Anti Rust shills on suicide watch
Basically new incremental compilation BTFO all other languages
internals.rust-lang.org/t/help-us-benchmark-incremental-compilation/6153
reddit.com/r/rust/comments/7a9god/help_us_benchmark_incremental_compilation/

Other urls found in this thread:

internals.rust-lang.org/t/help-us-benchmark-incremental-compilation/6153/23
play.rust-lang.org/?gist=50e18bbb0512dfc13cf3c9edaeade188
github.com/rust-lang/crates.io
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof_(philosophy)
forum.nim-lang.org/t/2332#14329
serde.rs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock
latimes.com/local/california/la-me-sheriff-guns-20150614-story.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

inb4 >reddit
not an argument desu

kill yourself

Let us know when it drops the CoC, until then you have no argument. Now kys.

this guy looks like he gets off to watching his boyfriend get fucked in the ass

The anti Rust shills are understandably out in full force.

Good thread, OP.

Anti-rust shills are contrarian morons.

okay kid.

you are obviously not from here. go back to /r/rust

To the last humans who frequent this board
why Holla Forums, why are the rust shills forcing their shit onto us every fucking single day? Why?

The anti Rust shills are even worse tbh!

Because we realize a memory and thread safe future is an absolute necessity.
I'm sick and tired of buggy code. If Rust replaces C++, we are guaranteed a bug free future.

They're not rust shills, they're emasculated goons who believe shitting in someone else's street will cure their mental ills in the same way she-boons in zimbabwe believe raping white men will cure their aids

how about you write code that isn't full of bugs instead of sucking dick

lol

Literally reddit the programmer.

PHP was memory and thread safe in 1994.

Holy fuck, is that the faggot that came up with this language? Makes Poettering look normal by comparison.

So desperate that you don't notice the programs they are reporting numbers for are tiny? cargo-script is only 8 files with a total of 4.2k lines. The only person with anything slightly bigger than toy project,
154.71s of CPU time for a non-change of one file. RUST SHILLS BTFO.

Stop lying.
This is the time without incremental compilation turned on. ANTI RUST SHILLS BTFO.

why is his face so freaking punchable?

Because I'm an antifaggot

LOL
internals.rust-lang.org/t/help-us-benchmark-incremental-compilation/6153/23

dohoho, a bit sensitive, Steve?
The only project larger than a toy project I saw listed there suffered a TWO MINUTE recompile for a non-change. And it's not even very big!

Holy shit, even perl 6 is faster than this ruby circlejerk

But that is simply not true. Anyone with eyes can see that from your screenshot.
The time for a recompile for a non-change is

What's wrong, Steve? Too real for you?
The funniest thing: this is the biggest project I could find listed BUT IT'S STILL SMALL.

rust is unsafe since 2015 play.rust-lang.org/?gist=50e18bbb0512dfc13cf3c9edaeade188

LOL. Good job disproving yourself you faggot.

it is a bug soon to be fixed

btw thanks for reposting my OC

Wrong. We decided to majorly overhaul borrowck instead of patching a broken mess.

not an argument desu
it's missing for 2 years

why are you taking the bait ? do you honestly thing these are real rust shills? on my Taiwanese basket weaving board ?

so you make rust threads for fun posting and jimmy rustling?

Of course I am a real Rust shill

Both. Also to shill Rust.

So is rust literally the best language ever now?

It already was since v1.0. Only niggers care about

so?

wtf I love rust now?!

so if it fails at all those...what are its strong points?

if you use it you'll get all of the blue haired ladies

just checked the 2017 stack overflow survey and it says that rust is the most loved language as well as best payed concerning full time devs.

Hey Faggots,

My name is John, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day debugging buffer overflows. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any pussy? I mean, I guess it's fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to pictures on reddit.

Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I'm pretty much perfect. I was the leader of the lgbtqa+++ club, and seeker on my Quidditch team. What sports do you play, other than "get jacked off by your aryan wife"? I also get straight A's in all of my cultural anthropology classes, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just blew me; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It's me and my bitch

do they have penis?

so what that's klabnikstein and his donation money?

lol compile times. This is exactly how those CLANG/LLVM people shilled. And they got done and realized that their code ran slower.

No thanks, I don't have infinite time.

More like a future where memory bugs are replaced with logic bugs, because rust shitcoders are morons who are afraid of having to think critically about their code (or else why would they bother with rust?).

It's strong points are:

Rust. Make your mistakes correctly.

Sounds like another Ruby.

Reminder that Stack Overflow is Expert Sexchange 2.0 and if anyone "loves" a language there, it's because they're too fucking stupid to solve their own problems in it

Rust kinda feels like a bunch of C++ nerds forked the original language to make their own spinoff and there just isn't enough in it to switch over.

