South Park

Is South Park over because Donald Trump being PoTUS is funner than anything SP can do?
theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/02/south-parks-creators-are-giving-up-on-satirizing-trump/515616/

Other urls found in this thread:

revisionisthistory.com/episodes/10-the-satire-paradox
youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8
youtube.com/watch?v=FKxaL8Iau8Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They'll only stop when they're canceled

They never tried to satirize him anyway. As in, they never put in effort because they're just a couple of cucks now. Too obsessed with surface images to make any meaningful commentary that actually understands what it's mocking.

What are you talking about OP?
SP hasn't been funny since Assburgers

"wew reality so funny we can't make it funnier"

Didn't Charlie Brooker use this excuse when he stopped making TVGoHome? Apparently real television had become so stupid that it was impossible to satirise… though actually British TV has gotten considerably better since the early 2000's. Seiously, there was reality shows about finding the worst toilet and shit. Even ultrapozzed Doctor Who is better than that.

Matt and Trey don't actually get to decide whether or not South Park ends and when. Whoever is holding their leashes at Viacom does. I still think they can be funny but they are basically Viacom's Ass-slaves at this point.

They could be funny if they just did what they were doing before they became lazy niggers and just inserted current events in the week's episode making them the center piece and only theme the rest of the show revolves around ,but they won't do it. They won't do it though because they discovered the easy life doing their "animated" show without actualy having to animate anything in the real sense , just write a semi-decent script for it and have some half assed attempt at a 9 year old's finger puppet show spew jokes mixed with references to events around the world (current or not) for 10 minutes all tied up neatly with a moral educative pink ribbon in the end ; and then they discovered they could get away without even having to bother with all that so they found the even easier life

tl;dr
no

This is old news and I posted this waaay back in January.

They really bit off more than they could chew and expected Hillary to win right up til the moment she didn't, now they're flailing.

It is impressively impossible to satirise Trump, American politics is in completely unknown waters now.

Didnt they say they wouldnt use trump because that would mean they were acknowledging him or something like that?

I think the show hasn't been good in probably over a decade now.

How about you come up with an actual rebuttal you truthseeker wannabe?
I see you posting these condescending bugs reaction images and never explaining yourself.
What exactly is anybody supposed to get from this?
Do you think everyone here is a bunch of normalfags that change their opinions at the drop of a reaction image?
Oh no! You posted a picture of a cartoon rabbit giving me a look, obviously that means everything I believe in is wrong.

He's just an avatarfag.

I have noticed that the best Trump jokes come from people who actually like him, while people who hate Trump only have the same few phrases they cycle around.

South Park made a huge mistake in turning Mr Garrison into Trump. At first they didn't expect him to even win the candidacy and made him into the Canadian president as a one-off joke. Then he won the candidacy and they made him into Mr Garrison, even though Garrison is nothing like Trump. You cannot just graft jokes about one onto the other.

What South Park should have done was either have Garrison drop out of the race and go back to normal, or go really crazy and make Garrison a 3rd party candidate who is even more fucked up than Trump and Clinton. They could have even made Garrison win and keep him as his character. Now South Park would no longer be in sync with reality, but who cares, they already lost it long ago.

But no, instead they did not expect Trump to win, they wrote the entire season with Clinton as president, and then they had to scrap everything at the last minute. What a bunch of idiots.

Such as?

They're not idiots, they're Jews who were working in tandem with the rest of the media to try to destroy Trump. They failed.

Himself. Trump is naturally funny, making fun of him is like making fun of Jerry Seinfeld, it just doesn't work.

Like most of Holla Forums really.

It's the natural law of comedy.

When people who like Star Trek Make a spoof, they make Galaxy Quest. When people who Hated Star Trek Made a parody they made Star Wreck.

The usual problem the anti-Trump crowd runs into is they know little about Trump and so they just regurgitate comments they've heard on a few shows like the Daily Show or Current Year Man. So they'll try to make a joke like "technically the US is going to be paying for the border wall aren't those Trump supporters so stupid hurr durr", while the pro-Trump crowd is just thinking "well yeah when people said Mexico would pay for the wall it was accepted it meant through affecting the trade deficit or tariffs or whatever else, not that they'd be sent a bill".

