AMERICA #1

Because some faggot decided to bitch about the AMERICA #1 without story-timing the fucking thing, I'm doing it for him.

Brace yourselves, this shit is really obnoxious.

The interior art is by Joe Quinones, the same mind that brought us the trash that was the 2015 relaunch of Howard the Duck. His twitter feed is non-stop politics and that disgusts me.

The writer is Gabrille "Gabby" Rivera, who's only previous work I can find is a young adult novel about gay mexicans. From her twitter profile, she looks like a bull dyke, describes herself as a feminist, and, like Joe, her feed is non-stop politics. With all that, you know you're in for some quality work.

I cannot describe just how much I hate the first page. It's everything they tell you not to do when creating your original characters.

I just noticed that. Now, I usually don't have a problem with that, if it didn't turn out that their daughter was gay too. Considering this normally doesn't happen with kids raised by fags (because faggotry is the exception, not the norm), the author is implying one of two things. Either that she's the last survivor of a brown-skinned lesbian planet who was rocketed to earth, landed in Mexico, and did what was natural to her species, or her moms groomed her to become gay, which conservatives have been fearing since gay adoption became a thing. So, in one swoop, this book has done more to undermine the rights of fags than any tea-party lobby.

I was going to give them the minutest amount of credit for making a villain made of white light instead some white guy, but then I remembered that light is naturally white and has to be defused to create color. So white light isn't the absence of color, but presence of all colors. You fucked up your metaphor you stupid broad.

It was already storytimed bruh

What in the fuck…?

please don't post this horror again, once was enough

In a different book, a possibly better written book, that would be a joke.

Sotomayor University's student body consists of nothing but minorities. Blacks, hispanics, lesbians, mutants. Not a whitie to be seen. The author has decided that Justice Sotomayor's legacy should be the creation of a hectares wide safe space.

We're given no motivation for America to hop into the experimental time-travel device. Nothing important from her past she wants to fix, or some world event that she wants to change. She just hops into the machine because fuck it, she has to…

…punch Hitler. I can just see where the hashtag author and the money-minded company meet. They created a scene that would be carried by all the comic news sites and hashtag warriors would gobble this shit up. I can see the fat white editor leaning back in his chair, dreaming of all the shops Marvel can con into buying tons of this garbage based on the buzz alone.

This book hurts me. I like the look of America, a big buff latina woman punching villains while wearing the stars and stripes. Too bad this book is completely repulsive because of how shitty it looks and reads.

You can now bitch about how America punches Adolph Hitler.

Looks more like she missed and swatted his chest a little than an actual punch.

this was storytimed already.
polite sage

We all fucking know.

wew
Someone's venting.

those names

You know, when Jack Kirby drew the cover for Captain America #1, he was standing up for what he believed at great personal risk. He openly called for war against Nazi Germany at a time when the United States was strictly neutral and the German American Bund was active. Jack Kirby and Joe Simon got a lot of hate-mail demanding their deaths, received threatening phone-calls, and had numerous prowlers loitering outside their offices. It got to the point that New York Mayor Fiorello LaGuardia personally promised to protect Jack and Joe from any harm.

Then I see this, and it feels like some upstart joining the "Hitler is Evil" bandwagon long after it's become acceptable to do so. America is punching Hitler because Captain America did it first. The author and the artist aren't taking any risks, aren't making any real political statement. They're actively undermining the significance of Captain America #1 with their spineless and self-fellating story.

And she's totally not even hitting Hitler on the cover.
It's a total wiff.
For god's sake, Hitler looks like he's more in pain from laughter.

Aside from Hitler looking like Spencer with a mustache, that punch carries no weight. There is no point of impact to inform the viewer that the punch actually Connected. Compare to Where there is actually a change in the line of action with that burst effect which adequately informs the viewer of the punch and it actually feels like it has an impact. That and Quinones just aped that pose from Captain America #1. It feels nothing like and Homage, it just feels like they want to spitefully take the glory from Cap and give it to some Quirky "Latina" bitch who comes out of nowhere.

WOW.
How did this racially insensitive piece make it past the editors? I should write a letter 20 tweet diatribe to the authors and Marvel to remind them that WoC, especially Latino women, are currently facing extreme prejudice and violence from Trump supporters, and that stereotyping Latino women, as well as portraying them as different from white women, when they are not, just further increases the divide between the two groups.

I heard she's queer.
and things are OFFICIALLY WAY WORSE.