Go feels like the same thing, but I can do some swanky network shit with it that I can't do with C++. Is there anything major (from a programmer's perspective) that I can do that I can't with C++?

Suicide is your only option.

In Go? You can throw code/binaries over the wall and not have to field retarded end user installation questions all day long. The language is optimized for getting shit done.

yes
But that is where you are wrong, kiddo.

You mean copy pasting stuff all over the place because lol no generics, right?

My Rust threads are actually Holla Forums though.

nice meme

No, they're just goon shitposting. You don't even code in rust. All our programming challenge threads have at best one rust entry and it's usually one of the worst or has the author ragequit. There is no value to these threads as you don't have the knowledge to make them interesting even if that was your goal.

LOL. There is only one challenge thread and only queen and most solutions were absolute fucking shit written in gc'ed scripting languages. Queen and I were the only ones who actually wrote fast solutions. Btw where is your solution??? Also I didn't ragequit, I admitted defeat to queen.
What makes you think my intention is to make these threads valuable? Im pretty much just shitposting. Holla Forums is a fucking dump only a bit better than /g/.
Actually I know quite a bit about Rust. Why don't you go ahead and ask me something? But you won't because you are just a LARPing nodev whose only opinions about Rust are those listed here:

did you forget that the best entry was c++?
was that yours?
didnt think so..

That was queens though

queen wrote in c you dumbfuck

Let me guess: You weren't even part of the thread, right? You are just a nodev. Don't ever talk to me again.

did you write the rust version that didn't work because it crashed?
laughable

Here are the solutions, which one is yours?

The C++ entry was only the best according to the Pajeet site. It was more than 12 times slower than queen's C code, but used 24k less ram which the site gave a super high score to for some reason.

It didn't crash though. Nice try being dishonest you faggot.
Btw where is your solution?

Search for "fn main". Where is yours?

Meant Rust, shitty stream of consciousness on my end.

there's only 1 rust faggot on Holla Forums and xir shills it 20 hours a day

Look at those fat undeveloped cheeks.

wtf i love rust now

good

Seriously, kill yourself.

No?????????????????

Leave, you are a cancer, go shill for your shekels elsewhere.

No????????????????????????????????????????????????????

yes

meanwhile in gopher world...

~/git/nntpchan [master c]x > time makerm -f /home/jeff/git/nntpchan/contrib/static/nntpchan.jsrm -f /home/jeff/git/nntpchan/srndv2GOROOT=/home/jeff/local/go/root make -C /home/jeff/git/nntpchan/contrib/backends/srndv2 cleanmake[1]: Entering directory '/home/jeff/git/nntpchan/contrib/backends/srndv2'GOPATH=/home/jeff/git/nntpchan/contrib/backends/srndv2 GOROOT=/home/jeff/local/go/root /home/jeff/local/go/root/bin/go clean -vmake[1]: Leaving directory '/home/jeff/git/nntpchan/contrib/backends/srndv2'rm -f /home/jeff/git/nntpchan/contrib/static/nntpchan.jsfor f in /home/jeff/git/nntpchan/contrib/js/contrib/*.js ; do /home/jeff/git/nntpchan/go/bin/minify --mime=text/javascript >> /home/jeff/git/nntpchan/contrib/static/nntpchan.js < $f ; done/home/jeff/git/nntpchan/go/bin/minify --mime=text/javascript >> /home/jeff/git/nntpchan/contrib/static/nntpchan.js < /home/jeff/git/nntpchan/contrib/js/entry.jsfor f in /home/jeff/git/nntpchan/contrib/js/nntpchan/*.js ; do /home/jeff/git/nntpchan/go/bin/minify --mime=text/javascript >> /home/jeff/git/nntpchan/contrib/static/nntpchan.js < $f ; donefor f in /home/jeff/git/nntpchan/contrib/js/vendor/*.js ; do /home/jeff/git/nntpchan/go/bin/minify --mime=text/javascript >> /home/jeff/git/nntpchan/contrib/static/nntpchan.js < $f ; doneGOROOT=/home/jeff/local/go/root make -C /home/jeff/git/nntpchan/contrib/backends/srndv2make[1]: Entering directory '/home/jeff/git/nntpchan/contrib/backends/srndv2'GOPATH=/home/jeff/git/nntpchan/contrib/backends/srndv2 GOROOT=/home/jeff/local/go/root /home/jeff/local/go/root/bin/go build -ldflags "-X srnd.GitVersion=-de253fb" -vsrnd/vendor/edwards25519srnd/vendor/github.com/mvdan/xurlssrnd/vendor/github.com/cbroglie/mustachesrnd/vendor/github.com/majestrate/configparsersrnd/vendor/github.com/lib/pq/oidsrnd/vendor/github.com/pkg/errorssrnd/vendor/github.com/dchest/blake2bsrnd/vendor/github.com/dchest/captchasrnd/vendor/github.com/gorilla/securecookiesrnd/vendor/github.com/gorilla/muxsrnd/vendor/github.com/gorilla/contextsrnd/vendor/github.com/gorilla/websocketsrnd/vendor/github.com/lib/pqsrnd/vendor/golang.org/x/crypto/ed25519/internal/edwards25519srnd/vendor/golang.org/x/text/internal/tagsrnd/vendor/github.com/gorilla/csrfsrnd/vendor/github.com/gorilla/sessionssrnd/vendor/golang.org/x/text/languagesrnd/vendor/gopkg.in/tylerb/graceful.v1srnd/vendor/golang.org/x/crypto/ed25519srnd_/home/jeff/git/nntpchan/contrib/backends/srndv2make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/jeff/git/nntpchan/contrib/backends/srndv2'cp /home/jeff/git/nntpchan/contrib/backends/srndv2/srndv2 /home/jeff/git/nntpchan/srndv2make 6.15s user 0.71s system 219% cpu 3.120 total

