Why rick and morty sucks

1. The show relies heavily on gimmicks. For example, S2E01, the entire show was about the multiple dimensions. Rather than just making an entertaining sorry, they focused on playing out the gimmick. The show does this so often that it isn't a treat/surprise/something different for viewers (i.e a bottle episode or dream episode).

2. The show does too many episodes where the main joke/story/premise relies on the idea that there a bunch of zany, but lazily thought out characters that look lor behave like other things. For example, the memory implanting worm episode with mr poopy butthole.

3. The show relies too much on the idea that it's "sloppy" or "improvised." There is so much "lazy" dialogue that it becomes forced rather than organic sounding

4. The gibberish sounding alien names and catch phrases all sound the same. Again, this is repetitive and feels forced.

5. the voice acting. Justin Rolland does way too many voices that sound the same. Ditto with dan Harmon. This takes viewers out of the show, especially when justin and dan have so many interactions with fans over the internet and are constantly promoting their shit, thinking they're geniuses, etc.

6. They rely way too hard on the 8 step story circle that dan appropriated from Joseph Campbell. The episodes become very predictable in their steps. Rather than relying on "story" they rely on formula. So you can always kind of predict how things will work out.

Justin and Dan do tons of redditing and interactions with fans on the rick and morty sub so it is not a stretch to call this show Reddit. And before you say Justin posts about rick and Morty on 8ch- he only did that once on Holla Forums and not Holla Forumsโ€“ where people would actually be watching and talking about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/McDonalds/status/891836358393683969
archive.is/bF9hk
archive.is/eqsx8
archive.is/wLZFs
archive.is/TCxlS
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You could have just summarized most of those points by saying that the portal gun thing is just a different skin on Family Guy's cutaway gags and that it fails for the same reasons.

Good episodes - exploring what would happen if a fantasy super scientist in the veign of Doctor Who had absolutely no moral compass and was driven only by personal gain
Bad episodes - Dude, like partying. Dude drugs

why this thread sucks:
1-100. OP is a massive faggot

t. redditfag

It's the last TV show i watch on its air date.
So there's that.

why rick and morty sucks

1. it's a western animation show from after 2008

These two things killed the show for me.

this thing revived the show for me

7. It's written by jews and women.

DUDE GET SCHWIFTY LMAO

No women until season 3.

whole season 2 was a filler season
they still made it kino

Get Schwifty sucked as did Interdimensional Cable 2. The rest is great.

This is you:

"Hey guys, you know that popular thing? This is why I hate it! Am I cool now?"

Fuck off.

Welcome to Holla Forums
If reddit said "suicide is lame we'll never kill ourselves" these contrarian cucks would be rushing to slit their own wrists, just to be edgy. Their obsession with reddit is insane

As someone who watched the whole series and mildly enjoyed it, I'm gonna say it wasn't great. To be honest a lot of people here say it completely sucks (which is a opinion that can be completely justified) but I'm guessing a majority of people really mean that it's mediocre. Kinda like how in video games a 7/10 score is considered average now and 5/10 = complete horseshit.
Just for the record, here's what I thought of the show by each episode.
That's season 1.

first of all only redditors defend reddit
second, suicide is awesome and more people should do it, redditors first of all

Season 3

Nope. I disliked it before finding out reddit liked it. It's genuinely shit. Try refuting any of the points OP made.

do ya think they hate comedy out of jealousy? i mean there are almost no right wing comedians, they're like inherently unfunny

It's because all the newfags came from reddit to Holla Forums, then spread to other boards.

huh, good points. cant really argue. i guess im just a dummy, but im going to watch it monday and probably laugh a bit. also, many of the RL scientists i know (im a dummy profession at an r&d place) think its a pretty good show. but phd's are usually pretty retarded and spergy outside their tiny little niche

You have to be a complete normalfag to think this shit is good.

Tiny Rick was the worst episode.

Why does R&M suck? The fans. The fans are fucking embarrassing. They think liking this show makes them smart.

things =/= lines

You could argue that there are 3 things at most but swanch only ever shows up during bird person and they're both stupid unfunny name gags.

S301 removed all interesting gimmicks like the galactic government and the all-rick space station, hard to guess where they'll go from here.

Also, they think Rick is the hero when he's really the antagonist.

There's an infinite amount of Ricks and galactic governments. They'll be back.

fuck, I wonder

go back

Get out.

Oh the blatant shilling for the damn Szechuan sauce from McDonald's on the season premiere back on April fool's makes this show feel like it's trying too hard.

Ah, a VPN or to the defense of his boyfriend? You must have same real father issues from him being drunk and beating the shit out of you. Was it scary for you? Was daddy mean as he beat mummy with the belt buckle? Did he draw blood, and the neighbors had to comes, and you had to make up stories about where the bruins came from so as not to admit your bad was a drunken, abusive piece of shit? Bet you're still angry about it, huh?

Is that why you're so obese? Does eating and eating take the pain away, drown it out, make you feel less ugly? Are you able to even look in mirror, or does it still make you sick?

(I was here discussing TELEVISION motherfucker. Don't try to get into mind games with me, this is where I was trained, and I promise you, I will ALWAYS win).

