WHO WAS THING

This needs to be answered.

Well, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

thething.wikia.com/wiki/R.J._MacReady
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Neither were the the thing.

It's in the title, nigger.

This, OP, Childs and Macready were both human but by that point there was no food, no shelter, no radios and no transportation left, they were just a pair of men doomed to die in the Arctic and too paranoid to trust each other.
I still think Macready probably lit Childs up after sharing the whiskey, as a parallel to when he poured whiskey into the computer after losing in a game of chess to it.

Didn't Carpenter create the ps2 game as a sequel? Weren't they both human in that? I do remember the thing surviving past the 80s movie and then getting destroyed later.

I think Childs is the Thing. The music at the ending only plays when the Thing is around. After 30 years, people are still questioning the ending. What a great film

The only body that was found was McReady.

It looks like Macready somehow survived.

>thething.wikia.com/wiki/R.J._MacReady

It looks like MacReady had several adventures after the 80s The Thing.

you guys aren't aware of the game and comics? macready fights more things in like swamps n shiet.

Childs was the thing, you can tell by the clothes

wrong

*Childs

Everyone became the thing. The whole point is that you don't know, even at the end. The movie was more scary because of the suspense and that you didn't know if you were looking at the monster or a human. Honestly the end was perfect because you don't know whether the humans just killed themselves and now all thats left are monsters, who have copied humans so perfectly, that they are suspicious of each other.

eat my cummies ;))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Only the simple-minded need this question answered. Intelligent people understand that part of the horror of the story is that there's no certainty about who is or isn't a Thing.

incredible

I don't give a fuck what the recent bag of shit claims, Deckard is human. The ending of the original film would lose all meaning if he wasn't.

I don't remember glowing face parka man

Both were the thing. You see earlier that when split apart the thing(s) are independent. It's in each of them and trying to figure out how to get the other one, not realizing they're already got. They're putting on a show for nobody.

id wuz caulld DA THANG bitch

Paige you just need to watch it again.

I wasn't aware of the comics at all. I knew about the game, but I never finished it.

That was a really interesting video. Also, Childs does fully transform in the comics. I know Carpenter personally worked on the Game, so that is canon. Universal worked on the comics, but I'm not sure how much input Carpenter had. It would be interesting to see the Thing in a different environment. It was shown in the movie and in the video posted to sometimes go for straight kills rather than assimilation too. It might be interesting to see the Thing in the jungle somewhere with the only civilization being some native camp. They could then just say that it can't assimilate cold blooded animals or insects. which would explain why it doesn't immediately spread. They could also make it where recent logging activity or a fire has scared away most of the animal life in the area.

The prequel was interesting, but a bit stale.

Scott made Deckard a full blown Replicant, retard. That was the purpose of the ending, his dreams weren't his.

WE

the game is canonical,so play it and find out.

AYO HOL' UP
YOU BE SAYIN'
WE WUZ THANGS N SHEET?

it eats spiders

Scott was a fucking moron for doing that. Deckard as a replicant is dumb and meaningless. The core of the Dick novel is that replicants lack empathy and the main quality of a good blade runner is to lack empathy for his targets. So the horror of the story is losing humanity you already have, not being a robot like them.

Deckard is brutal to them in the films. He never speaks to them. He shoots them in the back or ones that spared his life. He hates his job because of how merciless he needs to be. And then Roy spares him and shows empathy, and proves he attained a humanity that Deckard had shed.

Scott missed the point for a meaningless twist. In his version Deckard is a highly advanced replicant - the most advanced emotionally - and Roy's transcendence above his limitations has already been casually achieved by Deckard.

u wot m8

He lies to them. When he's in his confrontation with Roy, he doesn't talk. It's all business.

The real question is how did Macready end up in New York after he survived and what happened to his eye?

cocaine is a hell of a drug

Probably has something to do with what happened to Fresno Bob.

just thing things know what im sayin?

we know how he got to New York. how did he get to Atlanta?