Researchers claim that humans have souls which live on after death

Fedoras on suicide watch

Scientists have claimed that death may not be as final as we once feared – and that humans have souls that can leave the body after their hosts kick the bucket.

It may sound like a supernatural myth, but the idea that human consciousness lives on after death has been put forward by a number of well-respected scientists.

And the British scientist at the forefront of the eerie theory claims that humans have souls which don't die along with the body.

We many not know exactly what consciousness is, but physicist Sir Roger Penrose believes that it's just a packet of information stored at a quantum - or sub-atomic - level.

Sensationally, he claims to have found evidence that this information, which is stored in microtubules within human cells, leaves the body after a person dies.

Sir Roger has argued that when a person dies temporarily, this quantum information is released into the universe, only to return to the body's cells if the host is brought back to life.

He argues that this explains why people can have near-death experiences, and believes that this quantum information amounts to a soul leaving the body.

The physics expert said: "If the patient dies, it's possible that this quantum information can exist outside the body, perhaps indefinitely, as a soul."

And Sir Roger is not alone in believing this, since his theory is backed by researchers at the renowned Max Planck Institute for Physics in Munich.

Experts there argue that our physical universe is just a perception, and that once our bodies die there is an infinite life beyond.

web.archive.org/web/20161106135122/https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/2123380/researchers-claim-that-humans-have-souls-which-can-live-on-after-death/

Other urls found in this thread:

phys.org/news/2014-01-discovery-quantum-vibrations-microtubules-corroborates.html
sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/01/140116085105.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_choice_quantum_eraser
scientificamerican.com/article/a-do-it-yourself-quantum-eraser/>>8098560
scientificamerican.com/article/a-do-it-yourself-quantum-eraser/
scribd.com/doc/104403793/Penrose-Roger-the-Emperors-New-Mind-1991
arturekert.org/miscellaneous/quantum-eraser.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Penrose
swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Project_Alicization
archive.is/8cE5e
montalk.net/matrix/157/spiritless-humans
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's a /fringe/ tier study, but it's right. Shills will swarm this thread. There will be an influx of people with a "masters in physics"

Hi Shlomo, whatcha slidin?

the lengths people go to to justify their kike on a stick fellating hobby is beyond me

No reasoning with them. Let them larp and ignore them.

Why in the microtubules, I wonder? As a cell/molecular bio major, I've never hear of this. But I'm not in neuro as much as immunology.

phys.org/news/2014-01-discovery-quantum-vibrations-microtubules-corroborates.html
sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/01/140116085105.htm

More research links. Breddy cool, but why is this on /pol ?

The concept of afterlife is much older than cuckstianity.

Im sorry but there is no evidence of quantum collapse going on in the brain.

Reported for intl.

Oh look it's moon man the prot cuck

Gonna ban everyone calling you a christcuck again?

Christfag here, but yeah…I don't buy it.

do all people have souls?
i dont think merchants have souls
thats why they claim they are gods chosen and that goyim dont have souls

Gnosisfags incoming?

If near death experiences are a part of the Soul leaving the body and thus the quantum information in the form we will have after death, then I wonder if this is good or bad, as being a maybe even deteroatiing package of concious-information spooking around earth, drifting helpless around with all perception being reduced to "light" or spontaneous visions seems a rather bad outlook on an afterlife.

Information can exist independent of time. They even did an experiment recently where they proved that memorizing information at a later date can help you recall words in the present.

Reported for intl.

Reported for intl.

you probably get reborn again
why else would the soul leave the body
there is no point if the soul just floats through the universe

As what?

a human

a frog

check that shit, look at all these dubs. As we meme it it flows both ways in time!

If this is true, then one's life should be mostly spent on feeding this conscious-information packet so that it isn't just drifting helplessly.

I'm a professor in theoretical physics, you are all faggots

the more dubs you get, the more powerful you are after you leave your body and fight the merchants in the 5th dimension

Explain quantum erasure experiments

What makes you think that Jesus the kike lamb is now God?

You think we don't want to live after death?

You know what you're problem is OP? You're a shitty person. A fucking asshole who thinks his feelings are more important than right and wrong. And I hope you suffer for it.

They're a Jewish meme, nothing to explain here

this is basically what Advaita Vedanta/ Kashmir Shaivism/ Mahamudra/ Dzogchen doctrines been saying all along

>a Jewish meme

Ive set up a double slit once myself faggot.
The wave-particle duality is very apparent.
Explain that.

And I'm the fucking pope. See, I can do it too.

Okay.

Well this was just what I needed in order to carry about my plan come Nov. 9th. Sorry christfags for ever doubting you tbh.

That's because you don't understand what time is, moron.

Time is motion judge and measured. So you have a human body or a hard drive "remembering things beyond time" because the system itself is still radiating and evolving, or decaying whatever you want to say. It's still in motion.

without motion, all thing return to the chaos of the void, the flux.

Deal with it.
signed: the greatest wizard on all chans

scientificamerican.com/article/a-do-it-yourself-quantum-eraser/>>8098560

oops
scientificamerican.com/article/a-do-it-yourself-quantum-eraser/

Oh so rude. You must be like a total rock n roll rebel, deeply invested in critical theory of society with all that sexy RUDE!

Grow up, lunch bpy

wtf

Theres no point either in creatures having to eat other creatures in painful ways to sustain themselves as we all could be just happy concious plantblobs with feet surviving on sun and water alone.

