Started writing a book on software development

Started out today, wrote a preface and started chapter 1.
lynxhub.com/.static/ThoughtsOnSoftwareDevelopment/00-preface.html
Source at gitgud.io/stephenlynx/ThoughtsOnSoftwareDevelopment

Pic VERY related.

Other urls found in this thread:

lynxhub.com/.static/ThoughtsOnSoftwareDevelopment/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Okay.

Can you please write a chapter about Rust?

Shouldn't that be >why does software exist?

< Beginning a sentence with so.
Dropped

Probably. My english is not the best thing in the world ever.

Of course, how could I not when I intend to talk about degeneracy in such depth?

Bookmarked. There is not a lot of content. Hopefully you wont give up like 99% of people do on such things.

Degeneracy? What does Rust have to do with that?

Yeah, I literally just started out. I intend on giving updates on more sizeable chunks from now on.

It was born from degenerate principles. I will talk about it.

Well well well, if it isn't StephenLynx, the young inexperienced lone JS "programmer" trying to teach everyone how they should do software development!

is this some sort of ruse? because you aren't not qualified to talk about this

Why do you say that both Java and JS are bad, but say the negatives for JS are from bad programmers when the same could have been said about Java.

I wasn`t talking about js specifically.

I didn`t say any of them was bad either.

this is truly the best part of this field

okay

Nigga, did you just de-user yourself

I have de-anoned me a long, long time ago.

myself*

Hello lain.

lynxhub.com/.static/ThoughtsOnSoftwareDevelopment/index.html
First update.
Expanded preface and chapter 1.
Added chapter 2.
Next chapter: Method.

Take a writing class in community college or whatever first
Or, and this might be the better option, kys

TL;DR an excuse for the shitty code quality of your vichan rewrite

Nice low hanging fruit. Your 'joke' is outdated. Everybody and their cat knows about Java's antipatterns. You're not bringing anything new to the table.
Why are you trying to shoot yourself in the foot?

Chapter 2: electric shitaloo

Great start.
I won't even bother bisecting the rest of chapter 2 because it just goes off on a tangent about how corporations are evil.

I lied, here's a hilarious snippet:
The author is describing his own life here.

Nice selective reading, fgt.

VERDICT

Overall, it's badly structured, every chapter goes of on a tangent about unrelated shit, and much of the content is shitty opinions.
Verdict: HUEMONKEY TIER

I also wrote that bad communities != bad tools, you are really keen on that selective reading.

Is not hard, is bad.

Then just don't use the bad parts.

How fucking massive must your ego be to write a book on software development when you couldn't even code a proper website simpler than a Pet Shop template after several years of trying. Fucking christ, I'd tell you to kill yourself but it's probably not possible to get the gun pointed at that huge head of yours without help.

But LynxChan is a good piece if software, what are you talking about

Are you high? The backend is the most hacked piece of shit I've ever seen, the "addons" do nothing but monkeypatch functions, the templating system loads an entire Javascript DOM every time a page is being built, and it uses a hard cache on GridFS just like Vichan. It's just a hacked together Vichan rewrite in Node, there's no sparkling feature on it other than using MemegoDB and MemeFS because "muh sharding media files" (which you can also achieve by any networked filesystem for the past 30+ years).

Maybe Josh could write one

What are your qualifications?

In general, whenever anyone implements shit coding around buzzword libraries and frameworks instead of concepts, it's evidence of someone that doesn't know what he is doing.

"Oh, we just use mumbojumbo 2.0, it's a framework in python7 that helps me swizopilate, a term made up for this case and this case specifically which means reorginating™ "layers"™ around oblong™ tasks™, it only weights 400mb! and has 5 dependencies (which have other 600 dependencies if we go really deep), two in c++(that actually do all the code, implemented by someone far smarter than me), 1 in node (which accounts for 90% of the weight but we really needed it because it is inclusive and all our pajeets only knew node) and 1 in CUM™, which is a new safety oriented, hip, cool language depeloped in San™ Francisco™, it was designed for cleaning sewages and managing machinery in high sea oil rigs but those tasks actually require men to do it so they ended using it in starbucks filling machines or something. I never used it but you should since it's safe, do it or kys.

Thanks to all this effort we manage to process our data 1000% faster. Sadly, we lose 999% somewhere, but once we detect the bottleneck that we're not able to find since we don't know how to benchmark we will be faster than everyone else I swear!"

are you looking for investors?