Holla Forums and Normalfags

Why is most of Holla Forums so redpilled when everyone else with an opinion on cartoons has bought into CN, Nick, Disney, Fox and Netflix's bullshit? Have you ever been driving on the road for miles that you were so hungry and desperate for food that you stop by at the nearest restaurant, even though they serve crap food you wouldn't normally eat. Well, I think that's a perfect analogy for the current consumer tastes of today. If you stuck Steven Universe or any toilet humour ridden show in any of the big three network's programming lineups from the 2000s, I doubt they'd have many fans.They've been so conditioned into slowly accepting whatever garbage comes out of CalArts that they've forgotten what quality cartoons are supposed to be.

You can even see this mentality manifest in those cartoon reviewers who I'm sure you all know the ones I'm referring to. They're the kind of people who can't see the game from the executives' perspective, and blame Spongebob and Nu-PPG for ruining their respective networks not the environment of the industry that determines the executives' actions.

But how did you become redpilled? What was your journey to realizing how shit cartoons have become?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kHpXle4NqWI)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The journey to realize the truth comes from firsthand experience. You have to suffer from reading the crap they shit out and watching the mindnumbing brainwashing shit they put on TV. Once you know your enemy, you understand your enemy. It took me TPB after TPB but I saw the light in good time. First with New 52. Then with Marvel all together. Finally with the whole stinking industry. It's eye opening. Saddening. But all together, I feel like I've grown as a person for going through all that hardship.

Pffff, that's some 2014 shit. What you really wanna be these days is vegpilled.

Where is the protein, user?
How do you get protein without meat?

Because this Holla Forums hates cartoons like The Loud House, Ruby Gloom, Ponies, etc. and loves Anime, they think cartoon girls are hideous and anti-moe.

That's more 4cuck's Holla Forums thing honestly.

You get redpilled on Holla Forums by realizing that no matter what direction shit leans, the underlying thing will still be shit.

Hitler was a Vegeterian before he lost the fuking war

THIS, if you like Holla Forums shit no mater if it is leftist SJW stuff or conservative right leaning stuff, In the end you must accept you are a fucking manchild.

I see a lot of shilling for kikeflix. They think that the new Voltron or discount mexican Gravity Falls is enough to get anyone here to pay for their shit service.

What Holla Forums have you been on? The people that shill for that are few and far between. We can all still talk about and watch these shows without supporting kikeflix.

Proximity to Holla Forums. Many will say otherwise, but it's almost impossible to be on a site like this and not soak up a little of Holla Forums's way of thinking.

As for the rest, there is no other suffering quite as unique as the suffering of being a normalfag. They have to delude themselves that everything is great and that identity politics is good for civilization, and subpar half-assed entertainment is not only worth watching, but worth dedicating time and energy towards celebrating.

Who needs Netflix when you have Crunchyroll? (and torrents)

It started with me being a nostalgiafag for 80s-90s cartoons and failing to find enjoyment in the newer ones. Then as I grew up I started looking at things more objectively, and understood why most new cartoons are shit (shoehorned politics, poor writing, terrible art…etc). But I also learned how to recognize quality and potential, instead of dismissing cartoons just because they are new.

Generally I feel the vast majority of anons on Holla Forums tend to have Holla Forums-like mentalities; either because these mentalities are not welcome anywhere else so they assemble here, or because Holla Forums itself leaks into all other boards.

It's one of those things that you don't understand until you really start to encounter shitty shows and have built up a personal library of experiences with media. You're just quite able to identify what shows are shit or what they do wrong, but sometimes you'll decide "I don't want to watch this."

When you grow up, you might realize that some things went over your head, but you might also realize that you were right and some shows from years back were bad for obvious reasons. More often than not, you'll realize your nostalgia goggles weren't the thing that made you enjoy a series, as good writing and characters, strong voice acting talent, cohesive art direction, dynamic animation, color palette choices and so on, all came together to make a truly enjoyable show that stands the test of time.

No, I think it's more that Holla Forums has a lot of oldfags. When the exodus occurred, most of Holla Forums stayed behind, while the oldfags left to full/co/. It's this culture of oldfaggotry that has led to full/co/ being savvy about the ins and outs of comics and cartoons. They've seen all of this shit before so they don't take the bait.