SP has been dead to me since they popularized shit like WoW.

They're not even that clever. They just spew kiddie-tier jokes about his hair, skin color and the size of his hand, or just call him the Devil or a monster. Not even cracks about his policy or his 80s/90s shenanigans. And then they act surprised as to why they lost.

The only jokes I see Tumblrites make about Trump is that he's Hitler, or he's a Cheetoh.

That's all I see, ever.

you can't expect these people to be able to properly interpret words, they literally need everything spelled out for them.

That was one of their best episodes

I don't think most of them have even see an alternative viewpoint in the news they consume. So they don't even have the chance to properly interpret some story in order to know what's going on.

Like with the small hands comment, that got popularized because Trump joked during a debate about how deranged a criticism it was and how he was pretty well endowed. Places like the Daily Show try turning jokes Trump makes into hits against him which when regurgitated by liberals just comes across as deranged.

Can't we have both?
Like a Cheetler?

I'm sure there's art somewhere of Chester Cheetah dressed in an SS uniform.

I know for a fact Samuli Torssonen absolutely LOVED babylon 5 and star trek. Stop talking out of your bunghole you damn dirty ape!

the cheetohcaust didn't happen, but it should have and it will

That's a dangerously cheesy opinion, user.

Does anyone else here think that the early 2000s was the last era for experimental/surreal comedy to really succeed? MADtv, Chappelle Show, South Park, Adult Swim (Aqua Teen, Metalocalypse, Harvey Birdman, etc.), Code Monkeys, Attack of The Show…
MDE and Eric Andre seem to be popularizing it again so that's pretty good.

South Park from 2000 - 2007 was groundbreaking. It truly was different than anything on mainstream television and TV altogether and even though it was not only clever and criticized social norms, it was also entirely surreal and strange but at the same time, it was accessible to mainstream audiences. Or at the time atleast. SP will never have the same magic it had. The humor has lost it's subtlety and most of its jokes now aren't.. well-written. At all. It takes such an obvious joke and rides on it the whole episode. SP also used to have clever one-liners, unique characters and plot twists most wouldn't expect. It was far superior than anything fucking Family Guy ever did. South Park went to crap in 2008 in my opinion. There have been a couple of decent episodes from over the years past that but they're rare. The one thing we can all agree on though is that this season was garbage and I am incredibly disappointed. Never have I felt so let down. The whole premise of the season was so fucking dumb too. It easily could've been fit into a two-parter. Why stretch such a boring story into an entire season when something like Imaginationland was only two episodes and it was far more exciting. I only watched this season because I enjoyed the last one so much and the idea of continuity had potential to spice things up. Maybe it's time for them to hire new writers.

gotta let the Holla Forumstards know they're not wanted

not worth a reply though

live fast

This is probably the best choice Matt and Trey have had in years. I won't pretend to know the reason why but like or him hate him Trump is a better comedian than people even realize. The guy is trolling IRL more and longer than most IRL trolls alive.

If at the very least this, they will save their show from being one of the countless TV shows that dedicate hours of time and energy to reminding people that Trump exists. I don't think that will save the show, I think it's sucked since Season 12 and that's being generous, but it will free up potential time on perhaps making better episodes. Personally, when South Park stopped making the bulk of its humor being about a bunch of kids being clueless about adult topics, it lost a lot of what made it good.

>>>/auschwitz/

SP is just like the Simpsons. It's one of those things that I'm always surprised to hear still exists. It should've ended a long, long time ago.

What threats? He is still backing Israel and Saudi Arabia, he is still not going to remove sanctions from Russia and recognize Crimea, and America is still going to fund color revolutions and NATO. The only change is that the America is now going to antagonize China in addition to Russia. And here we were, hoping that he will pursue the isolationism and change the America's status as global shit Midas. But nooooo. I wonder how Zyklon Ben and that redpanels guy feel about Trump spending their tax money to keep shitting up other countries.

Absolutely. Somehow South Park became a show about four adult midgets who for some reason are eternally stuck in 4th grade.

I want them.

You have no room to talk about who's not wanted Truthseeker.