Shitlordo supremeo confirmed

I'd fine if she was from a planet of big brown carpet munchers. I'd even be fine if that planet was destroyed by a giant, planet eating Trump expy. That'd be at least fun. I'd be fine if her parents were fags. I'd be fine if she was a fag.

But her being a fag and her parents being fags, independent of a planet of big brown lesbians, that crosses the line. It raises a lot of disturbing implications.

I may think that America did wrong in joining the War at all, but I don't think anyone can say that that cover doesn't fill you with patriotism, nor that it isn't made with true passion. I believe that whoever drew that shit up there did so for the same reason so many other authors are doing it: to appropriate American (and by extension Western culture), make it about exotic feminism and signaling how virtuous they are for destroying their own heritage.

I got an idea.
Draw a bunch of pictures of "America" getting fucked into submission by Hitler.

You can thank Joe Quinones for that, a shitty beaner, who I secretly believe is trying to help and effort by Mexico to steal land from America they believe is rightfully theirs.

The United States had no choice after Japan idiotically bombed Pearl Harbor and Hitler made the monumentally stupid move of declaring war on the US. However, the involvement of the US was inevitable due to the sheer scale of the conflict. They didn't call it a world war for nothing.

Sage for not being Holla Forums related.

Hitler? Why not HATEMONGER?

This, with BDSM gear and all.

Hatemonger kills two birds with one stone.

man, this hobby was cucked from its very inception

Why is there a university named after a still-living, sitting Supreme Court justice?

Imagine being so insecure & self-hating that you had to create a fictitious, idealized tuff latinx grl called AMERICA as a mouth piece & be totally rad against the perceived slights and enemies from your own neuroses.

All because you're too much of a fat, lazy, dyke to improve your own life.

Boy, that would be some seriously vain bullshit I tell ya what.

It's not even that. If the author did any of that, creating an idealized hero who fended off anthropomorphic representations of their own feelings of insecurity and self-hatred, then it would be better. They'd be using metaphor and narrative to discuss their own problems, eventually using the story to over-come them. She would be using the medium to actually discuss something.

But no, she uses the medium to discuss nothing. Just vague hashtag shit with no real statement about anything. I wouldn't even call it political. It's just a left-leaning piece of fluff that doesn't even attempt to express any real viewpoints.

The worse thing is that Marvel can keep publishing this shit at no real loss. They published 102 titles last month, with the highest selling 61,953 units and lowest selling 4,900. With that output and each issue costing $3.99 - $4.99, they make more than enough to print this garbage on the off-chance some hipster faggot will buy it.

The entire comic is cringeworthy.
That whole first page is sickening.
But it's this one panel that I keep coming back to. All this smugness, this ego, this smirking contempt for the country as it is.

shit, I forgot to add the shitty edit I made last thread.

There's a bigger question here.

What the fuck is that creature's gender?

Because the writer is a hack and a slave to their political ideology.

This shit was already storytimed beforehand.

Tumblr

Neither I nor anyone else had any idea this POS existed until now, and we were all much happier.

This shit is already dated.

But it wasn't pozzed until now. Before, it was just some slight gonorrhea. Now it's full blown AIDs with no medication.

Thing is that's not how she was created, but each writer keeps making her worse.
She first appeared in Joe Casey's Vengeance mini and as far as I know was just an edgy straight beaner.
Then Kieron Gillen got his cuck hands on her and turned her into his manic pixie dyke. That's where she became lesbo AND had 2 moms AND came from an all female universe.
Then this awful pig (who never wrote a comic) got handed this book, because Wil Moss is Cuckold Supreme at Marvel. And now America is somehow leader of the Ultimates, is wanted by the coolest nignog sorority, and punching Hitler, who is on the front lines for some fucking reason.
I'm not sure how the next narcissistic cunt can make it worse. America goes and beats up their childhood bullies maybe?

I think we should play the game of ancient tradition on Holla Forums, the game of How long will this shit last?

I am going to guess…8 issues.

I thought Hellcat would end after 12, especially things like Angela and Mockingbird being cancelled right quick. But the difference between Hellcat and Mockingbird is that Mockingbird was written by an actual writer of books; not someone who'd accept the pennies behind the couch as payment like Leth does.

