So what is the consensus on this?

So what is the consensus on this?

Its 3rd season just ended and per usual shit hits the fan out of fucking no where only for us to getting another season that drags shit out till the next action packed season finale.

Okay so season 3 might have kinda brought this shit heap back but still have issues overall it might be possibly redeemable

Prequels killed all Star Wars for me…

Ahsoka is dead for sure now?

I am 99.9% she is finally dead unless they do some dark apprentice crap

Also Sabines gone I know some guys here had a problem with her

What happened to Sabine?

She got caught up in Mandalorian shit still has dumb hair too

Ah. Lame.

Last episode Hera called Kanan 'love' and he was going for arm squeezes.

When did "what fat star wars fans think pony tails make them look like" finally start getting that sweet "twilek slave girl in denial" octopus pussy?

I haven't kept up with it since S1. I keep forgetting to watch the rest of the seasons.

I still would have taken more Clone Wars and fucking Detours, if only to psychoanalyze Georgie

The make up looks awful.

I guess to answer your question on this season its a bit better than the previous ones but its still pretty watered down. Even Thrawn is a bit watered down and this is the best he's been in the show so far. I'm glad to see the Rebels got their shit kicked in for once.

They also got fucking destroyed in the Season 1 finale.

The one good thing they've done is tone down Thrawn from the off-the-shelf gimmick saturday morning cartoon Sherlock Holmes godlike prescience - complete with Palleon as his Watson, even - that he was in Zahn's novels. I will never understand how Star Wars fans can take a shit on the prequels and then in the same breath elevate the Thrawn trilogy to classic literature and not the fanfic-level rubbish it actually is. In Rebels, he's played out as he should be with his interest in cultural art as tangential and not pivotal. If he was played out in Rebels like he was in the books, that insight he got on the Rebel position from Lothal art wouldn't be limited to simply betraying their position but he would have magically divined their entire battle strategy, the extent of their armament, as well as what they had for lunch that day.

Also that Bindu shit was gay as fuck.

Im kinda still pissed at what they did with Rex I expected some better shit than "yeah ill join the rebellion"

I really hope season 3 shows us loyalist clones

It remains a dumb children's show that exploits old canon ideas for attention without keeping any depth.

Maul fight was neat I guess. Glad hes finally at peace. Thrawn was a travesty.

Clone Wars at its worse had better episodes than alot of rebels.

Tennōheika Banzai

Animation quality is also much higher during the season finales, most evidenced by this scene here.

Rebels feels like some loser kid's self-insert fanfic. An orphaned young boy who lives by himself in a field next to the city and dreams of adventure and one day gets what he gets caught up in a group of misfit rebels. A few days later the boy finds out that he has hidden powers and that the only human male in the group has the same powers too. He falls for the mysterious alt-chic who takes shit from no one and befriends the old seasoned veteran who is also the last of his kind. Later the evil empire is after the boy because he has powers and could be trained to work for them. Along the way self-insert boy meets his favorite characters Darth Vader, Princess Leia, Ashoka and Darth Maul.

It's more common than you'd think.

One thing I liked

Maul was trying to pull the same shit he did to kill Qui Gon and Obi Wan just destroyed him.

Hit the nail on the head.

Don't forget all of the lore rape that this series has done. Disney got rid of the EU to replace it with this shit.

Not to mention the crew

Not your traditional jedi he USES A GUN and takes shit from no one

Typical Twi'lek pilot fapbait but wait shes actually a super kick ass person who helps the rebellion get started

A fucking mandolorian who for some reason is with them? Idunno she was always an odd one out

Used to be part of some super special honor guard

By far one the biggest pieces of shit its like hes some special astromech droid and does shit crazier than the stuff R2 ever did

*gets what he wants when he gets caught up in a group of misfit rebels

Don't know how I fucked that up.

I actually want Rex to die hes my favorite character but the way rebels handles him is terrible

Clone Wars season 6 was finally starting to mention the clone orders which there was over 150 of them yet only a few were ever known. Like Order 65 being an order to take the channcelor out of power and Order 1 being kill everything that isnt a clone trooper.

I hope season 4 has the other clone characters especially Cody come back

Who thought that this was a good idea?

The 1st rendition was alright since it matched her armor

The other 2 fail since she didnt change her armor color

I wanna see Cody and Rex fight. Or for Cody to do fucking anything.

