Blazechan Thread #3

last thread died.
Blazechan is the blazing fast imageboard software, written in Python. It aims to reach the feature parity of the current imageboards while maintaining a clean codebase and speed. It's currently in beta.
Testing/development instance: dev.nextchan.org/
Production instance: nextchan.org/
Current version: Beta 0.10.0
Currently (04/11/2017) working on:
- Extension system (75% done)
- Captcha
- Flood detection
- Roles section of panel
Please post feature suggestions and bug reports here.
I can be reached at [email protected] or #nextchan on Rizon.

Other urls found in this thread:

dev.nextchan.org
dev.nextchan.org/cp/captcha/get/.
gitgud.io/m712/blazechan-extension-rainbowtext
stackoverflow.com/questions/14901680/how-to-do-a-multi-step-form-in-django
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%_rule_(Internet_culture)
pip.readthedocs.io/en/1.1/requirements.html
ae-chan.org/
gitgud.io/blazechan/blazechan/
gitgud.io/blazechan/extension-captcha/
gitgud.io/blazechan/extension-rainbowtext/
nextchan.org/next/.
gitgud.io/blazechan/blazechan/commit/982327425e9f2020ced93240dc5fab9e0c6a0d1b
nextchan.org/test/
makersupport.com/mission712/
nextchan.org/
makersupport.com/mission712
dev.nextchan.org/nigger/thread/86/#bottom
dev.nextchan.org/boards.html
gitgud.io/m712/blazechanGo
github.com/bakape/thumbnailer
github.com/valyala/quicktemplate
github.com/cutechan/cutechan
gitgud.io/blazechan/extension-deutschtext
twitter.com/nextchan_org/
github.com/Floens/uchan
8ch.net/polk/res/102.html
8ch.n
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What does that mean?

You will be able to add new functionality to Blazechan. dev.nextchan.org currently has rainbowtext as a testing extension, which adds !!text!! to convert to flashing/rotating rainbow text. I plan to create an API that allows extension developers to create extensions that can add new markdown syntax, new URLs/views, new sections to the site entirely, etc.

Can I write extensions in Rust?

You can write the views in Rust, and then call your Rust binaries in Python to get the result. i.e. Create a program that takes in arguments and returns an HTML template, and then call that program from Python and then return it as a response.

I have pushed the extension stuff to master. I'm planning to write documentation about it either today or tomorrow. Captcha should be ready by Monday or Tuesday.

How can it be the fastest imageboard if it isn't written in Rust?

well meme'd

Is this some shitty fork of Infinity next?

No, its a brand new shitty software.

Oh, so it'll go nowhere like the other hundred IBS.

Pretty much.

All hope is not lost. We're going to make imageboards great again.

Not in Python you're not.
Don't worry anons, the promised chan is coming.

Actually Futurechan written in rust is coming soon too.

where is the github?

true

Can't wait for the incoming Go one to blow that piece of shit out of the water. Best part is that its reference implementation is in Go with the production version written in C.

Try using a cached loader if you're going to use Django's templating backend instead of Jinja. It's a premature optimization but you might as well cache the templates in production at the very least.

Python is fine tbh. Your extension system is neat.

Gonna look into that. Should I switch to Jinja? Pros/cons?

Thanks. The API is very far from complete, but I'm still working on it. I'm planning to add the ability for registering board/site options and being able to query them. One obstacle I'm having trouble solving is how to inject the extension's directory to the template search path. This should be done because otherwise if I do return render(request, 'extension/page.html', {}) the templating system won't know where ``extension/page.html'' is because it's not in the template loader path.

It's slightly faster and is the successor to DJT. Cons are that you'll have to rewrite all of your templates and can't rely on Django templatetags. Templatetags will have to be rewritten to jinja extensions.
Hence, just use the cached loader outside of development.

Honestly what you're doing, why don't you just piggy back on top of django apps. Extensions would just be apps that are installed through whatever means you want, but the important part is that you let the loader figure it out with APP_DIRS. Add whatever API you want on top of that. Am I missing something?

In other words, you'd be better off doing this:
INSTALLED_APPS += BLAZE_EXTENSIONS
Why not?

Also, note that since you're on greater than django 1.9, the load can extend templates recursively. So the following is possible:
blaze-dicks/templates/blaze-dicks/dicks.html:{% block body %}{% endblock %}blaze-dicks-extended/templates/blaze-dicks/dicks.html:{% extends "blaze-dicks/dicks.html" %}{% block body %}{{ block.super }}

Bickers the registry autodiscovers all extensions inside the extensions/ directory, and has to be loaded after the settings (loaded in AppConfig), therefore it cannot add new things to the settings. Also, I do not want to give any extension the full power of a Django app because I believe that it could be dangerous. I just want to provide API hooks that the extensions can hook to and add their own things in. I believe this makes for a cleaner codebase. What are you thoughts?

