeking negative press is a desperation play that's employed when there's nothing to lose.

Y'know, that's one hell of an idea.
This in particular. This is perfect.

Seriously though, libbie's terrible. Under the head is just a mess of triangles. Readability should be a priority in small icon's like that, right?

Lurk for 2.4 seconds before posting.

She's not meant to be used as a small icon. She's a mascot, she's meant to be used in banners and such.

That's what Tyson was talking about, "new rules added" later. The contest's original description said nothing about wanting an "icon friendly" mascot. The icon thing was only added later at the voting stage and I'm not even sure it was a misuse of term. Just like how the no-document-foundation-logo-is-allowed rule which killed the white cockatoo. It almost looked like those new rules and description on the voting stage were precisely prepared to get rid of the cockatoo and Libbie.

And for those who really think Libbie can't be printed in small size -- have you even tried to do that before making such claim? Each of Libbie's design was made with a few triangles only, most of which are just shading on her white costume. I really can't understand where your "complicated design" argument came from.

Like 30 triangles.

I admit I'm upset over Libbie losing this contest, but it's not the fact that they didn't win, it's just how non-transparent and poorly organized the contest was, it just gives an impression that it was unfair or fake even, shitting on those very few people who took this contest seriously. It just enforces the "FLOSS or Linux is for autists only" stereotype, not to mention that we might get stuck with only pajeet recolors representing libre software in the near future.

The contest was rigged from the start. Then they added bullshit rules to disqualify the most competent works. Even if they hadn't picked Libby because muh corpurate sensibilities, the cockatoo was up there. That's what pisses me off the most.

Is that fucking satanic penguin icon friendly? ALSO doesn't Tyson after making all of that reference sheets, able to design icon versions of her that'd fit perfectly what they want?

This.

A Sega Saturn could manage that (actually it couldn't the Saturn didn't use triangles).

Ha! I knew it! I read that somewhere years go and coulsn't find a refernce. That was partly why it was so difficult to port games to the Saturn. I love my Saturn.

The Saturn was a bitch to work with even beside that. Just have a look at the architecture sometime.

Grand Theft Auto

Moral panic based 'bad publicity' is different than what we have here. There is publicity that is the kiss of death.

This is obviously the best candidate.

Why is it even allowed to tag the images??
imageboard.documentfoundation.org/posts

No clue. There is a permission you can set for the booru so regular users can't make tags yet they haven't done so.

P A N I C !

I feel like writing some tool and adopting the character, perhaps we all should do.

HMMM

;__;

considering all the other submissions have nothing but downvotes I'd say it is pretty obvious that perfection is currently in the lead

I would not be the least bit surprised if they end up canning the whole thing.

It's a blushing Tsukasa. Like this one.

Time to make a few more accounts.

Not another peep from Tyson since he CC0'd libbie. Hope he's doing alright.

It's stock booru software.

should be pointed out

LIBBIE OR NOTHING

Jesus. This has to blow up in there face. We can't let this NOT blow up in their face.

PERFECTION AT 25 POSITIVE UPBOTES

KEEP EM COMING LADS

I like that we're basically naming it that.

oh fug

STOP YOU'RE NOT BEING PAID YOU MADMAN

What have we become.

4freeeeeeee

Do not fret for groðkona dýr shall await for you in Valhalla for your feats

We should write our own office software, oriented to channer needs.

Special calculator for dubs
Spreadsheets with recipes for microwave food
Writing software oriented to chan posts with chan text formatting.

Again, the actual LO devs probably had nothing to do with this. This is all the 'Design' departments mess.

It doesn't matter.

Free market dictates that if we do something better they will have to drop unuseful human trash or accept having something less worthy on their resume.

why does that one submission has only -23 votes compared to anyone else?

Because it works by subtracting the downvotes from the upvotes, meaning it has slightly more upvotes.

but in the time every other submission got downvoted this one didn't

Can someone start recompiling Libreoffice's source to get rid of the Penguin and replace with Libbie?

user it's not that simple. If you actually want to get people to use the darn thing you gotta have a repository for each distribution (like apt, rpm, etc). Maintaining those can be time consuming.

I don't know if it's possible with the LibreOffice codebase but I think a script to replace all icons on an existing LibreOffice installation might be the better alternative.

Or why don't we rail LO enough to get not bullshit mascots?

That's ideal, but a lofty goal. For now, embarrassing the Libre Office foundation will do for a start.

If you can make a script to do that I can write you an rpm spec to include Libre Office as a dependency and put Libbie in `%post` installation.Then we just have to make it available on some git repo.

As an aside does Holla Forums have it's own repo yet?

We have a few Flatpaks on TPB.