If what the guys says is true and we dont speculate further then we are left with what the near death experiences tell us and may have to think of these experiences then as a permanent state.

I for one, enjoy the shit out of this universe. It is both challenging and doable.
Its also very entertaining and I deem it good.

We should hope they don't ever find our souls. They'll imprison them.

The problem is… You're not always brought back. So that "quantum" (aka tiny) information can dissipate like radio signals into space

I have always liked the concept of non-local consciousness. The brain as a receiver allows for all sorts of interesting phenomena and explanations. Same goes for consciousness being non-material.

haha, plant bobs

I shouldn't have put off going to church for so long if this is the case

There is a point for eating and killing.
Obtaining resources.
At first it was all plant-like cells, then the oxygen was running out so some evolved as predators, and began feeding of the plant bacteria.

It would explain a lot wouldnt it?

lol die

Oh yeah… Totally go into another Jewish money scam that destroyed your race, right? That will change things
Or you could be a fucking man

Reported for intl.

Will you bring me back?

Im surprised this is coming from penrose. NDEs have been around for a while and theres some compelling evidence but its never normally taken seriously by scientists. Hopefully more stuff in this vein comes to the for, theres so much shit science ignores that has genuine merit.

Holla Forums is a kek board. /christians/ can go back to FOX news and infowars to lie to each other.
cry baby

shill harder faggot

Sure.
The mechanism in itself is completely logical.
The meaning of the existence of the mechanism is the question where it gets difficult.

Bump.

beelzebump

Sorry guys, I lied.

sage negated

I told it's just spooks

Will this help us MEME harder? I think it might.

Memes are fragments of our soul. They are the knowledge that is filtered and passed to the next generations. Like genes, that's why their name is like that. Memory + Gene.

Maybe the signal changes or splits up, recombines. The signal could be picked up at a different location or time. Both transmitter and receiver must be on the same wavelength or there is no coming back.

What? It's probably just memes and Kek coming into the world.

The only people on suicide watch are those whose god has been acting in mysterious ways for centuries now, instead of giving results like Kek does

Can't really judge the validity of this claim before he publishes his data and procedure. What information, exactly, and what is the mechanism through which it is stored? Through what process is the information "released into the universe", and what does that mean? Why and how does that information return if you only die temporarily? Does this require new physics, or is it explainable under existing models?

There isn't anything to discuss until he substantiates and explains further.

Protties always spergout when somebody questions their zionist denomination

You are on a board of wizards and christfags son tell us something we don't already know.

we're one off. but we may be close.

I'm divided on how to take this claim. Penrose is a god-tier mathematician – his books
are some of the best nonfiction texts I have read.
That being said, I think this new discovery is a bit of 'wishful thinking' on the part of Penrose. Firstly, Penrose incorporates a lot of assumptions and ideas that aren't strictly mathematical in origin – taking from philosophy and whatnot. In that first text, he makes far reaches to explain unitary quantum-mechanical manifestations in biology as the foundation of consciousness – meaning that he wants this badly to be true (since he would have been the pioneer of the idea). Notice the role of microtubules, which make up networks of structural organelles, these apparently store some sort of quantum-mechanical information in their configuration and this is released after death.

May God be with you

Holla Forums is probably the shittiest board when it comes to science culture.
and btw, what the shitty article quoted by OP tries to talk about is not the 'soul', whatever the fuck this word means, but simply a proof that suggests that the brain still retains informations even after death. And that's the whole point of the cryonics research

Nice slide thread.
>>>/christian/

This is Deepak Chopra-tier quantum bullshit.

Kill yourself.

tiny jews

stopped reading right there

How the fuck can the information be stored and then released in a form where it can then be reassured if you come back to life? That doesn't make sense. Also, people having near death experiences is already explained by science; your brain is losing oxygen and slowly dying so it is running through dreams to keep itself alive as long as it can.

Even if everything you are saying is true and we can literally prove human have souls tied directly to their bodies; it brings you no closer to proving the Christian God to be true. Hell, it wouldn't even prove any God to be true yet.

Is it a good book on AI? As in, providing a model of how minds work? Or just general philosophy?

Uh oh, better stop now before they post fedoras

I admit this study is kinda shitty, but you're objectively wrong.

That's the other stupid shit about it, where's the evidence they cite? Penrose is usually very fastidious (autistic) when it comes to his work. He is as good as Hawking, but didn't have the Lou Gehrig's disease to catapult him to mainstream fame.

Bump. Kill yourself.

OP, you forgot to post his "evidence". Post a photo of a soul.

You are now aware that there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that human consciousnesses dies when the body dies

You are now aware there is no evidence whatsoever that the universe with all it's laws and content popped into existence because of a phantom bomb going off for no reason

Kinda interesting stuff and all but from what I understand that this is more justifying the Hindus with their reincarnation or Pantheistic belief that when we die our souls become one with the earth and the trees and whatever. This doesn't scream about any proof of a Christian/Catholic belief in a soul, at least to me.
Just my two cents.

It's quantum! He ain't gotta explain shit.

He posits in the book that AI is impossible, at least in the sense of a deterministic computer like those of the 1980s. It's based off the assumption that no determinietic algorith can prove anything to be unassailably true (in a mathematical sense). This does not preclude nondeterministic machines or networked intelligence, but a regular .exe will never be conscious. It relys heavily on the idea of Perle's Chinese room and on the Turing-Church thesis.

I'm not even an atheist, I'm just pointing out how most protestants are good goyim and support israel

Bump and reported.

