Products, behaviour, or service that will disappear in the next 10 years

Hi Anons. What tech products, tech related behaviours, or tech services will disappear in the next 10 years (by 2028)? Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.torproject.org/tor-project-defends-human-rights-racists-oppose.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DriveNow
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

logic and reason

I would also add every little bit of privacy and rights.

What's with all these datamining threads?

32-bit Linux will only have 10 years left before its ded

OP here. I was at the meeting yesterday where this exact question was asked. Well, it was broad without the tech focus.

Normies mentioned:
* shopping (real stores)
* cassette tapes
* cd/dvd
* owning goods (they want to rent everything)

I've been expecting local media to become illegal for everyone but a select few companies and the government agencies who work for them. Most end users even think its silly to store data locally when they can downloaded off the Internet again. One of these days soon, my guys. That rug will be pulled out from under you.

Good point. I started downloading youtube videos.

white people

Downloading YouTube videos are illegal though. :)

I think something about smartphones will pop soon, maybe the app bubble. It won't disappear but you won't end up having a fucking app for every autistic task you want to perform.

Oi, cut it with the CIA nigger paranoia m8. This thread can be answered without profilable answers unless you don't think about it and rather post the shit you wish would die within 10 years.

How exactly would this work? How can they prevent you from being able to store something locally?

1)Gentoo
2)Linux
3)BSD
4)windows

Year of the SystemDesktop!

Mobile Masterrace

wtf is SystemDesktop?

Holy Shit. You are probably the most profilable person on this website if you post something like this.

poettering

Normalfags. Don't even want the responsibility of ownership.

Can't buy non-botnet storage anymore. You might find some on ebay, but that's a hassle and I don't like that place anymore.
I guess there's always optical, but it's more useful for backups, not constant use.
Floppies were nice and simple. I fucking miss floppies.

Twitter. They have been losing money hand over fist from the beginning, their users are 99% bots, and the tiny amount of freedom accidentally allowed by its design has been a PR catastrophe for libs. When its backers decide to pull out, it will collapse like a soufflé.

The first step was unironically the elimination of cheap tape drives. In spite of what normalfags say, tape is the secret weapon under the shiny modern hood of "cloud storage".

They'd been itching to do that for years, but the continued existence of Betamax, 8mm, DAT, and the computer tape standards derived from them kept prices within reach. With the death of MiniDV, the only modern tape drives cost thousands of dollars.

this is already happening.
and even if you have a video/movie locally, how would you share it with your normie friends anyway?
simply uploading a big-ish file is almost impossible because who will host it for free? especially if you're not the (((copyright))) holder?
do you expect normies to use IPFS, or something else which is even lower under the radar?

what's wrong with large HDDs though?
except the price which might go up at any moment, just like with any other product.

SJW in tech will disappear because at some moment someone is ought to suddenly understand something.

okay, I don't really believe in that

It works, but nobody know what the firmware and microcontrollers are doing. Kaspersky found botnet hidden in there, where OS couldn't access.

Nobody except giants would be able to afford to host any centralized solutions because of human overpopulation and adding previously underrepresented populations to the Internet. Processing power is not getting that much cheaper anymore, storage too.

If you use FDE, then microcontroller in HDD doesn't really see the unencrypted data.
Sadly, most OSes don't care much about isolating DMA-enabled devices (I've heard that Qubes gets that right, but that's it). But if they do it, then HDD won't be able to cause any damage except breaking itself at any moment.

really?
how would you watch them then? visit google datacenters on your feet?

I fucking hate the millennial obsession with this. Lolz I want like Uber, AirBnb for everything. I don't care if my life could be turned off with a switch, I'm a good goy.

Call me old fashioned, but I just want to live out in the countryside and study mathematics.

You're right user! We need more dead threads about Rust and browsers ASAP!
kill yourself

The problem is, this assumes that no civil unrest or wars occur. Currently, we are on the brink of several wars, and many places are the brink of Civil Wars. These kinds of things would almost certainly disrupt many technology firms, possibly even enough to kill some of them, with Twitter being the first to go.

Personally, I think by 2028, technology will be a dead meme and it will be used by nerds and basement dwellers once more, so probably how things were in the late 90s early 00s.

Why do you think so? About the tech being the dead meme?

Face it, we're still in the nuclear age. Wars between great powers can never happen again, and anyone else is militarily irrelevant.

human evolution

With ipv6 you'll have end-to-end links to every internet-connected device with no hassle. Just use bittorrent, Tox, retroshare and send files directly.

