Netflix Iron Fist

Somehow they made a show so bad that not even their paid critics liked it. So what do they do?

NOPE! Instead the lead star himself blames the writers for making his character act like Trump instead of the pussy cuck boy he wanted to be.

Yeah, this show deserves to tank

Guess they're just trying to follow in Marvel's comic division's footsteps. Which we all know worked soooo well for them.

According to his actual quote, he was blaming the reviewers for projecting their hatred of Trump into him because he is playing a white male billionaire. I am not defending him or anything, I just felt that was taken out of context and its very easy to write a "Its all Trump's fault" headline.

Did he say that DT was a bad person in the interview, or did he probably rightfully just assert that his character being a rich and affluent white male lead to the SJW reviewers labeling it with poor scores for the sake of virtue signaling. After all, they can't like the show that white washes asian minorities!

So it was that, then he's not really wrong. Fuck, maybe the show's good.

Heh, I am not sure. I would watch it because it was the one show that would avoid being carried by racism and sexism, but from what I have heard from non-biased sources, the show is really slow and dull for the first 6 episodes.

Pay close attention to what is happening right now, Holla Forums. Because Marvel will not double down against these autistic screechers, they will merely capitulate in the future.

So Holla Forums is fake news?

Rather the headlines saying Finn Jones is blaming Trump are fake news, because he is blaming the critics for seeing Trump in him, not the other way around.

Plus he's a race-traitor in canon.

You'd think Bendis would've made Iron Fist his self insert instead.

Just seems like a more logical choice than making a blaxican teen with the powers of a character he hates.

Bendis hates Spider-Man?

Danny and Misty aren't even together anymore for reasons in the comic. She's fucking Falcon now.

They were still together at some points in the past.

Bendis hates Peter Parker.

Jessica Jones is his self-insert. Not Miles Morales.

Not meaning to defend him but if he hated Peter Parker he wouldn't agree to write him for ten years

Then why'd he do Ultimate Spider-Man? From what I remember that series is one of his few not-shit ones.

What he said is far more accurate to reality, and even the twisted version in the op wasn't technically wrong.

I swear to God this 'appropriation' shit needs to stop and anyone pushing it shipped out of the country.

The USA is the country where a Brit and an Italian go to a chinese place run by Koreans with the food cooked by a Puerto Rican. That's fucking magical AND delicious.

Not that user, but I imagine he must have grown sick of the character for writing him for years.

That doesn't necessarily mean that he hates him. If he hated him he wouldn't work on him in the first place.

Jessica Jones was his self insert but he put much much heavier focus on Miles now.

That doesn't make Miles his self-insert

>FUCKING GAYMERGAYT

Fuck off, cuckold.

render all fatties down to tallow

>>>Holla Forums

Well, trump has a jew family so I get they are somewhat related.

I thought he was too busy blacking Jane Fosthor?

You do realize there is a reason why "black fathers are rare or present in their child's lives" is a stereotype for a reason.

Please don't tell me he impregnated Whor.

You need to stop posting, now.

Because whites are exterminating them?

All news is fake. It's never told straight. There has to be a spin to it. They want you to have a certain perspective as soon as you read the headline.

That dialogue was awesome what was the sauce for it?

Can she even get pregnant? I mean she has cancer and all.

More like blacks are exterminating other blacks.

Why? It's the very symbol of a country where all her people have shed their previous nationality to be Americans. It Flys in the face of all this new wave Hyphenated American bullshit.

You aren't some traitorous *-american are you?

First Waid, now this!

Because Miles isn't his self-insert. Kong - probably. Jessica Jones - definitely, as he's said as much. But Miles (and now DumdumRiri) are just an old, out of touch, way past his prime, fat little jew trying to get asspats from the twitter/tumblr crowd because that's all he has left. Long time fans never really liked him. The people he brought back to comics or who liked his early stuff turned on him years ago. Now, all he has is his little safe space where he can block anyone who criticizes him.

I should start quoting that.