Time to fork LibreOffice and use Libbie as the mascot?

Libbie is bigger than LO now. She is the spirit of free culture and the muse of all tech.

HOLY SHIT
OMG! Ubuntu did a new article (just a neutral "hey look this is a thing" kinda deal) on the vote, and I noticed they didn't remove the votes from it

Fucking incredible
twitter.com/omgubuntu/status/930890014233432069

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE

THE VOTE RESULTS ARE STILL OUT THERE PROBABLY
Look at the third image

If they have the number of total votes, then they surely must have the vote breakdown for the whole thing.

I'm going to write an email to various outlets tonight. In the meantime, keep voting for the penguin.

This is pointless, will accomplish nothing, and nobody will use a forked LibreOffice just because it has a new mascot.
For one, we don't even really know where the new mascot will show up. It might just be on the start splash, it might be only on the website, or it might infest every damn icon. We just don't know.

There's more productive things to be done.

This guy gets it. If we harangue the entire foundation, that might backfire. Unless we know more, the only party involved is the LibreOffice design team.

I'm trying to run Kdenlive on Gentoo to make libbie memes. I run it, it tells me that frei0r-plugins is not installed. However I already installed it from portage. WTF do I do?

Post the emerge output or pastebin it

user, do you have a moment to talk about our open source video editing savior, the VSE?

those who fight monsters...

So, who of you faggots is actually running a script in the background to periodically count and store the votes for future evidence?

They're not going to count public votes. I'm betting there's going to be a second sponsored vote.

The OBS from SUSE will host repos for common distributions generated with minimal configuration

Anons with twitters need to start replying to this with Libbie. Everyone needs to know what happened.

They could pick the 3 most highly voted ones and then do an "internal vote" to pick the final mascot.

I was messing around with that this morning. It seems possible to just make a gtk theme where we replace images we want.
Images that we choose do not have size requirements, nor need to be powers of two. You probably want to use the same size as the original though.
We can distribute it as a simple zip file in which people drop in their LO directory.

They should only if they won't spill spaghetti. They should just get to the point, and say that the owls look like they were copied/stolen. Keep it simple, and to the point.

The booru vote up to now was already rigged. By us. They can easily prove it and use that as an excuse to reject it. They're probably in these threads, we've been linked to from a bunch of places.

Yeah, great job there. And I've heard it said crossposters aren't an issue.

Should we be dropping truth bombs here?

see

OMG! Ubuntu's audience are mostly just normal, passive, Ubuntu users. Know your audience. Just keep it simple and direct. Only post if you think you can do that.

Let's get real, this is what will happen. The LO guys will say that someone rigged the votes, and therefore the voting process was null, and they will probably pick the nerd octopus because that was the point. They put him around shitty clipart entries to make him stand out more in a sea of garbage so it would be the only sane option. Turns out we are insane, something they probably didn't account for, but the ending of this shitshow is still scripted.

As to why the fuck did they do a contest if they had already chosen the winner, I can think of just two options:
I am going for the latter.

Where is the Libre Office Foundation located, because that's illegal.

Could be both tbh. Laptop is just icing on an afterthought, but it's still a goodie someone gets at the end of the day.

see

I don't think making accusations there is a good idea
Maybe just say that the contest has been non-transparent and poorly handled, with constantly changing criterias without respect to contestants.

Or maybe don't put everything in one sentence and let multiple anons post this bit by bit.

I think their brand is shit and I hate them for what they did to Libbie.
Oops.
FREE LIBBIE

Why are you downvoting duolingo owl? They can always remove the penguin with some bullshit excuse, and to remove two from the contest looks worse.

Sounds good.

REMEMBER, we still don't know what exactly the case is. It could be cronyism, it could be something completely different. The first step to finding out what happened is getting the vote results from the first vote.

I remember the blogpost saying that 7 winners will move on to the final voting stage, so we could have all the stolen logos be in the 7 winners.

Important information from OMG Ubuntu.
* Voting ends Dec. 17.
* The three mascots who received the last votes are eliminated.
*TDF will pick the winners from the remaining 7.

bottom right in first pic here looks very familiar, anybody know where is it from?

So the Jewish Octopus will win no matter what. Whatever

So this is going to go on for a month?

vote the dumb octopus to oblivion?

*The five mascots who received the least amount of votes are eliminated.

WEW (from the OMG Ubuntu comments)

Also, regarding the third image

Remember how Tyson mentioned that 39 of the 40 sketches he did weren't displayed by the organizers? Well apparently it happened to multiple submissions too.

So the thing that supposedly got Libbie disqualified is a thing the owl did too?

