Elric of Melnibone

WTF I hate Warhammer now.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/0Zh8l#selection-1413.0-1413.196
revolutionsf.com/article.php?id=953
flag.blackened.net/liberty/moorcock.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

stay gay then

The point is that Games Workshop ripped a bunch of tabletop IPs they were making figures for off.
Michael Moorcock (lol) is a pretty cool guy. I don't understand why he never sued Games Workshop or the poles behind The Witcher though. They blatantly ripped him off.
Does he enjoy having his intellectual property being the unspoken well of "inspiration" for other Fantasy worlds? GRR Martin ripped him off too when he created the Valyrians. Everybody is ripping this fucking dude off. Seems threadworthy. Nobody ever seems to talk about it.

Also Moorcock's version of Chaos is aesthetically pleasing, badass and non-degenerate.
Games Workshop on the other hand…absolutely disgusting, grotesque for the sake of it, gay as hell, need I go on? I mean just look at it.
Compare that to Arioch or any of Moorcock's other Chaos Lords/servants.
It's fucking stupid.

Compared to MM's Chaos realm, GW's "warp" comes off as cheap and tasteless.
It's like comparing the original version of a horror movie to the updated 1980s ultra violent ultra-gory semi-serious remake, and don't get me wrong, I loved John Carpenter's The Thing.
But it is what it is.

You read one infographic about Der Juden. Now you're an art authority.

Not Holla Forums, but the Elric books are…fine. They're different. But I haven't read anything killer.

i always assumed that he didnt sue them because he wasnt huge faggot

That might really be it. He influenced comics, too. Grant Morrison namechecks him in The Invisibles.

Is it honorable to let your ideas be pilfered and forgotten within their original context or is it something else?

No he's not. He is kind of an asshole and a proto-SJW. Moorcock is obsessed with shitting on Tolkien and other high fantasy authors, especially those who are religious or dare having views that are not left wing. At the same time he gives pass to worse writers (Rowling being the best example) just because he shares political views with them. In Moorcock's mind, works of fiction should address political and social issues and injustices and should not be purely for entertainment.

He didn't have a case. His own lawyers said so and he decided to back off from the lawsuit against CDPR, because similarities were only superficial. Whole thing was started because his fanboys on multiverse forum egged him on. Moorcock told them to shut it after he looked into Witcher further.

For what? Concept of Order vs Chaos? It is a common theme in many ancient religions and myths. And circle with 8 cardinal directions has been around just as long.

He doesn't mind it unless he is being blatantly ripped off. That's Moorcock's quote:

Are you one of his crazy fanboys who think that everything from The Dark Tower to How to Train Your Dragon is stolen from Moorcock? It is pretty rich coming from fans of an author who himself has admitted to not being very original and lifting ideas wholesale from myths. People rip him off in the same way that they are ripping off Tolkien, Bible, Gligamesh, and Shakespeare.

You sure about that? He doesn't seem very left wing, especially with the way he wrote Elric in the first book. He spared his treacherous cousin who meant to usurp him because he believed in the importance of race. A libshit wouldn't write like that.
And there's this.
If he's not teetering on the right, he's definitely flirting with verboten material when it comes to the people you claim he's friendly with.

I remember a post on /tg/ where someone posted at excerpt of him saying the Gor novels should bepulled from the shelves. His kikepdeia page even mentions it:

Also, I have seen it said that his non-elric work have strawmen, and rants about political groups he disliked.

There's a radio documentary about Sexton Blake in which he says some of the stories are "unreadable" solely because of racism, when actually pretty much any SB story written from about 1915 to 1933 is pulp excellence.
The fact Sexton Blake fought a classy, amoral, albino villain with possible royal ancestry should probably not be overlooked, either.

Still, writing a parody called Elroy of Melaninborn, about a wandering thief who wuz once a KANG, might cause some amusing triggering.

Did he say anything about Trump?
What kind of shit does he do in the current year?
I know he's old but age never slowed no commie down.

WTF I hate CD Project Red now.
God Fucking Speed!

He didn't comment on Trump as far as I know. However, he was one of Andrea Dworkin's best friends. He also praised her writings and defended her against critics. Here is one article where both he and Dworkin talk about how they met:
archive.is/0Zh8l#selection-1413.0-1413.196
Few amusing quotes from Moorcock:

Sounds like Elric is Morecock's outlet for getting his inner Aryan out.
Melnibone is an obviously bastardized version of an Aryan ethnostate too.

The documentary is from 2010 or so, so no comments on Trump (it's also hosted by that Cornish wanker who was in everything geek related in British media at the time). He is friends with premier Sexton Blakr collector Mark Hodder, though. I check in on that guy now and then, (mainly to see when another new SB book might come out, they published one about 3 years ago, claiming it was the start of a new series. Moorcock was slated to write the second one) he's as salty about Trump now as he was on election day.

LOL

Isn't Elric a drow elf?

He also bitched about Lovecraft. He was the sort of cancer we now are dealing with before we had a name for it.

SHIIIIIIET! Do it.

You do realise how long ago he wrote the Elric books don't you ?

Try reading some of his newer shit (and it is shit, pretty much unreadable), He had Elric time travelling to kill Nazi's.

Fucking retarded.

what exactly witcher stole?

He had the concept of the "Eternal Champion" in his multiverse concept, and the first thing that rang up on his mind is "Elric go punch Nazis!"