Decentralized botnet of everything, instead of owning data centers, Facebook will be a pre-installed blockchain app on every pajeet's phone that sends packets in a large peering network.

They'll be outlawed.

Torrent is already dying, with sites being nuked left and right, seeds diminishing and files disindexing.

Then like china normies will be forced to use TOR+GNUnet+IPFS to share files or be busted for sharing original content. I wonder what the chink normie is like in their opsec.

When you guys say "share files", images are included? Like paintings? I think those will be fair game, or will pinterest monetize the viewership of all images ever? Or we'll have watermarks everywhere?
But yes, the tendency will be for:
Music, Movies, Series, Programs and Books to be nuked away from being downloaded to the HDD, specially with the help of new types of DRM and programing, maybe even with native OS restrictions.

Can normies not use sftp clients?

It's a mystery.

Muh loonux will disappear because loonuxfags will die off and people will otherwise use shit that actually works.

You people don't get it, do you? If they try to make their move, what they're going to do is simply eliminate personal computers, period.

The devices you'll be able to touch with your hands won't have a CPU, RAM, or mass storage, of any kind. Instead, all code execution and even temporary data storage will occur remotely, on a server farm, which will stream audio and video to you. Sure, it will be a bit laggy, and especially in the case of mobile devices, that will require an absurd amount of bandwidth, but that's just how things are, right?

They've been inching their way in this direction for years with efforts at lowering peoples' expectations, for instance, killing analog cellphone service (who cares about reception in rural areas, you should live somewhere with a 3G tower on every streetcorner!), forcing everything over live streaming instead of downloading at home (inefficient use of radio spectrum? People want to use cellphones to watch VoD, not talk clearly!), and laggy JS apps/LCD monitors/cordless input devices. If people are thoroughly accustomed to the most obvious user experience pitfalls of such "cloud" systems, they'll simply stop making consumer computing devices of any kind, and the genie unleashed by PCs in the '70s will be back in the mainframe bottle.

You would need some sort of microcontroller, RAM, NIC, and a tiny flash ROM at the very least. I could see it being similar to router hardware minus USB ports with display and keyboard.

I take that back. Keyboards are for 60 year olds. Everyone will do work on touchscreen only.

local storage, vpn, "open internet", desktops, linux, *bsd, templeos
cloudniggers cianiggers redhat

Internet will become more like a TV, where you buy access to certain websites. In fact, most websites will die and it will all be centralized around YouTube, Facebook, etc.

Adblocking - a consequence of the above. They could make it so that you have to tell what you've seen in the advertisement before they let you through (like the recraptcha pictures but with ads).

Anonymity - also a consequence of the above. Well, you have to use names on FB and YT, but they could make it so that you need a name to go on the internet [i]at all[/i]. Everything you do would then be connected to that name. I've already heard plans for this years ago.

They will try hard to kill storing data locally, but I don't think it's possible. Nothing will prevent me from recording the screen with ffmpeg, if it comes to that. Well, unless they have all the systems backdoored and prevent that kind of function.

Just stay away from Web 2.0, because that's basically their endgame. With other protocols, you can do wtf you want. But they will probably try to entice people to use Web 2.0 and thus their botnet/DRM browsers and the OS & hardware that runs them. They don't need to force you legally, because most people have already fallen into the trap of buying into social media, steam, cloud services, etc. On the flip side, gopher exists today and can be used with any computer, even a Commodore 64. But most people consider it too archaic and uncool (despite giving you maximum freedom to run any hardware/OS), so they don't have to coerce anybody because already it's hardly used.
Just don't get invested into whatever the tech giants are pushing, and instead support alternatives. That's all it will take. We can have our own little non-pozzed internet, and we can even make our own hardware and OS. Linux is fine to start with, but it's far from the nicest thing that can be made. And anyway, it's too complicated now, just the kernel alone requires a huge team to maintain. That's not the way to make great software.

SFTP is irrelevant to that problem, it still needs a server to upload all that shit to.
And you can't simply host from your computer because NAT, etc. Even if IPv6 really gets traction, do you really think ISPs will allow incoming IPv6 connections without requiring extra fee?

Just redirect port 22 (or 2222 or whatever) on your router/gateway to 192.168.0.10 or whatever private IP your ssh server is running on. Every consumer router I've seen has options for this kind of stuff.

Either way, it's a black box. And a lot of that could be dispensed with if they designed it correctly. For instance, NICs and publicly accessible network protocols: If you're only able to access "the cloud" with your device, why not simply use its hardcoded ID, as cellphones already do? Think of your PCdesktop console simply being hardwired directly to your ISP, without the need to even understand what an address or packet is.