Marvel'll pay as many cheaply hired SJW writers as they can, but once someone who actually cost money started writing shit, that was out the door. I assume Gabby Rivera's actually asking Marvel for a paycheck over 38 cents, so once this comic flops by issue 2, I believe it'll take 6 more for Marvel to end it. That way there's enough time for comic journalists to promptly forget about the comic so there's no article wave of "Marvel hates queer colored people people of color!"

10. Enough for 2 trades. Quinones will be off the book by 5 and replaced by someone somehow more inept. This book will be quietly canceled whenever Marvel tries their please come back promotion.

This is a solid bet. Marvel will have learned from Hellcat, but too slow and too greedy to cancel it before issue 10.

Oh my god I thought it was a joke.
I thought it was a joke.
I thought…

Ike Perlmutter is retarded, and hates money, and hates comics, and hates the people who read comics, and hates their money.

I mean, he tried to get Robert Downey Jr. kept out of Captain America: Civil War. I think that proves he doesn't read his own company's books.

PERLMUTTER IS A DUMB JEW
but toybiz toys were great in the 90s

Are you retarded? The jewish banking elite in the usa and britain had already decided to wage war against Germany for threatening their world domination ambitions. You also believe Iraq was invaded because of Saddam's nukes?

You really are a kike, aren't you?

I'm betting 15+. Marvel will be making more than enough bank from the hundred other titles they produce to keep this 20 page hashtag going despite low sales. This book is a disposable hook that Marvel is going to use to see if they can get any hipsters to buy their books. If it sells a tens of thousands of issues, that's great, but as long as it sells, Marvel's going to keep it on the shelves.

wait wait wait wait wait I thought Marvel was officially done with the social justice misadventure.
Or is America their attempt at creating their own shitty original characters like we've been wanting them to do so they can fail on their own and Marvel can be like "okay, never again, not even SJW "oc" works"

Of course not. They might purge it from their tent-pole titles, but they could give fuck all about a side book like America. No matter how it sells, it's going to be profit.

America isn't an important title like Spider-Man, a title that needs to sell a lot of copies to cover production costs for all the other books. America is the gravy, a title that'll generate profit because it's costs are already covered. Which means they can try to appeal to new audiences with it because any sale goes right into their pocket.

Marvel and DC are the only comic companies that can get away with that kind of business model. They've got the resources and properties to shovel out enough content to make floppies profitable.

Kek, I still find it funny that some people don't realize that comics were always pozzed.

If she was clever she could have named the University after a female scientist from Marvel lore.

Better yet, she could have named it after She Hulk, she's a lawyer, right?

You twats realize that Marvel has multiple editors, right? And that different editors are in charge of different books? For example Devin Lewis is in charge of Symbiote books, and in the recent Venom series they have shit on SJWs multiple times. I'm 90% certain that Devin Lewis browses imageboards since he lurks The Venom SIte and interacts with Venom fans on twitter. Hell, maybe he posts in Brock threads.

What the everloving fuck…

Well gee whiz, at least we have Aryan Venom again. Everything else might be getting pozzed like freddie mercury, but at least we have Venom. For now.

What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

Right down to the purple shirt!

Hey, you know what would be even better than putting anti-SJW identity politics into your comics?

Not putting any identity politics in your comic's and just trying to tell a story.

True, but if you must put if if you're going to Anti-SJW stuff is the best stuff.

Not possible in these times.

This shit is dated as hell. Why are seemingly teenage girls talking about bands that no one has cared about since their tweenie emo phase in 2005?

God. This is horrible.
How is this cunt even paying for college?

Actually, Cap and Hitler are white to, but other than that, this is spot on. Also, she probably got a free ride because she's just so queer and so brown and so super special awesome, Gaiz (read as both guys and gays).

I just can't get over how much I hate this little sorority. Everything is just wrong. First of all, they are introduced in a small sliver of a panel when such an intro calls for an entire page, but I guess I should be happy, since it shows their insignificance to the story and less I see them the better.

Speaking of insignificant, why are they even here? unless America is going to join their sorority, they should not even show up. It's just one big lipped alligator moment that does nothing other than to, once again, show how "cool" queeros are.

The chant is just the worst. I remember asking anons in the previous thread what the hell they are chanting about, and even though I now know they reference the "Fifth Element" in the first half, it still makes it no less worse. They just look like the snootiness bunch of dykes I have ever seen.

Thought I was done ranting at this, well I'm not. I know Prima actually has meaning to latinos and latinas, but its over use here is beyond annoying. Also, "we're the dream" huh? Sure thing you fat dyke, a fever dream and not the good kind. The kind where you swear off peyote forever.

