Does Holla Forums have official board tans, or do we just borrow them from the inferior site...

Does Holla Forums have official board tans, or do we just borrow them from the inferior site? This is some oc I saw in here a few months ago, I like it.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/papadripopoulos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm a sucker for tropical aesthetics so these are perfect. Not sure where the mouth is for the character on the left though.

It's the goofy smile under the infinity.

What board were those characters for? Looks nice and comfy fam.

speak english gook

Basically a cartoon character to represent the board.
For example, the board-tan of /furry/ is a red fox (raccoon?) with an infinity sign around its eyes.

I'm guessing by the OP that a Holla Forumsmrade made them for the board but they were forgotten/unused.

Not much going on on >>/tikilounge/ these days.

Holla Forums's got its own ensemble cast going and there's that communist cat thing. /monster/ has Ammit, /christian/ has Christ-tan. I think /tg/ made one but there isn't a lot of OC of him. Holla Forums is the same as the old Holla Forums, but with the infinity gauntlet, so he's like Holla Forums in that respect.

What did they do on /tikilounge/ back when it was active?

See for yourself. >>>/tikilounge/

Thanks fam it looks amazing.

The Wacky Races used to fill that niche, but it petered out when no one could settle on a theme.

Though I think Star Vs has potential for a new board theme.

No thanks. Its not a universal esque show and doesn't really deserve to be called a theme.

But that's just because she's your waifu, user.

/tg/ is slow as shit these days. Not much of a need to put the energy into a collective identity or a mascot.

No.

How about a variation of Woody Woodpecker for our board? It's both a cartoon and a comic (although the latter is kinda obscure)

lurk more normie

Our mascot should be Jack. Or Drip.

Does /hwndu/ have anything? I'm thinking they should have a trio of people, one for each series: A goofy, vaguely Italian-looking businessman (New York), a shady black guy in a green poncho (New Mexico), and a hardass-looking user (Femanon?) in hunter gear with a star chart draped over one shoulder (Tennessee)

Holla Forums has an ensemble cast going cause no one could agree on anything, theres the 4cucks board tan, the edgy version of him from the future, a little girl and a bear.
some guy was making a comic about them but I dont know what happened to it

/tg/ used to be a bard, now its a lich but the board owner himself Chrow has more of a following then the actual board tan

The guy who was working on that comic said that alot of stuff in his life came up so he couldn't dedicate alot of time to it anymore. So it's more or less dead in the water on the comic idea.

board-tans are cancer

>>>/btan/3 was the most ambitious taniverse.

ITS TIME FOR A DICKING

When the hell was that board made?

fixed

late last year I believe

feels bad man

If we could get a couple drawfags and writefags to contribute in a single thread, it could be possible.

To revive Wacky Races or try something completely new?

I take it you don't know why the Holla Forums wacky races was a thing

Oh no, I do I still have my folder. We could use what we have so far and when we have an established base we can then branch out.

The races, unless people want to do something else.

The problem would be spurring up that kind of effort once again. There was alot of shit happening at the time when Wacky Races started up. Anton and Coolpecker was starting on Holla Forums along with another rpg game, furry was even working on something, /k/ was doing something too. Everyone was already in the creative mindset when Wacky Races came along.

Now things have more or less kinda died down so in order for it to be revived it would need to be a BIG effort.

That's still going, they even posted a video recently on Holla Forums.

Wouldn't hurt having some sort of thread around, or we could try to revive the Infinity-verse instead.

Yeah I didn't want to be the one to mention that but that project is still going. I'm project lead for it and we were probably gonna come back soon since first issues are nearly done.

I'm up for it, if anyone else feels like as well. Personally, this could be a good time to start with a blank slate, like it was in the beginning you know? A bunch of anons having fun an mocking each other, though I'm not sure if the other boards would want to change the designs they came up with.

explain yourself young man

Well we still gonna do Wacky Races? Or we wanna try a new thing? If we do Wacky Races again then we'll already have alot of content to build off of that's there.

Jesus Doc-user, at least keep the /comic/ thread updated.

I'd be up for it too.

Shame of you boy.

>>>/texas/
Did your BO die or something?

Yeah

I don't know why, it makes me so happy.

Whatever happened to that /monster/ drawfag who drew the image in there?

No idea.

I mean the wacky races was inspired because the board list at the top of the page was always changing

that is what inspired it

Another drawfag lost to time. Sometimes I wish they posted up info so we could follow them somewhere. I really did like that drawfag's style.

Yeah it would be a little harder to do it since we don't have that anymore. Unless we think of a new way to incorporate it.

