What the Hell is Happening at AMD?

First, the co-designed AMD/Intel SOC and now AMD's top pajeet is leaving. Something's cropping up on the horizon and I think it's scary.

archive.is/qx7en

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/2017.11.08-164226/https://www.extremetech.com/computing/258644-raja-koduri-leader-amds-radeon-technologies-group-left-company
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=nvidia-gtx1070-ti&num=1
anandtech.com/show/12017/intel-to-develop-discrete-gpus-hires-raja-koduri-as-chief-architect
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Please don't post shortlinks user
archive.fo/2017.11.08-164226/https://www.extremetech.com/computing/258644-raja-koduri-leader-amds-radeon-technologies-group-left-company

Noted

How's this a bad thing?

Incoming monopoly. When the fuck is RISC V going to save us from this abstract hell?

No no, I'm talking about the Grand Pajeet leaving.

He knows the real money is in designing crypto-currency miners.

probably a merger

Grand pajeet mans the FCC

Do we jump to Nvidia or submit to Intel? What's left?

lol what
what this means is laptops are going to use AMD Graphics, meaning massive increase to their market share,
Intel is not happy with how the earlier deal with NVIDIA turned out

Infact you could call it disaster,
NVIDIA laptops chips are horrible

The AMD/Intel chip is a bad thing for Intel, not AMD. Intel is replacing all their "high end" mobile GPUs with AMD. Meaning they're done, all those Iris high end graphics, replaced with AMD. It's actually a huge win for AMD considering how many systems are out there with Intel GPUs. If Intel starts using AMD GPUs in all their chips, AMD will have the largest x86 system GPU market share and it will eclipse what Nvidia has.

Kadouri Pajeet was useless, look at how shitty AMD GPUs have been lately. Fury X, aged like shit. 480/580 ok but not great, only good because of the lower price than Nvidia. Vega is a disappointment.

Good riddance to him, he has lead AMD through some really bad years.

Vega outperforms the 1080ti while using open drivers.

One x86 vendor would only shine the spotlight on other architecture vendors.

As it is now, most people don't realize that there are competitors to Intel aside from AMD.

As long as the reverse-compadiblity request from coorprate exists, there is only Intel and AMD. Case and point: Why amd64 killed ia-64.

Beating Nvidia's shitty Linux drivers isn't much to brag about. They've turned into the worst Linux drivers out of AMD, Nvidia, and Intel.

With Fury X and Vega 64 everyone was expecting AMD to be competitive on the high end. Fury X was a big disappointment and Vega 64 is around a GTX 1080.

Why complain? This is the future you chose.

amdrones really live in appletard tier reality distortion field

He jumped ship to intel.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=nvidia-gtx1070-ti&num=1

Goodnight sweetheart. It's time to go.

Yup. anandtech.com/show/12017/intel-to-develop-discrete-gpus-hires-raja-koduri-as-chief-architect

I don't really know why people are flipping the fuck out over the Intel/AMD multi-chip package. Intel and AMD saw an opportunity to make a package that appeals to gamers that allows devices to be sold at a significantly reduced cost do to not needing an Nvidia iGPU. AMD knows most gamers still want Intel chips and Intel knows their GPUs are garbage and most gamers would rather use AMD GPUs. Everyone wins. It's just business.

I didn't choose this and that's why it's scary.

again?

Cam someone translate this from infowars to english?

Is Intel not subject to anti-trust laws at this point?

No, because AMD was just about the only other company filing against them, apart from deadvidia.
I guess all that AMD forum shilling and bitcoin pyramid scheming must have paid off in the end, 'gamer' green LED computers are finished. ubuntu will become mainstream in 2020, but it's proprietary and full of linux blobs

Just wait for Zen2/Navi CPU/GPU/APU.
The end, why such drama over a company who wants to make money because their strategy for the past decade ruined them to ashes?

Nice, just bought 100K. This is now a Robinhood & Crypto General. What are you guys investing in based soley on fundamentals? Accumulating BCH and AMD here.

I'm sorry, did you say you invested 100k in AMD?

Fixed-function pipelines are long dead, liberate us from the lingering curse of this ASIC GPU hell!

Holla Forums has really fucked me up. Last night I had a dream I was a fat loli (I'm male) who was taking dicks in every hole but somehow got stranded in a field but was still craving dick and I came across Sheldon Cooper who was naked in the field and I begged him to fuck me but he said "no. i'm gay. but i will use my knee to fuck you in the anus." then he folded his leg back 180 degrees and put his entire bent leg knee first into my asshole. And I liked it. Also Sheldon looked like he had cancer for some reason. When I woke up my asshole was slimy. Fuck you Holla Forums

𝐁 𝐀 𝐙 𝐈 𝐍 𝐆 𝐀

You're fucking retarded

Vega is only good if you're willing to pay the price premium to use the open drivers; if you don't value that in and of itself, AMD can't compete with NVDIA on sheer performance numbers.
BTW, gaming on Linux is at least based on open standards (OpenGL, Vulkan) so you can reasonably easily switch vendors if NVIDIA suddenly starts to suck, compute is far worse since everything is CUDA-based and, due to both NVIDIA's efforts and the fucking miners, getting a large number of high-end consumer cards for compute cluster use is pretty hard these days, you have to go Tesla.