That's nice, but I'll have to do a dependency system for this. Easy, but will take some time.

I may put the effort to switch if after everything is done before a 1.0.

Also, the site gives 500 Internal Error when DEBUG is off. Why could that be?

I added captcha generation/getting at
dev.nextchan.org/cp/captcha/get/. This should give you the same captcha every time, because of the algorithm used to determine the captcha to get. I'm currently working on adding the captcha to the post form, and adding pre/post posting hooks for the captcha checks, those should be done in 1-2 days.
in the meantime, I released the source of the RainbowText extension: gitgud.io/m712/blazechan-extension-rainbowtext
It's fairly simple and straightforward. It's enabled on the dev site.

fucking gitgud cancer doesn't work without js so its the same as gh but with an even worse ui

gochan? If thats what you are referring to, its worse than blazechan. Its been in development for at least 3 years and theres no catalog yet.

so this is the power of python

Is this the main site or dev site? Which board and thread were you posting on? Can you try posting again, then click "switch to copy-and-paste mode" (requires JS) and then copy the textbox's contents here?

i was posting on the dev site without js and everything broke beyond belief

Can you share traceback here or on a paste please (I told you how to do it on the post you replied to)?

Set up admin mailing and follow the traceback.
LOGGING = { 'version': 1, 'disable_existing_loggers': False, 'filters': { 'require_debug_false': { '()': 'django.utils.log.RequireDebugFalse', }, }, 'formatters': { 'verbose': { 'format': LOG_FORMAT, 'datefmt': "%d/%b/%Y %H:%M:%S", }, 'simple': { 'format': '%(levelname)s %(message)s', }, }, 'handlers': { 'console': { 'level': 'ERROR', 'class': 'logging.StreamHandler', 'formatter': 'verbose', }, 'mail_admins': { 'level': 'ERROR', 'filters': ['require_debug_false'], 'class': 'django.utils.log.AdminEmailHandler', }, }, 'loggers': { 'django.request': { 'handlers': ['mail_admins', 'console'], 'level': 'ERROR', 'propagate': True, }, '': { 'handlers': ['console'], 'level': 'ERROR', }, }

Realistically there's always going to be a risk. I'd just go with the riskiest way off the bat instead of swatting ways to monkeypatch and put up a big ol 'EXTENSIONS CAN EXTEND ANY PART OF BLAZECHAN, REVIEW THE SOURCE CODE THOROUGHLY AND ACCEPT ANY AND ALL RISK YOU RETARDED FAGGOT.'
Either way, you want to inject those extension dirs in a way that the loader finds them and crawls them just like it does APP_DIRS. I just gave you the easiest way.

You definitely don't want to add a captcha directly on the form. That's the same mistake josh made. I suggest a two-step form if the user has not been 'authenticated' for no-js, the first step being the post form, and an API for JS users.
Something like this:
stackoverflow.com/questions/14901680/how-to-do-a-multi-step-form-in-django

Additionally, so you don't make the same mistakes Holla Forums and 4chan made initially:
You do not want to reveal ban status until a user has a valid captcha answer or captcha answer status until a user makes a post. Why? Makes it easier for autists to check open proxies for ban status. This will eliminate 99% of autistic no-lifes spamming. Only the most dedicated will persist.

but then you have no users left?

>tfw all that work wasted
;_; Fine. I'm doing it that way.
Actually, thinking about it, only the loader needs to change. I still need to have extension registry for the other stuff.
Why?

This makes sense. Ban status people can view anyway with /cp/banned/ and /cp/banned/{board}/, but I can make captcha check necessary for making a post.

Thanks for this.

I fixed it, capcode was None and was being fed into bleach.clean.

Firstly, only 90% of your userbase are going to post at all. Let alone crawling robots.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%_rule_(Internet_culture)
Secondly, you don't want to generate new captchas inline with the page. Hence, have a form that checks whether a poster has a valid captcha answer, but don't generate it inline with the page. No-JS, generate it after a post, as part of validation or whatever. JS, generate a captcha when people start adding things to a post with an API and display it. Perhaps allow them to answer the captcha without posting, but don't generate captchas when anyone and everyone does a GET on a thread or the index/catalog.

Whoops, I meant only 10% of your userbase. 90% will not post at all, only lurk. and only 1% will create new content. So don't fucking generate captchas inline with the page, 90% of real people will not use it at all, and there will be robots crawling it. Josh made that mistake of generating a captcha on each new session, don't make that mistake.

Has it stopped crashing?
Will they give /polk/ a new home again?
Old nextchan was really shit.

how is this better than infinity next or lynxchan or any of the other failed IBS?

i demand answers!