Did she ever give a reason as to why she dyes her hair a lot or is it just there to show how rebellious she is?

The latter.

Figured.

Its so odd Cody was like one the first named clones ever and yet throughout the years he was always sidelined even in the fucking show random clones like Echo/Fives had more story than Cody.

It was always said Cody and Obi Wan were close friends but I never saw anything like that only in Episode 3s novelization.

It bugs me too. We never ever really get a good look at him in media.

Why was he called Cody?

All the other commanders had names like Fox,Rex, and Gree also the regular clones never had regular names either

The 3rd one looks so terrible. Those colors are too bright to work on her.

I agree. They should of stuck with that haircolor.

Clone Wars had okay animation but even fucking its season 1 looked impressive

Rebels looks like it got even more softer

He picked the name

He was based on Commando Cody due the fact Cody always wore a little jet pack.

So any of you guys remember Kix the medic clone trooper from the Clone Wars show? I was just reading the short story about that red dude from the TFA and apparently Kix knew about Order 66 but was put into Carbonite to be delivered to Count Dooku only the ship crashed and was discovered 50 years later by the red guy with Kix then joining the pirates to raid old republic bases.

I just find that kinda cool and odd how they just bring back some background clone character.

I probably wouldn't of minded most of this stuff if Rebels was an original property.

What happened to her? Did she die?

Season 2 ended with her fighting Darth Vader in a temple and he was shown walking away alive.
I'm pretty sure they showed her going deeper into the temple afterwards, though.

After wasting 3 seasons worth of hours on this meh series. I have to say: Aladdin in space.
Only interesting parts were the season 1 and 2 finals where Tarkin and Darth Vader came to push rebel shit in. Season 3 final was just stupid. Why somebody like Thrawn. The master tactisian. Put in charge some incompetent officer for commanding new prototype ship that can disable hyper space travel. Why he wasn't executed earlier on like how Tarkin did with the 2 idiots who only did was fail. Also why Thrawn didn't issue inqusitors to counter the rebel jedi when he land assaulted the planet? This rebel series imperium is more impotent than the clone wars droids. I should stop wasting my time on these stupid kids shows.

Helicopter lightsabers and in general shit version of Clone Wars.

This is what he looks like now.

So sandnigger with haircut. Same shit.

Do you think they realized that his original haircut made him look like Aladdin?

but CGI clone wars was good

If there was one thing Rebels made me realize, it's how much more I prefer the prequel lore to the original lore.

Like, I just can't be fucked to give two shits about the Rebellion or the Empire or this merry band of bland dickheads on a quest to save the universe from evil. By comparison, the "on the front lines" tension of the Clone Wars kept me glued to my seat most of the time, to the point where I wished that it wasn't a Star Wars show, or at least a show set a few hundred years after ROTJ where they had a clean slate to go from.

Come to think of it, I never really liked the original trilogy either.

I don't know why the series can't move on from Luke and the original cast. His story is over. A story that takes place a few hundred years before or after the original trilogy would be the the perfect new blank slate for a new story. like you said The Star Wars universe is ripe with storytelling potential which makes me wonder why everyone in charge wants to keep making movies/books/comics based on the rebellion and empire conflict.

I'm not really keen on going back in time to before the original trilogy or the prequels, but I'd be totally down for one set, I don't know, maybe 400-500 years after Luke and company? Even the EU never really went beyond a century after ROTJ, and even then the best they came up with was bringing back the Empire, except not as blatantly evil, plus Luke's edgy rockstar great-grandson. 500 years would be perfect for avoiding more Skywalker drama, and giving us some fresh faces, technologies, locations and events.

He's not saying it's bad.

Moving away from the original trilogy timeline would be risky, you'd have to start showing prequel era stuff again and that brings up dark memories of the films that nobody liked.

Or, you go forward in time and have to run the risk of gasp making new shit! And if there's one thing Disney fucking hates it's taking risks and making new things. It's why they opted for a sequel to the original trilogy that is literally just a carbon copy of all the old films.

I wish we could move past the Empire/Rebel setup because it's been done to death at this point. But that's where the money is, so we're likely never going to see anything experimental or weird be done with the IP ever again.