I disagree that this attitude is because of Holla Forums because Holla Forumsfags on here always take the bait. The same with the fags who keep demanding a comicsgate. They don't get it. They think companies like Disney, Pixar, DC, and Marvel have actual integrity and believe the crap they spew out.

No one here, especially not Holla Forums, believes any of them have integrity.

Yeah, they kinda do. They think that they believe the social justice bullshit they produce. It doesn't occur to them that they're producing it to appeal to the demographic that believes that crap because that demographic has the disposable income they want.

That's where the majority of my annoyance comes from. They think all of this shit is real.

I've been on imageboards long enough to tell you that Holla Forums has had a massive influence on the way we post and interact, even on halfchan.

You know you could have gone with something sane like that hiring social justice warriors lets you slash wages to the floor instead of going with obvious untruths like that they're a lucrative market.

Not really, I discovered 4chan Holla Forums for a weird ass ruby Gloom shitposting on every other board, mainly Holla Forums and discovered it came from 7co/ much like ponies did, and guess what there was threads about it.

Nowadays 8 's Holla Forums hate this type of cartoons with a passion.

1st is just being old enough to know better.
2nd is knowing about Japan

If not I'd go

My journey was watching long running things like Spongebob and The Fairly OddParents devolve over time.
Learning about The Great Recession and how generally shitty it was for the planet Earth.
I saw Ben 10 and then when I saw Ben 10 Alien Force I wanted to know what kind of societal, economic or even technological factors were ruining not just Cartoons, but practically everything I enjoyed while not calking it up to personal spontaneous cynicism, because every blue moon great things would still come around.

I just watched the latest episode of Dragon maid.
It is comedy/slice of life and has lesbian undertones.
Dragon maid doesn't god damn matter.
It is one of over 160 anime that will run this year.
Like it or hate it chances are high that it is dead by the end of march and it will slowly fade into obscurity with a thousand other shows that came before it.
Next anime season I'm betting there will be another anime defined as Comedy/Slice of Life with lesbian undertones.
Lets not assume too much and actually find one.
And there you go.

Steven Universe on the other hand is a shitty cartoon about a shitty kid and his several shitty moms and a dad.
It has been on the air since 2013.
This shitty sad excuse for a cartoon will be remembered for a long time.
I see it and I want to find out who is responsible for this televised abomination.
I want to find not just the creator, but what studio of chimps is smacking around a drawing tablet.
I look up things like "Rough Draft Studios" from time to time and instead of just going
and moving on.
I ask myself if western animation ever really existed beyond a specific decade.

You get into a kind of paradoxical argument of what is and is not a cartoon in regards to the numerous multinational join ventures because animation is so tedious.

It starts to feel like the whole thing boils down to just some whineburg in an office going

My Hero Academia Season 2 airs in Japan on April 1st.

Can you not

I prefer reading the manga.

Then he ate a bullet.

The fuck is this cuckchan thread going on?

For me I began to realize this the more I thought about Korra and other cartoons. I initially gave Korra a chance even though deep down it felt wrong to me but I didn't know why. When I thought more about it I realized Korra was shit and so were most other cartoons and comics. It always felt odd since when seeing some youtubers talk about comics it felt like you had to say nice things simply because it had women in it and it came off as forced and unnatural.

TLDR: It was a long process of suffering thru Korra and other stuff only to realize they both suck.