Makes sense. I'll put an endpoint in the extension and add some sort of ExtensionRedirectException to halt control flow and redirect to the captcha page on NoJS and add an API endpoint for checking captcha for JS.

It seems to be mostly stable AFAICS, it was up for 25 days without problems before the VPS was restarted. A moderator needs to be active until I add captcha because there's a lot of linkspam, but after that it should be fairly good.
If the /polk/ users want to migrate again, I'd be really happy to host them. I'm sorry for what happened on the previous instance.
Infinity Next had constant problems, many of which were architectural. The site was hitting constant 100% CPU on load when Infinity Next was on it, now I've been checking gunicorn's usage and it doesn't seem to go above 20% CPU usage with 10req/s.

>

See, that's why you should just make extensions django apps. This is already built into python eggs.

So, realistically, you'd just have a requirements.txt that would recursively load anything from extensions.txt. -r extensions.txt.
Add extensions.txt whevever you want, -r the path in your requirements.txt, and then gitignore to freeze it.
Then users can specify whatever dependencies in their eggs, and it doesn't have to be published on pypi.python.org, extensions can be downloaded from git, svn, tarballs.
pip.readthedocs.io/en/1.1/requirements.html

I changed the extension style as suggested. Now it loads every extension as a normal Django app first, and then calls register_extension() on them to load the hooks. This also makes static file loading easier bickers AppDirectoriesFinder can find them, but you now need to supply each CSS/JS file you're gonna inject globally. The code is in master.

IPFS caching ability when?
1. auto-saving all files coming into blazechan
2. uploading said files to IPFS
3. create IPFS hash search bar for finding files
4. A "delete module" for DMCA takedowns

Congrats on getting blazechan up and running!

go back to cuckchan

Either or >>>/gaschamber/
Your pick, newfag.

See

This theme ae-chan.org/

One thing that blazechan could have, is thread continuation
1. Automated redirection to new thread
2. Archive old threads, and list them
3. Standard formatted text and image as OP
See >>>Holla Forums10855011

Dropped

Do you even Holla Forums?
Yes, for some shit it should be deleted. For Ops, you ARCHIVE EVERYTHING.

Mega turbodropped

LOL. >>>/4chan/

>>>/reddit/

I like the idea. Could be done as an extension.

newfags

Thanks. Where have you been?
wheres the 36 core server ;_;

You on IRC right now?

sec

ipfs is good for this, but i would say wait until JS IPFS is out of alpha and into beta so people without go ipfs can see the threads.

In this case I was thinking archive.is and other 3-rd party sites, but good thinking.

Username in Rizon?

I was fam. Are you TryingTooHardPhone? i even pinged you multiple times, stop disconnecting you fucking mongoloid

Well that explains everything. Sorry man, I left because I think you weren't there.

The 404ing of content is a core component of imageboards. It serves as a natural purge of all the shitty worthless garbage faggotry that is better left forgotten. If anything of value does somehow get posted, then it will naturally survive in one form or another. Images get saved and reposted, screencaps are made, threads get saved on archive.is when needed, etc. It is the internet version of survival of the fittest. It's the reason you are so addicted to this format. You tolerate digging through shit so you can aquire a gem once in a while, and do your part in preserving it for the future.

An imageboard that saves everything is just Reddit with a different interface and no upvotes.

See >>>Holla Forums10878646
For operations and happenings, nowadays it is an unspoken rule to "Archive Everything". Removing shitposting and not archiving them is one, but keeping archives of things that the board intended to is another. Even better, is places like >>>/pdfs/ and >>>/zundel/ where they creating a database of content, one being better then the last, to the point PoliticallyIncorrectLibrary (TOR project) becomes feasible?

I have pushed new extension hooks to master, and I have also released the source code of the CAPTCHA extension.
The dev site now has CAPTCHA verification. Currently it only works with NoJS though. I have yet to add post form hooks for the JS postbox. Gonna finish that in a couple days.
ATTENTION
I have moved the Blazechan and extension repositories under the "Blazechan" group. The new URLs are:
gitgud.io/blazechan/blazechan/
gitgud.io/blazechan/extension-captcha/
gitgud.io/blazechan/extension-rainbowtext/

when are you moving the project to github so it gets more attention?

No thanks

maybe the board owner can enable archiving using one or multiple extentions?

That is my plan. The extension API is vastly incomplete. In fact, if you have ideas for API extensions, feel free to tell them here or over at nextchan.org/next/.

after the rust rewrite :^)

Provide an actual argument against it. It's not the best language in the world, in fact I acknowledge the fact that it's pretty bad on some aspects, but it's very good for this kind of project. Before saying slow, check posting speeds on the main site and browsing speeds on dev. Main site has varnish and dev site has nothing.

m712 is a communist antifa cuck

So why bother using python if it needs a crutch anyway? Might as well either use anything else that is equally mediocre at the task or use something that doesn't need said crutch and would make everything simpler.