according to cloc all the go code built is 445k loc

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Language files blank comment code-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Go 684 15236 31644 445379

I'm more like anti COC otherwise I don't care if rust makes it from the pile of language dustbin.
Remove the COC insanity and you'll have less animosity from the tech world.

Wow how amazing. Who would have thought that writing a lot of generic code results in more work for the compiler?

templated functions are bad and you should feel bad for using them.

Rust has no templates. If you mean generics, you actually don't have to use them.

yet people do resulting in massive slowdowns.
everyone needs to go back to using a C style public api with C++ for the internal implementation, life would be easier for everyone and people will thank you for not falling for the name mangling meme.

But it results in massive speedups at runtime.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. C is absolute fucking trash.
I actually quite like having modules.

C for public api and C++ for internal implementation works great for what I need as I do not require kid gloves.

Absolute cancer. I would rather run a HTTP server + JSON instead of using anything C.

are you going to articulate any problems with this style or just going to continue to spout el ebin meeeeemz?

LOL. C is cancer. Prove me wrong, kiddo.
Protip: You can't

you made a statement: "C is cancer"
expand on that, why is C cancer?

i'm not a cumguzzing faggot and I use C.
you are a cumguzzing faggot and you don't use C.

Yes, I would like to learn how program in HTTP server + JSON

I wonder what language http server is written in?
rust?
no
apache and nginx are written in C

i don't know i've never heard of it

where's rust?

I don't know. You tell me.
github.com/rust-lang/crates.io

at this point everyone in the tech world is a cuck that loves coc(k)s

i don't see any cates.io on rust-lang.org

What is your point?
Is it just "lol this static website rust-lang.org isn't written in rust LOL"? If so it is on a similar low energy level as >muh syntax >muh coc

is it running hyper?

Why are you fixating so hard on rust-lang.org? It is an extremely simple static site. Maybe it is because you are an anti rust shill???????

You're the one who started it.
I pity you, I pity you because you won't convince anyone here that rust is a good language.
It was made by a despicable company supported by a despicable community.
You won't get support because they are people who make choices that aren't made for the common good no one gets advantages except themselves.

I care to interject:
forum.nim-lang.org/t/2332#14329
People aren't that dumb but a lot are afraid of those who pull out the COC persecution system.

lol. it's like you didn't heed the protip

How good is Rust at web interfaces? How is its JSON handling in comparison to Golang and Python? I remember Pythons handling of JSON objects being really easy with dictionaries and Golangs just being extremely tedious and autistic

literally any program written in c has suffered because of its bullshit. finding proof of c's shittiness is really one of the easiest things there is.

Rust has pretty much the best serialization/deserialization library of all languages.
serde.rs

Any programming language has flaws even those like rust who claims to be perfect, even D, ADA, PERL any language has defaults but they can be mitigated by improving your methodology.
I didn't ask you to prove what kind of problem C has I am asking you to prove how rust can make developers stops doing bad code.
I've being doing team/human management for a long time and the only thing that gets people stopping from doing something that is harmful is only themselves, when they take the decision of that.
If you put rust or any other languages in the hands of someone who doesn't care about security or quality you'll have the same problems with time the only long term solution is people that are willing to educate and better themselves.
Compilers or languages don't do bad code people do.

The damage C has caused is unparalleled. Trying to downplay it by saying that other languages aren't perfect either is just beyond pathetic.
Wrong. I made the claim that C is cancer, you said that i would have to proof that.
LOL. By that same logic guns having a safety is unnecessary.

lol
Not even the boost guys were crazy enough to resurrect serialization-by-template.