Did he masturbate to GamerGate? I'm pretty sure I would have heard about something like that

QUINT FOR TRUMP

Miles is his shota waifu
If bendis had a harem it would be nubile young niglet boys

Well done

He actually adopted two black children. I'm sure his biological daughter was thrilled

Thank you, thank you

Fuckin gross

It wasn't Waid, it was some nobody game dev I can't remember the name anymore but he made this game called I Get This Call Everyday who made a tweet saying he jacked off while thinking about GG. He also posted an picture of his ass online. It was so scarring I probably blanked it out of my mind and I can't search it even if I was asked to.

CHECKED

I know it wasn't Waid. user mentioned Waid for some reason and I wanted to know why

I mentioned Waid because he was speaking at a convention where he made a joke about GG and then fell off the stage shortly afterwards.

Real? Is there video of it (the falling off the stage part, not the shit joke part)?

NICE

This is just what I remember from an thread years ago, I think there might be a video of it but I don't have it.

Impressive.

How do you not find acting as a progressive tiresome?
I would go insane if I spent my time thinking of retarded drivel to derail threads with.

Not bad user.

Anyone who doesn't know how to tie a noose is a progressive by your standards, user.

So that's where she got the cancer that killed her in MC2. Fucking Bendis.

Praise KeK!

I think it is 'hell on wheels'

It is very possible but it is still something pathetic to complain about. If the show is bad then it shouldn't be because of a character being a rich white guy. No. It's because of "people" looking for reasons to be angry without judging the show on it's real merits. Hell we do that too but at least we dig deeper and really think about why something is bad. To them, a thing is bad because it doesn't fit their molds of sensitivities and politic marxist ideals. That's pathetic.

On the day of the proletariat revolution, cultural appropriators will die first

So hang on, why didn't the critics tear Arrow apart?

Seriously, watching the Iron Fist trailer made me feel like they were ripping off almost every single aspect of Arrow.

Because Arrow came out before Trump became a nominee and has stronk womyn characters.

Because when Arrow premiered, we hadn't yet reached current year.

Green Arrow became a sappy soap opera about his love life that is why.

The critics are only paid to overpraise MCU movies. The Netflix shows are criticized a little more honestly.

The critics are only paid to overpraise MCU films. The Netflix shows are reviewed a little more honestly…

Explain Daredevil and Jessica Jones then.

Daredevil is actually pretty good.

My only explanation for Jessica Jones is that everyone was afraid to score it low because they'd be called sexist - the absolute most heinous word to leftists.

It gets worse in the second season. First season is bearable but fuck it pisses me off that everything was always in the dark, the final fight with Kingpin was terrible, and that the actual Daredevil suit doesn't in fit right on the actor's head. Also the fact that Matt isn't ginger or has glazed over eyes. Maybe the Night Nurse raceswapping too but who gives a shit about Night Nurse.

Purple Man made Jessica Jones genuinely entertaining.

Luke Cage is the second most praised show after first season of Daredevil according to RT score. I suppose it has to do with having a black superhero.

Wasn't Luke Cage legitimately liked here.

The comic by Genndy was. The show was a bit more mixed but I think it was agreed to be okay overall.

I don't think I would say legitimately liked, but the consensus was "it wasn't as bad as thought". Most people were anticipating "Dear White People" with invulnerable black people, except it wasn't.

IIRC the reason why Luke Cage was liked it was because it was a parody of blaxploitation at first and then evolved in the Sadly lost black genre of anti-buffoonery which encouraged black youth to not act like niggers, like changing gangsta rap for hip-hop or the gangsta attitude in general for something more acceptable like what you saw at "Fresh Prince" in the case of Luke Cage it was to show the dangers of that literal sub-culture.

So basically Luke was a respectable black man that could embrace the blaxploitation feel?

WAS

How'd they fuck it up?

That sounds just about right… If anything, the only negative things I heard about this show from the other side was that Luke Cage was a black conservative for telling young men how to act.
Man I loved that show I watched all the time despite being white

Towards the end of the show, they go full blown BLM, with Luke trying to clean his name from a crime he didn't commit and then it ends with him going back to jail for escaping from it in the first place

Well, you can't even talk about buffoonery anymore as you could back in the day, if it's mentioned then is mentioned about how old white media showed blacks as buffoons not the wrongdoing of black youth.

