What do you believe is the best comic format?

There are a lot of ways to consume comics but it doesn't feel like the industry is growing to match the options. Which one is the most appealing for you guys? Do you need your physical prints from your local comic shop? Do you navigate conventions in search of physical indies? Digital download good enough for you? What about free browser webcomics? Color? Black and White?

Where do you get your books, Holla Forums daddy?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/4hT3RVr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

JoJo-esque.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
naw it's cool

Trades, tomes, and thick volumes or collections. I like stories to be at least somewhat self-contained. Because of that, I tend to mostly buy European books that release every few months to two years, but when they do, I get about 50 or more pages of a complete story.
Only floppies I bother with are anthologies and one-shots.

I download all my comics then I go to a comic shop near my house and ask for comics I know they won't have just to piss them of.

Forgot to add, that while I don't mind digital at all, I won't buy it unless I can make a backup copy of it.

Eh. Jojo comics are only good when they're colored. Araki's a good artist but he's fucking terrible with composition, and you typically can't tell what's happening without it being in color.
Especially considering part of his style is drawing awkward poses.

Anyway OP I prefer digital. If I had room I'd buy volumes. Issues are cancer and part of what has made American comics unfeasible and is slowly killing them. If you read comics online through your browser, you're even worse cancer. Download 'em.

Trade paperbacks. Nothing beats an actual, physical book, and a trade is long enough to deliver a whole story arc. It also seems like a better value than buying the issues individually, but I don't know if that's actually true.

>>>/a/
>>>/jojo/

This is the only right answer. /thread

Never buy comics.

Trade usually has at least 6 regular issues (or 4 if you are buying Marvel). Single issues are at least $3, while trades tend to start at $15.

I don't mind paying for a book if it is good, not published by big two, and creators aren't cunts. Especially if they are newcomers or their work is not as popular as it should be based on it's quality.

Seems like digital and trades are the way to go so far. I myself fell for the physical issues meme for a good while but quit when I realized spending four bucks a pop for a gamble on filler or no filler was a losing strategy.

Left to right.
Black and White.
Five inch width, Seven and a half inch height.

Not an overpriced rag filled with ads.
Not some thin overpriced trade.
I want a decently sized and priced book that looks nice on display.

30 pages written and drawn every month.
Published in a 180 page book with 5 other titles on the front.

After half a year each title gets their 6 chapter collective.
Only the ones that sell well will have their artists and writers continually employed and respected.

No diversity hires, only whoever is at the door with a story and art that they believe will make readers want more.

No officially sanctioned fan-fiction or printed liberal tears, Only original creations with characters and stories that endear.

I didn't see what you did there till I finished your post, looked at your picture and read the first three lines again. I'm dumb but good shit

Someone got promoted. A for effort, demon.

Fuck you earned this (you).

If i were at a desktop, id guve you my best pic.

May I ask what is "Trade"?

I'm not picky, but I do lean towards physically collecting stuff.
Growth is kind of hard when there are more comics than there are people willing to pay for them.
No. If I'm at a convention, I'm more inclined to look for good deals. Maybe I'll support someone on the artist alleys if I see something I really like, but that's a big maybe.

A trade paperback is, as related to comic books, often a collection of previously published material.

Black and white (with maybe a strip or two in colour), weekly or monthly, and from a normal shop where you can also buy milk and bread. Ideally with at least one complete or serialised text story, too. Oh, and dirt fuckin' cheap. Best stuff collected into books, no sacred cows if a team doesn't deliver.
Basically an amalgamation of how Britain used to be (especially up until about 1970) with how Japan still is.

anime and comics discord

discord.gg/4hT3RVr

discord.gg/4hT3RVr
discord.gg/4hT3RVr

Ah got it, thanks.

This is a fucking weeb server, you probably meant "anime and manga"