Film Noir thread

What are some good Noir's that stand the test of time like (((Roman Polanski's))) "Chinatown"?

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/film/res/3112.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Any film noir showing the true evil nature of the eternal woman? after all that was the whole point of the 'femme fatale', wasn't it?

Double Indemnity
The Big Sleep
Detour

Body Heat does that. Also shows the danger of thinking with muh dik.

le noir looks like fedora tier for old people

Neo Noir is best noir

That one put me to sleep.

The Maltese Falcon

i got some good rec's out of this thread
8ch.net/film/res/3112.html

I dunno, I liked Dial M for Murder. Does that count?

La Noire was such garbage. first time I played an open world game and thought "there's literally no reason for this to even be open world"

BRAVO NOLAN

L.A. Noire has the most baffling plot turn I've ever seen in a video game. I get they were going for a fall from grace thing with Cole, but it was just so poorly executed. There was literally nothing hinting that Cole wasn't satisfied with his wife or family, there was zero sexual chemistry between Cole and the German bitch, and there really isn't a cause for Cole to want to fuck her moreso than literally any other woman in the game. She is uglier than his wife, she is a literal whore, she is a junkie, and she's probably a mudshark based on how she works at a negro jazz club.

No it was simulating a detective's life and city driving is a major part. Unfotunately, there are countless plebs who think "hur dur open world let me do stupid shit and murder people for fun because muh sandbox"

that game is a complete ripoff of this movie tbh

Concerned mom who writes for Gawker detected. Please, do tell us more about how your 8 year old son is "beating a prostitute's pet chihuahua's head in with a baseball bat" and how much the torture scene in GTA V triggered you.

but there's no chihuahuas in GTA V…

The problem wasn't that you couldn't do stupid shit, the problem was that the city was bland and dull to explore. It felt like a cardboard cutout, like driving through a Hollywood set.

LA Noire has no real atmosphere or tension at all, its just CSI: 40s. it doesn't understand that cops in the 40s doesn't magically create noire atmosphere, there needs to be a build up of atmosphere and character, in that regard the game falls flat.

One of my all time favorite movies.
Ignore

Pretty obvious tbh.