The second half of this chant is even worse. What in Sam hell are blowouts, doobie wraps and little baby twists? It just sounds like nonsense to me and I bet any meaning it has will only make me feel even madder at the writer.

Bets on how many of these useless slags are getting an equally useless degree. This is coming from an art major. I'd say I doubt any of them could ever be any of these things, but I know nothing about these harlots except they are part of the shittiest sounding sorority I have ever heard.

Finally, getting "primas" (cringe) to join our "tribe" (cringe even harder). Because it must be tribe, cause all brown people are part of a tribe. I hate how these faggots lump all "brown" people into huge group. I'd love to see all the white people leave earth and see just how long it takes for all the brown people to start killing each other.

I know that this comic has a plethora of shitty panels. The panel where America says that light is the absence of color, when the exact opposite is true, showing, not only the incompetence of the writer, but every single person even slightly associated with this book. Then you have "holy menstration". And let's not forget the the unending parade of auto-fellation that is the first page. My money, however, goes to this panel as the most annoying, self congregelating, wankery that has ever been put to print in the long, sad history of ideologically driven comics. The sooner either Marvel changes it's ways or burns to the ground, the better.

They're hairstyles. Blow-out is just what you call it when you blow volume into your hair with hairdryers, doobie wraps and baby twists are pic related. Black girl shit.

Thanks for the info user, my rage increases.

Such raw anger. I love it. You have every right to be confused and angry about this garbage. To think this is what Marvel has become is saddening.

The scholarships she receives for being a minority.

Polite sage for not being Holla Forums related.

Hipster money is still money.

It would be…. if these people actually bought any of this shit.

In Marvel's mind, hashtag warriors actually buying this shit is secondary to convincing comic shops that hashtag warriors will buy this shit. America already has it's costs covered by the more popular titles, so however many units they sell is profit. By suckering more stores into carrying more copies, out of the vain hope for a stronger cash-flow, they get more money.

Since this is a #1, you can bet shops are going to buy a fuckton of copies, and once Marvel gets that money, they could give fuck-all if it actually sells.

Numerous retailers and some of the biggest, most successful, longest running comic stores in the country and openly and frequently stating that tons of Marvel's shit is not selling at all

They can't fool themselves or believe that there are more sales happening because the hard data does not confirm it.

Just a little more time until shit pops

Come on now…. that's like when they say he wanted to genocide all non blonde blue-eyed people.

What is Sam hell did prodigy do!? He's not a mutant and even if he was the simulation negates all powers. So why is he levitating and glowing and repairing the ice?! Did he just say the magic words and the simulation is resetting?! And what the hell was he saying anyway, it was just a bunch of gibberish?!

That was what everyone in America believed. Unlike now, where Nazism and similar thinkings aren't so readily hated, it was pushed constantly by the government that both facism and communism were evil, so the media reflected that.

Clearly this comic is made by intellectuals, for intellectuals. You're just unenlightened and don't get the symbolism behind what's happening on every page.
:^)

I think the poorly conveyed idea is supposed to be that they are simulated a specific thing that happened to a particular person, and the only way to beat the simulation is to know what the person did and take their place in the reenactment.
So, y'know, they basically ripped off any given holodeck episode of star trek.

This is unadulterated, bean flicking, tampon inserting, dyke baiting, free bleeding horse shit. This isnt comics. This is visual slam poetry.

This is why the big 2 dont get my money in any way.

The movies

Rivera and Quinones are talented artists. This work is rushed and below par for them and I'd kinda like to know what the situation was behind the scenes that led to that.

Maybe they just didn't give a shit and wanted a paycheck?

The hard data does confirm it.

That's just bullshit. White is made due to reflection of all light waves from the object. He's like appearance of all colors in one place. Black would be fit more as "the absence of color".

It's white light, which is created by combining all colors of light.

White is only the absence of color if you're talking about printing.

She's named "America" because they want to recreate America where it wasn't built and made prosperous by white males. They want to erase the existence of the achievements of white males, because that's how you steal their achievements for yourself, and pretend that they were made for you and belong to you all along.

They want to pretend that brown women are in any way significant to the success of America. Get 'em while they're young, brainwash the kids into your ideology while they're unable to question it, so you can create a generation of leftists who hate whites and especially white males.