I might as well come out of the closet. I am actually a leftist self-identified coder-kin genderqueer LGBTQ activist. :^)

Fugggg

Blazechan is dynamic, so it needs a cache so it doesn't rebuild the page every time. Varnish was used here too, before it was replaced by Alacrity. Every site needs a cache, and using Python or C or whatever language you want doesn't change that fact.

Of course you'd need to cache it somehow.
What I am saying is that you could implement the cache on the software itself instead of relying on a 3rd party software.

Varnish gets the job done and it gets it done well. Of course I could do it in Blazechan, but I do not suffer from NIH syndrome (unless you count the main software as that).

The captcha is now mostly working on the dev site. Works for both JS and NoJS now. I did as , , suggested, and did it like this:
NoJS
- Make a post
- Redirects you to a captcha page
- When captcha is entered correctly, makes your post and returns you to the thread
JS
- When you click on the postbox, captcha loads
- When you answer correctly, your post goes through and the captcha goes away.
Sorry for adding a captcha check json endpoint, advice user. Do you have a better way of doing this? You said no captcha checking endpoints.
There are still a few more things to be fixed, but after that, I will put it on the main site. 0.11.0 should come out soon. Peace out.

I think there's a website that's much more to your liking over at r e d d i t . c o m

There more people at tumblr.com waiting for you

Bumping so thread doesn't die. I will not be able to work on Blazechan until next Friday, but after that development will speed up. Ciao.

Be careful of what you wish for.

I thought I only said ban check endpoints.
Allowing a user to see they're banned before they even answer a captcha is the problem.

That can be fixed. Once I get through real life business I'll work on it.

Is the Promised Chan going to be written in assembly?

No, Golang.

See

language isn't the most important thing when writing imageboards.
algorithms and the right choice of concurrency primitives are what's in fact important.
btw rust doesn't have coroutines officially, so python actually makes it easier to write faster code for webmonkey stuff.

Welp, my brain died and I pushed out 0.11.0 without fixing the release-blockers first. They should be there at 0.12.0 at least, I can guarantee that. But extension support is finally live and the Captcha should be available on the main site, so that should block out a lot of the spam. I am also working on implementing an anti-spam system like Tinyboard's one (add random fields to the form and check if they are filled) which should be done in about half an hour. I am also in the process of fixing some cruft and minor annoyances I find along the way.

Also, we have proper media deletion now. It was a hack tied to global B&D so the box doesn't get v& (it wasn't pushed to master), but it's now an official setting. It looks like dogshit though (pic related 1), I'm going to put it like pic related 2.

gitgud.io/blazechan/blazechan/commit/982327425e9f2020ced93240dc5fab9e0c6a0d1b
Should be live on the main site in a couple minutes. I also fixed up the captcha textbox not being visible.

It is I again. I'm currently working on making a better board/site settings system because the current one is crap. It's mostly done, all that's left is saving and handling board creation now. I will push it to master after it's complete. Meanwhile, check out pic related.
Also, can you please test the captcha on the current site on nextchan.org/test/ and tell me what is bad about it so I can improve? Some users said the captcha is too hard/hard to complete and I'd like to have some perr review. Thanks.

I see this is going really well. Will roles allow for board owners to setup custom groups for their staff, and granting those groups their own permission set?

Yep. You will be able to add roles with different permissions and assign roles to users. No progress done in that department yet, but it's slowly progressing.

nice job fag
please fix this i like nextchan

Please give more info. URL? What kind of page?

Welp, I accidentally fucked up all post attachments. The files are still there but the database is fucked up. I have a backup, I will restore previous attachments when I get back home (10-ish hours).

Okay, I need to get ideas on this.
The current way the captcha is implemented is an extension. The problem is, captcha should also be on pages like reporting, board creation and such. What could be done to these pages? My thought was adding to the extension API a ".add_to_page(page_name, html, request_hook)" hook, which will allow you to add things to specific pages (set and limited by the API) and have hooks for when POST requests to pages are made, so you can i.e. verify the captcha. What do you guys think would be a good idea? Ideas would be appreciated.

All of those should cost at least 0.0001 BTC tbh

I mean I could, but then there's pic related, since this software is for others to install.

wouldn't that be horrifyingly slow?

You could just hold all the transactions in a queue?

more like deadchan tbh, m712 dug his own grave.

Nextchan is dead because it hasn't been shilled anywhere at all and nobody knows about it yet. I'm still working to get the software complete (even though I haven't done much in the past 3-4 days because of work related stuff). When Blazechan matures enough, we'll do ads and shit to get people know about Nextchan.

This is me.

What about all the other dead imageboards that have been shilled everywhere? Why are they dead?

