Old tech thread

Anyone know how to find local places to buy old tech? I need a crt tv or pvm and a older laptop. I've tried goodwill, ebay, and craigslist with no luck.

I'm not going to do your work for you. I just wanted to call you a lazy lying POS.

It'a called your local hardware store or OEM parts store.

It's called there are crt tvs every place he mentioned. He want you to find it for him.

ya I definitely wanted someone to find shit for me thats why I didin't give anyone the info needed to find stuff for me or even the state I live in.

Try goodwill, ebay, and craigslist.

I've already tried I need something more creative then that. The only other idea I had was looking to see if any hotels we replacing old tvs but that didin't pan out.

You're a fucking retard. Craigslist is mostly free kittens and free CRT's. If you can't find one there you need to an hero immediately. People are literally giving them away. Literally literally.

you can ree about it all you want autist but it wont make what you say true. There are two crts within 20 miles of me, one is a shit tier sub 20inch with coax only and the other is way too expensive for what it is.

That exact fucking image you used was the first result on ebay. If you keep bumping this thread, I'll report as spam.

That tv is on the other side of the us I'm not going to risk shipping it.

Have it insured.

yea I'll try that, retard.

You only have a bike or something?

Those are probably just the ones that are anywhere close to him. What he's saying is that he's not having any luck with traditional means of finding crts and is looking for advice on a more creative way to find one.

He's not having any luck because he's a moron.

Please explain. In what reality does wanting a decent crt that's not just some coax piece of shit and not finding one on the usual sites, for your location, make you a moron?

There are these wonderful things called dumpsters that you can dig through that are filled with treasure. Perhaps you should look in one of those.

Add a zero to those 20 miles you've been searching in and I guarantee you will find one.
You'll just have to spend all of Saturday driving to get it, but if you for some reason don't want to have one of the regular sellers on ebay ship it to you then that's your only option.

where the fuck do you live? bumbfuck nowhere? crts are common as dirt. i can walk to a store and buy one for 2 dollars.

try kijiji.

I think he wants something a little higher grade than the regular dime-a-dozen crts.

So he wants a high end CRT he just doesn't want to pay for it and he want's it to be within walking distance of his house and he wants it right now?

If you look at the OP it says "Anyone know how to find local places to buy old tech?" HOW and LOCAL are the key words there if you missed them. In another post he mentions not wanting shit tier stuff that you can find everywhere. I think he just wants advice from people on where to find the crt to buy besides ebay, craigslist etc.

Find a local thrift shop

Check your local transfer station or "E-waste" location. IE the dump.

The dump for my town has a semi truck trailer just open where you walk in and drop off your E-waste. No one really watching it. Ive backed my car up to drop of some broken things and picked up a few goodies.

This. I've gotten some amazing finds at "last chance" places.

Trufax: 99% of SDTVs were too garbage for component, Y/C, or even composite to make a really noticeable difference. Unless it's an aperture grille set, it's almost never worth caring about signal quality, so just be content with the flawless motion performance and interlaced display even the cheapest CRT TV produces.

You are fucking blind and deaf if you can't notice the night and day difference between RF and better connections.

garage sales faggot
/thread

Goodwill is shit for electronics.
>look for TV because audio output from computer monitor is pure shit even through line out/headphones/stereo processor using computer monitor via HDMI for vidya console hookup because fuck you some games aren't on PC and inb4 "hurr durr muh gaymes" and tvs generally fare better there, plus ability to use my antenna for bedroom local TV broadcast pickup because TV tuner card is a piece of shit and doesn't work

It's simple: it's Holla Forums so everyone wants to make themselves look cool and shit on people.

Are you fortunate enough to live in a rural area? A lot of places, people take "old" shit to the dump or recycling center.

Non-RF actually working with stereo being one thing.
How does that work anyway? Television comes in through coax and has stereo, but game systems require composite or better to get it?

TV shows through coax is a digital signal, you can get 5.1 out of it.
But things like a console or VCR will use an analogue system