Muh Emojis

Apple's latest High Sierra OS was plagued by bugs in its initial release, causing people to hold off updating, at least until the first point-release update wherein bugs are expected to be ironed out. That arrived on October 31, and pic related is the release note. In spite of whatever you may think about Apple, at least they were concerned with technology in the past, now the first bullet point, highest priority message to their users is: 70 fucking gender neutral emojis. What the fuck? I miss Steve Jobs.

Emojis were a mistake

This

Yes. Throughout the week much time has been wasted on debating Google's hamburger emoji. Why can't we make technology great again?

Because it became too simple and normies did what they do best - fucks things up.

- World wide web? Naw, we facebook, now. Social media is cancer.

- Programming? It's been dumbed down to the point where there's a node.js module for fucking left padding a string and detecting if an integer is positive.

- Hobby electronics? Arduino has made it an absolute joke.

- Computers in general? DOS is toooo haaaaarrrrddd...I want colorful idiocracy-style pictograms

Etcetera, etcetera

The solution is to take technology away from normies.

Who decides who is normie and who is not?

i love the funky emoji

Rule of thumb: if you use emoji, you're a filthy normie.

The solution is to stop sperging out about normies and don't use things designed for them.

You're on Holla Forums, you are not require to use facebook.
Nobody is stopping you from programming everything in asm or haskell.
Just program AVRs in plain C. Or use ARM, PIC or other microcontrollers or even go balls deep and create lisp machines on FPGAs. Hobby electronics is now better than ever. Thanks to ebay you have access to incredible amount of devices at ridiculously low prices. PCB manufacturing is also incredibly cheap. Arduino is not for engineers, it's for artists.
What's stopping your form running DOS?

I admit that there is a problem with community, it's hard to find other people to enjoy your hobbies with. Imageboards could be a great platform for discussion, but thanks to Holla Forums all turned to shit. There is literary no thread without someone pointing out jews or niggers. It's stupid and it kills the discussion. Also all people who tell others to kys, put more effort in your posts or go back to Holla Forums, Holla Forums or any other containment area on the internet. This thread is an example of spreading bad vibes. Out of million other topics OP could create a thread about, he decides to create thread about an useless update for an operating system. This is a problem, as he knew exactly, that type of people lurking here will have bad things to say about contents of this update. Users then posted expected responses and OP got happy, as he was able to reassure that other people are of the same thoughts as him. I hope you see why this is wrong and in the end bad for OP and everyone else. Of course everything will seem to be shit, if all day and every day you read about shit you don't like. It's like you need to hear about SJWs and crappy software, otherwise you become irritated like a meth addict who hadn't had a fix for a month. Please think hard about this, we don't have to be stuck in this horrible state for eternity.

No one talked about 'niggers' and 'jews' until you did. Apple is a major operating system, and this is what they wrote in their release notes. It is this garbage is that is being foisted on people, not Holla Forums.

Apple->MacOS

The only thing you can do is find smaller boards that arent overrun with this autism. They'll screech than anyone left of them is literally antifa and if you dont trumpet their propoganda from the rooftops you're a niggerdick loving kike tranny sjw whateverthefuck.
Just post elsewhere. Itll be nearly dead but you can spend the newfound free time doing your hobby, and make higher quality posts when you do. Small, slow places like that provide an opportunity to keep the atmosphere and the quality higher.

FUCKING THIS.

I was talking about Holla Forums in general. Go to any sufficiently large thread and 95% of the time someone will be talking about niggers and jews.

The real issue here is that OP unnecessarily emphasized gender neutral thing. Clearly this "garbage that is being foisted on people" is a political issue and not something that should be discussed on technology focused board. Be honest here. What useful information will we get from this thread? There aren't any technological breakthroughs mentioned in image or post, fixed issues are boring bug fixes, not even related to security so that we may discuss implications of vulnerabilities and post only affects MacOS users, which in itself is fine if OP's purpose was to inform users about important update, but clearly his intent was to inject politics in to Holla Forums. And then tells me

I learned that Apple continues to be on the decline as they prioritize virtue signalling instead of addressing issues in their operating system and addressing the needs of their pro-customers. Why should we pretend that isn't happening? It seems you're outraged that people are noticing. Now what do I learn from Holla Forums in general? Honestly, very little. It's a parade of constant accusations of Holla Forums, leftypol, "just use rust", "cuck license" and the old venerable "install gentoo" trolling. It was never something to be taken seriously, but the pasttime is running its course.

I should spend my free time working more on various hobby projects and studying math.

FAGGOT DETECTED

What do I do then if I want computing to be enriching and practical?

It's not an issue of why or whether we should we talk about this but where. If I were interested in politics, I would be browsing some flavor of politically focused board. There is even >>>/poltech/ if you want to discuss technology with a side of politics.
I'm not outraged about "people noticing Apple's decline", I just don't care about it. Constantly looking for sjw fuckery is bad for your mental health. It's necessary to reject irrational ideas, but nothing bad will happen if Apple adds some stupid pictures to their OS.

Just hide the threads if they trigger you. It isn't against board rules so toughen up faggot.

Everything triggers the Holla Forums babies. They have the right to shit up the Holla Forums board in every thread but the people who actually want to talk tech has to hide the shit threads?

If you need to make a dozen shitposts about how triggered you are, do it on your containment board or go back to halfchan where we left you.