It's simple, they didn't attract enough users to take off. I'm trying to bring new things to the table with features that do not exist in other imageboard software (see the issues in the blazechan repo for an idea, more to come). One of the main things is speed of browsing the site and posting. Second is QoL features.

Can I run this on an ARM SBC for standalone use, like a piratebox?

It doesn't matter if an imageboard is dead.
Once the exodus happens it will come alive.

Sure. I ran Blazechan on my 6 year old phone once (the webserver).

why does your website suck

wew.

HAHA NEW YEARS BUMP

Don't worry, the promised chan is being developed and will be released this year.

e-begging incoming
I made a MakerSupport page for Blazechan/NeXTCHAN:
makersupport.com/mission712/
You won't be able to pledge right now because I haven't added my payment info yet but I will tomorrow. Please help fund Blazechan and NeXTCHAN.

Is there a link/repo? The idea was proposed a while back but I couldn't really grasp the full concept.

Very nice my negro.

In what way? If you mean popularity and such, nobody knows about NeXTCHAN yet so there's no real userbase, which will change after the features on the issue board on Blazechan's repo are cleared (at least most of them).

It doesn't really have to do with a language per se. If you can make your uncached URL surface small enough and cache as generically as possible you'll get speed. For instance, currently nextchan.org/ is fully cached both client-side (with forever expires) and server-side (with Varnish). I think it's pretty smooth.

I meant to spoiler. Whoops.

Also, apparently the link is
makersupport.com/mission712

Is there a link/repo? The idea was proposed a while back but I couldn't really grasp the full concept.

Very nice my negro.

In what way? If you mean popularity and such, nobody knows about NeXTCHAN yet so there's no real userbase, which will change after the features on the issue board on Blazechan's repo are cleared (at least most of them).

It doesn't really have to do with a language per se. If you can make your uncached URL surface small enough and cache as generically as possible you'll get speed. For instance, currently nextchan.org/ is fully cached both client-side (with forever expires) and server-side (with Varnish). I think it's pretty smooth.
e-begging stuff deleted, wew

why not librepay? and i hope that's not your real name

forgot my name whatever

Did you delete because you put your real name on it, Chris?

I thought of MakerSupport because Sargon used it. I didn't do deep research into it. I was gonna use Hatreon at first but their pledging system seems to be broken for quite a while.

I have never put my real name through an HTTP connection.

also, ring deleted it because e-begging is apparently against the rules.

He's a turk, so I doubt he's named "chris".

His name is John.

Put links in the topic of #nextchan will you?

Sure.

What the fuck am i looking at?

That's something I attempted to do like back in July, it was supposed to be a Single Page App for Blazechan with tabs for threads and such. Unfortunately it's broken as fuck. You'll need to clear your localStorage for NeXTCHAN. I'll move it to another branch.
For now you can open the inspector, switch to dev console, and type window.bc.widgets.experimental.experimentalUI = false; window.bc.saveState() and refresh page.

That does nothing

Sorry, that should be window.bc.widgets.experimental.settings.experimentalUI = false; window.bc.saveState().

I managed to get it to work

I think i broke something dev.nextchan.org/nigger/thread/86/#bottom

Gonna be honest, these days the only thing I want from competing web software is for it not to use fucking JS.

i dont think nextchan or blazechan require js to be enabled

But they lose some functionality, don't they? Gotta make the thing Noscript-proof.

i think all that happens is that posting with the captcha extention installed will make you fill out a captcha on another page (>>818329), then it will redirect you to post. a minor annoyance, but if you are used to blocking scripts it won't be much of a hassle

I just got on the site and one of the first things i saw in the page was a little girl sucking a cock.
What the hell.

like old 4chan

this one is just botspam though

this tbh
get some mods m712
ill do it for free :^)

I cleared up some of the spam, the site is missing a few endpoints when purging from varnish and there are some crashes. I will take care of it when I'm available.

hmmm....
yes this is written entirely in go, using almost entirely official libs (except pgx for postgresql and pongo2 because html/template sucks cocks)

you're rewriting everything in go? will it be its own project or merged with blazechan?

I think I will be rewriting Blazechan in Go. I completed the groundwork already (did a URL router that works with regex, did some database models, did a template loader, etc...). I'll be doing the board index now.

L0L0LOL0LOLOL0L
Will PajeetChan ever be finished????

Upvoted.

will extentions still work with this version, or will it have to be ported over?

hmmmmmmm...

They will have to be ported over, because they were written in Python before. Maybe extension plugins could be a thing, though?

TBH I'm all for constructive criticism, but if you just say "why does your website suck" the only thing I can say is "no u".

no u

ok

can you do the next rewrite in erlang?

