What horror movies have genuinely scared you?

What horror movies have genuinely scared you?

Movies that scared me were ones that came out when I was younger such as the 'ring' and the 'hills have eyes'. Haven't been able to find one recently that has been able to scare me.

I think The Ring scared everyone.

I suppose because it was the first mainstream horror movie that worked it's ghost through a relatable modcon like VHS rather than the usual haunted house.

none
lol imagine being this much of a pussy

none since I turned 13

Event Horizon

The final scene of Hannibal.

Footage from American campuses.

none; I'm not stupid

the continued survival of the white race

[REC]2 is pretty spooky

Begotten

must suck to be you, I get creeped out by virtually everything, it's endlessly entertaining

Not even considered a horror film I don't think, but The Fourth Kind. Especially the shit at the end when the ayy lmaos were telling the researcher girl that they were gods in a cryptic way. I'm 99% certain that's what aliens would fucking do if they found our planet and I can't have that shit. NOPE.jpg

None really, but Possession was creepy

The Grifter fucked me up for months

>>>/reddit/

The only one that trully scared me was "The Blair Witch Project". First Jason movie scared me a bit with the last scene but other than that I don't think there's anything else.

it's an hour and a half of 3 people whining at each other in a forest
how the hell does it scare you

The Thing. A few movies I can't say scared me, but I liked the gore like The Fly and The Evil Dead. What I do want to know, why do people say The Excorcist is scary? A little girl cursing like an old man was hilarious.

It feels realistic to me.

btw Blair Witch 2 is kino

I just read on IMDB or somewhere else that most people got sick in theaters during the hospital scene. I got to admit, that scene had my stomach turning as well. I wasn't prepared for the realistic portrayal of the procedure.

My basketball American
Also In the Mouth of Madness Neill was perfect

le mizztedd XDDD

Grifter was dark as hell

Blair Witch 2 is really good

that has to be satire
right?

How? Apart from the spiders this was tame as fuck?

I got dragged into that with some friends. It was hilariously bad, not scary at all.

This movie was objectively garbage.

I really liked the The Thing. I tried to get two people I know to watch it, but they just got bored and wanted to do something else.

Some of the audio recordings in Session 9 were genuinely unsettling.

Pleasantville freaks me the fuck out. It's not a jumpstart or gore kind of thing. It's this creeping disgust building into dread. Finally it ends on an almost cathartic notes as you see everything you worried would happen to Pleasantville occur exactly like you predicted and all you can do is sneer in disgust at where their decadence and weak wills lead them. They brought the fall down on themselves and wait for the end of the world with ignorant smiles.

As an allegory for the spread of Jewish influence on America it is a particularly cutting indictment. The citizens of Pleasantville are the victim if the subversion of Born Again Christianity through the Schofield bible and it's annotation. The Christian Zionists that hope to encourage Armageddon and their slavish devotion to the synagogue of Satan.

And what rewards does simple white Pleasantville get for allowing the JEWS to control their minds? Adultery, homosexuality, niggers, and shitty music.

Pleasantville is the JEWS in Hollywood sneering down at us as they brag about how they destroyed and enslaved an entire nation.

Why would cucky not love the white race? how else is a nice blonde aryan girl gonna get BLACKED

Beauty and the Beast

Not a movie, but still the only thing that managed to scare me when I was a child.

Candyman Shh.

fuck off faggot

spiders are scary as fuck.
also the fear of the unknown and uncomprehendable

dumbest post I've read all day

you fucking serious? i laughed my way through both of those pieces of shit.

Nightcrawler
Apocalypse Now, somewhat

On the bright side, nobody really remembers that movie.

A lot of horror movies scared me as a child, but I believe that the first Woman in Black was the only movie to legitimately scare me as an adult.

The nearly complete isolation along with the paranoia that was forming in the protagonist really got to me. The atmosphere was great and there was no reason to like the ghost. She wasn't given a sympathetic angle like so many other horror monsters before her. She was just pure hatred and would never compromise even up to the final scene. There were very few jump scares and most of the scares had some build up. The one scene that comes to mind is when he enters her room and the candles in the hallway start to go out. You can almost feel her presence down the hallway before they all go out. The darkness seems to grow as she snuffs out the lights on her way to the room. The protag is obviously fucked as there's no way out. He's not going to jump through the window like an action star, so you can really feel his sense of hopelessness and desperation. You can also feel his frustration as he fails to save the children from the nearby village. I still love this movie, but I've grown used to it since I first saw it in theaters.

The sequel wasn't as good and really suffered from the bloated cast. It showed me that ghost stories really don't work as well when you have large groups of characters together all of the time. I think it would have been more interesting to keep the location completely at the house and have the main issue be all of the children getting scattered on the house grounds. If they really wanted an explosion, then they could have had a German fighter getting shot down into the house and causing it to go up in flames.

I found Event Horizon more interesting than scary. I would have loved to get more of it and the other dimension the ship got sent into.

I put The Thing in the same category as Event Horizon. I didn't find it scary and was far more interested in just seeing how things play out. It may have just been because I was very interested in how people lived in the Antarctic.

The Spiders were the scariest part of the movie. Those things still freak me out a bit.

It's pretty much the background of the lore. If you really are that interested you can check out a take on an extrapolation of what the events of Event Horizon could lead to. It's really fucking dumb shit though. It's grown men paying thousands of dollars to play edgy GI Joes. If so than by all means go ask in a qtddt and make sure to link it here when you do.

Background of the 40k lore.

Masterful parody of right-wing cuckteens

Yeah, the whole pharmacy scene.
I'm not sure if the original design for the spiders was scarier, though.