Hell yes! Finally I find someone else who shares my theory about consciousness. Here’s a link to a PDF of it for any other curious anons.

scribd.com/doc/104403793/Penrose-Roger-the-Emperors-New-Mind-1991

Good luck on your quest, user

Reminder that this doesn't prove any one particular religion is correct, just that atheists are wrong. Stop the religious bait you faggots.

Christianity is a spiritual wasteland, you'd get closer to god by lurking /fringe/.

Bump and reported for sliding the thread.

found it
arturekert.org/miscellaneous/quantum-eraser.pdf

It may sound silly, but one day "a regular .exe" may be able to simulate a neural network the size of a human brain or more.

I still think that's not enough, but who knows what it could do.

Ah, but that's where Penrose is trying to lay out his thesis. Is the program conscious, or is it kerely carrying out instructions complicated enough to trick a human? It sort of sums up the tay.ai dilemma.

Atheism/materialism breeds this ignorance you propound as intelligence. If you read up on some philosophy and do some reflection on it I doubt you won't come to the conclusion that there is some form of divinity or source of all knowledge that shapes this reality.

I'm surprised people find this surprising but less surprised that some still deny their own being.

What's interesting is operating under the assumption that there may be something there. Where is this information and how could a person get to it between mind wipes?

GOD OF THE GAPS
OD OF THE GAPS
D OF THE GAPS
OF THE GAPS
F THE GAPS
THE GAPS
HE GAPS
E GAPS
GAPS
APS
PS
S

If you faggots want to look into "life after death" you should look into DMT and the few studies and thousands of personal experiences written about it. There may be more to this life after all. But we won't know for sure until we die.

You don't need a scientific study to prove Muh God, you just need faith. So I honestly don't know what all this Christian kvetching is about. Proving fedoras wrong does nothing for your own personal salvation and just makes you look like a big turd.

God fucking damn it I was almost excited for a second

PRAISE KEK

Praise Kek!

The Sun is not trustworthy, but Penrose is absolutely brilliant without a doubt: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Penrose

Ah, the "Chinese Room" argument. I still don't see how that proves consciousness is quantum magic.

It's pretty funny to me how secular atheists and jewish retards (who by the way are in large part responsible for destroying Western Civilization) have a knowledge system which is based around negative affirmation

how fucking stupid do you have to be to hold this outlook, you don't know things because you don't have evidence for them you fucking child imbecile

If this (((article))) is true, then why do Jews fear death?

Shintoist here (not a cosplayer, I am born and raised Osaka) and DMT is a good start. So is reading Groff, Quantum Immortality etc etc.

The thing I never get, really, is the concept of a spiritual plane punishing you for not believing in it. Makes no sense culturally to me. Johness Newbart doesn't hate me because I don't know him or even believe he may exist.

Sorry for poor english

It is not about the Christian God, friend

Maybe Penrose will write a new book on this new 'phenomenon' mentioned in the OP. I take all scientific articles I read online with a grain of salt, but since this is Penrose speaking it piqued my curiosity.

user, come on.

Take responsibility for your own christian degeneracy.

Grown men that believe in angels and demons don't get to call anyone "child".

What if some people collect this info without knowing? Thousand and thousands of fascists and nazis dying in anger/frustration/"menefrego-ing", all those mini-capsulated feels swarming around and we absorbed enough to generate a collective awakening. Are we being forced to follow their will?Are we more compatible than others?
Fragmented soul information is fucking scary.

Reported for intl.

No, that was an underpinning of Western Civilization and secualr jews and their goys subverted it

First thing, I'm not sure if you're aware, but The Sun is a British tabloid so hated and full of shit that it is annually boycotted because of how it has slandered various people, including the victims of a football tragedy. It is also written in such a sensationalist, misleading and dumbed-down way that anyone barely-literate can pick it up and swallow it's shit.

So I'm not entirely sure it's the best resource for scientific and religious matters such as the soul.

a nigger :^)

Type the word ‘Christian’, kike.

Good job OP

What did Godel figure out that Cantor couldn't? That some shit is unknowable.

We're limited by our shitty architecture. And it IS shitty when you think about it. The depth of our sensory perception is piss poor. We can store fuckloads but our working memory capacity is complete fail.

Human cognition is based on division and comparison. Everything must be related to something else. If only one thing exists, it must be divided so that its parts can be compared to one another.

Ducere - Latin - to think:
Also means to command, lead, or draw (from). See, originally, this came from the metal, lead (think alchemy). Lead is heavy. Lead seperates. the Du is same root as "duo" as in "two". Cere is "creation". "Two creations". So to 'think' derives from "two creations" - a thought is a comparison, or a relation. That's all we do, every waking hour: We compare shit to shit, using a binary device. Whatever consciousness is, it runs on these shitty binary computers we all occupy.

'Truth' is a misnomer. No such thing. It's like insisting that the ideal forms exist. Bollocks. Everything is relative.

Be former physicist/computer scientist. Worked at NBI. Went cwazy. Now medicated. Try not to think about physics or epistemology. Don't want to go out like Cantor. Didn't figure this out through physics. Joined South American Ayuhuasca Church and tripped balls on multiple occasions. The blue wolf spirit showed me. (Beware the black dragon).

Jews don't have souls.

Where was kek when adolf died goyim? :^)

Nowhere did he say that word, moishe. TYPE THE WORD “CHRISTIAN”.