Nice copypasta.

It's going to be viral marketing for the live action Mulan movie. Calling it now.

This along with the blatant nihilism made me lose all interest in the series.

Is this you?

Retards like you are why the authors of dictionaries have to pretend that "jealous" means "envy" in addition to the original meanings of the term.

Hey guys

look at this funny meme

SCOOBYDABIDIBABDBDBABABABDBAB

laugh at these retards, point at them and laugh!

I hate it too OP for a number of reasons, but can we please stop bringing this shit up on here and keep it on Holla Forums, damn you?

Part of me is hoping you're not really this retarded and you are just swimming in too much irony. But your shit taste in animu leads me to believe otherwise.

>>>Holla Forums
>>>Holla Forums

Imagine being this utterly blown the fuck out. Just try to imagine it. You can't, can you?

No because I only watch my superior niponese cartoons, CG enhanced over one million times.

You are right, McDonald's is doing some retarded tweet to let Rick and Morty fans bring it back.
twitter.com/McDonalds/status/891836358393683969

no one is defending reddit, theyre attacking you for obsessing over reddit. some user keeps labeling things reddit arbitrarily. probably the same guy who shitposts about waifus and other such nonsense.

people who dislike rick and morty have to try really hard to dislike it. theyre obviously more interested in being a sperg than enjoying something. thse faga probably have bizarre interests that theyre trying to compensate for.

No no no, you misunderstand. You are being called Reddit because you didn't realize this is the meme board. We don't discuss film or tv except as a pretext to meme and post inter-racial erotica.

OP and a few others already gave plenty of good reasons to dislike it.

That's pretty much every board on this website. No board likes anything they're representing because it's full of raging shitheels that like to post edgy comments because "muh anonymity".

Subjective opinions are not a list of reasons you can show someone and tell them "these are facts about why the show sucks".

Is it "subjective" to point out that most of the jokes are repetitive? That is an actual fact that can be proven. Same goes for "lel so randum xD" humor.

The last episode was so bad it was painfully obvious it was written by a woman.

Holy fuck, you Reddit and Memey fags are dumb as shit.

Goes to show women ruin everything.

Only thing I find worse is its constant usage of made up words or that every sentence that comes out of the old spic's mouth is followed by a string of burps. Crap like that was cringy enough when kiddy shit like Adventure Time did it.

What was bad about it?

First the SJWs launched a campaign against the show for not having female writers:
archive.is/bF9hk
The "beleaguered" show finally relents, saying they will hire female writers:
archive.is/eqsx8
then the SJWs claim it was the best decision ever:
archive.is/wLZFs
archive.is/TCxlS

i just watched the new episode, and it was amazing how few jokes there were

It was written only by women, if I'm not mistaken.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. ๐Ÿ˜‚

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Is that Miley May?
Last I saw of her she'd gotten THICC fat

I tried to watch this a while back and had to turn it off. Literally couldn't finish the episode. And this was before it was cool to hate.

That is a fuck ton of projection. Why are trannies so fucked in the head.

Reddit is a leftist stronghold, and even Holla Forums uses it as an insult to others.

That's not her.
It's sad that she became so fat, she used to be cute

The show just feels like someone animated a loosely strung together series of retweets/youtube favorites from your average redditer. If someone could store your typical generation Y liberal mindset in a can that can would have Rick & Morty on the label. The inside would be empty of course

so new

So why is it that as of late any time anons start criticizing this show one or two faggots show up and start with "hahaha trying 2 fit n t we ;)" shit?

Yeah I'm the guy he's responding to and I think he's trying too hard.

I don't even have a compulsion to explain or analyze why I dislike it.. the reaction was gut-level. I just turned it off and never went back. Several months later I see that hating it has become a phenomenon.. glad to see it and glad to see its fans get shamed so frequently.

They're not in on the pretending to hate Rick and Morty meme.

Wow, you really don't get it, do you? Poor kid.

name a better AMERICAN cartoon

South Park.
King Of The Hill.

Who are you quoting?

Rick @ Morty is a parody of nihilism, just like Nietzsche.

Just like you is a parody of shitposting right? It's all ironic.

Well, that first picture explains the awful Maxi Pad road thing.
It also explains why the entire episode was one prolonged reference mixed with shitty family drama.

Shit wasn't even worth the piracy. I legit want my time back. I mean I knew what I was getting into, as I had previously checked out the earlier seasons to get an idea of what the show was, but man was it unprecedented amounts of shit. It almost felt like an actual hamfisted shitpost predicting the plot of some shitty sitcom had been turned into a script.

leddit is pretty fucking shit bruh, like shockingly shit sometimes.

it can be useful occasionally if you are looking for very specific information on some insular topic but the gen pop is disturbingly shit, I actually encourage everyone to glance at a popular leddit thread every now and then, often it will make me get up from my screen and go outside thats how shit it is

there is only one good leddit and that is cumtown

WHEN I SAY REDDIT YOU SAY

LICK MY BALLS

Dan Harmon looks like a shit version of Orson Welles and Justin Roiland using the same fucking voices.

It also explains that shitty ending with Jerry and the dog.

Wow. Holla Forums BTFO