I do not think there will be a next rewrite, because this is specifically due to a performance benefit, and I think we're at the max here.>>854268

Dennis Ritchie is frowning at you right now

A board index (no posts) currently takes about 1ms to render (average of 100k requests), and EXPLAIN ANALYZE on postgres shows that almost all of it is the database query. I don't know what you're talking about, but I think it's quite performant.

w-what

He would've wanted you to write it in Rust

So why rewrite it when the majority is database query?

I was talking about Go. Current Blazechan renders take orders of magnitude more time than that.

Let him roll in his grave.

Any other day, but not with a webapp.

dysn☕mia!bO.8VNPLAE ## Board Volunteer 01/18/18 (Thu) 23:29:10 No.
>>>Holla Forums7711343

If you fags can get >>7777777 by tonight I will give the board to someone else.

But if you can't… I'm here forever.

>>>Holla Forums7712047
yea, that's probably true. I don't think we will get to 7777777 unless we get some serious help here soon.

everyone stop posting and call fucking reddit for help. I don't give a shit. GET THE WHOLE DAMN INTERNET IN HERE OR WE WONT GET 7777777. WE MUST GET IT, EVEN IF ITS JUST TO PROVE DYSNOMIA WRONG, THEN WE MUST GET THE WHOLE INTERNET TO LEAVE Holla Forums AGAIN AND MAKE IT EMPTY SO THAT DYSNOMIA GETS FIRED WHILE QUITTING FOR DOUBLE GTFO-ISH-NESS

HERE'S THE PLAN: call reddit and say dysnomia is quitting if we get the 888877777s7 dfyw839 and say "NO NO DYSNOMIA NO" so that reddit says "aahhhaa! lets bump the thread!' THEY WILL GET US TO 87878768777689 BEFORE 12 AM.
LISTEN TO ME

LISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE CAN DO THIS
SAVE Holla Forums, SAVE Holla Forums, SAVE THE INTERNET, SAVE AMERICA, SAVE THE WORLD

CALLING ALL OTHER BOARDS FOR HELP
GO GET THEM! GO ASK THEM FOR HELP!

SOMEONE GO AND FUCKING CALL REDDIT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CALL YOUR BIG FAT MOTHERS
CALL YOUR CAT
CALL ALL THE BITCHES IN THE YARD WITH BIG MILKSHAKES
CALL YOUR POOP IN THE TOILET

FUCKING GET YOUR DOCTOR TO PUT ON SOME GLOVES AND CALL YOUR PROSTATE

FUCKING CALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL AND HURRY

dysn☕mia!bO.8VNPLAE ## Board Volunteer 01/18/18 (Thu) 23:29:10 No.
>>>Holla Forums7711343

If you fags can get >>7777777 by tonight I will give the board to someone else.

But if you can't… I'm here forever.

>>>Holla Forums7712047
yea, that's probably true. I don't think we will get to 7777777 unless we get some serious help here soon.

everyone stop posting and call fucking reddit for help. I don't give a shit. GET THE WHOLE DAMN INTERNET IN HERE OR WE WONT GET 7777777. WE MUST GET IT, EVEN IF ITS JUST TO PROVE DYSNOMIA WRONG, THEN WE MUST GET THE WHOLE INTERNET TO LEAVE Holla Forums AGAIN AND MAKE IT EMPTY SO THAT DYSNOMIA GETS FIRED WHILE QUITTING FOR DOUBLE GTFO-ISH-NESS

HERE'S THE PLAN: call reddit and say dysnomia is quitting if we get the 888877777s7 dfyw839 and say "NO NO DYSNOMIA NO" so that reddit says "aahhhaa! lets bump the thread!' THEY WILL GET US TO 87878768777689 BEFORE 12 AM.
LISTEN TO ME

LISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE CAN DO THIS
SAVE Holla Forums, SAVE Holla Forums, SAVE THE INTERNET, SAVE AMERICA, SAVE THE WORLD

CALLING ALL OTHER BOARDS FOR HELP
GO GET THEM! GO ASK THEM FOR HELP!

SOMEONE GO AND FUCKING CALL REDDIT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CALL YOUR BIG FAT MOTHERS
CALL YOUR CAT
CALL ALL THE BITCHES IN THE YARD WITH BIG MILKSHAKES
CALL YOUR POOP IN THE TOILET

FUCKING GET YOUR DOCTOR TO PUT ON SOME GLOVES AND CALL YOUR PROSTATE

FUCKING CALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL AND HURRY

vaporware

this

i swear to go the next time someone says they wrote a fast program using a garbage collected language im installing windows 10...

god*
because fuck go

And another imageboard software killed by bikeshedding. Congrats OP.

? You mean the shitty thing I did in PHP like 2 years ago now? Fuck that, it was trash.

I still have the original Blazechan if this one doesn't turn out to be useful. I'm trying to find what works best.

fucking KEK. When will it be production ready? Late next year? LMAO

Bump.

