Apple & Onion greenlight by Cartoon Network? Seems like a bland version of Regular Show

Apple & Onion greenlight by Cartoon Network? Seems like a bland version of Regular Show.

The pilot for those who haven't seen it:
youtube.com/watch?v=gsnxNdRFYLk

The only semi-interesting pilots I've seen from CN in recent memory are 12 Forever and Infinity Train.

Well they just canceled Regular Show

this looks like discount Bojack Horseman but with food instead of animals

Damn, that's an accomplishment. Bojack Horseman already looks like shit.

Fuck. You win Holla Forums. I'd actually rather have that turd, Infinity Train, than this.

I actually saw Apple and Onion when it was brought up a while back. We had a thread discussing CN pilots. Apple and Onion was the only one that wasn't…tooo bad. Sure, it's more pastel colored, calarts, noodlearmed, show about awkward people, but there was this one joke in the pilot where

Apple and Onion go to a party and in an attempt to fit in, they try doing what everyone else is doing by imitating them. Apple starts imitating someone's speech impediment by pretending to stutter

That legitimately caught me off guard. I highly doubt CN's gonna have the show do more material like that, though.

You should've listened

At best itll last for a single season.

Who thought this was a good idea?

Looks like generic slice of life trash but with more autism and shittu writing.

It's Regular Show but with food as the main characters.

They've shouldn've just renewed regular show for another season or at least change the name to trick people into boosting the ratings.

at least it isnt the other choice, bottom's butte

That was the cringiest shit I ever seen.

That was fucking awful. It really is just a Regular Show knockoff.
Watched this instead in the recommended. The girl is cute, and I like the idea of a key to the subconscious land. But the creator is a rainbow-haired leftist.

Shame. Seems like this is the only type getting into the animation industry these days.

Their noses look weird.

It's not really offensively bad, it's just a boring, safe space Sponge Bob… I don't know what audience they are hoping to get with this one.

tumblrites of course.

I can't see tumblrites liking this. No way can anyone want to fuck food and turn them into genderqueer tranny black men.

Better than red

I got about half way in and had to tap out.

The second half is worse, you did good.

I should have, but I didn't.
Now, I reap, what I sow.

No, but for some reason they're enamored with British humor. Especially the safe, self-deprecative kind

As for the show itself, it reminds me of that old Newgrounds series, Cuboy. I wish that had gotten a show rather than this, though.