In that case the most highly rated ones should be from these ones. They'll have to choose between 2 stolen characters and some completely uninspired generic birds.

well fuck me

Not sure what exactly you're referring to.

It seems it's not just us that hated the submissions

this is supposed to be libbie by the way

But Libbie is a this:

I think we would need a calculator to change regular time into microwave time as well

NEW OBJECTIVE
It's no longer about upvoting Perfection, but about downvoting the "best" designs and upvoting everything else. We want the LibreOffice guys to reveal this for the farce it is, and this comes from forcing the unexpected.

Do these fuckers think such a shitty voting process in which they have the last word for over 99% of the submissions is a honest community driven contest? If they just chose the easy way out by picking 7 entries, then letting the community decide over which 1% (actual percentages, I am not making up numbers) WON'T make it, it is clear they knew only the most horrible three would be dropped out of the process, and just to make sure, made most of the finalists horrible just to make sure their mascot was inside the top 5. So this is why we will run a honest counter-contest in which we will transparently decide their best entries and just proceed to downvote them to oblivion.
That's our win state as well. They will either have to drop the whole contest and decide not to pick a mascot for a while, or just reveal this as the fraud it is and just pick their chosen logo. That or they get stuck with Perfection, which is equally funny.

Should I pass this around to GS?

ყєꜱ

that's beautiful, thank you user.

i'd say to post that in the libbie oc thread but that might be too mean

Put it in the OMGUbuntu Twitter thread
twitter.com/omgubuntu/status/930890014233432069

THE PRESS THING JUST MIGHT HAPPEN

WE MIGHT JUST BE ABLE TO PULL THIS OFF

I would argue it's not about deciding over the best, but over those we think they would have chosen. The nerd octopus is an obvious "Design Team favourite", while the birds and other clipart-like silhouette logos are not since they all look the same and I guess they put all of them in there at once to make them stand out less, so even if the magenta bird is probably the second most aesthetically pleasing of the bunch, I think they expected it to lose because it looks too much like the other four hummingbirds and the pegasus. Basically, the actual question would be "if you were a corporate cocksucker latte drinking hipster normalfag who wanted to rig a contest so your friend's drawing would win, which decoys would you put around your chosen entry so it would stand out among the others"?

Remember we are assuming the winning entry will be the nerd octopus, but we have three different entries we can shut down, so choose wisely the other two just in case they are smarter than we think I doubt it considering this whole shitshow and opted to put a better entry than their chosen one just in case.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

IT'S H A P P E N I N G

There isn't much controversy in this post alone

They removed the fucking rockhopper penguin, it's gone. What's our strategy now?

Now we upvote the WetboekPlus owl into oblivion, of course.

fuck, i'll have to reconsider my life values (as in ubuntu==shit)>>821210

According to the original contribution link for the nerdy octopus the uploader is Cristian Molina but that seems to be a fairly common name.

Fuck, I didn't save many of the comments. Anyone have the one with all the baneposting? Also the indian one.

We decide the best or the most likely to win, then we downvote those.

I cast my downvotes for the nerd octopus, the duolingo owl and that... thing that looks like a furry.

seriously kek'ing at the not-libbie mascot's current annotations

They added a new one to replace the penguin. It's not Libbie.

imageboard.documentfoundation.org/post/97

down syndrome guy preserved some of the comments because he thought they were creative and funny

I'm getting a "post 97 not found".

Not found on my end, my man. Also, did they just fucking change the nerd octopus mid contest?

It seems they did...

godamnit

They're getting desperate.

I didn't keep the tab open, but here's a screenshot from the index.

You've got to be kidding me. For fuck's sake, do they want the octopus to win THAT fucking badly? That they'd edit it to look better mid-contest? That is so fucking slimy.

This is the new Post 6, which was the octopus. This is fucking outrageous.

why_not_both.gif

You won't believe this, but

i don't even know what to think anymore

Yeah, i can't belive it.

WHAT
ARE
THEY
THINKING!?

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS MEAN
WHAT ARE WE EVEN FIGHTING FOR!?

We've been duped
The penguin was a set-up to soak up positive votes

Are they trying to appease the people who crashed their survey?

ayy

I don't think they actually know what they're doing.
I mean, they just called

Did the spurdo otter have a design reference sheet?

He has no idea of the buttsex in the first two posts and I love it

Why are the swastikas backwards?

Now that we can't waste one of the 7 spots with the penguin, we'll need to reevaluate who we think should be the ones that make it.

What I mean is he'll probably be more open than I previously thought to bringing up the issues that we're talking (arbitrary rules, possible vote manipulation, etc)
He liked Libbie too!