The future is literally Worst Korea

Cont'd

humens hopefully

There comes a point where we will have to do something about it instead of running away.

Congratulations. You have successfully outed yourself as normie, normie.

Couple of imageboard autists vs the whole world. Sounds reasonable. Running away is only thing we can do here.

That already exists, I remember Mediafire using obnoxious ads with stuff like Progressive insurance where you had to play the ad then input some phrase from it.

Holla Forums

It will be less than 5 years before your FUD trolling operation gets replaced by algorithms.

The ability to communicate freely will be gone. Even person-to-person conversations will be hijacked by browsers and chat programs. Private conversations that aren't kosher will see the program interject for a moment and explain what you're calling a parasite is actually a JEW/Parasite and is your greatest ally. And all the innawoods types that try to escape it will be being tracked by map drones; no one will be untracked.

The Internet was never free as in freedom, nether were modem BBSes, fido or usenet. This is why Stallman never used Usenet, it required you to have a real name to send or receive mail. Everyone who tells you "le internet was free back in my days" is probably an Eternal September newfaggot who had a bliss to experience dynamically assigned subnets making his shitposts on irc unlinkable because everything he had to do to change his identity is reboot a fucking dsl modem.

We need new global network, controlled entirely by end users, not decentralized but distributed. Open hardware backbone, free protocols and software, no jewish ISPs or governments telling what you can or can not download, distributed data storage, mandatory encryption and onion routing, communally owned fiber junctions and wireless bridges. No Jewsco and Jewbiquity shit, nay nay.

Will you pay for transatlantic cables? And be sure to buy equivalent of pic related, capable of 92Tb/s.
I'm not sure about this... Normies can't even do basic port forwarding and now they would manage whole networks?
But current protocols and software are already mostly free. Reimplementing proven technology is a waste of time.

What we need to start working on is a big VPN like dn42, use BGP for routing and run our own DNS servers so that we can move away from clearnet. It doesn't matter if your packets go through proprietary equipment as your content is encrypted. Worst thing that can happen, is that your ISP decides to allow only white-listed destinations. Maybe it's time that Holla Forums finally does something and starts experimenting with networking. For starters, let's connect few of us together and run some basic services like imageboard, IRC or some multiplayer game like xonotic on newly created network. Oh and someone create a logo for Holla Forums network (name subject to change).

You're conflating freedom with privacy. RMS actually does post on public lists with his real name. For example, search on marc.info in openbsd-misc for the epic thread "Real men don't attack straw men". It looks like someone nuked his posts, but all the replies to them are still there. Pic is my inbox from those days. I'd be surprised if he never posted on Usenet--just not seeing the angle here. At one point he used a proxy to hide his physical location, but still communicated with people under his real name.
BTW, Usenet isn't tied to any specific TCP/IP network. It used to be routed via UUCP. There exists mail-to-news and news-to-mail gateways. You can pretty much route it to/from any kind of network you want, so long as the protocols in play can transport text messages (ICMP might not be ideal...) I imagine there were probably dialup BBS that carried various newsgroups of interest to the sysop.
Nor is NNTP tied to Usenet itself. You can make your own separate set of newsgroups, and that's basically what nntpchan did. And since those chans operate without requiring the user to identify himself, you can also communicate anonymously, and even via Tor. But you could also setup your own physical network separate from the Internet and run NNTP on there too.
Unlike Usenet, DNS is centralized, but you don't have to use InterNIC/ICANN. There are alternatives, and some were recommended here back during the US election, to avoid network blackout in case of foul play. You can even use plain old /etc/hosts file to have a backup of critical name/address mappings. Those might get stale though. But if you run a local caching DNS server like unbound, you can also have it log all the lookups it does to syslog or any logfile.
You can invent something else entirely from DNS too, but the thing is there has to be an authority somewhere for a given name, otherwise anybody can hijack it at any time.

Can't run other protocols over it, that means no torrents, IRC, XMPP, games or other application protocols.
Network slower than a Lada full of elephants going uphill.
Aside from usual slowness, it could also be compromised or at least its developers have some politically biased agenda. Weren't they deliberately slowing down traffic to some nazi sites? Even if they don't agree with content they shouldn't block it as it's not hurting anyone (I'm not completely familiar with the issue, so correct me if I'm wrong), unlike CP/drugs/violence where people actually get hurt, yet for some reason they aren't so vocal about those issues.

