I Hate Fairyland №11 Storytime

I'm sure all of you remember this edgefest. So guess what? A new issue came out recently. So, without further ado, let's get this started.

Aaand since my laptop is a toaster, I'll post one image at a time. Isn't this exciting?

Guess our little Miss Mayhem picked up a new idol somewhere inbetween. And guess where she can meet her?

Facking noice.

If you thought "Dungeon Festexpocon" you guessed correct. After all, it's the only place where you can find authentic barbarian heroes and kinda-legit merch for cutthroat prices. Sometimes literally.

Gert really does have a penchant for exploding buildings, does she?

Why not dump multiple images?

And what convention would it be without long-ass waiting lines? This is definitely one of those things that makes you go berserk.

Read the first post, this should save me some time.

But all of that is worth in the end, right?

Well, Gwar definitely deserves a comic of her own. Your mileage may vary though.

Don't you just hate it when a random star doesn't care about Biggest Fan №8323207 who just happens to be you?

I'm speechless and not because my tongue got cut off.

It's nice to see when a star cares about her personnel. It shows that they are still human or whatever.

Once again, my question from over here
stands.

Enter, Your Biggest Fan. Does this make her Biggest Fan's Biggest Fan?

And a nice trip down Memory Lane. You probably know how this will end. The real question is "How soon will it end?". Spoiler: We're halfway there.

Let's face it, how many of you would pass an opportunity to get an apprentice? In your case, that would be once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Not talking about Gert here, specifically you.

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women. Hooray for timeless references. Or overused, your mileage may vary.

If you ever thought about fucking Gert, the last panel will help you purge this thought from your mind.

Shhh, Gert is trying TO SLEEP HERE!

Don't you just hate it when your overexaggerated copy is ruining your buzz?

Ye gods, she's becoming self-aware.

We all know how this ends, Gert. No need to lie to yourself.

And so ends the story of Maddie. She died as she lived - loud, fast and dangerous.

Intermission.

Guess what? I underestimated my laptop. I'm so proud of you, little toaster.

I shall remain silent for the rest of these.

FOOLISH SAMURAI

And with that, we're finished. What a ride, eh?

That's exactly what I though upon viewing that page. A lot of samurai jack jokes in the next issue.

Thanks for the storytime OP.

Why, thank you, kind user. Not bad for a first storytime, I suppose.

is that a samurai jack reference?

Possibly.

Ok, might be interesting, what the hell
That was fucking awful, but thanks for the dump OP.

I was expecting something generic akin to the MC tries to get revenge on the Viking chick, would certainly suit her character, giving some space for some nice art of the Viking chicks adventures as the MC tries to kill her and is foiled each time, said each time taking place in a different environment/setting/ gore filled quest, keeping a steady pace and maybe giving the reader some chuckles at how the her, likely ridiculous plans, get foiled and create collateral damage thats ignored by the Viking chick who rides on another gore filled quest.

Maybe she kills the Viking, maybe not, maybe a twist with an ending and a funny moral.

Instead we get a badly paced story with an even worst character, awful settings/quests full of tryhard edgy shit with no comedy, no real characters, awfully done settings/environments.

What saddens me is that this could actually be half decent with an actual writer.

Yah this issue really didn't go anywhere.

Im not a fan of this comic. Its too predictable in its attempts at edgyness. It too often breaks its own concept and has no real direction. And the main character is obnoxious.

Now here is my prediction:

In the next issue (If this is EVEN in continuity) She tried to be "Good" but suddenly she looses her plot immunity to all the bad things she's done and has to relent and return to her one-note self.

Hack Writing 101. If she actually develops Il take back most of the bad stuff I said about this comic.

She can't really develop except by toning down the violence which is the main draw of the comic.

Really? See the thing is if that's the case this comics got allot to learn.

A good part of creative and fun violence is variety (And different tones). And you would think being in a magic fantasy land this could be well achieved.

But instead it's all just lumped together. Maybe there are better but to me a great example of enjoyable voilence is Superjail. We get to see this different personalities almost like gods mess around in their own playpen with different flavors of creative violence. Its still got fun recurring characters, with pretty well-established personalities….Well mainly season 2-3.

This? If the violence is the draw, this is amateur hour. And its not even animation related. Have an actual plot. Give some challenge. Violence is like a frosting. You use it for effect. Which is why so many other gore shows completely fail at what Superjail does.

Heck again in a way its very much like Samurai jack but with no variety and a grating main character.

It's more about violence against the stupid multi-colored creatures that inhabit the land. I am honestly surprised we haven't seen any ponies yet. You are right though, the comic has a lot of room for improvement.

At which point its still one note and not a very high bar to reach. Its "Nothin Persennel" the comic.
"There is this awesome cool girl that kills all the stupid dumb fairy stuff!". Thats a 2 minute Robot Chicken Sketch.

Really not seeing that. They even stated in the last few pages that she's an insufferable piece of shit who's caused almost all of her own problems, and has no one else to blame. She's not an awesome cool girl, she's a miserable cunt who's only still functioning because she hates everything else in fairyland slightly more than she hates herself.

The last page yes. This comic has been running for 10 issues before then. It's all been the same one note stuff for 10 fucking issues. Just 10 Issues of her effortlessly destroying everything in her path.

And again I predict hackery for the future.

Thanks OP

No problem, user. I'll storytime anything interesting I come across.

Will be waiting.

Seems more of the Lone Wolf and Cub reference unless that comic artist referenced Nu-Jack who just massacred a bunch of sister assassins.

Definitely Lone Wolf and Cub.