This is absolutely nauseating. Why do I have to read this...

This is absolutely nauseating. Why do I have to read this? Can I launch a career in the computer world as young and brilliant as I am without this meme cert? Do I have to go to jew school?

If you were as clever as you claim you are then you wouldn't have signed up to a 2 year quest to obtain a single sheet of toilet paper in the first place

I thought the A+ cert was a literal fucking joke. It's like best buy type shit.

I've heard people get jobs with CCNA/CCNE/etc cisco networking certs.

You can. I've never been asked for my resume. All the jobs I take were offered to me.
However, that does mean you need to be visible. Imagine a company looking for an employee. It's extremely hard to find a good employee. You have no idea how hard it is until you've walked in those shoes.
Resume sites are worthless as everyone lies, in-person interviews take a lot of time and 99% of people turn out to be worthless. They'd much rather hire someone they see already doing what it is they want to hire for.
So, you do things publicly. Work on open source, interact with communities, network. Even go straight to the source and find projects you think could use you and contact them directly with some demonstration of work on their project.

First, you're not brilliant. As for that meme cert, even computer science at a shitty American community college would be better.

This.
During summer, I've been in the top 2.5% under tag C++ of stackoverflow (not because I'm good at C++, but because people are on vacation in summer and don't answer questions), which got me 5 job offers through this platform.

You don't. Why would you?

GEEK SQUAD
found the nigger.

How do you compile a language? Who writes this stuff!?

Kek.

I should clarify, just in case I've confused Pajeet. Basically they have said something like, "you compile 'THE C LANGUAGE' to make programs, when of course you're really compiling source code written in a language.

Formally, in function notation, a compiler which turns language A (ex. C++) into language B (ex. Assembly)
Compile: A=>B, a->c(a)
where A, B are languages, and a is source code belonging to A. And c is our compiler (say Clang).

Autistic enough for you guys?

ArchNEETs detected

Splendid. "We don't want to pay you so work for free." Also that only works if you're a brogrammer.

Idiot who wasted money on A+ training/certification detected.

Help people install GNU/Linux and make connections. You'll find ways to be useful. Eventually, people will reach out for your service.

I'm a socially inept power autist, you don't need to be a bro. As an example you'll probably call LARP, I was playing some vidya recently and it broke my save. So I reverse engineered the game and fixed the bug and my save and posted the fix on their forums. The devs offered to hire me as a part-time contractor so now despite having never worked on a video game or even used Unreal/Unity before I'm now a gamedev on a game with sales in the millions. Combined with my day job, I'm making over $200k/yr.

yeah right, and my dad is CEO of Nintendo and i make 400k/yr shitpostin on Holla Forums.
stfu you pathetic larping fat loser.

Why would you even read a book for this? The only prep that is necessary is taking some practice exams over and over to make sure you know what THEY want to be the correct answer. Most of the practice exams out there are practically the same as the actual test.

A+ is a meme certification for retards who aspire to make $12/hour repairing computers for Fry's.

Yeah, having a job is pretty retarded. The smart ones are NEET forever.

Fellow RE autist.

If you want to be a retard then go ahead

Oh, I didn't say that. I agree that the way forward for society is to make everyone unemployed.

The smart ones get real jobs with decent pay instead of spending money to receive a certification that only qualifies you for jobs with shit pay.

Actually smart people know that a job's "realness" or even its usefulness isn't determined by how much it pays.

Hey, if you want to pay money for a certification that will get you a job that barely pays more than fast food restaurants then that is your perogative. However, you can get far better and more technical jobs without any certification if you are not a retard.

You are the retard here, in case you didn't realize that already.

I landed a 75k/year job (equates to roughly $36/hour) with no certifications and saved up enough to start my own business. The retards are the people who literally paid money to get a certification in order to be paid hourly doing computer repair (which is essentially menial labor)

A retard is someone who says "hur jobs dont real unless they pay $99999999999999." So congratulations, you are retarded.

Stay mad faggot. Keep paying money for shit certifications to get shit jobs that aren't even enough to support a family.

Stay retarded faggot.

lol sounds like this is a senstive topic. Too close to home?

No, because I'm not retarded.

You sure are acting defensive user. Are you sure this isn't a personal issue?

You know this just further proves you're retarded, right?