I honestly think it might have been accidental. Like matt and trey got older, found it harder to write children as realistic children and just ended up making the boys adults.

Case in point, the episode "Lil Crimestoppers" is hilarious because the boys are playing detective, and get made into actual cops. Then they have to bust meth labs while worrying about schoolwork and not knowing what meth is.

They have children. If anything it should be easier to write children now that they've got them than it was when they were in their 20s/30s and neither had children nor remembered as clearly what it was like to be a child.

Trey and Matt just got lazy.

Maybe it would be more…uncomfortable for them writing South Park with their kids in mind?

Well, seeing as they actually use their kids in production (mainly to voice Ike) I don't buy that argument.

They didn't want to use trump because they said he was an easy target. They really didn't have to do anything to make fun of him. It's either a respectful or an incredibly insulting comment really.

Didn't find one, so I had to make one.
Praise Memes

Kind of like with Bush. They didn't make jokes of Bush because it was overdone at the time.

Nice user.

But they did make Bush jokes. It's just that back then they weren't SO far up their own asses with their political opinions that they didn't need to make Bush jokes all the time, because they could make comedy out of other things. They didn't preach constantly, they instead behaved like comedians.

I guess I forgot about them making Bush jokes because they didn't over do it like everyone else at the time.

When they did, they always made sure it was about things that Bush DID, rather than jokes about his personality. (See: most of Team America)

Seems like if they wanted to do Trump jokes that would be the best way to do it.

Yeah the only ones I can remember are the episode about the turd in the urinal, and

They had a Canadian Stand in for Trump raped up the ass by Garrison, who then becomes their shitty stand in for Trump for the rest of the season. "He was too easy a target" "we didn't want to acknowledge him", they are lying through their goddamn teeth at this point and they didn't even make fun of Hillary.

Second. They were on board with Hillary just like everyone else in Hollywood because they listen to all the same media. Matt & Trey have gotten old and soft.

I just now realized "Potus" means "President of the United States."

I thought it was short for something

It is short for something

The worst part is they used to be outside enough to know that Hillary at least deserved to be made fun of. In fact they had made fun of her like nine years prior, which shows how far they've fallen

Pretty much. Brooker did an article about doing a reality show about a touch-the-truck contest, as no one would want to watch that boring shit.

A year later after that article was written, a reality to show exactly like that was made, and made Brooker rage-quit from writing any articles about tvgohome.

Funny you mention Brooker as I feel he's in the same situation as Matt and Trey, and is why he's no longer funny or brash like them anymore. Simply because they're all pretty much celebs now who are in showbiz and they don't won't to be treading on anyone's feet now.

Brooker's also got a minority wife like Trey and Matt

you nigger

So there won't be any references to the fucking president or politics related to him in the next season of SP?
Does this mean they might take SP back to it's non-political, non-social commentary roots?

It's been ages since we had a kids being kids ep. Much rather have those eps than kids being university lecturers off social science or poltical studies eps.

In a better world, maybe.

Of course not.

Matt and Trey primarily try doing episodes based on what they've seen is popular in the MSM to talk about and the only thing the MSM will talk about is Trump.

It also doesn't help that they have a team of hipsters/feminist writers working on the show that will want to shove in politics somehow.

Yeah, like that time they shat on transgender bathrooms or SJWism.

When was the first time South Park did a depiction of a standing US President?

From what I can remember, season 2, the episode 'Cartman's Mom is Still a Dirty Slut'. Liane Cartman sleeps with Bill Clinton

The writing team for South Park is not that big and is, most importantly, controlled by Trey and Matt. Unlike say The Simpsons writing team, which is huge and which is mostly left to its own devices, seeing no intervention from Matt Groening or anyone who actually made the series successful

Actually they only could give non-answers at best.

It asked the question "Could perverts and opportunists abuse this?" their answer "Yes…thats why we should allow them to do it"

With the SJWs they implied that most of them just wanted pussy. This is true but what about the ones that didn't? Like the true monsters of SJW-ism aren't the loud screachy kind. EVERYBODY can mock those.

But the quiet ones that say "Well why SHOULD he be allowed a platform?"

South Park hasn't been controversial in years. And Im not saying the should do it to be edgy. Im saying they play it safe.