bump

When I was a kid reading comics, it was mostly The Beano, which was at a high point in the early-mid 90's; few reprints, full colour (not that that makes things automatically better, but it's more appealing to a kid), just the right amount of new characters coming and going and art which, while distinct from the 50's abd 60's debuts of the classic characters, was still done with dedication and craft, not just "oh well, its for kids…" phoned-in shit. My Brother got The Dandy, which was on a similar high, before 2010-2012 saw it plummet to an abysmal low abd get cancelled. 75 years of history discarded largely thanks to one artist, Jamie Smart, who naturally doubled down and blamed his critics and "Tory austerity" for killing the comic instead.
There was also Sonic The Comic, which, while being licensed advertainment shit (like 99% of the British comics "industry" today), at least had semi-decent adventure strips which took up a majority of the page count. With a childhood like that, you kind of assume things are only going to go on improving in future.
In the late 90's, I was "edgy". But, aside from my cringeworthy politics, "edgy" in the age of "edgy" actually meant I was strait-laced. I hated shit like Freakazoid, The Tick and other comedy superheroes, I wanted good superheroes who kicked baddie ass. I did watch the contemporary Batman, Spider Man and X Men toons too (my brother also got the Panini Spider Man comic for like 3 issues - with silver age reprints! My first glimpse at superhero greatness), but I thought those took themselves too seriously, by comparison. Also I wondered why Storm didn't just tornado the fuck out of everything.
In the 2000's I was getting 2000AD and the Judge Dredd Megazine, the latter filled with pozzed-out articles about the goings-on in "geekdom". I lost faith when they ignored the cult hit Life on Mars in favour of gushing about Lost, the show the normiest of norms had all seen. Anyway, in 2005 they ran an article about Sexton Blake, a "pulp" (story paper) character who was at his best between the world wars. My comic reading interest went back, WAY back, mostly to before World War 1. After a brief phase of wanting to create an "up to date", "ironic" "penny dreadful" with a black Tinker (Sexton Blake's "Robin") and a story about a psycho going on a rampage in a Social Services office, I actually read some old Sexton Blake and boarding school stories (I still feel ashamed at how I was giving a cultural marxism-laced critique of the illustrations to my brother on the bus, after finding a book of them in Cambridge), and decided my calling in life was to create more of them. I also got into more "modern" British adventure comics like Eagle, Victor, Valiant etc, the last of which had died when I was only just able to read.
My love of traditional adventure can probably be traced back to books and TV, though. 90's satellite TV in the UK was awash with the likes of the original Johnny Quest, the 60's barely animated Marvel toons, The Avengers (as in, Steed & Peel) and The Champions (as in, the three spies with "peak human" abilities). And as for books, my parents gave me the stuff they had liked as kids (in some cases, the actual books they had kept), such as The Famous Five. The likes of Blackman and Wynn-Jones passed me by entirely, and my only awareness of Harry Potter was a poster in the English room at school.

Because cartoons are crap for little kids with no plot and characters perhaps?

Once upon a time you were a normalfag. So please stop this autistic spurging on how you're all better than everyone else because deep down you have shit tastes too.

The thought that cartoons were getting shittier than they were in the nineties grew on me for a long time before I could put it into words. A:tLA was the first time since that era that I thought a cartoon was actually good. I understand why studios don't want to do the kind of stories I want to see (story-focused adventure stuff focusing in character interactions and a universe with actual lore; this interest was what initially got me interested in Japanese media), since the cheap, plotless, monster-of-the-week toy-shilling brand-promoting stuff is safer and more lucrative.

But I realized something else as well; even the comedy series suck. It's just gags. Setup-punchline jokes that you can tell are coming from a mile off, even though the only way they work is by making literally everyone in the show's universe retarded. Spongebob was a a glaring example of this, but you see the same thing in the Fairy Oddparents and other shite being pushed out.

A few months ago I found the Every Frame a Painting video on Chuck Jones (youtube.com/watch?v=kHpXle4NqWI) and it was a revelation. I was chuckling at a cartoon for the first time in ages, just because of how the characters moved and expressed themselves and interacted. The big popular nineties series were not, I think, the high point of Western animation. While their culture disgusts and confuses me on many levels, the Japanese do at least have a good grip on how to tell those kinds of long-running stories.

In my opinion, shit as it is, the high point of Western (or should I just say American? I don't know enough about the French scene, having only watched Wakfu and it's odd prequel/spinoff) animation is the expressivity and animation of classic Looney Tunes. That has been something that Japan has never matched and likely never will.

Hell, America is unlikely to ever match it again. Chuck Jones was a genius. And new Looney Tunes (from what I've seen of it, some years ago) is just the same tired setup-punchline Seinfeld sitcom shit that every other comedy series is pushing out.

And they are so anti-moe that cant even be real waifus!

bump

Can I stop being censored now?