He's probably just buttmad because he spent money to take the A+ test and failed. Possibly multiple times.

I have never taken any such cert and never so much as implied that I have. Retard.

hourly wagecuck detected

Retard detected.

Yes you can. You can do it with less effort and without paying money to obtain a certification. If you are brilliant like you claim then you should be able to figure out how. The reality is that an A+ certification is only useful for entry level computer repair jobs which do not pay particularly well (especially compared to other computer-related jobs)

What a (((faggot)))

You aren't being tested on knowledge, you are being tested on your ability to not autistically lash out when subjected to psychological degradation. This is an important ability to display in today's workforce. I wish you well in your future efforts to find a different career after you've been replaced by pajeets and botnets.

Certs are a scam to get you to pay money to take a test so you have a piece of paper to make some HR cunt or recruiter that doesn't know notepad from google chrome will think you're qualified to do what you already knew to do.

I have to believe this is true. I guess employment isn't for me. What do I do instead?

It is a racket, but one you may have to pay into for your desired job.

lol, it should be *months* MAX. The A+ is not hard.

Yeah, no, it's not hard to find good people. You just have to manually read resumes. For someone technical picking out good candidates by hand is easy. You're having trouble because you're allowing your HR to filter people based on memey buzzwords they basically make up. Then HR delivers you a handful of people they have assessed as being suitable, using possibly the exact opposite criteria you will be using.

You don't have a job because you think like this. You will always play second fiddle to people who critically think about the core of an idea, while you're wasting time finding nitpicks you can refute in an attempt to make yourself appear more intelligent.

I guess if someone really desires to have a job fixing computers for close to minimum wage.

You keep repeating this mantra but it isn't true. A+ certified people tend to write tickets for double minimum wage and have the chance to be promoted to solving some of the easier ones for triple. Not that you'd know that making $700 a month.

Regardless you can get a job as a software developer with no degree or certifications and make far more than some bullshit A+ cert required job. Hell, even lowly support engineers are better off. Companies like Amazon pay their support engineers 70k+.

Not that you'd know that doing computer repair for Fry's.

Also what the hell is Fry's? Is it some yuropoor shop? Why would you need an A+ to work at Best Buy?

It's a major computer parts store.

So a pretentious Best Buy for commies?

It was a long time ago. Now it's full of washing machines and TVs.

Don't be such a retard. It's just a warehouse sized electronics store. Think of it like Costco for electronics.

Interesting. I'll admit I have only been there a couple times. I usually order my computer parts online.

It started in a transitional period and had a hard time findings its way when people mostly stopped building computers and what was left of that industry went online. So now it's full of garbage. Makes me sad. That was a great era.

shut up. no one cares about your feelings faggot

Do you need a hug, user?

Still feeling salty about that cert you wasted your money on and the shit hourly wage job it landed you?

I thought he was the guy going on about walking up to the manager and looking him in the eye in order to get a gorillion dollar dev job.

CCNA holder here. I’ve had it for over a year now, applied to a hundred tech jobs, couldn’t get one. Eventually, in an interview, I mentioned that I use Gentoo and the interviewer thought it was really impressive and it landed me a job making more than I ever have.

It's pretty easy to put some projects on github and apply for dev jobs until you get one. There are literally hundreds (if not thousands) of recruiters actively looking for new talent. I guess if you're too much of a retard to finish a few projects to put on your github or too demotivated to actually put yourself out there then you'll be a hourly wagecuck forever.

It's painfully obvious that you've never actually had a job. Do you mind not posting in threads such as this?

It's painfully obvious that you've never attempted to get a good job. Do you mind not posting in threads such as this?

This statement is a lie.

Okay then you failed to get a good job which means you lack talent. That's even more pathetic.

Why couldn't you be an actual robot?

Cool story bro.

Hi there, same boat here!

I even used Cisco own job networking portal after obtaining the "necessary" certs, no dice. I'm optimistic now because now that I'm not optimistic I have no hopes to crush. Feels good.

Since the anecdotes in this thread relate only to programming, how do you get an infosec analyst job without being a network engineer for X amount of years because you never got your A+?

There were millions of Pajeets that got CCNAs over the last 3-4 years. It was a huge gold rush. Good luck getting a job with that. Try for CCIE or something they'd have trouble with.