Urban Dictionary mentions buffoonery as

But in practice is mentioned as racist cartoons of lazy cottonpickers made by white people.

I meant to Luke Cage in general. I haven't watched the show because

Oh. Well that sounds stupid.

See…

Most of the people I know, who are white, watched and enjoyed the show. Shit, even Donald Trump was on it.

>>>/tumblr/
>>>/oven/

best part he doesn't even use Kung Fu Kung Lun learned their shit from a crashed shiar space ship

The chinks appropriated their shit from aliens

I didn't realize someone could have themself

I really hated that part.

Thanks fam I looked it up. Looks like a great series.

That's accurate, though. Niggers do not believe laws should exist.

With Jessica Jones the first half of the season is alright but once purple man escapes after they catch him it all goes to shit.

wait I thought the show was against BLM? Since Mariah was using a BLM type of thing to get the people scared of Luke Cage so she could kill him and distract them from the problems in their own community. If anything the whole show is against BLM.

It's political message winds up becoming very wishy washy. There's the whole Mariah thing that sort of smells of politically motivated race baiting, then there's the police brutality bit where it's a black guy beating up a black kid, which never becomes a race issue and could be taken as a commentary on black on black violence and how police brutality isn't necessarily racially motivated. But then there's also a rap star name dropping Trayvon Martin and how Cage wears the hoodie and punches cops but is supposedly justified in doing so.

I dunno. The show was okay but was also very boring. It wasn't entertaining the way Daredevil was, it felt like a worse version of that show's season 1 more than anything. It had a worse kingpin, with a very similar backstory, who is still somehow a stronger villain than who they replace him with. It had lots of fights, but most of them were really boring. Cage isn't exactly all that charismatic but I appreciate that he's meant to be an intellectual black guy, rather than a brainless thug like most niggers prefer their heroes to be.

They also have him hook up with Night Nurse out of fucking nowhere near the end, when it felt like their relationship wasn't really all that romantic at all beforehand.

Then he gets sent back to jail at the end, while Mariah goes free so the second season can have a villain. It feels like nothing is really achieved or fixed by the hero.

Jessica Jones was alright, but I have a soft spot for Noir.

I felt the trayvon name drop was showing how shallow the black community is. Since they only started caring about Luke after he got mentioned by a black celebrity.

Cuck. Nigger heroes should be the ideals that blacks look up to. They look up to strength, violence, and "soul" That's it. Stop fantasizing about how you want your buck to be and realize that Will Smith's Deadshot in Suicide Squad is the perfect hero for blacks.

I think only the first episode is really good. The first episode is amazing, then it starts dragging, and after Purple Man escapes the first time it just becomes stupider by the minute.

What run of Luke Cage should I read other than Grendy's Cage? Have a torent for it?

user are you projecting

I liked that episode. Shame they couldn't use Black Vulcan.

*Black Vulcan
I meant Black Lightning. The two are so similar.

hahaha oh shit

Really opens the door for cuck themes with DD on Defenders huh

The main thing saving Luke Cage politically is that having a strong intelligent white villain would have been problematic, so all the important villain characters were black and therefore the show "also criticizes the black community" somehow, although it really doesn't too much.

THE SHOW IS OUT
And I've got to say, it's shit. This is coming from a guy who's liked basically everything Marvel has put out, the Iron Fist show is fucking bad. Danny Rand is a fuck boy who just lets things happen to him, and he doesn't act like the world's greatest martial artist, he acts like a fucking hipster who went backpacking in Tibet for a summer. Worst part by far is that the actor clearly does NOT know martial arts. The fight scenes are terrible, and look like two people using shitty dance choreography.

Also, he's apparently completely worthless as a martial artist until he focuses his chi and becomes "The Immortal Iron Fist."

yea but the villain of the story is also a white billionaire

Its fucking blatant when they switch to a stunt double too. I cringed when he put on the festival mask and fought the guys during the parade.