I hope nobody saw the first version of this post

le mao

They're Buddhist.

If we still want to play their game, then making sure the octopus is last would be the best plan since they clearly want it to win.

It's a manji you fucking hwaito piggu

Somebody put a jew nose on that octoling.

We should for the retarded green owl, not the duolinguo one but the other one. That one was copied as well.

Maybe it already has

Fixed. Silly me :^)

Nice

start bringing up the fact that the design was allowed to be changed while none of the others were. this is some real bullshit.

You're a bunch of manchildren. Fucking hell, no wonder nobody takes imageboards seriously.

Now that the swastikas have shown up they can claim that the whole thing was rigged by Nazis. They'll use that excuse to select the mascot internally, and then they'll chose the nerd octopus. Attaching Libbie's name to the swastikas makes the chances of them feeling any obligation to apologize basically zero.
Good job guys.

why did you even post here?

Opinions on this selection? My current favorite is the retarded birdo (third from the right on the top).

underrated post tbh

Did someone link this thread elsewhere?

No just me being a fucking retard. They're gone.

I don't know. Honestly, I've been thinking for a couple weeks now that I'm getting too old for the bullshit of these users.

Fuck you. I'm the one who made the first Libbie thread a month ago.

GUYS! LOOK WHAT THE LIBBIE THREAD FOUND:

nigga everyone's in that thread you don't need to repost everything in the mirror thread

IT'S NOT ABOUT US

IT'S ABOUT TYSON POTENTIALLY GETTING SCREWED OVER BY GUILT THROUGH ASSOCIATION

THAT'S THE MAIN REASON I KEEP SUGGESTING WE ERR TO THE SIDE OF CAUTION WITH THINGS

It's an obvious fake account, that dude uses his real name in the thread just above.

And Hakui. Don't forget she got screwed too. She just cares a lot less.

They don't seem to be taking action against Tyson as of now. I doubt even they would want to get him involved, but we all know how Gamergate played out.

All Hakui cares about is her kotatsu, fountain pens and rolling on the floor, I'm not surprised she doesn't care.

He also uses "THE LIBREOFFICE DESIGN TEAM" in another comment.
All comments need to be approved before they're shown. They wouldn't approve a fake one.

Huh. I hope they approve mine then.

kek

We need to make the shittiest possible one win the vote.
My vote is the pegasus because it looks straight nineties.

that octopus also looks like a contender for that imo

Remember the current rules seem to be more about making some lose, since they will pick from the top 5.

It's the top 7, not the top 5.

Nobody will want to associate with the guy or his works after a mountain of imbeciles spam and sabotage a voting because his work didn't win.
KDE might even stop using his mascots.
>inb4 (((they))) cuck dindu XDDDDD
Think for a second.

Even worse. This is a fucking joke

Hoot Hoo.

I guess I see why you're taking it this seriously now.

user, is 100% right here. We cannot let Tyson get caught in the crossfire.

Then again, maybe we should be telling that to halfchan...

I'm sure everybody here is trying to be taken seriously, and not actually sometimes just interested riling people like you up in their spare time, so that you may come here and complain about how they are a bunch of babies.

As if Tyson wasn't having enough problems.

Maybe one day you'll allow yourself to have fun.

You're going to have to reimburse me for those sides I just lost.

That's just a wrist weight. I've used similar before.

yep tyson's fine twitter.com/TysonTanX/status/927148932953755648

Is this the Dragonball way of becoming a better artist?

Which of you madmen did this?

Yee

Go back to the ball pit.

That was me. I also considered these lines but they weren't fitting enough:
My beloved put in his hand by the hole of the door,
and my bowels were moved for him.
I rose up to open to my beloved;
and my hands dropped with myrrh,
and my fingers with sweet smelling myrrh,
upon the handles of the lock.
I opened to my beloved;

I'm actually mad they removed the penguin.
Everything about him and the whole situation surrounding him was so shitty I couldn't help but burst into laughter whenever I saw his shit eating face.

Are we past time to submit artwork? Can someone do a freehand sketch of a leopard or a lion? Some fucking animal that starts with an L? Make it realistic O'reilly Books style. Not a god damn cartoon. I swear to god these are all the worse mascots I've ever seen. It's should be this fucking hard.

Be sure to add that to the libbie thread:

8ch.net/tech/res/820668.html#821362

Sure.
It's not mine, you could have added it yourself.

Where's it from?

O'Reilly style sounds cool, but I would go with a lion in Libbie style

also, this is finals, it's waaay after deadline

Was posted in thread #2 I think

It's from

And yet we managed to meme a reality tv show host into the white house.

Hope Tyson posts something before too much longer. Just to know he's in a better mood.