Every time I click this I get another "25". This is on the production instance.

I never got around to fixing that, lol. I'll try to fix it now.

LMAO. This is pajeet code

[H][U][H][U][H][U][H][U][H][U][H][U][H][U][H][U][H][U][H][U][H][U][H][U][H][U][H][U][H][U][H][U][H][U][H][U][H][U][H][U]

Is this a bug or are you not taking your medicine?

Plot twist, m712 was actually codemonkey all along, they're even repeating the same bugs in the code

Way to show your new, nigger

I don't follow every single thing on 8ch, my bad. I actually have a life.

this tbh LMA0

re

I fixed it and a bunch of other bugs, should be working on the main site now. If not, try clearing your cache (ctrl+shift+R).

Just to be clear: the load more text disappears now because I made it so it auto-hides when it is showing every board there is. If Nextchan had 50+ boards it would still show up. Check out dev.nextchan.org/boards.html for demonstration.

I'm returning to the original Blazechan implementation for now. BlazechanGo is currently in the backburner. I'll take a look into it when the toolchain for building Go webapps matures.
gitgud.io/m712/blazechanGo

L0L

Please, that was only the first rewrite. I don't consider the PHP one remotely similar.

Why do you suck?

rust rewrite when

never L0L

This is shitposting on unearthly proportions. Either the site is filled with elite baitposters working in lock step or it was invaded by normalfag cancer before it was even complete. I just don't know.

Shilling my thumbnailing backend -
github.com/bakape/thumbnailer .

Go sorta kinda supports plugins, but you probably just want a Makefile that echoes imports into a Go source file and then recompile with the new plugin set.

github.com/valyala/quicktemplate is 20 times faster than html/template.

Shame. You could have even reused a bunch of existing meguca code, maybe. Or even make another meguca fork like github.com/cutechan/cutechan did.

I've been posting nonsense for about 2 months but I'll actually have the time, in about 10 days, to write this imageboard software in Golang. You can call it larping, I probably wouldn't believe me either, but it will be fully working and deployed by March 1st. It will be an i2p eepsite and be reasonable comfy. IronChan is coming down the pike, gentlemen; prepare those buttholes.

It's me again. I've been slowly working on some features in my free time. TryingTooHard/HongKonger from IRC is currently working on auto-archiving threads, where a thread will archive itself when it hits bumplimit, then remove all its posts and add the archive link to the OP. This would be great for something like happening threads. Meanwhile, I cleaned up the ugly mess I did with translation strings (gay ass msgids) and added post editing (unfortunately, frontend/templates/board/post/form.html suffered from some hacks which I am not proud of. If there is a better way of doing it please inform me).

>Shame. You could have even reused a bunch of existing meguca code, maybe. Or even make another meguca fork like github.com/cutechan/cutechan did.
I will definitely come back to blazechanGo after Blazechan has a stable release. I'm currently working on a lot of features for the Python version, after they are all stabilized and Blazechan is production ready (1.0) I will try it again.

Good luck fam.

We'd supplant them with our superior shitposting skills. Remember, 2018 is the year of the exodus.

It would be in line with the prophecy. A humble Holla Forums user transforms into our lord and savior.

not if i finish my website first

More details on this?

Go for the CRUD/glue and C/C++ for the hot-spot subsystems is quite optimal.

Holla Forums can't code

gitgud.io/blazechan/extension-deutschtext
It should be active on NeXTCHAN in about 5 minutes.

Basically a bunch of {%if not edit%}stuff that shows on the regular post form{% endif %} to hide stuff on the post edit page. I might refactor the post form to be separate for the post edit page soon.

fuck i can't even tripfag properly

Coming soon to a local IMAX near you
I'll move the link to the actions menu of the OP, so it's less cluttered.

bump

Finally adding code tags. This was the most retarded journey ever, because I had to debug python-markdown to see why breaks were added inside my tags and why my indentation was deleted. Wasted 4 hours. Hope it's worth it.

This is paradoxical.

Language is important when it comes to speed.

what language do you recommend?

C O M P I L E D L A N G U A G E

And

Fuck off codemankey. This is why people hate techies. They see a problem and think throwing more insecure, spaghetti will fix it. There's a limit to how fast you can read shitposts and write to basketWeaving.html and it's not something that matters as long as you're not a moron running loops. The real problem with image boards is fucking images that eat up latency and contribute to port congestion. Smdh, I've seen so many codemonkeys try to start internet projects without a single iota of networking knowledge.

I don't think so. While Python *is* definitely a slower language, I'm not doing number crunching on this project. Most of the load depends on IO latency and other programs (attachments, thumbnail processing), and a lot of the code is basically manipulating the ORM.

More chances to shoot yourself in the foot. I tried with Go already. We don't have the technology yet.