The world is a game where our souls come to play and kikes are the final boss

Soo.. kikes in space..?

Proof that Kek is real.

Everytime.

That's what happens when you build your civilization on a foundation of lies and propaganda. Bronze Age jewish fairy tales. And you assholes wonder why it all came crashing down. No wonder the west is fucked. Sad.

don't even start

Shit thread confirmed.

Penrose's objections to an algorithmic model of the mind stem from his ego. He dresses it up as a mathematical objection, but in truth it is nothing more than his personal prejudices and wishful thinking. He doesn't want Godel's incompleteness theorems to apply to him, because that suggests a limit to his mind that he ego cannot cope with. Furthermore, his shit microtubes theory is backed up by zero evidence. He only asserts it because he wants it to be true.

Worse, he isn't even proposing a non-materialist model of the mind, yet his "theories" gain traction with dualism morons who are looking for non-materialist explanations but are too illiterate to figure out that Penrose isn't offering it. Penrose's fanbase don't even understand Penrose.

Any time something pertaining to the supernatural or the afterlife pops up, they swarm the thread and angrily start tipping their fedoras at each other, even if neither of their sides have been mentioned.

Kikes are trying to hack this level, by opening gate from our 1st heaven (1st layer of the protocol stack) to the 2nd using CERN particle accelerator.

And everyone died at the final mini-boss.

This proves that we have souls and that life after death. It's doesn't prove which god(s) is/are true though.

What a wierd GoPro

According to Penrose, a regular old "exe" could simulate a human mind if the computer is attached to a geiger counter. A Turing machine enhanced with a random oracle. That is the meat of what he suggests.

I sincerely hope he's wrong.

I believe in a soul and all that but I highly doubt that science will never be able to prove that.

Russians hacked the light.

Can't wait til they claim magic exists.

this is well past >>>/x/ tier shit.
the lengths (((they))) will go to never cease to amaze me.

So an .exe that frequently makes HTTP requests to random.org, got it.

ITT: D&C b8 bitten on like a motherfucker.

Apologies. Didn't mean to quote that one user. You all are fucked in the head.

Yeah, exactly. Hardware RNGs have existed for ages. What Penrose is proposing is not non-materialist. We can build computers that have quantum sources of randomness easily.

Penrose proposes that the human mind is non-algorithmic, which means approximately jack-shit in practice to 99.999% of the population.

i-is that a uranium glass Kek?

I have almost died twice on the operating room table at different times. Heart stopped, breathing stopped, one time for at least 30 seconds to a minute.

I didn't see shit.

Now, I know there is more to this life than just 3D flesh, but we (humans) will never be able to label or understand it. It's like teaching the accordion to a praying mantis, it's pointless.

If you aren't convinced that we don't know shit after quantum theory, then you don't have an open mind.

Let's ask an expert on this?

I think you need 3 minutes without oxygenating the brain to count as dead. Not to steal your thunder or anything, but I'm not sure your experience applies.

Reincarnation is a part of every non-abrahamic religion and it goes without saying that it is the nail in the coffin for those anti-spiritual programs because fear of punishment is the only thing that attracts people to christianity or islam. Nobody adopts those programs on their own initiative unless someone planted fear into them first.

Pay attention to how hysterical the christians behave on these forums. It's a neurosis…

Interestingly, teachings about eternal torment or punishment are not in judaism. Strange coincidence…

Belief in reincarnation also should make defeatist, nihilist atheists reconsider their priorities.

I remember being a kid and thinking this. Then I got poisoned by materialism, greed, hedonism and atheism and became a bit of a tipper. I've come back to the light over the last couple of years though.

I love Penrose too, it made me take this entire story much more seriously than I otherwise would have.

If you guys like Penrose, I highly recommend reading the book "Visual Complex Analysis" by one of his students "Tristan Needham". It's wonderful.

sounds like fluctlights

swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Fluctlight

Prove it, immaterialist selfless user. Give me all of your money. Do it, user. Do it now.

Is Sword Art Online becoming real?
Did our love for Premiere meme anime into reality?
Is Trump making anime real?

Alright, explain this to me.
How would sandmerchants thousands of years ago (or anybody for that matter) be able to see the top of saturn, when saturn looks like shit even from a modern terrestrial telescope made with lenses which simply not possible at the time.

Cause all I see is hyperactive pattern recognition from an /x/tard.

But if it's true then SCIENCE CONVERGES WITH RELIGION IT'S FUCKING HUGE YOU GODDAMN COCKSUCKER IT'S FUCKING PROOF HOLY SHIT

I don't either but it makes this life meaningful, along with all the other moral stuff.

Fuck off faggot, you're suggesting that learning, theorizing and experimenting is in itself useless because HURR KNOWLEDGE CAN'T BE ATTAINED. Eat a bag of dicks.

For what it's worth, I knew. Consciousness always seemed to me as incompatible with a deterministic universe.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

In other worlds, Haki Zynkyoku was never insane, he told the truth all along.
THE JEWS FEAR THE SAMURAI

swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Project_Alicization

dubs confirm we will be making aryan waifu artificial intelligences by 2026

Praise kek!

Ok, so some of the inputs to the artificial neural network are from a geiger counter. Why not a pretty good random number generator? One that is statistically impossible to predict (i.e., a mic recording static). I don't see why "not random enough" would make a difference.