He spends two episodes in a mental hospital, and it actually makes his character make more sense if you assume he's genuinely crazy, but happens to know kung-fu

This show is actually pretty good when it completely ignored the fact that he's Iron Fist and focuses on an emotionally stunted man-child returning to society.

Called it.

You forgot to mention the Punisher's casting, pic related.

Now wonder he looks like a subhuman.

My god, this script. THIS FUCKING SCRIPT IS AWFUL!!

Gimme gimme chicken tendies,

Be they crispy or from Wendys.

Spend my hard-earned good-boy points,

on Kid's Meal ball pit burger joints.

Mummy lifts me to the car,

To find me tendies near and far.

Enjoy my tasty tendie treats,

in comfy big boy booster seats.

McDonald's, Hardee's, Popeye's, Cane's,

But of my tendies none remains.

She tries to make me take a nappy,

But sleeping doesn't make me happy.

Tendies are the only food,

That puts me in the napping mood.

I'll scream and shout and make a fuss,

I'll scratch, I'll bite, I'll even cuss!

Tendies are my heart's desire,

Fueled by raging, hungry fire.

Mummy sobs and wails and cries,

But tears aren't tendies, nugs or fries.

My good-boy points were fairly earned,

To buy the tendies that I've yearned.

But there's no tendies on my plate!

Did mummy think that I'd just ate?

"TENDIES TENDIES GET THEM NOW,

YOU FAT, UNGRATEFUL, SLUGGISH SOW!"

I screech while hurling into her eyes,

My foul-smell bowel-dwelling diaper surprise.

For she who is un-pooped on is she who remembers:

Never forget my chicken tenders.

Give us some examples, user.

I'm on episode 6 and I don't see any particular problems with the script tbh, so I'd love to hear this too.

I don't think it's necessarily the script, but how the lines are delivered. There's a certain "cheese" factor you have to accept if you're doing a story about a struggle between two ancient martial arts organizations in modern Manhattan, and the main character seems unable to fully deliver it with the necessary cheese. When he's off doing his own thing like fucking about with the company he's fine, but once he starts talking seriously about K'un L'un, he gets a little cringey.

I couldn't watch Jessica Jones after Daredevil. It was just all about her watching people fuck, see Carrie-Ann Moss feature as a lesbo, and watch Jessica get blacked a few minutes later. It was just shit to be honest, and was exactly the opposite of why I like capeshit.

It seemed a bit preachy throughout, and fell into things I had no interest in, but it was way better than Jessica and otherwise a watchable season. Shit that annoyed me was when they try to make Luke educated, but on shit nobody cares about:

Most people can't even tell you the names of real inventors and pioneers, so shoving in the virtue signalling because BLM was just annoying.

There was also shit like the characters glossing over big events like some episodes had to be given a happy Disney ending, the black radio being utterly painful to listen to through their kindergarten dialogue, and Luke being less of a hero-for-hire and more of a Black Batman-hero-that-this-city-needs-so-we'll-chase-him-blah-blah-blah. Other than that, it was halfway decent.

So basically the cheesiness of it all doesn't come off naturally?

All of the netflix series have been origin stories before the characters actually do their thing that they're known for. In S2 of Luke Cage, I can basically guarantee it'll be about him opening up the Heroes for Hire agency where Pop's barber shop used to be.

I'll give you that, it's true that he seems a bit too … stoic when he says the stuff, like he doesn't think any of it is strange at all, but without any comedic timing to it so it just sounds off instead.

I think that summarizes it pretty well. Like when he's in a mental institution and does pause for a second about telling the doctors he came from a kung-fu monastary that resides in another dimension and shit.

There's no fucking universe in which this could possibly be construed as a good business decision.

It's not in the show's universe either, autismo. They're pretty clear on that.

Before they get ousted Joy is mentioning that it might actually be a good idea in good PR.

But The Punisher was the only good part of Season 2.

Was there seriously nobody better, and American, to play Iron Fist?

I would have been fine with turning him into a chink if it meant someone who could actually do martial arts

This does not bode well for this series.

