Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn thread to discuss what was likely the greatest Russian writer of the 20th century. A little about him he was a soldier in ww2 until he made a joke about Stalin getting him a ticket to the gulage.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandr_Solzhenitsyn
ia800301.us.archive.org/32/items/Solzhenitsyn200YearsTogether/Solzhenitsyn-200 Years Together.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=QwQkgfRUI9M
youtube.com/watch?v=WA0DG-JWQME
youtube.com/watch?v=j6p1zxKnDeM
snippits-and-slappits.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-new-world-order-is-communism.html
rense.com/general86/realholo.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=j9fFg923PmE
cvltnation.com/brutal-drawings-from-the-gulag/
rense.com/general75/ehr.htm
ihr.org/jhr/v14/v14n1p-4_Weber.html
thechristianidentityforum.net/downloads/Gulag1.pdf
germanvictims.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/WALENDYsolje-Russia-and-the-Jews.pdf
archive.org/details/collectionofrepo00grea
radicalpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/200-Years-Together.pdf
voltairenet.org/IMG/pdf/Sutton_Wall_Street_and_the_bolshevik_revolution-5.pdf
ia801703.us.archive.org/13/items/RussiaNo.11919--ACollectionOfReportsOnBolshevismInRussia1.ed./Russia_No.1_1919--A_Report_On_Bolshevism_In_Russia.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=eP18DvPFn9w
ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3342999,00.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

some good quotes

“If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?”

“You only have power over people as long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power–he's free again.”

“When you're cold, don't expect sympathy from someone who's warm.”

“Only those who decline to scramble up the career ladder are interesting as human beings. Nothing is more boring than a man with a career.”

“The meaning of earthly existence lies not, as we have grown used to thinking, in prospering but in the development of the soul.”

“To stand up for truth is nothing. For truth, you must sit in jail.”

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?… The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If…if…We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation…. We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

“One day Dostoevsky threw out the enigmatic remark: "Beauty will save the world". What sort of a statement is that? For a long time I considered it mere words. How could that be possible? When in bloodthirsty history did beauty ever save anyone from anything? Ennobled, uplifted, yes - but whom has it saved?

There is, however, a certain peculiarity in the essence of beauty, a peculiarity in the status of art: namely, the convincingness of a true work of art is completely irrefutable and it forces even an opposing heart to surrender. It is possible to compose an outwardly smooth and elegant political speech, a headstrong article, a social program, or a philosophical system on the basis of both a mistake and a lie. What is hidden, what distorted, will not immediately become obvious.

Then a contradictory speech, article, program, a differently constructed philosophy rallies in opposition - and all just as elegant and smooth, and once again it works. Which is why such things are both trusted and mistrusted.

In vain to reiterate what does not reach the heart.

But a work of art bears within itself its own verification: conceptions which are devised or stretched do not stand being portrayed in images, they all come crashing down, appear sickly and pale, convince no one. But those works of art which have scooped up the truth and presented it to us as a living force - they take hold of us, compel us, and nobody ever, not even in ages to come, will appear to refute them.

So perhaps that ancient trinity of Truth, Goodness and Beauty is not simply an empty, faded formula as we thought in the days of our self-confident, materialistic youth? If the tops of these three trees converge, as the scholars maintained, but the too blatant, too direct stems of Truth and Goodness are crushed, cut down, not allowed through - then perhaps the fantastic, unpredictable, unexpected stems of Beauty will push through and soar to that very same place, and in so doing will fulfil the work of all three?

In that case Dostoevsky's remark, "Beauty will save the world", was not a careless phrase but a prophecy? After all he was granted to see much, a man of fantastic illumination.

And in that case art, literature might really be able to help the world today?”

“A great disaster had befallen Russia: Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened.”

the particular flavor of nationalism he wanted was I always felt the correct choice for Russia. They should remove most of the foreigners and set the majority of the none slavic lands free from the federation and reunite Belrus Ukraine and Russia into one state

“Over a half century ago, while I was still a child, I recall hearing a number of old people offer the following explanation for the great disasters that had befallen Russia: "Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened." Since then I have spent well-nigh 50 years working on the history of our revolution; in the process I have read hundreds of books, collected hundreds of personal testimonies, and have already contributed eight volumes of my own toward the effort of clearing away the rubble left by that upheaval. But if I were asked today to formulate as concisely as possible the main cause of the ruinous revolution that swallowed up some 60 million of our people, I could not put it more accurately than to repeat: "Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened.”

his wiki
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksandr_Solzhenitsyn

His anti jew work was 200 years together a history of jews in Russia. It has never been translated into english

There is nothing that so assists the awakening of omniscience within us as insistent thoughts about one's own transgressions, errors, mistakes. After the difficult cycles of such ponderings over many years, whenever I mentioned the heartlessness of our highest-ranking bureaucrats, the cruelty of our executioners, I remember myself in my Captain's shoulder boards and the forward march of my battery through East Prussia, enshrouded in fire, and I say: 'So were we any better?'

I got you fam.

ia800301.us.archive.org/32/items/Solzhenitsyn200YearsTogether/Solzhenitsyn-200 Years Together.pdf

It's not a complete translation, and I don't know if it's authentic.

As much as some here are anti-Russian (whether because they are Polish or Ukrainian or turbo burger patriot larpers), Russia itself is one of the greatest victims of the Jewish vermin.

Russia (despite not being as modern as other European countries) was making great progress and strides at the beginning of the 20th century.

I hadn't heard of this author before OP, but after reading that first pic quote, I will definitely suss him out in my spare time.

Though english translations for his work would be handy.

