Why is this a franchise?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cars_(franchise)#Merchandising
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cars_(film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiator_Springs_Racers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hey Holla Forums

hey cancer

Do you hear your parents crying in the room next to yours after they find out your life consists of making boogeymen out of thin air and being unable to storytime a simple Power Girl comic?

It sells a shit ton of toys. More than Toy Story apparently

Toy sales are everything.

Evidently. Cars' actual ticket sales are comparatively mediocre.

Plus it's Lasseter's baby

But why?

Didn't you have toy cars when you were a child? Children are going to buy toy cars anyway, it's brand recognition. Lightning McQueen or whatever is more easily recognisable to a child than, say, an otherwise nondescript toy Ferrari

I didn't. I found cars boring as shit.

So did I but I still had toy cars. I would have also found ordinary trains boring but I loved the fuck out of Thomas the Tank Engine. It's the same principle.

Same reason autistic kids love Thomas the Tank Engine, and that other show with trains that were sentient.

They enjoy sentience in mechanical things, for some strange reason. Lots of learning apps for autistic kids have objects and vehicles with faces, as they respond to them better than human faces.

as a former autist, i can confirm this

ayy fucking lmao

Fucking horrifying

Does making them look like they have down syndrome an important part of the appeal?

Early cgi was something from hell

it's more of a design thing

it's like transformers but retarded

i mean

more retarded

Autism

Because young children, specifically young boys, love shit like hotwheels or matchbox cars, so of course they're going to cash in on this tendency.

Autism doesn't go away tho

You just grow out of certain tics

i'm talking about pics in question

Cars had the 2nd highest selling merchandise after Star Wars. And that's BEFORE Disney brought SW.

Is this accurate?

That sounds unbelievable, have a source?

According to claims made by Pixar and Disney during interviews a few years ago, they had sold $10 billion worth of Cars merchandise by the time the second movie came out in 2011

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cars_(franchise)#Merchandising

Because they make enough money to justify sequels.

Also because even when you complain about them you tend to go watch them anyway.

The films themselves make fairly mediocre box office returns. They're by no means failures but they're not big successes either.

you can't trust jews about their money

But you still have the autism.

What fucking merchandise is there apart from that main car toy?

this rivals star wars?

My autistic nephew is obsessed with this shit. THAT'S why. It's one of those franchises that has stumbled upon that perfect formula of general 4-9yo mass appeal and autistic gold. It's like sonic, but more so. As you may be able to tell, I've grown bitter about this damn franchise after 1 too many Cars-themed parties.

sage for shit thread regardless

sage negated

Hey, highjinx

I was coming in here to post this. At least Cars wasn't the cringe inducing nightmare jayjay was.

have you seen cars 2

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cars_(film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiator_Springs_Racers

How does this work?

a film's budget is away doubled for promotion

because kids like talking cars apparently

>>>/jojo/

JoJo?

I LOVE JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE!

They say that a symptom of autism is shoving your special interest into everything unrelated to it.

Those always cover only production

Wait just a second.

Are you culturally referring to infamous Mangaka Hirohiko Araki's flagship shonen and sienen series mostly known as JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?

what? you hate cars or something?

I'm sorry user but I believe you have stage 3 autism.

It's pronounced JoJo no Kimyō na Bōken in Japan.

Fun fact: you don't see much TS-branded toys for blokes like Mr. Potato Head and Slinky Dog because they were real pre-existing toys licensed from other companies

What? I had a Toy Story branded Mr Potato Head (and Mrs Potato Head) and Slinky Dog when I was a kid

Fun fact: water is wet

DUDE LMAO

Nigga, the fuck you talkin' bout? Both of those things are easy as shit to find

bump

Machines only work the way their creator intended them to without receiving any praise or respect, the autist probably sees himself as a soft machine and is attracted to that.