First episode is fun. 2 and 3 are really bad, but the series picks up from there. Still not great, but I'd say it's better than Jessica Jones. But only because Jessica Jones had me yelling at the characters for being so fucking stupid.

Sounds like you're the fuckboi.

That's how rich people actually act towards homeless looking people though.

This board needs a cleansing fire.

That's fucking stupid.

I'm really not feeling this.

The show's fight scenes and shit all come off in a way that can best be defined as, "weeaboo"

What's wrong with his facial hair

It's disgusting canon.

I was okay with the cage fighting scene right up until the less than 100lbs asian woman started brutalizing a man twice her size and 3 times her weight.

And here I was expecting Ward would get his cunty face punched in.

Finally finished the series. Overall? Worse than Jessica Jones from a storytelling/cinematography standpoint, but it was a ton more enjoyable because you didn't want the main characters to just kill themselves for fucking up so much.

I want him to kill himself just because he's him.

is Colleen supposed to be Japanese or Chinese in the show?

"Wing" is a chinese surname

This character is fucking terrible and stupid for a lot of reasons, but someone really didn't do their research.

Is she half Japanese half Chinese? If so thats the only reason I can think of that would make sense.

Actually I got the impression Claremont was shipping her and Colleen Wing.

I'm 4 episodes in. I was expecting something based on Iron Fist to be more about martial arts and fighting and.. y'know.. maybe some superhero shit.

Instead, this is more of a legal/business drama with some martial arts stuffed peppered in.. also the only music anyone listens to is really, really awful hiphop and rap.

THIS IS WHAT I WAS EXPECTING!

More like a old school kung fu movie, but series based.

Instead, it's like Better Call Saul with bits of badly choreographed fight scenes.

Episode 6 picks up but at that time I stopped caring.

She a chinese person who got inducted into The Hand, a Japanese Organization.

The first episode should have started with Danny fighting a fucking dragon and punching out it's heart, and then just before the opening credits start, show him in superhero-esque monk robes looking up at the Rand building.

They also could have cast a dude who fucking knew martial arts.

Guess they really should have made him asian.

this is actually a good standard

Really this problem is overcome by having decent fight choreographers but those are generally few and far between in Hollywood.

Is the fight choreography in this show worse than Arrow?

It's better, but considering that The Iron Fist is supposed to be the best fighter ever, he spends a lot of time fighting guys that rightfully have no place landing even a single finger on him.

I honestly think it's worse, but it hard to judge, because there are actually very few fight scenes.

I'm on episode 12 and I can confidently say that the reason people don't like Netflix's Iron Fist is because it's a shitty show full of terrible retarded characters. It's just not good. A few of the fight scenes are okay, but overall, the conflict, the story, the writing, the acting.. It's all just miserable.

The ultimate cliche in faggoty comic book writing.

Generic trash that can't even be a cool action series. It takes effort to fuck up this bad.

At least they had the explanation that if Danny killed him, it could fuck up his chi. But no one else should have had any reservations, except Claire.

So is she secretly Trudeau?

How is killing someone gonna fuck up his bullshit chi?

Because the chi is treated as a very spiritual aspect needed to access the Iron Fist. It wasn't explained, because you don't fucking explain chi. But it was mentioned as a worry in the final few episodes.

That's really really retarded.

America is monoculturist you fag

What?
WHAT?
They have him fucking female Thor, Carol Danvers AND Misty Knight?

My problem with the first episode was that it was just Danny having the exact same conversation over, and over and over.

It was bad enough he has this conversation like five times with the security people and the brother and sister, but he then has the conversation two more times with Colleen. She retardedly threatens to beat him up if he doesn't leave the dojo for… daring to ask for a fucking job.

It gets worse as it goes on. 90% of Danny's drama in the show is him getting really angry/triggered about his parents dying, and then he calms himself down.. and then he gets really worked up about his dead parents again.. and then he calms down after learning another valuable lesson about what's really important. And that goes on for the entire show.

Ugh, has blog-style non-drama writing bereft of story structure or character development spread like a cancer, metastasised from the comics to television?