All this will do is give legitimacy to actual white supremacists and nationalists who think that all other races are trying to destroy them. They can point and this and say "see, we're right." And they will create new waves of white supremacists who will be more factually correct, because they not only have evidence of trying to be destroyed by this Frankfurt school stuff, but they will also have evidence that white males are responsible for the USA's prosperity and freedom.

The left doesn't understand its motives or its outcomes. It's just acting on its emotions.

I have a question about the whole "Pure White Energy" thing. I know that a lot of anons have put forth that light not the absence, but presence of all colors, but isn't that only with regards to light energy? They do state that the being is made of white ENERGY not white LIGHT, so it might be some fictitious energy, and our refutation of it may not be entirely accurate. thoughts?

Fucking how dare you remind me of kieron faggen
That fucking homo ruined like 19 characters in
Everyone who works at marvel is worthless faggot libshit but he is by far the most 'dude indie music and nightclubs and ear gauges and stuff lol' hipster

It's not based on sales per title. Marvel puts out a higher number of titles (which cost money to make) that all sell medicore at best. DC puts out a few that all sell OK.

Also that's sales to retailers overall.

Reminder that Marvel selected Rivera only because of cultural appropriation (gay spic author writes about gay spic superhero).

Also, reminder that the rest of this America Chavez shit is going to revolve around her going to college repeatedly in different places/worlds/time periods/whatever, since Rivera openly admitted this is her wish fulfilment project.

>She's the capicu.
What did she mean by this?

Apparently it's some spic domino thing.

I meant Paulo Rivera, not Gabby Rivera.

Marvel had the highest selling comic last month, Star Wars Darth Maul #1, which sold 105,177 units.

You're losing me here, pal. Everything you just said either has nothing to do with anything or has been explained to be a non-issue.

I have to ask, you do know floppy comics operate in a direct market system, right?

Its interesting that Marvel superhero stuff is selling poorly while their star wars stuff is selling well.

opps did not mean to reply

It's possible in any time. If you can put a pen to paper, you can avoid writing down "and then the PoC non-binary pansexual polykin…"

Teenage girls still listen to MCR and Fallout Boy because there's been nothing to replace them and they're still making music.

Sad, isn't? Music stopped evolving in 2008.

MCR broke up like over a year ago. Fallout Boy is fair though.

Did you know Panic at the Disco is just one fucking guy?

It's not even a real band. It's literally one guy.

I figured as much.

It used to be two guys, but the one guy quit. So the lead singer was all like "fuck it, I'll just be a band."

It's like "Panic at the Disco" is his pseudonym now.

That's gay.

Just finished reading Chavez's powers.

Is it just me or does this read like "One Punch man", but without the satire.

What did you expect? Of course a queer woman of color would ABSOLUTELY HAVE to possess every power available to make sure she's invincible.

It's a wonder with all these powers that anyone died at all in Civil War 2

I'd been thinking that too when I first heard about her. What the fuck is the point of having a superhero that's not just a parody, that can fucking destroy an enemy in a single punch?
This is what happens when you let someone who doesn't know about or like superhero comics, write a superhero comic.

I havent paid for a movie ticket in 7 years

The sad thing is you can actually create something decent with this concept if they take out all the other powers and just leave her with the "open holes in reality" power. It could work if it's similar to Yugo's power.

A lot of these new characters do have some amount of potential, they just fucking ruin it.
America's superhero name should more be something like 'Americana' and her superhero power should just be opening holes in reality. And she needs to stop being obsessed with punching things, or, if she does, it needs to have problems that come with it. Like, it'd be nice if her punching Hitler actually caused a massive change in the universe and she had to realize that she can't just go fucking around in the past just because she wants to.

Moongirl's another example. If they focused on her being a bratty girl who thinks she's smarter than she is rather than just pretending like she's literally the smartest character in Marvel (without actually proving it), she could be interesting. Keep her small-time and have her always just doing little kid shit. Keep the Killer Folk as her main enemies. It could be entertaining.

The problem is that these people don't know how to write, and usually just write obnoxious self-insert Mary Sues because that's how they view Stronk Women.

Or you could just go the Dexter's Lab/Jimmy Neutron where she's bratty and also has horrible judgement/foresight and ends up creating huge messes herself.