If you're fresh out of college with no real life work experience and a standard of quality, sure. I used to do some real bad spaghetti. Fuck, I can't stand some of the code in Blazechan itself because of shitty choices I made only 6 months ago. Learning from your mistakes is the only way to progress.

You're not funny, you're as interesting as roadkill and your brain is rotting about as fast. Do something better with your life.

Okay.

Rust has futures, that can be executed on a thread pool. That's how most coroutines are implemented.

I get your point. I think static typing is good too. I was talking about memory management stuff.
as an aside, is there even any statically typed very high level language?

>as an aside, is there even any statically typed very high level language?
POSIX sh

Haskell. But really, you should just use Go. It's not too low level and not too high level for most webdev stuff.

I'm back from my short hiatus. Code markdown syntax is released but I'm fixing a few major bugs I just found, the fixes should land on master soon. I also removed the "Experimental UI" selection and moved it to the experimental-ui branch because people's frontends kept breaking.

I'll come back to it once I'm done with adding features to Blazechan.

Blazechan is in Kotlin now?

no lmao
I was simply testing the code block's syntax capabilities.

twitter.com/nextchan_org/
I probably won't update it much, but FWIW
I'll also create a GS account

Your swastika points the wrong way

why do we need blazechan when uchan already exists github.com/Floens/uchan

>>>/g/

kys intl goon

soon

Probably last bump before this thread dies. Due to personal issues and a lack of free time Blazechan development will be limited to important bugfixes until July. I'm sorry to announce this. I'll still answer questions on IRC and Nextchan will be operational, but don't expect the feature issues to be closed until then.

blessed post

VAPORWARE
A
P
O
R
W
A
R
E

unban tor
cant shitpost with my actual IP

Tor is not handled specially yet. Are you banned with a 400-day ban or something? Someone might have spammed via Tor and we could've banned it. I'll try to put in Tor integration soon.

PROMISEDCHAN
(name liable to future change)

There is a new imageboard-software concept in the works. Addressing the problem of powerful moderating positions being compromised and shitting up the board against the will of board communities and their established board culture.
(See: 4chan 8/b/, 8/pol/, 8/wx/ etc.)

Unfortunately there is a shortage of skilled Holla Forumsanons who are willing to assist in the planning and development of this new imageboard concept, which is holding back development.

If you're interested in assisting in the development of this new imageboard concept, please go to
8ch.net/polk/res/102.html
If the link is broken, try checking the catalog on
8ch.n

I can understand the appeal of trying to create different views for the same board to prevent moderation fuckery; however, isn't this addressed with the ability for users to create their own boards?

I'm pretty sure more or less what you're looking for was already tried with masterchan. No deletions except for illegal content, and no bans ever. It was used almost exclusively for borderline cp, and a couple times actual cp slipped through the cracks and caused the site to get shut down for a while. And checking it now, it seems to be gone.

How about you write some code and then post it here? But it won't make any difference since Holla Forums can't code.

Creating a new board to deal with shit mods and owners is the same as trying to fork software.
Theoretically, sure you can do that. In practice what happens is that unless you have critical mass or extreme personal autism, it will fail and you end up just another dead board/project.

Yeah, no. I'd be interested, if you had any ideas to make normalfags fuck off more.

The Internet is for everyone.

Attached: we came here to laugh at you.jpg (1280x720, 286.93K)

The Internet is actually for everyone. It is the combined collection of people that pay for the network infrastructure that we have today. It would be impossible to pay for this infrastructure if cheap ass pirates who do nothing but leech all day long were the only people who "paid" for the Internet.

Normalfags GTFO
>>>/g/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/reddit/

Not an argument

Either you are here to only shitpost and not do ops (>>>Holla Forums), or you are new here (>>>/reddit/). Either way lurk moar or GTFO

Attached: 02c41a0ff3152165853b99b5f56a8565b03c1500_hq.jpg (559x556, 35.11K)

I can say the exact same for you. Not an argument.

why is this vaporware thread still being bumped? dead project is dead

The source code is in gitgud{dot}io/blazechan/blazechan
The dev was powering through features til recently, having some personal issue, he is coming back in June/July.

V A P O R W A R E

A

P

O

R

W

A

R

E

V A P O R W A V E

It's only vaporwave if it has A E S T H E T I C S.

This could've been decent if OP didn't fall for all of your memes.

Welp, that was a really long hiatus. I'm slowly returning to pushing out features. Going to work on hammering out the issues list.

Attached: Screenshot_20180329_124927.png (878x430, 30.41K)

Thread glitched, fixing with mod.php.

As usual, I would suspect. :^)

True. I get burned out sometimes, and have other projects I want to work on, so I take a break every now and then, plus the lack of motivation because nobody really cares about this.