It looks like our boy will be getting a movie. I said it in one of the 404d Brock threads...

google.com/amp/io9.gizmodo.com/sony-just-randomly-announced-a-venom-movie-will-be-out-1793351904/amp

It looks like our boy will be getting a movie. I said it in one of the 404d Brock threads, bringing Brock back into the limelight meant a movie could be on the horizon. Personally I've been waiting since I was in 5th grade for this, and I'm graduating college this year. Let's hope it's good Holla Forumsmrades. I'll probably kill myself if it's not after all this waiting.

If it's Pascal headed like Homecoming then it's gonna suck ass.

into the trash

Checked. It has no connection to Homecoming or the MCU. Potentially bad. Potentially good since that means it can be R rated and Eddie won't be dropping le ebin quips and Whedon cringe every second.

ok, now return to >>>/reddit/

Several questions if true then. Why make it then? Will Venom have his spider logo if he isn't connected to Spider-man? What will Brock even do if he's not hunting Spider-man? If we get a R-rating and not typical Sony cringe shit then will Carnage show up?

No connection to holland doesn't necessarily mean no Spider-Man. Fox has like three different X-Men timelines going on. Sony might just have some random shit dick put on a Spider-Man outfit and never show his face in Venom. Hoping deadpool showed (((Hollywood))) R superhero films can be good, hoping for Carnage at somepoint.

I feel like that'd be even worse and more confusing. At least with X-men it's all in the same timeline now. Just at different points. But here it's a completely separate universe. At the same time I have to worry that after Deadpool and Logan we'll just get a resurgence in dark cape films that go full edge. Hell Spawn is getting a new movie. I'm not sure how much I like this because Kikewood always milks this shit to death.

Well Venom has plenty of comics on his own, my idea for a Venom movie was always to have Carnage in San Francisco and tie Venom vs Carnage to Eddie's Lethal Protector arc.

Ten years ago or so I would have been excited at the prospects of a new Tomb Raider movie or a Venom flick.

But now I don't feel anything at all. I'm completely indifferent.

I also see the issue of how to explain how the symbiote got to Earth.
Secret Wars is out of the question.
Did Jameson bring it back from a space mission?
Going the Spider-Man 3 route with an asteroid accidentally hitting New York City (of all places) next to Parker (of all people)?
Or Bendis' Ultimate treatment of a suit which was originally designed as a clinical device?

So what's it gonna be, Brock gets Anti-hero Venom to fight psychopathic Carnage?

I'd say just make a Spider-man 3/Ben 10 thing were it crashes on earth. Finds Eddie as a host. Eddie tries to go a Flash route of being a hero. He goes through a Peter Parker arc of realizing the suit is effecting his emotions. Does questionable things as a hero. Learns that sometimes you need a bit of bad in the world to make it a better place. Then proceeds to go a Punisher sort of a route with hunting down gangs and crime families of New York.

And eating them. This is important.

Also making with the wacky sense of humor.

Eating their brains. Maybe make it a sick joke that it's so they're never put into robot bodies by a mad scientist or something. Gotta have some dark comedy in there. Then maybe introduce Carnage in all of it in order to have someone who's even crazier than Venom. Someone that targets anyone and everyone. This shit really does write itself.

A cartoon movie right? if its 3DPD, im sorry OP

But if the symbiote never bonds with Peter first then the entire "twisted Spider-Man" aesthetic of Venom wouldn't make sense.

In order for there to be Venom, there must first be Spider-Man. I really can't see it working any other way.

So a new rumor is out that Life is a prequel film

In favor of the prequel argument: Whernick and Reese wrote a treatment for Venom back in 09ish. Alien looks like a symbiotie from what the trailers show. Being put out by Sony. Crew of the film refusing to shoot the theory down. Split ended up being a sequel to Unbreakable and that twist/movie seemed to go over well with general audiences. Some spectacularly autistic fellow noticed a shot from Life's trailer is stock footage from Spider-Man 3, a ten year old movie that has no relevance anymore and there are dozens of other films with shots of crowds looking up fearfully.

Against prequel theory: Crew could be trying to earn additional shekels opening weekend by toying with the idea it could be venom. Also supposed test screenings say it's it's own thing (but NDAs are a thing so that's possible too)

Looks about 75-25 that theory being bullshit but oh boy do I want to believe. Unannounced prequel would be the coolest thing to happen in comic movies in years, give MCU a run for its money. But (((they))) enjoy Fucking us at every turn.

Yeah that's what bugs me too.

What in the fuck, man? Archive that shit.

We need that Holla Forums filter here that replaces all the shitty news sites with "please use archive"

They don't have a filter.

What does a symbiote in its original form before bonding with a host look like anyways?

Aren't they just slimes in their normal unbonded form?

I don't know. Before bonding with Casady the Carnage symbiote is shortly shown as a little blob or splotch.

Yeah I'm pretty sure they're blobby goo slimes without a host. Now the alien in Life seems more solid and tentacle like. Possibly not actually a symbiote/Klyntar but could always be an artistic liberty design. Who knows. Maybe it can solidify and go into goo form at will. But it never attaches itself to any of the crew in the trailer so that puts it even more likely on the not symbiote list.

Since they couldn't just have the cartoon as their only homegrown movie, I guess…

As long as it has this scene.

Actually, just adapt Lethal Protector in general

That's actually good, I love how fucking happy he looks in the third page.
But one thing that's always bugged me, if the Symbiote and the wearer really are supposed to be one being, why do they stick with that we bullshit? Shouldn't it be referring to itself in the singular since it'd be a new being created from the 2?

What I remember of stuff dealing with venom, writers save singular pronouns for especially strong synergy.

Outwardly a compatible pair will function as one entity, but they have some sense where one begins and the other ends. When this stops being the case, then they go "I am venom" as opposed to "we are venom.

This. Carnage says I because they've completely bonded. Cletus can't take off the suit the way Eddie can.

Thanks for the clear up

Thanks

fuck off

OOOO, you got owned, >>816525!

sage

Why are Israelis so based?

They word they wanted to use was "unexpectedly".
A movie announcement stems from coldly calculated (and sometimes poor) business decisions. That is the opposite of random.

>>>/out/

Bad. It's going to be pozzed, cucked, and kiked to all hell.

Just imagine what a competent writer like Moore could do with Venom.

You mean Alan Moore? No need to imagine, just go read his Spawn miniseries: Blood Feud.

Venom is nothing like Spawn. This is what I hate, normalfags have no idea what Eddie and the symbiote are like.

First: if you think Moore is a competent writer, why not read the four issues? Second: if you had read it, you would know that Spawn's cape is a sentient organism that forms a symbiotic relationship with him. Thus, it gives insight into how Moore might handle a Brock/Symbiote relationship.

Thanks, user. Never knew, A. M. penned Spawn.

Third: Spawn is notorious for McFarlane's cobbling together of stuff he'd previously worked on. Batman, Spider-Man, Prowler, Venom. Why wouldn't they be similar?

It was during his 'selling-out' phase. He also did Supreme for Rob Liefeld. It's the same set of circumstances that led to Neil Gaiman doing Spawn and, ultimately, suing McFarlane for ownership of the characters he created on those two issues