Turkish troops imprisoned after the failed military coup are being raped, starved and left without water for days...

mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/thousands-turkey-coup-prisoners-raped-8485304

Turkish troops imprisoned after the failed military coup are being raped, starved and left without water for days, it is claimed.

Many of the 10,000 detainees are locked up in horses’ stables and sports halls - some hogtied in horrific stress positions, according to human rights campaigners.
ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads

Amnesty International has called for immediate access to prisoners after the coup a week ago which sparked a brutal crackdown and a three-month state of emergency.

More than 200 died in the uprising which aimed to topple dictatorial President Recep Erdogan - and 1,500 were injured.

Aren't they reactionaries?

Yeah. Did you expect a communist revolution to spontaneously grow from the military?

Erdogans's goons are the reactionaries. Most of these prisoners are just conscripts that thought they were doing a military exercise, which is why they immediately surrendered and didn't fire upon the angry mob that Erdogan whipped up.

Is it reactionary to oppose an islamist who wants to take his country back 200 years? If so the yes.

I seriously hope this surprises no one.

Ignorance is no excuse, as they say, and considering that Erdogan's mob are howling for the return of the death penalty, he might just humor them and put on a show.

less reactionary than others

Ok. So they're secularist nationalists?

More secular than where Erdogan wants to take the country. But to be honest, I don't really care. That so many took to the streets to defend Erdogan,m they deserve all that is coming to them and more.

both reactionaries

I'm not surprised. What did they even expect when they've surrendered?

Yeah. But they are progressive, compared to "Let's go full fundie" Erdogan.

If you don't have any program beyond "opposition will sort it out" - then yes. You are still reactionary.

I could say the same about the LARPing revolutionaries here. Besides, I don't see rolling back the state's power, which has been extended under Erdogan, as being a problem. Kinda like in Egypt re Sisi and the Muslim Brotherhood.

Well, you could. But the same goes for housecat. And that doesn't make her (or them) reactionary: neither are actually doing revolution.

Moreover, I don't think even our rebel anons will go full Blanquist and pop some incoherent message "we are taking over, we are not giving any details about what we want, we are not even saying who we are" on mass-media, instead of actually persuading at least someone to fight for them.

Think about it. Even "kill all cis scum! AKs will be distributed to transgender trannies at shop mall" will do better than this hogwash they've put on TV.

Ri-i-ight.

You have pro-West "democracy" parties who don't actually want to overthrow Erdogan (since West decided to support "democracy" of Erdogan) on one side. You have fundie muslims, who are pretty much in the "never-ever let you take power" camp on the other. Your only support is a few ambivalent soldiers with delusions of grandeur. But you don't see a problem.

Well, good news! You are not alone: same goes for those guys from OP. Look how well it went for them!

I don't see the problem with their intent. Execution could use a bit of refinement. Either way, it's now a moot point. There won't be another attempt at revolution as long as president-for-life Erdogan lasts. Shame to see turkey regress so far over my lifetime. But them's the breaks.

Intent is (apparently) military junta. I see that as a problem, both ethical and tactical.

It sucks on all levels except "kill Erdogan". And they've failed even that.

TV and phones? Nope. Religious leaders? Nah. Fall-back strategies? Nada. They almost deliberately sabotaged themselves by not trying to establish any power structure for themselves.

Meh. Give it a decade. I wouldn't be surprised if they get another (really grisly) attempt at coup within a year.

They said they wanted to protect and restore democracy. Whether or not they would have, we'll never know.

It's possible it was sabotaged. Timing and execution were way off. It apparently started because Erdogan was about to clean house of Gulenists so they had no choice to act.

The Kemalists stayed out of it this time. I';d expect they'll be soon for the chop too while Erdogan has the public on side. The Turkish media is portraying it as a US backed coup. Nothing like a good bit of paranoia and anti-imperialism to get the Muslims riled up.

what is it with turks and raping their prisoners

Its cultural user, don't judge.

Is your faggotry cultural as well? :^)

"hey troops, there's a training exercise up tomorrow! I need you kids to secure some bridges with tanks! but just wait until I'm really fucking far aware in a plane first, mkay? have fun!"
t. noterdogan

Why is everyone pro-Erdogan all of a sudden? Especially when you look on RT.com's comments.

It's convenient that the Kremlin is acting as a counterbalance to NATO, but it's still a plutocracy that needs to be overthrown sooner or later.

Everybody says that. Even the most brainwashed prole would ask "how exactly?". Because you totally can "protect democracy" Pinochet-style.

How does this "would" even look like? Erdogan dead, half of Turkey wants rebels dead, the other silently disapproves, and they can't even say anything coherent? I don't see any democracy happening.

At best opposition takes over and does the very same thing is being done to them now by Erdogan. Because they are criminals and realpolitik doesn't want competition.

Everything? Impossible. Compare this fuck-up of the 4th July attempt at "revolution". It was Anarchist mess through and through ("street will organize us!" - my eyes melt at this stupidity). There was no timing, nor plan or any organization, but they've managed to practically force everyone radical to support them (even Bolsheviks, yes) and had an armed mob rolling through the streets.

Turkey rebels? They've given wrong orders to the troops, put wrong message on TV, and didn't even try to do anything proactive. It's impossible to sabotage things like that, unless loyalists sabotaged central command from the get go.

Who exactly? "Everyone" was US and EU (and Russia) even before the coup was over. Capitalists United (c)

I.e. nothing sudden.