So, do you think he's supposed to be Mojo or Shadow King?

So, do you think he's supposed to be Mojo or Shadow King?

What even is this?

Of the two, I'd say Shadow King. Amahl Farouk seems like kind of a problematic villain for Current Year +1, though.

It's a still from Legion, a show loosely based on the X-Men character which is being made by one of the guys who made the Fargo show.

In the show, when he lets loose with his powers this monster personality manifests. It's been described as a parasite. It looks a bit different every time we see it, but in general it's a morbidly obese guy with grey skin and yellow eyes and long skinny fingers either floating around or walking around and psychically immolating or otherwise destroying people.

Physically it looks a lot like Mojo, but it also looks like Shadow King, who has a human form of a fat guy but in the astral plane looks like a black demon with yellow eyes. The creature has been described as a psychic parasite, that fits the description as well.

Shadow King

Mojo

Oh I forgot about that. Didn't know it came out already. Is it part of the X-men Fox universe?

Presumably, though they haven't directly stated it yet. So far I don't hate it as much as I thought I would, mostly because the main actor is likable and the way his personalities manifests are like something out of a horror movie and have been building in an entertaining way.

So far the show's a little too obsessed with tweeeeests for my taste though, and all the other mutants we've met have incredibly shitty powers.

-Girl who bodyswaps with whoever she touches, currently for about 30 minutes.
-Guy who can examine people's memories pyschically.
-Telekinetic guy.
-Guy who has a… This one's harder to explain, he has a sister of another race (native american) living inside of his body. While in his body they talk to eachother psychically and he takes on her wounds, she only ages when out of his body. She's obsessed with fighting, but hasn't demonstrated any actual super powers and got beat up by some random thugs.

While I'm touching on the character's powers, in defense of that let me say I'm glad they went the route of just making new characters instead of dredging up some obscure ones and shitting all over them to make them fit the plot. Even if the powers they came up with are kind of lame.

So basically shit powers that won't strain their budget too much.

Basically. Also so far we mostly see the aftermath of Legion using is powers, which looked cool at first but will start to be really annoying.

Basically he starts gaining control of his powers by working with his darker personalities, but they're making him nuts and more malevolent. He says he's going to go to the bad guy's base to rescue his sister, when the others get there it's just corpses everywhere. Soldiers sticking out of the floor in pieces or burnt to a crisp. We primarily only actually see what he did through grainy security cam footage, which I kind of accepted because it has this one great sequence where we can see the shape of the thing in the OP on infrared, whereas before only he could see it and they were convinced it was only in his mind.

I'd say it was an artistic decision, but they had some really shit choreography on some other normal fights that they focused on in slow motion.

Also, Episode 4 ends in a cliffhanger suggesting some serious shit is about to go down, and Episode 5 opens without us actually seeing what he did, just letting us know the situation was resolved, but the antagonist inexplicably wasn't harmed.

Sounds like a real mixed bag.

I thought that was Ivan Ooze for a minute.

legion.
not bad.

I'm guessing it's Shadow King, or even maybe even the guy in the diving suit.

He barely qualifies as human anymore, from the look of things.

Is the full show out?

No, I think it's up to episode 6 so far.

Ah. Well I'll probably try it out. Least it doesn't seem to be Iron Fist levels of bad.

IMO, this and the ending sequence of episode 5 are the best bits so far (Haven't watched episode 6 yet, heard people complaining about it though.)

I actually took a break from this to marathon Iron First, I'm up to episode 5. I don't hate it, but I have problems with it.

There's a thread here for that if you wanna discuss the problems with it.

Once I finish it, I will. I don't want anyone else's comments to influence me until I've done with it. Some of my issues may be addressed in coming episodes, though I doubt it. Others are what I feel are missed opportunities, and everything else are the same problems I had with Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.

I will say I'm enjoying it more than Luke Cage or Jessica Jones, but I'm biased because I absolutely hate both of those characters and love Iron Fist.

Watching the first episode just makes me wish for a Moon Knight show all the more. But Kikeflix will fuck it up somehow.

I can't tell whether that's shitty cgi or a bad coustume

And does that make you uneasy?

I think that might be the point.

I still have no idea what he's even supposed to be though. Some kind of demon or Mojo but that's only because of his appearance.

It's described as a 'demon'.

From reading the wiki pages of Mojo and Shadow King, it seems the latter is more likely culprit since he's possessing Legion. Although I do think the writers might have left it intentionally ambiguous so as to mislead not only the general audience but also those familiar with Mojo and Shadow King.

In that case, I hope it takes on an appearance that's more Shadow King than Mojo but tiny.

No just curious, TV costumes are typical cheap and shit.

Well this one you can get away with pretty easily when it's mostly obscured by random things. Plus it's just a fat suit on a midget painted. That's not exactly costly to make.