It is. The guy who made it even named it "Happy/Sad Bones 2012". Kek and Mr. Bones. Wild Ride as quantum meme magic, and I'm pretty sure the guy didn't even know he was under the guidance of the god of repeating numbers.

He became memetic energy.
You think the saying "You cannot kill an idea" is just an empty phrase?

Hey there Moshe, how's the weather in Haifa?

I double dog dare you to point out in my post where I stated,

I didn't. Go fuck yourself, I am theorizing right now that your mom dies of a slow painful death from breast cancer faggot.

Supernaturalist here, and I hate fedorafags as much as the next guy, but this is a
SLIDE THREAD
DELETE THIS

MODS DO YOUR JOBS
DELETE THIS SLIDE THREAD

Reported this for being a slide thread.

Hey kike! you know that we have archives here? archive.is/8cE5e

This isn't science. This isn't science at all. Believers trying to use science to prove the existence of God are just as cringe as Fedoras trying to use science to disprove the existence of God. What part of "My kingdom is not of this world." do they not understand?
>>>/out/

They probably memed the hexagram on to it.

I hope my fucking sides have immortal souls, because they've just died.

t. Italian Fascist

Jeffrey Satinover speaks upon microtubules in a book of his on their relation to a quantum consciousness. Apparently they can have several distinct states and be "switched" on and off like transistors.

Slide thread, sage

sage negated

Glad to see that there's other people that picked it up, saw it at a bookstore and thought it would be a good read.

See

Also,Godel Escher Bach is a fantastic book, as well as "I Am A Strange Loop." To tired to elaborate on it right now for other anons, but the idea of the recursively defining system is a great reduction of the general topic.

filtered

Nigger, that doesn't even make sense. Plants don't need oxygen, they make that shit.

When there is no truth, you make it. Morals, ethics, values, by enforcing them they become real.

The problem with a lot of 'everything is relative' is that it portrays itself as 'freedom' when at best it's 'the fenced off open air courtyard in a prison'.

The other problem with 'everything is relative' is that it fails to take the next logical step: We make truth, we make reality, we own up to it. We enforce it. The state doesn't make us, we make the state.

In reality, your self-defeating ideology should instead be a self-empowering one.

slide thread

Undercover Jesuit detected.

Hell is forever!

Also, if souls existed beyond time, a soul could live only once and still be eternal in that one life's existence. Especially if the past isn't as written in stone as we perceive it to be, it might not even be a bad existence.

Could simply be a meme created by the first speaking people misunderstanding it was not some "God" or plane of existence, but simply the combined wills of ancestoral souls punishing/rewarding them for how they had lived their live.

In short.

Be good or your dead relatives will punish you in there hereafter.

PRAISE KEK

right on time

I am a physicsfag and think this could be true. I have seen similar papers before. A simple thought experiment can debunk materialism. Which IMO is why fedoras are the bigger retards. The thought experiment is as followed take yourself kill yourself and then have somebody else rebuild you identically to the way you were before you killed yourself. Use the same atoms etc. after this has happened there is an identical copy of you standing in the room. A materialist would say that that is you because the copy is in material identical to you. But if your friend knows how to build you once he knows how to build you twice so he can build another identical you. So now we ask again which is you? There is no way of telling. The materialist argues consciousness emerges from matter and since these two humans are identical they must have the same consciousness. Well this would violate causality because you could put one copy on mars one here and your consciousness would be in two very distant places at once. The other possibility is that neither of the copies is you meaning there is another component that creates consciousness this would imply dualism. Also before you say each atom is unique (which has been proven false) then you would not exist because when you shit eat drink piss sweat etc you replace the atoms inside of you. However the fundamental part of your consciousness remains unchanged.

Another proof goes via Theseus ship. Imagine a brain and you start replacing neurons with identical new neurons. Once everything is replaced you use the old neurons to repolicate the new but identical brain. Which brain is the original. Which holds the consciousness of the original person?

I think it would be two consciousness.

He's going to need some hard evidence to back that shit up. Even if it was true there is no guarantee that such information would not degenerate due to entropy.

Why are people treating this as if it somehow proved there was/wasn't a god? Souls are an universal concept regardless of religion.

There has actually been lost technology in terms of lenscrafting and also you need to realize that the sky is very intense and easier to see with no light pollution.

You'd just have two of the same thing. No need for them to share a conciousness when there can perfectly be two of them existing at the same time. I don't know what the fuss is about.

This is pretty interesting, and I wonder what happens to the information, but I don't even need this to prove life after death.

Scientists have made computers out of neurons from rat embryos. Since the brain is a machine if you connected every brain in the world through wire or the internet or something we would be one entity. Consciousness is the observer the observer experiences life through the window of our brains. So when "you" die you won't die because you are the observer. That is until the eventual heat death of the universe.

The brain is just the interface we use to explore and experience this world

Our memorys are stored outside of time and space

When you day your spirit/soul leaves your body

We are spiritual entitites trapped in the physical 3d world

Reported.

Entropy IS your god you autistic STEM warrior. Each and ever one of you goes straight for entropy as the ultimate proof that the universe is an empty godless void that will just drift apart indefinitely. What sort of faggot pushes an awful idea like that based on some (((scientific))) notions he takes for granted?

Why would he need to give you absolute proof you giga-autist?

Your proof has no proof. You idolise a set of arbitrary ideas and scream PROOF PROOF PROOF at everything you can't understand

If you can prove it to be false feel free to do so. Also, keep strawmanning you fucking faggot, I have not claimed at any moment that the universe is an empty shithole, but unlike you I don't believe in random bullshit just becaude my fee-fees say so.