That too. But I think, given her universe, they really just have to admit she's not the smartest Marvel character. It doesn't even make sense for her to be.
She's supposed to be a genius, but colleges keep rejecting her and she hasn't skipped any grades. She talked back to her teacher by telling her 'evolution isn't a theory' and acts like such a know-it-all despite the fact it's clear the writer doesn't know that much and has no business writing a genius character.

Ideally she meets up with real geniuses like Tony Stark and comes to terms with the fact she's not actually as smart as they are, but they give her the means to develop her mind and maybe work as an inventor at Stark Industries. These writers are trying to go hard too quick, when the characters need to build up to becoming the best.

So basically she'll never be in a situation where she'll have to rely on her wits instead of her powers, she'll never be outmatched, she'll never face any negative consequences for her actions and she'll never be backed into a corner.

The term "Mary Sue" is abused like an unloved stepchild in a heroin addict's basement, but it fits here so snuggly and comfortably, like a child rescued from an abusive heroin addict's basement.

Basically she's a fucking Mary Sue in every sense of the word.

Yeah, see, here's the problem. Moongirl does struggle, she does have problems - but they're always someone else's fault. She can't get into any college because the people who run them are uptight fatcats, she can't skip any grades because the teachers are jerks, etc.

Imagine if in Star Wars, Luke didn't get to join the rebellion because some stuffy bureaucrat kept rejecting him because he was racist against moisture farmers or some shit.

There's something interesting there, too, but they just don't do anything with it! It is a common complaint from 'gifted' students that things move too slowly for them, and they end up bored. Parents and teachers are inattentive and don't accommodate their needs. This could be a problem Moongirl has. She already hints that this is an issue, but rather focusing on her wishing that she could do more with her mind, they turn it into a whole 'HURR DURR NO 1 UNDERSTANDS ME );' thing. It's obnoxious.

If they want to keep her in the grade she's in, then maybe she decides she doesn't even want to bother with keeping up and ends up constantly skipping school, not doing homework, and flunking essays, just because she's so incredibly disinterested. They could have PTA meetings where teachers say she doesn't 'apply' herself. Put the focus on her as a character, rather than putting the blame entirely on everyone else.

Then it will be a great development for her character when she meets other superheroes who are geniuses, who see their young selves in her and harness her talents in ways she doesn't get through normal schooling. And that can be how she becomes a superhero. It could also be how she gets knocked down a peg and realizes she's not as great as she thinks she is, when she ends up in a real superhero situation and basically has a panic attack from things not going how she thought they would.

America punching Hitler in the face will actually cause a shift in the time-space continuum, its just that it will make her more powerful and, therefore, less accountable and even more of a Mary-Sue, if you can believe it. I don't know where you go after literally punching a being of pure light, but I know Rivera will pull something out of her overweight ass.

There's like 4 teen girls in Marvel that are smarter than Reed Richards now. Give me a break.

Good evening Anons, this is comin' attcha like Cleopatra.

It felt really good to get this whole rant out of my system, but it also makes me want to do it more. So Im going to be doing a rant like this for every page of this comic if I can and hopefully reach some form of catharsis. I may have to do multiple posts and there may be gaps between them, as I am currently borrowing the computer I'm using, but I'll do it as fast as I can.

First, we start out with the infamous first page, found at .

the "Real" hawkeye (Read: we are so desperate to push this bitch no one cares about that we will not only take the title from the original Hawkeye, but we will passivly- aggressively tell you she is better than him and did we mention she's a girl). Sputters some words together that "Seem" to relate to Chavez (I refuse to address her after the country I live in, as it demeans the name). A shallow character gives us a shallow description of another shallow character, next.

if you thought they couldn't get anymore shallow, you haven't read Marvel comics. These two basic bitches call America better than the Cure and My Chemical Romance. They must not hold America in very high regard because those bands are dated as fuck and no one cared about them after they graduated from middle school. Also that green haired dyke is ugly as sin. At least the one on the right would be good for a quick pump and dump. Seriously, Dyke looks like she has some kind of mental deficiently and her hair is a really ugly style.

Go away Miles. No one likes you or cares about you or any thing you have to say.

Black cat is the only one who one can considerably like in this page. I wish I was as luck as her to not have heard of Chavez. But alas, here I am.

God Loki, you look fucking awful. you look like you live in a trash can. Also, fuck Loki. Why in the hell do you get to stay around and keep your god powers while Thor slums in in god knows where until he gets his balls back up and takes Mjolnir back.