VPN with BGP would:
be fast - low latency for gaming achievable
be secure
allow all existing application layer protocols to work
allow choice of centralized or decentralized services (ftp vs bittorrent)
allow for wireless meshnets
require some technical knowledge so it would keep complete morons away
be ran by Holla Forumsnicians - QoS guaranteed

Blackpill faggotry BTFO, USENET confirmed best online discussion venue of all time, every time.

I always use Tor and it's not that slow. Sure sometimes I have to download some Jewtube video at 100Kb/s but it's not that bad.

You are blog.torproject.org/tor-project-defends-human-rights-racists-oppose. What worried me more than some virtue signaling was the Jacob Appelbaum fiasco.

Tor and I2P work well for this.
I have a dynamic IP address and use Tor so I still can access my servers when my IP changes.
Both prevent hijacking names.

Whites will be mostly banned or discriminated against in all nations, so they'll start living on ships powered by nuclear reactors.

Nuclear and naval technology is what will matter most in ten years.

Blackpool faggotry = NSA niggers trying to spread FUD on image boards

Year of the camcorder, baby!

Shit, that could actually work. LEO sats for low latency internet (far from everywhere though), stop once in a while in some port for food (not with the main ship since you aren't allowed guns unless you're military or pirate), and the reactor supplies could be obtained from Africa thanks to corruption. Or maybe China/Israel would be willing to sell it. Only problem is it'd require a huge initial investment, and only jobs doable online would be possible. Btw, scientology has similar ship-cities.

I had to deal with this yesterday. My wife wanted to get some movies for our toddler and kept saying "nah, that's on Netflix" .

Linux will be forked into two ecosystems, one will be the standard fair systemd/cloud/proprietarized garbage that it's been trending toward and the other, the few refugees that were pushed away and held onto their Voids and Devuans.

doing it wrong.png

Isn't that pretty much the case already?

Android isn't really Linux 😉

Linux will be forked into two ecosystems, one will be the standard fair systemd/cloud/proprietarized garbage that it's been trending toward and the other, the few refugees that were pushed away and held onto their Voids and Devuans.

There's a reason we just now started looking.

Great job Mordecai.

Are you me? I've already started saving, and when my kids are out of the house, I'll be buying a forested acreage way up north somewhere, like Minnesota or Michigan, building a log cabin, and meditating and studying math most of the time.

I don't know where the idea that millennials are into renting shit? I and many of my friends are in the age range for that title and everyone i know wants to own a house, a car etc. outright. renting is a massive waste of money. So where did this come from?

San Fransisco. They even have a term for it, The Sharing Economy.

i will pray for this future. maybe stallman will get thin.

Where along the line did hippie communes go so completely to seed?

Here's a particular example that I've seen some peers interested in.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DriveNow

Probably with the smart phone. It was that generations experience with fixed monthly plans offering the prospect of always remaining current with the latest shiny thing every couple of years.

Also, we see it all the time in tech, look at all the subscription services that are now available, Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, even Adobe now rent out their software. It's very nice for the companies offering the service though, as it's a nice source of predictable cash flow.

OP here. Sharing economy is shilled to undergrad students in Britain at every opportunity.

Holla Forums was right, I mean, left
Corporate jewry pushes it's capitalist agenda on you masking it as "sharing", "communal" and "egalitarian" when in reality it is not. You are the product, you are the property.

FFS, the doomsday prophesying in this thread is self-fulfilling because of how lazy/cowardly you anons are.

Listen to this user.

Way more than a couple of imageboard autists, actually. A lot more people than you'd think would love to essentially reboot the internet.

Whether or not you're a commie, you really have to wonder why these people don't just pool funds to form a car/housing/etc cooperative instead of paying "the man" his blood money each month for something none of them will ever own even a sliver of.

The level of ideological degeneration is nauseating.

I'm doing the same.

X Windows.

Not even that. The future of tinkerers' Linux is musl+busybox statically linked suckless distributions.

May be because they are fucking braindead communists?
Literally what is the difference between capitalists and communists? Communists NEVER give away even a penny for the poor and kill them openly by the millions.
Also, communism brought about feminism and together with it a new form of mass murder on an UNIMAGINABLE SCALE : free govt-subsidized abortions.

Always remember: pic related.