The prequels might have had bad movies but the shit that came from them the comics,cartoons, and video games were some of the best in the franchise

I wish they'd move on. I always wanted to see a new trilogy that has nothing to do with the empire or the skywalkers. Don't know why more people don't have this idea, I'm sure a lot are sick of seeing the same characters and plot over and over.

figures

sage is not a downvote

He looks like late 90s CGI except for the eyes,

Fuck off, retard. People loved the Prequels.

never watched it, it looked terrible. I expected some actual rebels, not some teenage hipsters, an aladdin rip-off and, shocking, more Jedi where they shouldn't be. Gotta sell those plastic lightsabers!

I'm sure they didn't even have the balls to kill of ashoka

They didn't

Gotta make rebellions look cool to the kids so they grow up to join Antifa.

This show would of worked better if it took place in it's own original universe and obviously had the star-wars shit taken out.

Saying it doesn't make it true. Fanboys liked the prequels, nobody else did.

Star Wars fanboys were the ones who hated the prequels the most.

Holla Forums likes the prequels.

Are we talking about the board which more reddit tier than reddit itself?

yes

shocker.

any fan with half a brain knows that she should have died before the clone wars cartoon ended, but filoni just couldn't let his waifu go.

DUDE WHAT IF ALADDIN WAS DROPPED INTO THE STAR WARS UNIVERSE AS A BABY AND HAD SECRET JEDI POWERS?

Honestly, I thought the Season 1 finale was supposed to be more triumphant since they meet all the other rebels and Ashoka.

With Rebels I thought they were going to make it a bit darker. Like whenever the rebels hit an imperial factory the imperials punish the townspeople and as a result the townspeople hate the rebels and make the rebels question to fight or persevere. Honestly, they should've done it like the ATLA if the story is about a plucky group of heroes going up against an evil empire.

I heard that the Clone commanders take their personalities after the Jedi they serve under. So thats why Cody is so by the books like Obi Wan and Rex is a bit more of a risk taker like Anakin.

Agreed.

I actually had my own fanfic planned to show what happened to Ashoka during the Galactic Civil War.

You can't have a complex situation in a Disney cartoon. Kid's can't handle that stuff!

Wouldn't sell that much.

Actual rebels are almost always shittier and usually more extreme than the regime they're fighting.

Yeah, but they also lost pretty much everything they'd built up the entire season. Their entire fighter squadron got completely annihilated by Vader alone.

So basically Saw Guerrrera.

Just another reminder as to why we should hate disney.

The reason why the media likes to portray rebels in a postive dindu nuffin light is because of the romanticism of being of a small few fighting a truly evil force for the good of all.

it's shit

Disney and most people are scared of new things.

bullsheeit

Is miss old canon, where the Empire did a significant amount of good, and the rebels were similar to the Taliban.

Darth Vader was a hero amongst the Imperial Stormtrooper Corps, and Palpatine was the man who ended the corruption, bureaucracy, and tyranny of the Republic.

Alongside those two, there was Pallaeon, Thrawn, and Dalla, the arguably three most important Imperials outside of Vader and Palpatine. All three did great things for the Empire, and their stories were great. I suppose I should be happy, all things considered, because if they sullied Pallaeon's name like they did Thrawn's, I'd be livid.

Prequels were kino you faggot. Also they did an amazing job at Universe-building. Watching them makes you feel like the Star Wars universe is alive.

You can't have bad guys doing good things, it confuses normalfags.

Why?

hot

*disgusting

hello Holla Forums

I didn't know Holla Forums was video games.

Kotor?

If he was from Holla Forums he'd be calling the prequels kino.

Rebels is fine. I can understand why some people would be discontent with some of the cameos, but ultimately this is a series that could be forgotten about without spoiling anything that was cool in the movies.

I will say that Thrawn's depiction is a little simplistic. In the EU he was supposed to be a tactical genius who was actively undermining the New Republic by possessing working knowledge of almost every aspect of his enemies, which he could have only obtained by autistically studying them for years. In Rebels he can just look at art an immediately decipher what Kanan and company's next steps are.

*hot

Vader was also well respected by the 501st since they were the only clone battalion still in service.

Disney would never do what they did back then making a fucking cosplayer group into official canon

It could've been better.

Dont underestimate the power of greed, just look at the new Battlefront trailer

Literally a whore who's only an admiral because she slept with a Grand Moff. Probably boned Fett as well - scratch that: Probably held Fett and wiped away his tears as he whined about the big mean Jedi who killed his clone daddy.