Some bitch I don't know. Also I am unfamiliar with what Capicu means, but I doubt its anything other than a compliment. another one to go over the wall.

Oh god, this fucking Panel. So Rivera, the Fat, uninspired waste of melinated skin that she is, decides to add a cameo of herself in this comic. and not in any funny or interesting way, just to give Chavez another undue compliment. I know I said that the sorority page was my least favorite, but this panel also makes my blood boil and I start to see red whenever I read it.

Anyway, she states that Chavez is our future. If she's the future, I think I'd rather shoot myself in the head. This whole panel just comes off as self congratulating and masterbatory and adds nothing to Chavez as a character. In fact I think this panel just makes me hate Chavez even more.

Why must they bring storm down to this level. She is literally one of the best characters Marvel has and I hate to see them do this to her. She deserves so much better. Good night, sweet queen, and may angels sing thee to thy rest.

Funny how you call them "Mi Gente" (my people). as I recall from your profile on wikipedia, you ran away from your home dimension to play superhero after your moms died.

1/21

I know I should not be surprised but come on.

How are people so retarded and devoid of creativity?

When this was first announced some user suggested that a new "What if.." starring this cunt would have been a better use of her in a solo series, given her abilities to jump into different universes. It's such a simple and good idea, but Marvel opted for beaner dyke power fantasy.

I wasn't aware. I think when most people hear the name, they probably think of America Ferrera.

Though I agree it's stupid to have her Superhero name be her actual name. I said before, I think Americana would probably have been a better choice if they REALLY wanna push the America thing.

I'm getting really sick of this niglet shit showing up in every asscrack of the Marvel universe because they think he has the Midas touch.

Americus is apparently the Latin version of Amerigo, an Italian name, and consequently, the name of the Italian explorer who was integral in establishing that the New World was its own supercontinent, which they named The Americas in Amerigo's honor, and not just the eastern coast of Asia

He wasn't a explorer though, just some geographer, he never went to America IIRC

Amerigo Vespucci went on several voyages where they explored the coast of South America, mostly.

MCR is done. Lead singer is now writing Doom Patrol and Cave Carson for DC. Before that he wrote Umbrella Academy for Dark Horse and is supposedly working on it again.

Star Wars fanboys will buy literally anything as long as it has a Star Wars logo on it.

Next we'll be talking about Chavez saving this little girl here
. The actual pose Chavez takes isn't offensively bad. Like with all the action in this series, however, it is also nothing special. "Drawing the Marvel Way" states that one needs to exaggerate poses, especially action poses, to keep your audiences attention.

Chavez's pose seems to have the right Idea, America herself seems to have a decent pose. However, twisting her body more, moving her back arm further back and splaying the legs may help. The biggest problem, however, is the rock. It feels like there is no weight behind it, as it just looks like it shatters just before it hits Chavez. This could have been amolierated if the rock was actually being crushed in the shape of her arm.

The backgrounds are nothing special the running poses of the background characters are even more low energy than Chavez's the buildings just become shapes the further back you go and the color choices could have worked better if the line art didn't constantly fuck up.

But the biggest issue in this page is the fact that you have 2 besties taking a selfie in the middle of a dangerous battle. Just put the gun to my head and pull the trigger already God. If this is the Utopia dimension, then there is no hope left in this decaying universe.

this only goes to show the shallowness and vapidity of the lead writer. You can really see how she use to be involved with Young Adult novels, which are the cancer that is killing writing.

2/21

Yo, I remember that shit! From what I've seen the guy is actually really good at writing comic books. Probably because he was mentored by Grant Morrison.

I just realized Big Hero 6 did something like this exact plotline and did it fairly well in comparison to Moongirl.

such a strong pose, Chavez. time to stick it to those icky White Males.

So apperantly, Chavez is done being a hero. Aren't you glad you left your home for this? Aren't you glad you left from a literal Utopia (apparently) to go and play hero. But it was just so boring man, so now, ya know, Chavez has decided to do the one thing more exciting than being a superhero and saving the day…GO TO SCHOOL!!!

I love how Rivera basically uses this comic to dump her insecurities on to the public. She has discussed how this whole series is going to basically be a wish fulfillment fantasy about going to college for a queer brown woman.

And nothing of any real substance either really. No boring Science or engineering classes. Just really kewl classes like "Intergalactic Revolutionaries & You."