The only part of LibreOffice I ever really use is Word. The Calligra word processor is kinda weird, but it seems functional.

Does he not know what the word iterative means?

Apparently, some contestants are exceptions to the rules.

I thought that during this phase people would leave feedback and then the designs would be updated.

How's the support for MS formats compared to LO?

You mean Writer?

I have literally never used this thing.

I "made" this LibreOffice splash screen. It's crappy, but it works.
All you need to do is download it, and then:
This will delete the current splash screen. And then:
To move/rename the file (remember than in UNIX world the path to the file is part of the name.)

I NEED YOUR GUYS INPUT ON THIS!
After I get some of my homework done I'll write up the email. What points should I include?

Right now I got:
- Vote results haven't been released
- Dubious claim that Libbie didn't make it just because of votes
-Many other good designs also didn't make it
- The fact that multiple finalists violated the rules
- The $1000~ worth of prizes at stake
- There should really not have been this much controversy over a simple mascot selection, but there was

Pic related: it's how I'll deliver my message

I just woke up,
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED THE BEST PENGU!!!

He didn't fly so good, user

He is now one with the ganges. Which goes into the curry, which is then passed through th-

Wow. Libbie actually integrates a lot better than I thought she would. I guess I never paid much attention to the LibreOffice splash screen. The triangular design makes a lot more sense now. That makes it all the worse that she lost to all that other garbage.

see

installed

Thanks user!

UNFORTUNATELY that beautiful penguin had problems with copyright, otherwise he'd have been a perfect fit for that splash screen and not this ... ugh ... furry bait ... ugh

Guys...

CC0 user, can't stop em

Sounds good m8. I'd definitely draw attention to all of the mascots that are complete ripoffs of other mascots (like the Duolingo owl ripoff), or just recolored clipart, and highlight how those pieces of garbage got to the end over other entries. Don't focus too much on Libbie in specific, but it's probably worthwhile to point out that Tyson is a prolific artist within the FOSS community.

I'm already kinda worried by the way he worded one of his tweets that he has become massively disenfranchised with the FOSS community...

It's not the FOSS community on the whole that's his problem. He had his work place mostly running OSS and along comes a new manager and replaces everything but one Linux server with Windows. He has not been having a good time.

I don't know of anything that has been going wrong with his work for Freedom Planet 2 or the KDE project. But he has been having work and irl problems from the sound of it.

People like this need to be eliminated

China loves them some NSA spyware.

Thanks for the context, user. Now I know.

And knowing how cheapass chinese companies can be, I bet it's even cracked to hell and back and loaded with extra spyware :^)

Probably have tencent AV looking at everything you fucking do.
RIP Libbie
Fuck this man

How?

The guy's had a rough few months. To be honest, I get the feeling this was more a 'final straw' situation than anything. I hope we hear from him again soon.

underrated

Crappy, but working, icons for LO.
The icons are in /usr/share/libreoffice/share/config
Just grab the .zip file of the icon theme you want to modify and decompress it in your home folder.
Inside /res/ are the icons. Just replace them with these ones, compress all the directories again with the same icon name and do a sudo mv /your/new/zip usr/share/libreoffice/share/config/iconthemename.zip
mega.nz/#!fxIiSLZT!NlNWUAwLF5cnRxGD8SVes8cdXTiwoYy6opdED3Ar-tI

That's a user stylesheet. We should copy the idea though. Holla Forums BO, how about we put Libbie in the bottom right corner?

THE FOSS COMMUNITY is cancer in so many respects though. I feel bad for him for having an ideological attachment to it, the (literal) autists and bureaucrats will never appreciate his talents and I think he is coming to understand that. Poor guy would be more appreciated doing character designs for F2P mobile games for fuck's sake.

you have to go back.

Quite a hasty generalization. He did get his work accepted for Krita. I'm sure other FOSS projects would love to have his artwork used.
Heck even I will.

He seems to have more problems at work than with his art.

To be fair, Krita's mostly staffed by artists-programmers. Although KDE is not, and KDE has accepted Konqi's redesign.

Also, while "FOSS COMMUNITY is cancer" is quite a generalization, I'd agree that software people are more competitive and abrasive than artists. I assume that artists don't have to rely on each other as often as developers and this creates less tension between people. Plus FOSS sometimes attracts people with broken egos who use ideology to claim superiority over other people.

Tyson has never been super strict when it comes to OSS. He prefers to use it, but if he needs Wangdoos to get shit to work he'll use that. Unlike, say, David Revoy, who is just a notch or two below RMS.

can I do animations/keyframe scale/rotate on it, like in Sony Vegas? I tried it, but it just seems for adding together video clips/music and doesn't allow for any animation.