It is unnecessary. Glocks don't have them.

not an argument

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock

latimes.com/local/california/la-me-sheriff-guns-20150614-story.html
Even trained professionals aren't qualified to operate firearms. The second ammendment was a big fat mistake.
If you aren't in favor for common sense gun control laws in 2017 you should consider dying in a fire.

Every kid in America used to get a squirrel gun as a coming of age present and we didn't shoot ourselves. Give them to spics and spic cops in LA and it's a bloodbath. Clearly guns are the problem and should be taken away from Americans while we import more spics.

Marketing. They have no manual safety - you pull the trigger and it goes bang. Not having a safety was a deliberate decision as Gaston felt safeties are more likely to cause accidents through having forgotten to disable it before firing and being fatally enriched.

maybe because rust is a shit language and nothing of value uses it or will ever use it.

You do know cars kill more than guns, right? On second thought, now that sandniggers are using trucks against us you may be in favor of banning assault trucks since obviously the tool is at fault despite the problem being non-existent before.
What you consider "common sense" is senseless and, fortunately, quite uncommon. As points out, White kids used to get guns. Schools even had shooting ranges and chemistry kits actually came with stuff and it was fine. Only faggots like you who were coddled all their pathetic lives and the criminals you love can't be trusted with a gun.
Even if we could magically remove all guns (we can't, tough fucking luck commie) it would be a bad move. Guns are equalizers, a gun in the hand of a woman is as deadly as a gun in the hand of a gorilla. You take guns away and women have no chance of defending themselves.

Can confirm. I'm 40 and had guns and chemistry sets with all manner of deadly things as a kid yet somehow no one in our white, Christian neighborhood went on a killing spree. I also had a cap revolver that looked exactly like a real revolver (even had a metal barrel, as this was before everything was chinkified) and aimed it at a cop and we had a mock shootout without anyone dying. Even had lawn darts but those were just a fundamentally bad idea.

I'm 35 and had similar experiences. Even played with lawn darts at a cottage (summer vacation home) because they were still there in the shed. Yeah, we played with them by throwing them straight up then scattering. Nothing bad happened to us but those were a bad idea.

Also grew up with firearms but those were presented in such a way as if it was a massive responsibility. I don't know how to put it but I felt adult responsibility for the first time when handed that .410 (or before that with the daisy bb gun but not as much so), always with an explanation of the seriousness and an outing with something about respect for nature. I don't think libtards understand this because they didn't experience it.

Goddamn guys. Calm down I was only baiting.

stop baiting retards fam

agreed. you would have to be fucking retarded to take bait this obvious.

Reminder that these threads are neither shilling for rust nor false-flagging against it, but are in fact designed solely to shit up this board

Actually I made this thread to trigger all the anti rust shills. Shilling rust on Holla Forums is hopeless because mostly LARPers frequent this board.

I promise to never use Rust because of these fucking imbecilic, tattoo sleeved faggots. Learn to dress as a mid-century scientist rather than some skateboarding inverted penis.

do i need to learn rust to get a sweet silicon valley job as a desk jockey?

Nah, just cut your dick off, spread hatred for white men, and put "tech evangelist" in your bio.

Too edgy four me
>>>/4chan/

Are generics really that necessary? This seems to be a heated point of discussion, and it's hard to get a serious, reasonable answer.
I don't recall ever really needing them in other languages (but maybe I'm blind and totally missed it). Are there other datatypes/methods that are better? It seems passing around "interface{}" is a pretty retarded shim, unless I'm missing something big.

has the language been made more understandable yet?
In all seriousness, the last time I checked, they were using nearly every key on the keyboard.

i am sorry, what?
we are making a big deal about how fast you can compile it?
workstations have massive hardware and render farms just to solve this
this worse than SLOC debate
what you can do with it as efficiently and conveniently as possible is what matters

Holla Forums has no mods.

rust isn't for you. use python or some other babby tier language

sage negated

Hi, newfriend. Welcome to systems development. In large projects, this becomes a huge factor.
Consider how many compile time improving tools there are for C, a language where incremental recompilation is already quite fast. Ask yourself why has there been so much attention to it if it's already fast. You should be able to reason about the fire given all that smoke.

fuck off, no one asked your opinion

Translation: I don't know how to program.

Rust Shills are literally the tech equivalents of incompetant tradesmen who blame their tools whenever they fail.

don't write huge monolithic shitcode and you'll never have to worry about compile times

(((STEVE KLABNIK)))

Huge monolithic shitcode runs the world. Compile chromium tonight and get back to me about how compile times don't matter. I'll await your post on Monday.

Thanks for helping me through the morning

This is my thread though

Backpfeifengesicht.

Blame the rustaceans they deserve to be boil for their bullshit.

kys

(checked)
stimme dir zu

(checked)
Every single rust thread anti rust shills immediately shit it up. How are rustaceans at fault for this??????

anti sage