Seriously, what is with SJW writers and taking a subject for a book that could be interesting, then fucking up spectacularly.

for decades after the wars with Napoleon, the English kept saying that he breathed fucking fire.
It's natural for the plebs to think this way.

I remember that book, and I remember that line from the book. Then I remember throwing it in the trash.

Because they're spectacularly boring fuck ups. SJWs lost the part of themselves that knew how to have fun a long time ago, if they ever had it. This Rivera pig is probably in her 30's and is such an empty narcissistic husk of a person that her ideal fantasy is escaping the mean adult world and going back to college. But instead of a normal college which might have the white devil, it's the safest of safe spaces college for coloreds. Who needs superhero fun when you can hear about how the Queermotrons of Earth-812 killed off all the Mansplainers with their tampons?

The thing that gets me is that this all-powerful bean-flavoured fruitcake has the means to do an extraordinary amount of good for so many people…and she decides not to help at all and instead go have a siesta in college. Do people just not ever die in Marvel or crime does not occur without superheroes? Because how fucking selfish is this bitch to be schooling shit up while all these people she could save die as she does nothing?

Oh yes, yes they do.
How do you think all these new Affirmative Action characters took the place of existing characters? They've killed them off.

Death is okay, as long as you're killing evil, oppressive cis straight white men.

Will continue to critique every single page, or are we free of his madness?

Has this America person actually done anything amazing to justify Storm and Loki and Mexican Spider-Man all being so impressed by her, or are they all just saying she's great for no fucking reason when they are literally rubbing shoulders every day with gods, living legends, geniuses, and people who save the world on a regular basis?

It's writing 101, user. "Tell, don't Show." It is also especially effect when you use establishing, popular characters to prop up your OC. As if you were writing a bad fanfic.

NO WAY user, MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

PAGE 4 BITCHES!!!

A place that is ostensibly a Utopia being attacked by a powerful foe does seem intresting, but the defenders will make sure to nip that in the bud right quick.

Yeah we kind of get it's not human Spectrum, once again you do nothing to move the plot forward. Also on the topic of writing, Rivera I know you have no idea how science works, but can you please at least try to add a little more to you're explanation. It's almost like you're being intentionally vague with the description.

What does that even mean? Look Chavez, I know you want to help the kid, but by wasting you time looking for her family, you inverably let others die. A thinking human would have dropped the kid off at the first place that was safe, but as well all know, Chavez doesn't need to think.

I can't really be too mad at the last 3 panels, other than the typical art failure. Also, the moms hair looks retarded.

Woah man get out of this guy's way he's like so angry and ready to tear this comic a new one it's a good thing he's leading me through it so i can laugh at his funny quips for every single panel

I hope he keeps it up, he's pretty funny.

I always expected America Chavez to be annoying because her universe was literal fanfiction created by Billy Kaplan, the gay Marty Stu reincarnation of Wanda's kids who can't go a whole book without bringing up how gay he is for his Skrull-Kree hybrid boytoy (honestly having a Skrull gay-boyfriend is a copout since they're all shapeshifters and gender/sex means nothing to them other than power over someone). I know it sounds ranty but honestly read Billy Kaplan and his boyfriend's backstory and correlate that with Billy's personality, his "mother", and his powers.

While he was a minor villain for Spider-Man I think the Spot or an alien creature like the Spot could actually become a good villain for her. She can't teleport away from it because it can teleport too, she can't star punch it because maybe it pulls on the same energies she uses to teleport, and in the end it could be revealed that it's a force of nature chasing her because she keeps messing with the space/time continuum and creating problems bigger than the rifts (in Civil War II she even admitted to Kate that she's just a dimensional tourist and she only kept coming back to Earth-616 because it was interesting and made her feel good).

When I first heard that I thought they were talking about Tommy Sotomayor.

So where did his drummer and other guitarists come from if its just one guy?

You realize they made her a Kingpin wannabe rather than a cat burglar why would you like that?

Dude I think Marvel stopped caring about secret identities a long time ago.

So that explains why he was in some MCR music videos.

Why people lack any self awareness when they try to look 'bad ass' by wearing stupid costumes without the looks to make it look great? For fuck's sake, Redlettermedia managed to make an old man menacing by showing actual terrifying 'realistic' actions instead of nerd bullshit.

They cucked her too much and her lack of cock made her go crazy.

It's a classic case of trying too hard combined with learning human interaction from children's cartoons rather than real life.

Carol Danvers used to use the name Binary and she had energy absorption powers.