Wouldn't wolverine have contracted AIDS at some point? Since it's an auto-immune disorder...

Wouldn't wolverine have contracted AIDS at some point? Since it's an auto-immune disorder, wouldn't his healing factor make it worse?

O mean since every superhero has practically fucked each other in the long run don't they all?

*I

No I mean all the people he's stabbed. His claws cut through his hands every time he extends them. Surely he's shanked someone with AIDS.

That's actually a good question.
Has he ever killed African mercenaries?

Isn't AIDS the lack of an immune system rather than an auto-immune disease?

That's why you get a bunch of diseases and why it took so long to understand what the fuck was happening when it started to spread

HIV is the virus, the actual disease. It's the autoimmune disease. AIDS is what happens after HIV has destroyed your immune system. The healing factor getting HIV (assuming HIV worked on it) would destroy it faster than normal presumably.

your whole premise is flawed. t-cells don't heal you, they eliminate foreign bodies that are tagged by your body. healing is cell growth. if anything if his healing factor is represented by explosive cell growth, then obviously there's no way a virus that works by killing selective cells faster than they can kill the virus could take hold in the system.
wolvie's healing factor violates the law of conservation of energy, a mere virus no matter how effective couldn't do shit.

obviously if you want to kill wolverine, you figure out some way to give him the right kind of cancer. cancer is the body's own cells without the usual checks on growth. the healing factor works on cell growth. you can see where this is going. if he ever had cancer, he'd turn into a five foot one tumor within seconds.

I thought the only way to kill Wolverine was to cut off his head with either an adamantium or vibranium blade.

Wolverine's healing factor + cancer would be Deadpool. And while he's one big tumor, he heals from the cancer as fast as it destroys the non-cancer cells.

I know who does have it….

Statistically speaking, he would have contracted it at some point. That saying, his immune system doesn't heal him, or really anyone. It fights off foreign bodies, it doesn't heal damage done. Theoretically, wolverine's body would have killed off HIV in his body, because the virus simply couldn't keep up with the destruction of the immune system, assuming his body replaces T-cells as fast as it does other damaged cells.

HIV is a virus which destroy immune system unless immune system destroys it. And its implied that he never coughed in his life. And its not guaranteed that human virus can affect him at all, he has different biology.

He never coughed once in his life? Not even from swallowing wrong? Like he was born knowing how to drink correctly? Damn Wolverine's healing factor doesn't just heal physical damage, it gives him abilities that defy logic.

gentlemen please, there is precedent for this discussion

this is a joke right?
you're stating the obvious ironicly?

As long as he's wearing his gloves, the little metal widgets on the back of his gloves clean the claws as they retract.

We've seen him get really sick after prolonged torture shut his healing factor down. He had to stop smoking after a coughing fit, and all the metal in his bones was interfering with his bone marrow creating red blood cells, so without his healing factor to compensate he was anaemic.

His healing factor does fight off weird infections, like the Brood spawn.

We've established that The Hulk is immune to AIDS. At least normal AIDS, Madman once infected Bruce Banner with super-AIDS that would have killed the grey Hulk in 24 hours.

If you want to stick to current "lore", Logan body was nearly shut down by AI alien AIDS. So there is that.

Why can Rogue fly?

Was the story of taking miss marvels powers. Best lore in marvel for the 90's.

wovlerines healing factor works like this
this means
his hair grows back into place of last snapshot (always scruffy)
he gets VERY swole from working out but has hit his peak a while ago and dosnt need to upkeep his gains, they stay.
cancer is nipped in them bud thanks to the snapshot
he ages slow as shit
he dosnt have to worry too much about something "healing wrong" but he still does a little, bullets are pushed out of him
any injury other then to a certain part of the brainstem is non-lethal
if you cut off his arm you will not grow 2 wolverines
if parts of his brain sustain damage they will revert to the most recent snapshot when they re-grow, this is one of the reasons he has so much memory loss all the damn time
if you drowned him he would go into a state of rapid brain death and regeneration and he would stay unconscious as long as he has no oxygen, but will revive when exposed to air
and finally he is basically immune to disease

also of note the thing that takes snapshots of him has taken a snapshot with the metal on the bones, so if it was missing his healing factor would restore it as long as it was in the most recent snapshot.

Now explain how he comes back from a nuclear explosion that leaves his nothing but a skeleton.

His healing factor can create adamantium? That is the biggest load of horseshit since The Hulk's healing factor being able to dissolve it.

I want normalfags to leave

Autoimmune is when the body's immune system attacks the body, and it's usually genetic.

AIDS is an immunodeficiency disorder, where the body's immune system is basically killed off, and it's caused by a virus.

the adamantium is a little different then normal apparently and it is comparable to colossus armor.

presumably because the part that makes the regen work is in his spine and protected by adamantium
still, it should have been cooked but whatever

I think like everything in comics it depends on the writer. Since it's become a plot point in recent stuff (notably Logan) that he's suffering adamantium poisoning constantly from his bone lacings. Actually, I think they gave him that treatment specifically because only someone with his powerset can survive it.

And this is why I don't read Marvel