I'm finding FreeBSD with gnu coreutils pretty damn similar (identical) to Debian...

I'm finding FreeBSD with gnu coreutils pretty damn similar (identical) to Debian... major difference so far is that I can't find Vivaldi for FreeBSD. The installer image for FreeBSD is 700mb. Also considering OpenBSD who's image is 350mb.

Linux or BSD?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_association_(psychology).
nerv.8ch.net/pol/tech
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That is a very incoherent OP, this board isn't for "free association" en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_association_(psychology).

Questions belong in the sticky and BSD vs Linux depends on your needs. If you're just trying to learn something new, go with BSD since you allude to knowing Debian.

Vivaldi isn't open source. I'm not even sure it's in the non-free Debian repositories.

You're not being cuked by BSD if you're using it, you're cucking the creators as much as you're cucking those of a linux distro. To be honest, even if you work on the linux kernel, you're still a cuck.

Ok then, second question.

Why are people on this board so much smarter than on 4chan /g/? I'm only posting here because I'm banned from 4chan for a month for posting a humurous terrorist threat on Holla Forums. You even fscking somehow psychically knew that I'm trying BSD to learn something new (having already tried Debian/Ubuntu for two years).

What do people mean when they say OpenBSD = cuck license, this is the second time I've seen someone say that.

The BSD license is very libertarian in nature. Some people can't understand why someone would let their work be used by the open source community and profiteer corporations who wont contribute back.

BSD licenses allow you to make it non-free software, which means they get cucked by corportaions that may take their source code without giving anything back in return.
BSDfags also tend to avoid or rewrite copylefted (specially GNU) software because >muh freedom to enslave.

Allows you to make additions which are non-free. BSD licensed software will always be free.

You're right, but you could make a trivial addition and make it non-free, which is essentially the same.

Autism, mainly. Recall also that 4/g/ is more of a board for adolescents to discuss headphones, than anything Holla Forums.

You forgot smartphones and mechanical keyboards.

I may spend more time over here if my autism improves.

Why are you using gnu coreutils? The BSD has a nearly identical set of POSIX utilities.

You straight up sounded like you were trying something new in your post OP.

I could care less if someone contributes back their changes.
The GPL in my eyes allows me to write free code. With the BSD license, any schmuck can make the code I wrote proprietary. That means I would have written proprietary code. I can't morally accept myself, user, if I ever wrote nonfree code.

You're obsessing over your code, and ignoring that you took the rest of the operating system for free.
> But my code IS really really special. It's an amazing feature.
Congratulations, your name is attached to it and when any big corporation that needs to alter your contribution, you'll be the first one they'll call.

You didn't write the non-free code, they copied it and made it theirs. Copying is as good as writing.

No, they cannot. They can make *a copy* of the code you wrote proprietary. Of course, if they add nothing to it, there would be no reason for anyone to use their version over yours. If they do add something to it, then they would be entitled to distribute the combined work under terms of their choosing, but your original work remains free, unless you suddenly decide to change the license.

BSD people believe that everyone is entitled to the fruits of their labor. GPL people believe that they are entitled to the fruits of everyone else's labor. It's utterly unsurprising that the originator of the GPL is a gluttonous commie Jew.

By free I was not talking about price. I have exercised my freedoms when building my operating system.
This fits more with the BSD licence. With the GPL, you don't need to attach your name to it. Why would they even call me, if they needed to alter something. Since my code is free, they have the freedom to make modifications.

To me it is the same as if some company hired me to write that proprietary code. Even if we discredit it as they are just making a copy, I am directly helping the creation of proprietary software / am contributing to the nonfree software community.

I denounced this claim that I want other people's changes in my original post. If the code is proprietary people can't even work on the code in the first place. I want to enable this labor to be possible. Additionally this labor is to benefit the laborer and whoever he wants to share with, if at all.

Because we have actual principles directing the collective knowledge acquisition of each user.

False.

No we don't. We are still meme central taking after the memes of 4chan.

I did that on weekly basis and nothing happened. Maybe because Holla Forums and /a/ is full of retarded power craze mods.
The cuck license meme is retarded because it's not your free time. The major problem with bsd licenses (aside the patent trap in one version) is the lack of cooperation. GPL at least made possible to not reinvent the wheel thanks to the lack of tribalism. Now it's fucked thanks to grsecurity drama.

Consider just getting Debian GNU/kFreeBSD and finishing the job.

There's a disconnect between your brain and reality. BSD licensed code is not proprietary. It will always be freely available under the BSD license. Furthermore, you don't get to say what other people do with their own code. I don't know why or how people inject their own politics into open source. You people are the bottom of the barrel.

4/g/ was way better than 8/tech/ back when it was good. But a combo of an eternal September and a SJW hotpocket killed it forever. The last nail in that coffin was the GNOME Women scandal and the shut-it-downing that happened.
8/tech/ would have actually been really good had it not been for PHP Pro and the dud making the board unusable for a year. Most of the good posters left.

Do what would make Holla Forums good? Removing all the meme speak. If we could discuss the issues by being clear and accurate in our language, we would go a long way. Instead, we have endless retardation in meme speak.

This so fucking much. Everything now is "botnet", "cuck", " SJW", "bloat" or other shitty buzzword.
I wonder if there's someone left here who actually knows what they're talking about.

Would you be interested in an alternative Holla Forums with words like those filtered or botmodded and more aggressive quality control in general?

Yes, but it is allowed to be included in proprietary programs. Users who use your code from proprietary software often lose several if not all the freedoms that free software has.

Yes, but removing political bias is the most important. If you were to say promote diversity nonsense and then ban any opposition to it, you'll soon be managing either an empty board or a something akin to a reddit sub.

What about removing some of the bickering about it without promoting diversity, by removing threads like ? How political should it be compared to this board?

You already have a safe space faggot >>>/gnussr/

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
reddit reddit!!!!!!! I write my own os.

>if you don't like my shitty off-topic threads you're a le commie tranny cuck dindu dindu (((muffin)))
Fucking kill yourself you retard.
You're single-handedly killing all tech-related boards and forums.
Just go to your echo chamber and stay there.

Jew. I see you being jewish. Time for the oven.

reddit jews are attacking tech again

OP, this question really boils down to how much of a UNIX pureist you are and your current opinions on linux and BSD.

Would anyone be interested if I created a NatSoc flavored Holla Forums board (/natsocket/)? We don't discuss SJW or niggers, because we know they are cancer and there is nothing else to add. Promoting of Jewry would warrant a lifetime ban.

There's >>>/poltech/ for what it's worth

What's the fucking point, you might as well start porting systemd now

Niche boards like that tend not to do so well though. Of course the real problem is that so many SJWs on Holla Forums can't handle the bantz. What is better is just to browse nerv.8ch.net/pol/tech

It's dead jim, last post on there was 9 days ago and there are threads from last halloween still up. Shame because this could have been a nice niche spinoff.

Fuck. You.