Now that Republicans have a majority in both house and senate...

Now that Republicans have a majority in both house and senate, what if we call en-mass on the 14th (when congress gets back) telling them to introduce a bill to repeal the NFA?

We should start slow, with 922r and silencers first. More palatable to normies than many explosives being legal

Repealing the useless part of the ATF that hunts law-abiding Americans would also be pretty neato too. I for one want to be able to build an AK out of a shovel legally as well as a french style palm protector.

We don't mention explosives so they can be "bargained" away at the negotiating table. It's better than starting with them off the table.

Donald Jr. is aware of the NFA issue and I think there will be movement against it in a Trump administration.

Even better. We can tell them Trump Jr. is a big fan of the idea and it looks a lot more serious.

It's possible.

I particularly like

but it is legal to build your own firearms.

SCOTUS
Trump will be picking 1 or more justices.
If he picks strong guys then a lawsuit can overturn most of the unconstitutional gun laws AND actually take a case on the 14th.

(((They))) know its only for granting citizenship to free'ed slaves and their children. Its being miss-used to give citizenship to anyone born here.
If someone brings up a lawsuit and the Trump SCOTUS hears it then this can be fixed.

Opening up the Constitution to make changes to it is much harder and may have unintended consequences.

You already can, butthole. Have you not heard of 80% lowers for ARs? AK blank receiver kits? 80% 1911 kits?

Making your own firearm is perfectly legal, and lots of people do it because it eliminates government paperwork and tracking.

you have to be properly licensed, and there are limitations. kind of like saying it's legal to drive, and then not specifying there are actually different license classes for driving different vehicles…

This except the limitations are even more annoying, needless and obtrusive. For starters making your own full auto is illegal in most states, if not all.

Forgot to mention that a palm protector is illegal in the vast majority of states due to it being the size of your palm and easily concealable.

Where does the shit that banned import of many slavshit firearms fit? Isn't that executive action?

I want that shit lifted.

Actually you don't need a License IFF you don't sell the guns you make.

It's called "Personal Use".

The firearms you make still have to comply with federal / state law

But basically, yea, you can build your own guns.

This is how alot of Californians can own an "AK"!

They do "build parties" where you get a receiver flat and a parts kit, then you assemble it yourself. Of course in California you cant have a pistol grip, so your stock needs to be straight, and you need a Bullet Button for the magazine release.

But that is one COMPLETELY LEGAL way to own an AK in California.

Don't worry about that user, slav companies just change their names or ad a prefix to their rifles.

You know, the stuff that Canada can have but we can't. Any many other examples

I'm excited. I hope to see prices stabilize on many things (although it will take months even after inaugeration and also depends upon whether or not can/does stop high-intensity media fabrications about firearms)

You only need an FFL to sell or transfer them. If you are making them for personal use, and never sell them or give them to anyone else, its perfectly legal.

Also those M1 Garands that got caught up due to Obama (if possible)

That would be great

meme it

it is CY+1 after all. no sense in having such outdated laws

Could we push this as "modernizing background checks" (as until we get the GCA they go through NICS, which is modern compared to the 1934 era process)?