Either back up your claim or kill yourself.

I like how you kikes instantly go nuclear the second you're asked to prove your claims.

>>>/x/
>>>/fringe/
>>>/reddit/

you're very upset, which is not surprising when we consider that your supposedly unchangeable science has next to no answers whatsoever for all of life's most important questions, but you still devote yourself to it with all the fervour of a true autistic STEM warrior who's in too deep now to admit he made a mistake and his sacred science is failing him.

STEM.

Bring me the popcorn, I am getting down to read this thread!

Old people about to die don't want their life's effort to be wasted.

There could be a soul. It would defeat the purpose of it being there if you could prove it, because some rich asshole would perfect his soul and commercialize it for everyone else to buy their way to eternal bliss.

the idea and concept of Soul has existed before Christianity, you retarded historical-illiterate faggot.

Who do you even think you're arguing with, you schizo fucks? Are strawmen the only thing you're able to produce? I'm just an user asking you to PROVE what you say, the basis of all science/debate/fucking civilization and the method with which humans have been able to approach any sort of truth for millenia. You're in a taiwanese political origami forum, arguing with a person on the internet, not with the fucking voices in your head.

Go back to the mental ward, you shizophrenic fucks.

Materialism is a greatest kike scam since Abrahamic religions.

I wonder who could behind this? Focus on the real issues here, we're less than 24 hours out from the Don coming to the Huhwhite House. Don't let the kikes distract you with petty squabbles.

How are you even supposed to prove that?

(checked)
PRAISE KEK

We many not know exactly what consciousness is
except we do fucking know, we just don't understand it fully. 'you' is an effect of how the brain works. experiences are stored within the system as alterations in neural pathways and we together with genetic dispositions of neurons, we get specific character traits. this has been known for at least 30 years now.

what i find even funnier is that this 'article' claims it works via quantum information, a field of science which doesn't have a scred of actual evidence. quantum physics by it's very fundamental state can't be observed or proven.
how does he back up this claim of his when the field of science he is using has 9+ variations of fundamental theories, and none of which are actually shown to be true?

you would get further from God by lurking /fringe/
partially because evil spirits would come to you and try to distance you from God

Two groups;

A group takes a test

B group is told they will be given two tests, so take the first test, then review the material after for a later test. Only there is no later test. They just want to see how be group performs compared to A group given this scenario.

It's a very easy experiment.

If consciousness is created by matter then identical brains must have identical consciousness. They must be the same person. Now if humans were robots or NPCs as that other thread put it then that would not be a problem but we have consciousness qualia etc. how do I say this any better you are aware of your existence however if somebody were to make an identical you somewhere far away from you without you knowledge you would not be aware of the copies existence. So your personal awareness is more than just matter.

another way to think about is by thinking about Reanimation. If your heart stops people can restart it and you would be back. If your heart is removed it can be fixed. Where is the line? If you are obliterated by a jet engine theoretically people could go scrape up all your atoms and put you back together. Would you be alive then? What if they don't use the original atoms but identical atoms? This is where it goes wrong if you answer no then you are admitting you are more than atoms if you say yes then I could build two of you and you would be both of them. Think it through step by step.

If it's still hard to grasp because I explain this shitty check the video.

MAGA

You didn't, we're still faggots.

How did you measure the passing of a photon through slit A or B? You must have had a device for sensing light, right?

Wouldn't atheists be less likely to commit suicide if a study came out proving the existence of a soul that they previously did not believe they had

I mean, one would presume that atheists would be more worried about the state of a soul they'd never attended to and thus refrain from suicide at least until they'd had time to investigate this remarkable new information

I don't think you thought this thread through before you posted it OP

how long till we have a theory of meme magic?

(((They))) will run into a tech bottleneck eventually if this paradigm shift isn't allowed, and the information age is on the cusp of making the truth known anyway. It's discussed openly on various podcasts; perception and will shape experienced reality. Enlightenment and various preternatural abilities gained along the way are real, psychic phenomena are a fundamental part of the functioning of reality, the paranormal exists entirely within the array of the universe of infinite possibilities. 1/3 of the population can reach the second awareness with only some dabbling in meditation, entheogens, or by being exposed to the poorly understood psychic-energetic field which seems to exist (ley lines, window areas, ufo flap areas, portals, etc).

It only takes a few months of study to begin on the path to true freedom.

I'm quite fond of the esoteric, but
DMT production in the pineal gland sounds far more plausible.

They've been talking about this being a possibility in the microtubules for at least three years; it's cool that they finally found evidence for it.

What the hell is wrong with Holla Forums recently. It's all either occult abuse threads or animal magnetism stuff like this. This place is stuck in pedo panic shit and has lost the ability to adapt.

I have a theoretical degree in physics.

We've been interested in biology/religious shit since before even space elevator threads newfriend.

Because Quantum…
Pseudoscientific drivel

The concept of an afterlife or otherwise enduring human consciousness is not in any way limited to Christianity. As a matter of fact, they lifted the idea from a number of other pre existing religions, like so many other things including December 25, rebirth, virgin mother, holy trinity, etc etc.

user….

The thread is good, but unfiltered gip like the highlighted post has become all too common.

Ah, I should have checked which post you responded to my bad.

Quantum physics is actual science.
The new age spiritual crowd however loves using quantum mechanics as a means to make shaky connections with energy that sound scientific to the layman.