You can, but the VSE uses a totally different paradigm. But yeah, it's possible.

An oldfag does a good.

You have to remember that you're still using Blender. Most of the shit you think you're missing from Vegas can be emulated by other tools outside of the VSE.

I never realized until now that this design was probably made to fit into the splash icon. It's perfect. Why did they ditch her!

it's perfect

It's actually a pretty good NLE. It just has a couple gotchas that you can work around easily enough if you know about them ahead of time.

Going to throw something else together tomorrow. See you fags then.

I bet they just dislike how anime she looks (you know the type). Or they are straightup faggots.

I posted in another thread but I'll repeat it here.

How many of you faggots know how to 3D model? Someone should put Libbie in SuperTuxKart, and upload her to the community models thing.

lewd Libble STK model

PS: I cant actually into GIMP

Fork STK to Super Lewd Racers. They race on foot... nude...

Concept is my only super power.

Some very interesting notes...

So what's the game plan now? Just make sure the octopus loses? Or should we decide on which five mascots need to be eliminated and then vote up the others?

...specially those with Libbie outlines

Better outline visibility

Although I should not be associated with this board, I gave my name. Here's a meme from /g/

ABSOLUTE MADMAN!

EVEN IN VAIN, LIVES

the only problem I have is dealing with multiple framerates, resolutions (including odd aspect ratios) and actual hardware acceleration for not only viewing videos but also rendering videos.
Otherwise my 3d modeling skills sort of leap back and forth with the editor due to being slightly familiar and I kind of like it in a weird way.

THEY PURGED THE IMAGEBOARD

I wonder what's gonna happen next...

IT'S HAPPENING

You sure? The site's slow as fuck but it eventually loads as usual, at least for me.

It gave timeout errors and lagged like shit before so I might be some sort of server issue.

Alright that's fair

IMAGEBOARD MIGHT NOT BE PURGED. MIGHT JUST BE A SERVER ISSUE OR SOME MAINTENANCE BULLSHIT

For someone who isn't into GIMP, great attempt user!

retarded or bait?

probably both.

Was getting the shitbird removed from voting part of our plan? Who do we vote for now? They're all way in the negatives at the moment.

The imageboard is dead and it's never coming back

nope, it wasn't our plan, but that was kinda caused by our shitposting

as for the plan.. if i'm correct, downvote everything equally, or just the thing you consider the shittiest. it's a free for all.

this looks very nice, i love it!

Anyone has an URL for the original voting page?(yes, i have voted, but i have cleared my history a few times since then)

I thought that they *might* be as dumb as to not hide the votes properly, and with some wayback machine wizardry i might be able to retrieve those votes.

does anyone have librechan original hi-res art? I plan on drawing libbie x librechan (futa)

any help is appreciated

No, just downvote the ones they want to win. Remember they will choose from the top seven.

Of course.

disregard this I suck cocks
I mixed up librechan with libbie

Seems like they nuked it. First it was displaying the default Nginx page, but now it just says "This board has been disabled".

survey.documentfoundation.org/665628

It's dead, Jim.

Just imagine. Every time poor Tyson uses LibreOffice he'll have to stare at the ugly winning mascot and be reminded of his failure.

I expect the poor man to either go back to OpenOffice or gods forbid, start using Microsoft Office (360).

Someone contact the Apache foundation and ask them if they'd like to have a mascot for OpenOffice designed by him, he did declare on his Twitter he'd first design an original mascot >4free before other software projects adopting Libbie as their own.

looks dead at first, but i was able to find some older surveys for refference, and some assets (mainly js) on the web archive. investigating it rn

Doesn't want to repurpose her for something else.

From the blog. Well looks like it's coming to an end. They're gonna choose a fucking bird and be done with it.

What the fuck? They refuse to acknowledge anything that has happened? Jesus fucking christ.

design.blog.documentfoundation.org/2017/11/16/mascot-progress/

okaay, so we can rule out "anime is too unproffesional"

they're just plain faggots

young adult males are their target audience, not stuffy old men in business suits, so i think the mascot should have a quality of "sexual attractiveness to it so boys can go "wow. that is sexy"

Sounds like they got sick of our shit and decided to pick one at random.

OY VEY, THE GOYIM ARE ON TO US! QUICKLY SHUT IT DOWN!

I commend their ability to make it sound like everything's fine even though it clearly isn't.

wew

The banality of evil exhibited right here par excellence.

Fuck these guys, they deserved what they got from Oracle.

So that's it then. They'll choose whatever mascot they want and claim it was those nasty trolls that ruined this for everyone.