Can we look forward to TV series of Mockingbird, Hellcat and The Movement next?
A new Hulk series starring She-Hulk in courtroom drama with less action than Ally McBeal?

Most likely. And "people" will still praise it.

I was having trouble caring about this miserable show at all after the first few episodes, but I checked out entirely when Bakuto shows up and lectures Danny about how he needs to use his martial arts to help "marginalized" people.. as he leads a small army of ninja niggers and spics.

And while we're at it, the story for this shit is Batman Begins mashed up with the original Ninja Turtle movies.

Just finished it and I have to say the only storyline I enjoyed was the Meachum's family drama. Ward and Harold helped keep the show afloat for me.

I really don't want that to happen.

There's just something about that just doesn't hit it for me.

I skipped through all of that. Ward was a prick from episode 1 and they went out of their way to illustrate that he was a pill popping faggot who had been a colossal cunt since he was a young child.

Harold was fucking boring and Joy was a non-entity. They could have cut that entire plotline and put that money into making more fight scenes and more superhero shit.

bump

that was the most boring part of the show. Why do I give a shit about this family? Why was the daughter good, then at the end she is evil for no fucking reason? Why am I watching a family drama instead of a weebo beating the fuck out of a dragon?

That could actually work if you made it centered on courtroom hijinks and legal problems superpowers cause. As long as you got a competent (doesn't need to be super qualifed as he's just looking up laws instead of arguing anything) legal researcher to make sure your plot actually works with some vague resemblance to law, it would be fine.

I had a feeling that guy was a cuck.

Why?

could be he misnamed a .jpg a .gif.

Anyway I've finally saw the series. It is the worst of the Netflix shows. Its so dull and even the fight scenes aren't as good except for that tournament with the Hand and the drunken master. They don't even show the damn dragon just his eyes. That and Danny Rand is a pussy and a moron who wines and gets triggered by shit. It really isn't that good and the fights get dragged out. Seriousy Danny should've just hit Ward's goons once and have their heads explode.

I knew it

I honestly want them to do it. Not only it would be a comedy goldmine, it would be their undoing.

There's something I noticed that bugs me. In Daredevil its established that Madam Gao works on her own and has nothing to do with the Hand since it's run by Nobu. But here she's part of the Hand despite the Hand being Japanese. What the hell? Also, can we go over behind the scenes I heard that the production was rushed and Finn Jones only got 15 minutes to practice fighting before each scene which explains why the fights were awful.

I thought the Movement was DC?

It is.

should just watch Fist of the North Star instead of this.

I heard sjws hated Iron Fist because he wasn't asian. Also, does he love Trump now after the syria thing?

She's always looked white to me.

Japs have dragons, too.

I don't think these people hate Assad enough to actually praise Trump. Remember, Trump is the devil in leftism.They might as well praise Assad instead.

Haven't watched the shitty Iron Fist series, but Is it possible she seized control after Electra/Stick/Punisher killed half the (New York branch's) leaders?

If I do this exercise every morning, will I become a martial arts master?

If you have the will power.

It's terrible. They could have hired a real martial artist at least.

it is moving. Just slowly

No shit. In retrospect,I would have rather them of made him into a fucking chink who didn't even speak english as long as it meant we had actual martial arts.

It was supposed to be Ray Park.
I would have settled for Brad Allen. I guess at 57, Mark Salzman is too old…

They should have done Shang-Chi instead

Not even that. All they really needed was an actor with a bigger action background than being the prancing faggot off Game of Thrones, and a decent fight choreographer. All the actor needs to do is look like he can do Martial Arts

In the show she's lead a faction of the hand for presumably centuries.

That would've been interesting.

Even a prancing faggot would be fine if they could into stunt doubles

Nice pic.

Benny "The Jet" Urquidez could have speed-trained him up to scratch, he's done it before. He only had two weeks with the cast of Street Fighter, most of whom were not martial artists.

Yuen Woo Ping or Corey Yuen or even Koichi Sakamoto could have choreographed the fights.
This is just Hollywood deciding we can't tell the difference between shit and caviar, so they're going to give us shit.