(checked)

Interestingly, the bottom boards, as top-20 and further, are always changing. I think there was a day /mu/ was completely missing from the top boards then was on the top 30 again. I think we could make new cars based on the lesser boards, it *could* be a nice way to promote traffic increase at least.

Okay NOT IT for having to go there and help them organize

THAT… is not nice friend.

I didn't even know that board existed

You could try the /monster/ draw thread, its fairly active.

Some smaller boards have tans too. For example >>>/texas/ has a top tier cow-girl.

WE DO NOT SPEAK OF BOARD TANS. NOT SINCE WE FUCKED UP THE Holla Forums WACKY RACES.

what do you think we did to fuck it up?

Lich DM and his sidekick Chaos-tan I dont remember her original name

We let it die

Cool it Jimmy, times past, its peace now

We can't push tans on anyone the respected board has to make one themselves.

too difficult to maintain after the list got pulled from the top of the page

It wasn't that we let it die, it's because we couldn't decide on a board-tan to represent us. Thread upon thread bickering over Holla Forumsnrad, Holla Forumsnner, and bos/co/ that the entire thing was stagnant by the time Hotwheels pulled the list.

Holla Forums has long had a problem of between the regular Holla Forumsfags and the fags that only come on Holla Forums because of the OC threads. It's because of that conflict that the Wacky Races fell apart and why Holla Forumscreations are actively discouraged.

It's also why we do not speak of board tans.

that's true that did have an impact, it did resolve well as the slate brothers but with the batmoblie tho

true and true
we still talk about them tho Because otherwise its splitting the board

I won't argue with your logic Jimmy because there's nothing to dispute but staying bitter over a 3 year old mishap won't cause the wound to heal. At least now things have calmed and the thread so far has been decent, so why not as a group just lay down our troubles and try to enjoy something for once.

Those are pretty good. Perhaps some drawfriend can pick them up?

Ask the draw thread

You mean the abusefag thread? No thanks.

What about the OC thread?

True. Know what they have, then?

Huh?

>>>/fag/

I don't really care for tans but I really want to fuck that brown girl.

Hey Holla Forums

I lurk around, and sometimes even post here (if you see a disney comics storytime, odds are it might be me), but as you say in that post, "a lot of stuff in his life" etc etc. Or rather, not that much stuff, just a simple "I need to do things that make money so I can feed myself, my cats, and not live in the street, so comics about public domain characters have to become secondary in priority".

It's a shame though, because, well, I do like all these characters and setups. And I've still the want to do a Barksian treasure hunt with Vivian. And that idea user had of /cuckquean/-tan hiring the Holla Forums Detective Agency to find evidence of her being cucked was great. But these days I mostly just either draw quick shit to let off steam, commissions, or shit I wouldn't feel bad being paid a Patreon for- and Board Tans would, since despite being public domain, they're also, you know. They're ours, belong to all of us. Profiting from them (unless it's specifically a commission) feels wrong.

(as for /btan/, which I own, it's dead mostly because I also own another board and it's a hassle having to switch logins to deal with different boards)

I mean more that Star is a pretty magical girl princess who is increasingly miserable, self-loathing and thoroughly cucked. What better board mascot?

Sad to here, I hope you find more time in the future.

Shit user give me contact info and I'll commission you myself.

I think his handle is papopoious or something.

You could try buying banners for the board.

Who?

I don't even know where to look that up at since google gives nothing

Found his twitter twitter.com/papadripopoulos

Thanks lad

Welcome

Its winter. Of course nobody here has a tan.
And even in summer most of us dont get a tan because we dont go outside.

Simple solution. All drawings of /tg/-tan from now on have a pet crow on his shoulder.

I don't lurk for weebshit

Not a bad idea.

You know it's weird because I could have sworn the Lich always had a crow on his shoulder. I look again and I see nothing was there, what the fuck happened?

Yeah you bring up some good points there, Jimmy. Compared to all the other boards when they were making shit for Wacky Races they got their cars and tracks figured out fast. Holla Forums squabbled over stupid shit for the entire time, it's ironic the board dedicated to comics and cartoons would have the most trouble with that.

Our tans are like Flashpoint variants of our old chan's tans. Holla Forums is ragged and has an eyepatch, for example.

cuckchan is infested of starcucks like you fam. We don't need that here.

Well the official story here, after Holla Forumsnrad got the infinity gauntlet, he tried to use its power for good but accidentally split himself into five

Close but not quite. He accidentally summoned a bunch of alternate universe counterparts. Since they can't find a way back to their universe, they now hang around his place.