My fucking router

Is acting weird. I set up a local file server on my PC. I use my tablet to access it and it gives me ~3MB/s. My internet connection is ~10MB/s and it works flawlessly.

I used another device to host a local network and that gave me ~7MB/s. So neither the PC nor the tablet is a bottleneck.

Why does this happen?

It's an old netgear router set to "Auto 108 Mbps" at channel 6.

you got virus

russians

Jesus when the fuck did 4chan migrate here?

sage

well done.

Your internet's worn out. You need to buy a new internet, good go- I mean fam.

I think you need to hard reset it.
You do this by putting it in the microwave for a bit.

Are any of your devices wired?

.50 cal yourself

I'm afraid you should be using the tech support thread (>>>733048) for this kind of question. Also, post your router and tablet's model numbers there. People need specifics to work with, you newfag.

Saging because topic does not deserve its own thread.

>>>/cuckchan/

Trump election attracted all the retards from 4chan to Holla Forums. Nu-Holla Forums attracted large swaths of retards who've been shitting up all the boards and driving away the more intelligent posters who can't be fucked to deal with their shit. Old Holla Forums was much better before imkampfy and moonman ruined that shit, and new Holla Forums just brought all the fucking cancer.

>>>/g/ you fucking brain-damaged niggers. Holla Forums was a board split to deliberately get away from you low effort posting board shitters in the interest of haveing actual fucking technology discussions. If you want to act like you're still on /g/, then go back to fucking >>>/g/.

Yes, the PC is wired.

The router is Netgear WPN824.

And my tablet is a iPad mini 2

Didn't you realize that we are on r/8chantech/ subreddit?

Your OP is super vague.
Nobody uses MBps to measure network speed.

This is the info you have given. Since 54Mbps is Max and not average, 24Mbps wireless is entirely within reason.

Since I had no idea what the hell this meant, I did some more digging and it looks like this is done using two bonded 802.11g streams which is not standard. Your ipad has no idea how to make use of this, and your Windows PCs wouldn't either unless you install additional Broadcom software to make use of it.

There's a Loss Edit to be had somewhere in OPs pic, anyone care to make one?

Then why doesn't it work?
Do you want more info?

I use debian, and this pc uses a wired connection. I can change the router to B and g, just g or just b and this problem still persists.

>>>Holla Forums

I think I understand what you mean now, but it wasn't clear. Your tablet get 10MBs when accessing the Internet, but only 3MBps when accessing the local PC file server. Check the config file for whatever type of file sever you're using to be sure it's not limiting upload speed or upload slots. It could also be you're router is horribly mismanaging QOS per dhcp client.

I'm using the default apache config with symlinks at /var/www/

?
I get lower speeds on local file transfers than my internet speed.

My PC is connected through ethernet and gets the same internet speed as the iPad - 10M down.

Enable sshd on your debian server, install Filezilla on another machine, and log in using port 22. You can check speeds that way. I don't use Apache and I'm not going to spend time looking up config files. I'm fairly sure this is your issue.

I use minidlna too sometimes, it gives the same speed issue.

I don't have another machine with linux.

Then its some weird QOS issue with your router. I transfer files locally via ssh and don't have this issue.