Capitalism needs competition, but when the companies become too big and powerful, they subvert the politicians so they can have advantages and become even bigger and more powerful. Capitalism worked ok in the US before the federal government got huge, and before the jew money system gave them ultimate power. Now it's hard and expensive to start a company, because there are regulations and tons of legal money sinks. There was a time when any mom & pop could open a grocery store. Now you have to compete with Walmart, who has a known history of engaging in price wars against small stores and wiping them out so that there is no competition. This is anti-capitalism, because compettition is a fundamental axiom. So what you have today in USA isn't capitalism at all.
And it will only get worse as globalist powers become more entrenched. Look at the Bilderberg group, it's a literall closed-doors conspiracy to give themselves every possible advantage and stay on top. That translates into getting politicians to pass laws that favor them and hamper the little guys. It results in stuff like TPP, which thankfully didn't go through, but they will try again and again and again...

Good riddance to bad rubbish

etc

You can't criticise anyone in this day and age. Your image is retarded.

His entire post is retarded, as one would expect from a roachpol.

While (True)
{
embryologists
smartly
ashen
Marcie's
}
Use the following on a *nix box:
shuf -nX /usr/share/dict/words
where X = the number of words you need to shit in these data mining threads. Don't forget to add sage to complete the recipe!
For example shuf -n10 /usr/share/dict/words|tr -s "\n" " "
Will print 10 random words from the dictionary and then replace the newlines with spaces - so a line of 10 random words is output.

300 level shitpost. drawstrings Chatterley's pulp's Seljuk Rawalpindi deceptiveness's Claus blobbed Pulitzer buses gossip Hughes around takeoffs triads uppercut Terran Monte enchants Darren whitened replacement pedestal's unbelief Apr buffer Nyasa's tots spectacle moldiest sheave Conrail jets swigging shillalah headwaiters Madras piranha's sentinels summerhouses Sonja jot medium fingernail vermillion workshop rhododendrons Kemp backstretch's sanatorium's sundowns Bettie nasturtium Photostat's cannonaded savanna's Timbuktu's irritability's Millicent Bryan raunchiness's viewpoint adversaries harpsichord's logically checkbook disuse's phoenixes antidote Mnemosyne thanksgivings regulars heritage onrushing pended tablecloth outgrowth's reentries hallucinogen rapidly astrology bloodhound ideographs depiction laid spacy folly's distasteful whets Benin snore indecision coccyx's caviled herbaceous Saundra's corniest speeding deflections divvying curbs Wycliffe's Cullen's chrysanthemum's cartridge Leon Akita Adolfo racecourse's ailed Lagrange Jivaro retching sulfurous hornets enumerable accident's Kalahari chantey's Gladstones Marshall superconductivity's quadruped's Chuvash's narrowed transitional interrelating calyces upgrade Guallatiri ready effaces confession's benefaction arranging maltreating shivering vixen turtledoves flumes Akkad musicologists tamers immure Clifton overachiever fascinates impervious Eucharistic terraces vacationer hectic puffier dillydallied depopulation's unbecoming schnapps gloving chaotically sandblasting quarrels blubbered absence Eugenio Garrick unmoral prudence's demarcation's fanfare unbends earwig's kleptomaniac hoot chiropractics abnegates foreshortening Bujumbura's Klingon reprocessing redcap's poi saltest beast Becky's reevaluates elude puncturing clouding millionaire tantalizingly consideration's resurrecting topmasts query agency tiredness's chiller paranoids immortal's hatch's bookkeeping mountaintop compromise Nehru custards retrogressive Winfrey conditions assuming nightmarish Devin's adjunct's unsightliness's dumbbell Jewell smallpox's doggiest flustering Zibo's bankbook's stored portioning Krugerrand Atlantis joshes abomination cogitation rightists downs meatballs safeguard's crooner Jim's fulfillment's exalts discomforted Escherichia twinkles fucker scatters unleashed Velcro's raptures butchers Chesterton kith's EPA's enchantress's urbanization's yukked exports inequity repair's murderously soapiness RayBan's pawl's dairying's slingshot's Mujib's protectors impressiveness ionization's Britain Sassanian matching Leanne's reefed greedy batsman's clothesline indebted coheres dyer's selfishly sweepstake crud ugliest churchyard unwinding bowers inception's cordials grievous adjuration's brazenness's foe's supper's manumit clearly Lillie tarried predetermined meltdowns architect garaged ultraconservative's contemplative maladroit

OP here, it was the most excellent discussion itt and you can be sure I wasn't data-mining. I was just curious what do anons think about it.

Thank you for a useful script.

Humans

no, legacy h.264, and primarily youtube/netflix choke the internet

TempleOS and the user who wrote .

To be fair you don't "own" anything now. Taxes are just a sneaky way of charging you rent.