The Jewish octopus wasn't picked at random. It was clearly meant to be the winner this entire time.

CUTE

Predictions as to what they're gonna choose "based on your votes"? It's the Kiketopus, isn't it?

I like this

I'm happy with this

Yeah, but...

ASK TYSON TO USE SOME ON-DEMAND TSHIRT PRINTING SERVICE TO MAKE LIBBIE TSHIRTS SO WE MAY PAY HIM FOR HIS WORK

We technically don't have to. Libbie is CC0 now. She's as free as the Brothers Grimm to use.

Actually meant to post this here

Wew.

Find the cheapest printing service you can find, and send money directly to Tyson. Cut out the middleman.

I'm pretty sure it uses electron.

Send 30% of profits to Tyson. Lets not be unrealistic.

Cut out the middleman, not become the middleman.
Order your t-shirt from some sketchy really cheap website that doesn't care about royalties, and send some (or all) of the money you save that way to Tyson. He gets more money, you spend less money.

20%? Why'd you send him 10%? I mean 5% is a bit much don't you think.

fifty-fifty, or more like Tyson gets 50%, you get about 25%, the service that makes tshirts gets 25%.

Anyone got that Bane Libbie picture?

Is this just happening to me?

He'll hear from our lawyers about this 50% of profits he owes us.

Even the people at OMG Ubuntu were shitting on the finalists. They're not going to pull that off so easily.

He took it down.

It probably wouldn't be hard to upload something to the AUR which consists of a patch to the existing libreoffice. It could download the binary distribution and simply patch it with the new artwork before installing.

Based Tyson.

Someone on /metatech/ is a bit upset. Could you wait with making a new thread until the old one is past page 3 or so?

It's been a while since we had threads move this fast.

He sounds fresh from /g/.

Yeah, it was a really long time since Holla Forums actually was fast.

Yeah, but it seems like a good idea to have a guideline even if the person asking for it is inane.

I am mildly salty.

Is that libbie with angel wings?

HE TOOK IT DOWN! Be sure to save a copy.

He's just getting out of our way.

It's okay to be angry, Tyson. But it's also okay to decide to be the bigger man. Let us do the autistic screeching

I cannot wait to see which one of these gay mascots they're going to go with. Whichever one it is, we'll be able to meme them into oblivion.

I think they'll meme themselves by picking the jewish octopus.

And then Holla Forums will get wind of it....

One of the good things about anonymity is that it lets you be petty as fuck.

Half the LO design team is going to be deaf before we finish with them.

I hold the world but as the world, A stage where every man must play a part, And mine a sad one.

The only way they can salvage this now is if they give back from what they took

inb4 they decide to make the cockatoo the mascot

il join you

The Document Foundation is actually an (((NGO))), not a company.
Also, what is TLD supposed to stand for? The only results I get searching say Top-Level Domain, which doesn't make sense in your post.

Good old democratic vote.

I'd love to, user. But...

Guess im retarded and still waking up, but dont feel like writing another reply to correct it. Since there's no way to edit the post. Maybe they will get the message anyways when I'm talking about the cockatoo (or was it a parakeet?)

Seems the Reddit/Twitter crowd is starting to smell the stink in Denmark. Getting more OC from a lot of people who follow Tyson too.

BREAKING: LibreOffice Chooses Poop Emoji for New Mascot

nonfree.news/2017/11/15/libreoffice-chooses-poop-emoji-for-new-mascot

It was posted on a Linux subreddit at one stage. They didn't seem to care much though.

That subreddit in particular likes to take itself too seriously.

Yeah. It's one of the many reasons I don't post on Reddit (or even view a lot of subs) anymore.

To be fair, the final stage was planned from the start to be like that.

"What does that have to do with LINUX!?"

GPU pass through

"AMAZING!!!"

I hate that place so fucking much.

Fucked up the formating a bit. But you get the pont*

I don't believe this.
Heh nice site.

I fucking know right. I've noticed pretty much all posts criticising Linux get deleted by a certain mod for "not being Linux related".

In particular there was a post from someone ranting about the lack of decent accessibility (for disabled users) software for Linux and it got deleted for that exact reason.

You mean like blind people? There's Orca.

I have the .zip with all his Libbies (Tyson's), I presume other anons can upload it to a file hoster for anybody else if he took it down.

Not quite. I think it had something to do with braille but but not 100% clear.

So it was pre-planned that they will choose some submission from their board or org.

I like how he drew black circles around the blue one so it wouldn't be identical to the top-middle one on the left.