You see, Hitler

Razorfist made a couple of long-ass vids whining about that, such a hateboner for the Witcher "stealing" shit that he made a stream playing a Elric modded character in Skyrim discussing how to get the best Elric of Melnibone game, and the first developers he shoved out of his mouth was Bethesda and Bioware.

HAH. Good luck trying to get anything edgy being made out of Elric from Bioware. Their most recent game are shit enough as it is, and the company likely won't survive it.

I like both characters and I am baffled he hates on the Witcher more. As I said in the previous thread we had about the guy, he is just salty that a obscure book managed to get an adaptation from a studio that didn't even knew how to make games, became so popular that nowadays, Geralt is to poles what Captain America is to burgers.

Is that a mod? No way this is an actual bug…

Lol the amount of bugs, and outright programming issues I've had in this game is ridiculous. Easily some of the worst I've ever had.

No, it actually is user. The game is fucking riddled with bugs. It's 43 gigs of shit.

No, you're probably thinking of Malus Darkblade

Bioware is dead that and there's isn't that much interest. And Michael Moorcock's one chance to start in the video game industry during the 90s by writing a script of a RPG game with Origins System was quashed by EA when they got bought out.

It's like Starcraft getting to become a billion dollar franchise in the video game industry than Warhammer, there are still salty Warhammer 40K purists who cries about that.

Or Drizzt Do'Urden, now we need a flowchart from since the dawn of recorded history to show who stole from who.

Daily reminder, just be glad Michael Morecucks is a bit of an asshole on selling the rights of his works to media adaptations, even though he's an unoriginal filthy hack who was a bit of a fucking degenerate hippie in the 60s, just be glad you won't see a Pedowood adaptation of Elric.

Melniboners are a twisted form of Aryan

They are degenerate and decadent though and said to be dying.

Is Michael Moorcock worse or better than Alan Moore?

Malus Darkblade has more in common with Elric than Drizzt since he is a evil elf possessed by a demonic sword.

Elric is the character model that many characters are allegedly based on like Geralt, Alucard or just about any white-haired, magic-wielding swordsman written after the 60s.

You could probably say Conan counts as Elric's predecessor in the sense he was created to be his complete antithesis. but the character that was closest in characterization to him was Túrin Turambar, a Tolkien character who is basically the tragic hero where everything goes wrong.

And Túrin himself was inspired by Kullervo, a hero from Finnish mythology.

Damn, this is interesting.
It's great to find the OG inspiration for any theme/trope//character archetype/setting and this one is especially cool.

Does he support anarchism, eat SocJus dick, and says Islam dindunuffin even though his works would still be in the fire? truth be told, I put him as more "pure" in perspective in his works not being sullied by political bullshit or modern adaptations that just suck, but he's still an asshole like Alan Moore.

Heh, don't point this out, he'll get pissy if you point out that he kinda stole ideas from Tolkien.

How fucking old is Conan the Barbarian?

1930s pulp fantasy

What a fucking faggot. Just one more reason to point it out more often.

And you'd think with age, people would get humbler, wiser, and more chill, he seems to still have that ego from years ago.

It's also important to note that Moorcock hates Winnie the Pooh.

they are elves , did you expect any different?

I still am. Less about the fact that Cuckcraft lifted a ton of 40K's aesthetics wholesale, and more related to the billion dollar IP's sequel being a terrible fanfic where Raynor mysteriously forgives Kerrigan's actions, she goes on to become fucking GOD, and Protoss have magical dreadlocks.

Moorecock's a funny old bird, he encouraged other writers to create more stories for Jerry Cornelius, the modern reincarnation of Elric as a rock musician/astrophysicist/assassin, but reportedly he got pissy when a young Grant Morrison created his Jerry expie Gideon Stargrave, who would eventually evolve into King Mob.

lol wut

Its not like the Witcher turned into a souless cashcow like Starcraft, and at least managed to form its own identity, while the Starcraft storyline is shitting itself all over the place.

Moorcock has a massive hate boner towards Tolkien (even calling him a fascist) and epic fantasy in general. He even wrote a five page essay that talks how stories should not be about pure escapism. It's called Epic Pooh and Moorcock revises it from time to time. It's worth noting that he criticizes "whimical" tone and fairy tale qualities of Lewis, Tolkien, and other authors, but he gives a pass to J. R. R. Rowhling and Prachett who do the same thing.
revolutionsf.com/article.php?id=953
Other essay that tackles related matters but in science fiction is Starship Stormtroopers:
flag.blackened.net/liberty/moorcock.html

Long story short, Moorecock didn't like the state of fantasy and science fiction before 70s. He wanted stories to confront readers with real life issues, instead being purely for entertainment. And here we are now, where everything is political. Moorecock is no different than hipsters, feminists, and SJWs plaguing entertainment industry of today.

Alan Moore hands down. He is better writer, and unlike Moorcock he was not one of the people that turned fantasy and science fiction into social justice and feminism mouthpieces. Moore's fan base is also nowhere near as annoying as Moorecock's.

Yes.

Yes. He even did that before it was mainstream

He didn't say anything as far as I know. He is a Jew atheist, and they tend to hate all religions but give a pass to Islam.

Absolutely cancerous.
Never mind "political" is pure escapism for scumfucks like him and Rowling. I can't wait for him to drop dead and celebrate… Its more than he deserves, since he should be forgotten in obscurity like the fucking edgelord he created.

…Why?

Moorcock definitely ripped off Turin Tunambar when writing Elric of Melniboné.

wew