I don't think you understand what metaphysics is.

You explain it perfectly fine, you're just treading into territory that most people don't like to go. I think there's something instinctive about not wanting to think about stuff like this.

Fair enough; regarding specifically the microtubules storing information in the form of quantum entanglement (or "vibrations" here I guess) is one we've been looking into for at least three years and probably longer. The theory is sound given the structure of microtubules themselves.

Now, whether that information is useful, has anything to do with our memories/brain/self, and whether it is accessible after cell death is a completely different ball game I agree.

What valuable information this is. Congratulations to all who didn't sage.

>>>/reddit/

interesting

user, I don't know if you know this, but the only way that an atheist can account for the Anthropic Principle is by considering the hypotheses of Quantum Physics such as the idea that we might exist within a multiverse.

They do need oxygen, they just create more than they use.

This is why we dont have nice science threads anymore

I brought sandwiches into this thread.

SCIENTISTS something something QUANTUM something SOUL something
How the fuck someone who is redpilled can be this naive and retarded? This is some dnc shilling

PRAISE KEK!
DEATH TO JEW WORSHIPERS!

Thanks, but all the talk about cheese pizzas, pasta and hot dogs made me lose my appetite.

these look yummy

drugfags can fuck off and die tbh. providing the definition to a process using latin script doesn't mean anything idiot. definitions only exist in the human constructed world, DMT is just a "white voodoo" term for what some gibbering shitskin would call the door to the spirit world , the fact that chemical processes take precedence in your argument over the primacy of the observer or personality in the entire manifestation of reality shows that you are just a basic-bitch jewish materialist-nihilist.

He means carbon dioxide was running out. Plant eaters keep the plants in check, meat eaters keep the plant eaters in check. Life would exist for a much shorter period without these adaptations. Temporarily reversing entropy is a very odd thing.

For about a year I got bored of redpill after years of finding out all their is to know and went into greenpill. Lets just say that quantum consciousness and immortality is probably real. I don't know exactly what happens after death but our consciousness does not terminate. By the way this has absolutely zero to do with Cuckstianity. If anything, indo-european and japanese religions are more aligned with this new data but even then they are just interpretations of distant wisdom.

sounds about fucking right.

No point unless Christianity is the absolute single truth.

Which it is.

Well, considering that the New Testament specifically condemns materialism countless times, I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one.

Considering the Bible is just a bunch of semitic bullshit anyway no one here values your opinion.

Don't even bother chritcucks will deny to the day they die that their religion was written by jews, about a jewish messiah, who is steeped in jewish myths. Heck, I prefer judaism over christianity because at least judaism is contained to its own ethnic group while christianity is basically just judaism for the goyim.

Of the numerous atheists I've had the displeasure of meeting, including the ones I knew when I was an atheist, I have only met one who was post-college aged. He also was the only one who had any sense of tact and who knew how to argue. Thank you for your tally mark, I'm going to make a big mural someday titled "tallies of the children I've met who think they know anything about the world" and I'll donate it to Netanyahu.

Yeah,don't worry, we know.

Stay mad christfags. Please continue obsessing over the fact that there are people in this world who recognize your religion is trash-tier. At least you are not pretending to be true Holla Forums users anymore.

Can you be less obvious? You guys have been doing this for years yet you don't even try to git gud

Enjoy your D&C slide thread. Since when did Holla Forums become 4-Holla Forums?

Oxygen running out doesn't make sense? Okay, let's try the reverse position *rubs hands*. Evolutionary "science", everyone.
Low CO2 keeps plants in check, no need for plant eaters evolving. Also plant eaters evolving is detrimental to plants, it would make more sense for plants to evolve that drain resources from other plants and are resistant to plant eaters.

Kek confirms death is not the end

Entropy is the proof that the universe was created.

(checked)

Hinduists aren't pantheistic, they actually believe in a single true god, but all the demi-gods are just fragments of personality and purpose of that one true god.

Kike on a stick worshipers are usually materialists who don't actually believe in a life beyond the body. Unlike enlightened Fringe Wizards.

finaly I can walk into a wimmin changing room without anyone calling the cops. noice

Quantum erasers are severely misrepresented in literature to the point where people assign magical properties to the situation. This is largely the jews' fault.

Quantum erasers demonstrate simply that in certain small scenarios you can't take measurements without physically interacting with a particle in a way that disturbs its present state. There is no magic in them, but the jews want us to believe there is so we waste more time dicking around with useless math instead of figuring out how to build things that we can use to unjew the world.

let me know when they prove it. okay OP?
You posted this on /x/. Now here. Fuck off.

In case you haven't heard of Roger Penrose before and realized that he has been spouting this shit for years now and that this isn't news, let me spell it out for you.