WHy kdenlive only support 30/30 per second?
Can't align them flicks to beats perfectly

Are you saying Kdenlive only supports 30/30 or Blender?

wew another one. is there a single one that got to the finals that isnt just fucking stolen? even not-libbie was clearly trying to rip tyson's design and then theres the immediate DQ originals like the cockatoo. What the fuck is LO doing

The game was rigged from the start, user.

Some pajeet really wanted that laptop.

kdenlive 00:00:00,30 = 1 sec

At this point i wouldnt be surprised if the clipart submissions was just one poo over and over.

Don't hate the game. Hate the one who designed this unfair and unsquare game.
It was rigged all along like every democratic election ever.

DT, pls.

Download the Blender tarball (you want to do that for codec support) and try that. If you need any help I'll be around.

So, now it's just a matter of waiting for LO's pick? What then?

We patch Libbie into LO's art.

They removed the comment area entirely on the newest post now

Full damage control

they removed the ability to comment on older posts too

(this is after they already changed the comments to require a login)

They're tightening their sphincter. But the shit has to come out eventually.

Who the hell is running this bullshit? Polygon? Christ.
We need to bully whatever mascot they end up picking into the ground.

The whole internet is going to be bullying whatever they pick.

What would be interesting to see is whom mascot will get selected, and is there any relation to someone on their board or something.

This is pretty much almost guaranteed.

The only thing that comes into my mind when I see that one

That penguin was a recoloured stock art penguin as well.

another

new meme? this has to circulate around Holla Forums to gain traction

are you new

the best part is the poo scammer only saw the piegraph and thought that's what they wanted, meanwhile the colors chosen for the survey graph were completely arbitrary.

Oh god... That is almost too perfect!

Getting close to time for a new thread?

OK seriously can we just stick to a thread until it actually reaches the hard post limit? Holla Forums is slow and it's stupid having half a dozen threads sitting around waiting to expire.

Not until page 13.

I've created a designated dump board, feel free to drop all your lewds here.
>>>/libbie/
posting in two threads for visibility

You're asking us to never make another thread.

750 posts isn't never you newfag

This discussion is going to fall dead on the floor if you don't let the thread stay somewhere on the top of the catalog, and it's going to remain on the bottom for weeks before reaching page 13.

This isn't /g/, perhaps you need to go back.

Then get the thread to 750 posts so we're forced to have a new one, you're acting like the front page is some magical place that makes threads active, when we aren't talking because there's little to talk about right now.

I've never seen a thread become lively again when it falls down except for some established generals that the regulars know to look up.

You have a point but you're still a fag.
There should really be a cyclical dedicated to this shit

Sounds like you're just salty you weren't part of a happening. A mod has spoken on it, and we don't need the literal duplicate /meta/ bitching thread around the catalog.

>>>/metatech/1379
>>>/metatech/1381
>>>/metatech/1383
>>>/metatech/1384

I was part of this happening though, I'm trying to say that if this is dying down spamming threads to keep it on the front page isn't going to help, especially since all the waifufaggotry is now contained to it's own specific thread to very little success but that's a diffferent argument

I rescind my page 13 comment. I was mostly worried about the mods shutting it down, but if they are OK with it then I am fine with it.

These are the startpage results for "libreoffice mascot." I'm damn sure that libbie is the most popular. If Libreoffice is acting shady about this, what else are they hiding? Fucking uninstalled.

thought you might have been the /metatech/ fag but I guess that's more likely using the exact wording.
I dont know what more to discuss for LO until they make their next retarded move, since everythings on lockdown but it will happen so I dont see much point in stalling around, if anons arent as talkative because it's already past the limit.

libbie oc will probably keep going, but the iron has cooled down on that too and it will be a slow burn. Surprised there was even that much drawfaging for Holla Forums. Still need the orange libbie banner added though.

I think at the very least we should re-combine the two threads, it was ok to split them at the peak of the discussion but now it seems a little pointless.

Sounds like an alright idea since the memewar against TDF is over, and Libbie is still related enough to the LO shitshow.

Posting this here since I posted in the wrong thread like a dummy.

The guy who designed the parakeet redesigned her to satisfy the new rules but was still rejected.

That looks like a cockatoo. Also don't like it much, the 5 colours don't stand out in particular. Stylistically none of them come close to Libbie.

You're right it is a cockatoo.
I don't know why my brain replace cockatoo with parakeet.

Pajeetkeet?

Thanks user.

github.com/redsPL/libbieoffice

Jokes on you, I've been using LibreOffice for years.

New thread:

8ch.net/tech/res/823373.html

hey that was me, posted on /g/ but yeah that was fun.

(((5%)))? What are you gonna do with (((4%)))? Isn't (((3%))) enough for you? Here, take this (((2%))) and bring (((1%))) back.