Multi tab text editor / wiki / note-taking / personal infromation manager

I need at least this:
-a rich text editor (text with formatting, tables etc) with tabs (so multiple documents opened and easy switch between them)

If it is possible I also need special thing that can do what above but also:
-have some kind of library/tree/file browser (left pane)
-have links so can link one document to another and click that links to move
-there is no separate edit and view mode (like in wikis) and there is no markup/markdown
something like IDE but with rich text editor instead of code editor

I tested 30 notetaking/wiki/personal information manager software. All of them failed to do what is above. Except one. But even that one software is useless, because when I opened two big files in tabs and try to switch between them, it takes 10 seconds to switch... I need instant switch

Other urls found in this thread:

pragmaticemacs.com/emacs/org-mode-basics-iv-formatting-text-and-source-code/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_Information_Manager
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_wiki
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_personal_information_managers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_notetaking_software
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_outliners
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_project_management_software
alternativeto.net/software/keynote-nf/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Org-mode for Emacs can do most of things that you are requesting.

it doesn't matter then. as 30 other software can do "most" but can't do all of that necessary features

also I don't believe you that org-mode can even do:

Prove it by posting screenshot

why niggers created 40 of them when all of them are badly designed and useless?
why not have 1 perfect or 5 good, instead of 40 craps?

Emacs has buffers that function similarly to thing you are calling tabs.

If you took 2 fucking seconds to type "org mode text formating" or similar thing you would have found that it is possible to format text in Org mode.

pragmaticemacs.com/emacs/org-mode-basics-iv-formatting-text-and-source-code/

I tried to help you, I have nothing to prove to you. Do your own fucking research.

Mate, just fuck off.

You wasted all that time searching for thing that doesn't exist. All note taking applications are bloated cancer.
My personal suggestion: tex editor (Geany/micro) + markdown + hugo + web browser

Thats how I write all my docs and it is great. gitgud

text editor

Notepad.exe

I've been using a program called Zim for a few weeks and it sounds like it might be somewhat related. It's kind of like an offline wiki creator with the online wiki part optional. It's kind of close to what you posted, check it out.

org-mode has a really rad table system, and it has a lot of formatting available.
Emacs doesn't come with tabs by default, but it has a different system for switching between buffers within a window that works just as well, and there are extensions for a tab bar.
Emacs with org-mode can genuinely do all of the things you're asking for, and it's really good at them. But you're the one asking for help here, it's really fucking rude to ask people to prove it.

you deserve
MACROMEDIA DREAMWEAVER, ASSHOLE

Emacs org-mode

THIS

EMACS IS BEST FUCK OFF OP REPORTED YOU FOR POSTING CP MODS PLEASE BAN OP

So where are they and how to click them?

>pragmaticemacs.com/emacs/org-mode-basics-iv-formatting-text-and-source-code/
are you joking?
this is some markup/markdown shit where you need to type *text* to bold, like on fucking reddit
I meant formatting where you select text with mouse and click on B icon on toolbar. Or press Ctrl+B after selecting text with mouse. And formatting code should be invisible to user, only formatted text should be displayed, like on Microsoft Word.

Also, why this shit website shows examples in white font on black background? I hope nigger emacs doesn't look like that, does it?

I forgot to say, markdown is unacceptable. It's nigger shit for niggers. Editor needs to be WYSIWYG, like Microsoft Word or Microsoft WordPad.
Also why do you recommend web browser? I am not going to use it. Web browser is for browsing web, not for editing and managing documents.

Did you read topic nigger? Notepad is not rich text editor.

I tested it when I was researching yesterday. Or at least, trying to test, as this shit didn't even start.
It doesn't fit my needs as it doesn't have tabs.

Where is the extension? Or how to click on those buffers to show them?

It uses nigger markdown/markup shit. It doesn't have true formatting with WYSIWYG.
Also it doesn't support what I want without installing some addons. How to install them? What addons I need?
This shit doesn't even support mouse without addon. Even notepad in Microsoft Windows 1.0 supported mouse.

It doesn't support rich text

at minimum I want something like wordpad but with tab support (multiple documents in tabs)
if it also had left pane with Files/Tree/Library it would be even better
so kind of IDE, but for rich text instead of code. I prefer rich text in .rtf format

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_Information_Manager
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_wiki
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_personal_information_managers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_notetaking_software
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_outliners
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_project_management_software

Gotta be bait.

You type "*bold*", and then the text becomes bold, but you still see the asterisks. It's the best of both worlds, because you can actually see what you're doing.
Emacs does come with mouse support. It even has mouse support if you run it inside a terminal, although I wouldn't recommend doing that.

Why is Markdown unacceptable? You are limiting yourself to a shitty solution with WYSIWYG anything. Unless your technical illiterate uncle is going to use that, there is no excuse not to invest 20 min MAX of your time to learn markdown.
You can use text editor to write markdown file, then with Hugo it generates HTML files with your specific theme and you view it in web browser. This is the most flexible solution. And it is really easy unless you are incompetent. Watch my video.

Sublime with a plugin??
Notepad++

WYSIWYG presumes it has a display engine built in. Display engine = browser builtin.
Might as well use Chrome with a Javascript document editor.

Not sure why did your respond to me. Doesn't apply to my post.

That's not best, that's shit. Why should I see nigger asterisks? They should be invisible.
It's like if image editing software would show me color values of each pixels instead of displaying them. And making me edit by changing those number, instead of picking color and drawing.
Internal document format should be invisible for user, user should format text visually, not using nigger codes and symbols.

Then why nobody will some screenshot of Emacs orgymode with GUI and tabs? Because it's a scam and doesn't exist

Because it's piece of dumb shit. Internal format encoding and special symbols should be hidden from user, he should format text using toolbars and shortcuts, not stupid symbols and see this nigger symbols all the time
That's like if I learnt BMP file format specification and started "drawing" images with hexeditor by changing values, instead of opening graphical editor and drawing images with mouse.

WYSIWYG is superior to marknigger. In edit mode, you see document exactly how it will look in view mode, or print mode. But in marknigger you see stupid formatting symbols. You need to switch between edit and view mode.

You are fucking crazy if you think I will use some other software every time I want to view document. And I'm not going to use web browser for it.
I want to view document all the time, when editing. I have many documents where I need to be in both edit and view mode at same time. Some of my documents need to be changed 10 times a day. That's why WYSIWYG is superior to all shitty open source marknigger shit.

Proprietary software again proven that it's superior in design compared to open source garbage. It's not surprising, considering that open source garbage is never designed, it's just one big poop pile where all contributors and developers poop whenever they want.

doesn't have rich text. also GUI looks like shit

No, idiot. rtf display engine is nothing compared to web browser with html, css, javascript engines, and with dom, cookies and other shit
Also, web browser are made to browse websites. rtf engines are made to view and edit rtf documents.

I want edgy teenagers to leave this board.

Being this cucked instead of using objectively superior solution.

Delete this thread then go back to /g/.

alternativeto.net/software/keynote-nf/
This seems to fulfill all your requirements, but I'm not really sure if "virtual nodes" are links or something else
(also, alternativeto is fucking awesome)

I rtfm'd and it turns out it actually does support links, not only to other tree nodes, but to system files and email addresses too

dear rustnigger, your nigger code of conduct doesn't apply here

>alternativeto.net/software/keynote-nf/
This is one software that I already tested. It looks great on screenshot, but when you actually test it, you find out those "tabs" are not tabs. You cannot open documents from tree into new tabs.

I already used it to see other software that could do what I want, but there was not a single one useful for anything.