THIS IS A SLIDE THREAD

THIS IS A SLIDE THREAD

THIS IS A SLIDE THREAD

THE ELECTION IS NEAR

THIS IS A SLIDE THREAD

THIS ISN'T NEWS

THIS IS A SLIDE THREAD

THIS IS A SLIDE THREAD

THIS IS A SLIDE THREAD

There is a god, yes
his name is KEK

i've been studying this for a while. i would have to agree.

read "the emperor's new mind". search talks by roger penrose / stuart hameroff. it's intriguing and makes more sense than ai foolks' "consciousness spontaneously arises when neural net reaches a critical level of connectedness"

there was a similar thread not too long ago OP, were you in that one?

what is it with kukolds and their kike-on-a-stick D&C meme?
the kikes hated jesus so much that they're trying to destroy the true words rather than promote it.

watch video related. i was watching earlier, at ~28 minutes right now. covers how microtubules can store memories. go to 18 minutes, enzyme Camk2 can crawl along the microtubule and phosphorylate sites on the tubule. And the phosphorylation site can code for a memory.

also is a possible mechanism for epigenetic memory. i.e., it explains how a learned behaviour can be passed on to descendants.

also the decay of these tubules offers an explanation for the underlying mechanism behind Alzheimer’s

underrated

doesn't necessarily even exist in this universe tbh, body is merely a vessel or teleoperation for the soul

mah nigga

it trashes the hard-AI camp and argues some physical mechanism beyond "a critical level of neural connectedness" is needed to explain consciousness. argues that it must be quantum in nature. stuart hameroff connected with penrose after reading the book and brought the idea of microtubules being the source of these quantum effects.

they tried this with something simple only a worm brain and it did jack shit.

watch video here

as a master in the 33rd degree of both meta and astro physics, i must inform you this particular premise in your theory is inaccurate for a large portion of the human population .

heh

montalk.net/matrix/157/spiritless-humans

Uhuh, that sounds unbiased /s

Better to get them to sit the test, then pick at random half of the test subjects and get them to go over the old test paper, so they learn exactly what they did wrong and thus study the past. Another group will be locked in a room with video games and intellectually stiumalating material to make them avoid thinking about it.

I can almost predict the results already: fuck all because it's a fucking stupid premise that defies the laws of nature as we know it. You'll have some varience if you use a hilariously low sample size, but there has yet to be an actual experiment that proves information travelling back through through time that isn't biased to hell and back.

definitely suggest reading.

also would agree with these suggestions

Praise Kek.

It's not about studying, it's about being told what to expect

Ok I'll tell my reincarnation story since its relevant and people here might actually be interested. I remember being born, 8 hours later I tried to sit up, I sat almost all the way up, my grandma and grandpa seen me when I was halfway there and ran out of the room and screamed "THERES SOMETHING WRONG WITH HERRRR" and my mom sat nervously on the opposite side of the couch watching me, she tried to tell them "she has gas" but they were like "no, its not that, its her BRAIN" then she picked me up and I looked her directly in the eyes and did that "sup" head nod thing. She said I looked like I was completely aware of everything that was going on. She said that when I was 6 months old I was speaking in my sleep with perfect english, always something about being in trees and falling and laughing like an adult. "get out of that tree before you fall hahaha!" "I'm gonna fall" "Don't fall" etc. then when I would wake up I couldn't talk anymore. Shortly after though I started talking and my first word was "eyes", no one else was there to see it except my grandpa, but then a few days later I said "baby's eyes" and pointed to my doll's eyes. Everyone screamed and ran out of the room except my mom. I have very clear memories of sitting on the floor in my room, closing my eyes and vividly and fondly thinking about being up in a tree with a gun at night, pointing it at the heads of some men sitting around a campfire, and thinking "thats what I'm gonna do when I grow up". My dad also told me that at one point I told him "when I died I was born" and that I wanted to kill my cousin. I told my uncle the time on a traditional clock when I was 2 years old, he said "SHES NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT" and then ran out of the room. Another time my mom was playing with me and I suddenly stopped laughing and looked at her pissed and said "I'm just done…" Other times she said she was breastfeeding me, then I would look at her with intelligent expressions, she had to look away because it scared her so much (maybe I was making a "yeah bitch I'm suckin on your tits" expression, I didn't want to ask though) So my entire infant life I was scaring all of my family members, possessed by the spirit of a person who was probably in the military, possibly a sniper or special forces, probably a man, and probably american since I spoke english with an american accent. I stopped being aware of my past life memories around when I started going to school at age 3.

So without further adieu, I'm going to get back to shitposting about the election.

Yes, the religion for gentiles forbids that. Funny cohencidence how judaism is 100% materialistic though.

Another cohencidence is the fact that the religion for Europe, christianity, is pacifist, while the one for the middle east gentiles is batshit insane and violent.

It's like someone decided to make a pacifist religion for the most intelligent, to play on their altruist weaknesses, and making an animalistic religion for the animal-men, to make them destroy the intelligent, so that the jews can control a bunch of willing slaves.

Yet the only way to impose it on the intelligent, was by force through the inquisition, by kidnapping the children of chieftains, and through torture and extortion, and even then it took many generations. Even today it is rejected!

Get a grip.

Actually this reminds me of the Ancient Aliens episode about Resurrection. I simply did not understand how catholics could think some bread is literally Jesus' body. But the way they put it was exactly like this. After being blessed, it is Jesus' body. At a quantum level.

You have it backwards. There is *only* quantum collapse happening in the brain. If there weren't, then everything would be in a superposition. Wavefunction "collapse" refers to going from an uncertain quantum superposition to a "definite" classical state. What we lack evidence for is the notion that various parts of the brain are in superposition and etc.

Nigga it's a metaphor

What a Fantastic shitpost
Polite sage

I get that reference, user

KEK BE PRAISED

It's more to do with this:

The thread

dude what

Europoor.

There was an attempt, but making fucking Bulgaria blue is what gave them away.

True.
Opinions are the thing Europoors and other non-Americans rely on to get their point across.

Kek blesses your ID, even if it's a tiny bit troubling how.

Fuck off nigger, back to reddit with ya.