I didn't expect much when I clicked but this had a surprising amount of skill/effort put into it, props.

Watching some of the protest videos makes me wonder how these people are even outraged or motivated enough to get out there and spends hours protesting and rioting.

And that's so fucking many of these people.

A lot of us went through that edgy intellectual atheist phase where we called people "Sheeple" because they believed or liked something you didn't.. but holy shit, these people will just believe anything you tell them. SNL writes a skit where Trump is a Russian puppet and they just assume that is the undeniable truth. Someone tweets that Sean Spicers has angry meltdowns at every press briefing, and now these people just believe that Spicer is a hair-trigger lunatic who rants and raves about MOOSE-LAMBS.

I wouldn't hate these people as much as I do if they just had a modicum of wit and the good sense to pay attention to shit that's actually happening.

I know the technique for dealing with these people is usually "agree and amplify" to demonstrate how fucking stupid they are, but it feels like if they get amplified any more they're going to kick off the second American Civil War.

I mean fuck they're already actively calling for Trump's assassination on Twitter and Twitter is just leaving that shit up even when it's reported, letting them build themselves into a hate frenzy.

I love the left talking about the military siding with them when they heap such disdain on people who enlist

Yeah, COs might turn, but the rank and file and old guard will be pissed

Oh the irony

Groening's a huge SJW today though isn't he?

I dunno. I wouldn't doubt it

He seems like an old school hippie who may be left on a lot of issues, but I can imagine him being disgusted with trains, gays and Hispanics. Who knows

But I reckon who doesn't give a fuck anymore.

From one of his edgy bunny comics of the old days.

If they understood him they wouldn't mock him

People who understand him mock him extra hard, all the time.

Here is the thing South Park forgotten what makes satire funny. When they made the NAMbLA episode, they said that the episode was only really funny if you knew that NAMbLA is a real thing and not something that they made up.

Later they they made a joke about people pooping blood when eating Chipotle even they said that they actually think Chipotle is healthier than other fast food restaurant because they thought that it would be funny. Even later in Season 18, they did the "Gluten Free Ebola" which had the twist that gluten was actually bad.

The thing is that satire is only really funny if it based on some truth. Matt and Trey tried to be clever by subverting expectations which it is how it works in other forms of comedy but not in satire. This webm (minus the the gay Leftist bullshit) explains the problem of approaching satire like normal kind of humor. That is why stupid shit like on-going plots, world building, character development and plot twists aren't helping the show.

revisionisthistory.com/episodes/10-the-satire-paradox

Man…Fucking Hippies. Like no insult against satire but wow I wanted to throttle that satire:

"Ugh…These lower class working people can suddenly AFFORD things..Fucking disgusts me"

I know It was about the rudeness of flashing cash but just…Fucking damn.

Stop misusing the bunny

Anons, you have no idea.

Interesting message right there.

lol

Explain how Donald Trump did not work for his success

This comic is saying people should inherently hate anyone who's successful because poor people exist.
This shows the author has 0 understanding of how poverty changed throughout history and the economic movements that allowed even the people in the lowest strata of society in developed countries to have access to food, housing, education, and even amenities.
He wants the US to turn into Venezuela or Zimbabwe, where the evil factory owners are disposed of their goods by the "people", leading to a momentary boom of goods for the destitute, followed by years, decades of decline because now no one is actually interested in developing things in fear they'll get niggered out of what they worked for.

Clinton in the 90's, they've been shitting on the sitting president since the start. Don't know how they portrayed O'nigger. Stopped watching TV years ago.

literally a duck quacking shit.

self-important cucks go back to leftypozz

100% accurate.

The link was removed in the hack.
youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8

Going back to that. That webm might imply that satire should be Family Guy level preachy which is also retarded. Matt and Terry can't make good satire if they believe that retard shit in the mainstream media like BLM. I mean you can make an episode where the parents pull the kids out of school because of Common Core and portray them as hysterical but that wouldn't be funny.

youtube.com/watch?v=FKxaL8Iau8Q

But … the flames are bad. In fact, they should be deprived of oxygen until they die. How does this metapohr not point out the opposite of what they want to say?

Is this from the actual author of Baki?
Please.