Does anyone have all of the Gulag Archipelago in Russian or English?
Thanks/Здравствуйте

Most of them are shills, some are even bots. You'll notice the machine-like behavior. Only bots and autists will do it like that, and.. conscripts/workers with zero motivation.

Bump

Halfway through 'One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich'

Link below says EXTRACTS but is complete. This is the recommended translation.

www.davar.net/EXTRACTS/FICTION/ONE-DAY.HTM

It's depressing. Also interesting that the Baptists continued to worship, keep texts, etc inside the camp. I wonder if you would almost have more freedom for forbidden things after being caught and gulaged?

And by worship I don't mean full service, but studied copies of parts of the bible, spoke some word out loud around other zeks (convicts) and just generally didn't hide it completely.

Bump, don't want to let this thread die. I didn't read the rest of 'One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich' tonight so not much to add, and perhaps this would all be ten times more obviously relevant if Hillary had won, but keeping a lit thread alive

Actually, to add something with content (even if it's just a question), how did Solzhenitsyn even operate when researching and writing 'The Gulag Archipelago'? It can't all be based on his own memories of his experiences while in the system, can it? How did he research so much material for such a large volume of literature while still persecuted or being placed under "active measures"?

200 Years Together is an excellent book by an excellent bestselling author. It's too bad that there are no official English publishings of it. I WONDER WHY. HMMMM…

This is what helps wake up people to the fact there is is in fact a Jewish conspiracy. They fear that book more than anything. As well as people knowing

The leaders of Communism are All JEWS
youtube.com/watch?v=QwQkgfRUI9M
youtube.com/watch?v=WA0DG-JWQME

Putin; 80-85% Bolsheviks Revolution were Jews
youtube.com/watch?v=j6p1zxKnDeM

THE NEW WORLD ORDER IS "COMMUNISM"
snippits-and-slappits.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-new-world-order-is-communism.html

The Secret Holocaust - The real holocaust was a Christian Holocaust by Jews of sixty-six million, mostly Christians.
rense.com/general86/realholo.htm

Communist Atrocities and War Crimes from 1918 - 1945
youtube.com/watch?v=j9fFg923PmE

Brutal!!!
Drawings from the GULAG
cvltnation.com/brutal-drawings-from-the-gulag/

Ilya Ehrenberg - The Man Who Invented The 'Six Million'
rense.com/general75/ehr.htm

The Jewish Role in the Bolshevik Revolution and Russia's Early Soviet Regime
ihr.org/jhr/v14/v14n1p-4_Weber.html

THE GULAG ARCHIPELAGO - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
thechristianidentityforum.net/downloads/Gulag1.pdf

Russia and the Jews
germanvictims.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/WALENDYsolje-Russia-and-the-Jews.pdf

A collection of reports on Bolshevism in Russia
archive.org/details/collectionofrepo00grea

200 Years Together
radicalpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/200-Years-Together.pdf

WALL STREET AND THE BOLSHEVIK REVOLUTION By Antony C. Sutton
voltairenet.org/IMG/pdf/Sutton_Wall_Street_and_the_bolshevik_revolution-5.pdf

Communism was originally called "Jewish Bolshevism."

“The Bolshevist revolution in Russia was the work of Jewish brains, of Jewish dissatisfaction, of Jewish planning, whose goal is to create a NEW ORDER IN THE WORLD. What was performed in so excellent a way in Russia, thanks to Jewish brains, and because of Jewish dissatisfaction, and by Jewish planning, shall also, through the same Jewish mental and physical forces, became a reality all over the world.” ~ The American Hebrew Sept. 10, 1920.

ia801703.us.archive.org/13/items/RussiaNo.11919--ACollectionOfReportsOnBolshevismInRussia1.ed./Russia_No.1_1919--A_Report_On_Bolshevism_In_Russia.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=eP18DvPFn9w
We mustn't forget that some of greatest murderers of modern times were Jewish (Israeli Ynet News)
ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3342999,00.html

Vladimir Putin said: "80 to 85% Jews in 1st Soviet Government." (When they set up the first commie government, out of the 545 commissars, 477 were Jews and most of the others were married to Jews.) youtube.com/watch?v=j6p1zxKnDeM
“Some call it Communism, I call it JUDAISM.” ~ Rabbi S. Wise, The American Bulletin, May 5, 1935. (Judaism is nothing but disguised, camouflaged Communism.)

The Gulag Archipelago II was written by Nobel Prize Winner Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn. The Gulag Archipelago II are the leading administrators of the GREATEST KILLING MACHINE in the history of the world, the "Gulags", where over 65 million Christians were holocausted. They are Aron Solts, Yakov Rappoport, Lazar Kogan, Matvei Berman, Genrikh Yagoda, and Naftaly Frenkel. ALL SIX ARE JEWS.

I read one day in the life of Ivan Denisovich many years ago it is a great short story and should be easy to find.
Even though AS spent the last 10 years of his life living in upstate NY while he was writing 200 years to my knowledge there has never been a complete and official english translation of his final work.
Somewhat curious?

From what I gather, 'Two Hundred Years Together' is not necessarily easy to translate. I remember being on some sites that are now considered "alt-right", many years ago, and they were kind of crowd-translating parts of it. But there's no trusting any translation, even partial, and I'm sure with how involved the jews were with that specific social experiment it might be really difficult to translate 200 years out of Russian into other languages with no similar experience.

I'm content to read 'One Day in the Life' right now because even 'The Gulag Archipelago' seems so involved that I'm not sure why I would need to read it.

I read half of 'One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich' last morning and that was taking breaks for researching words and thoughts, and I was drunk. So it's approachable for any interested user