TERA online has a html injection vulnerability

youtube.com/watch?v=a4Dt-G6BEi4

TL,DR: the game parses HTML you put on any chat message, including javascript you put in said html.

This is their own fault.

lmao

ayy lmao

Let me guess, they needed some text styling in the chat, and instead of spending a couple hours writing a custom parser like a real programmer, they instead loaded and entire browser context onto it.

Aren't you just glad pajeets are doing our software development now.

We all know what the real cause is

But Tera is a Korean game.

Asians can by definition not be good at programming because it requires critical thinking. Something that is not encouraged in asian countries.

Were you practicing critical thinking when you were told that asian people don't practice critical thinking? ;)

I've come to the same conclusion.
Asian developers sure are diligent, but they don't have the heart that makes a diligent programmer into a good software developer.

no one told me about that, it's simply an observation ;)

is it free to play? Time to fire up the old javascript cryptocoin miner

no
every website and their mom has injection vulns

I am not a fan of that dude, but it was the best info I could get on it. Gaymemers are not exactly technologically literate.

*blocks your path*

why if its not a browser game?

No wonder why disabling the interface in-game bumps the fps a little. The UI must be bloated as fuck. By the way, this game is 50+ fucking GBytes just so you know. Well, ok tera has INSANELY HUGE open world maps but still... the game is years old and still lags on decent cards (just like PUBG).

They're just defective. Even women would have figured out how to make a proper PC port by now.

The guy in the second pic is actually a Brazilian

No one bothered to webm/mp4 it?

*steps aside*

There are MMOs which outsource their entire UI to external malware like flash. I know for sure that Wildstar and the Secret World do this thing, with TSW being the worse offender here, since it also features an in-game internet browser which is so bloated it freezes the game for a few seconds. It's not only the gook programmers being so grossly incompetent.