ITT: dark fucking shit

Hey, let's open our X-Men adventure with a little asian girl being gunned down.

What the fuck, Claremont?

Claremonts fucked in the head

John Byrne did almost the same thing in Superman #4, the first appearance of Bloodsport.
I can't find the issue to show you without downloading a gig of crap, but he pretty much mows down a crowd in a diner with a minigun.

The silly thing was the reavers came out of fucking nowhere, but the X-Men act like they already knew them

The Nineties, man.

Wasn't this the 80's?
There may have been cocaine involved.>>807440

This artwork looks distinctly 90s. If this was published in the 80s, it probably was during the late years of that decade.

It's Marc Silvestri. I would have said 90s because he's one of the Image founders but he started on Uncanny X-Men in '87

I forgot how hardcore the Reavers were.

Compare that to the pussy faggots in Logan. Weakest part of the movie by far.

It's late 80's. I dunno why, some of the X-Men stories started getting really grim at that time.

The worst part is: he didn't even fight in Vietnam

wait if he didn't fight in vietnam then why is he pretending like he did? Is it a stolen valor thing?

Chessus, this is even more edgy than OP's pic. At least you didn't see the little girl getting gunned down.

It's been a long time since I read the story but as I recall he had a brother who fought in Vietnam and lost his legs/all his limbs whilst he fucked off to Canada to avoid the draft

Yeah but all you see in the Superman is a bunch of lines. The X-Men has the bloody bullet wounds and the mother crying over the dead child's corpse

How long did he last? 7 minutes?

He had a gun with Kryptonite bullets

kek

yes it was part of dc's reboot to make superman less silly and stupid

So he does it out of guilt then. The concept could be interesting but the edge kinda takes me out of it.

Guilt and PTSD. When he found out his brother took his place and got his limbs blown off, he went crazy

He was eventually stopped when they wheeled in his brother who told him to stop being a dick.

>GET DOWN!

Nice stilted exposition.

Aside from that it's pretty cool though. Also nice to see where Hideo Kojima ripped off a name for the save girl in Metal Gear Solid. He stole it from this comic because he is a hack and a thief, just like how they stole the soundtrack to MGS from Speed.

You mean where they disembowel an entire family for no reason?

Crisis was more about removing the clutter than anything. New 52, that was about trying to make their characters less 'stupid'

Mei Ling's a very common Chinese name.

It only made it worse.

nice distortion of the plot

Both fair points, but honestly i just don't wanna see this shit in either X-Men or Superman.
Especially fucking Superman. X-Men can sorta get away with it, but that shit does not belong in Superman by a long shot.

Are you fucking serious?

And yeah, MGS rips off a lot of shit. This is hardly news when the main character is blatantly and admittedly a rip off of Snake Plissken.

Would you like it if he went down to your place of work and started screaming "THIS GUY'S SUCKING COCKS!"?

Nuke was a similar character in Daredevil, but he was a Captain America/Rambo type obsessed with OUR BOYS IN NAM who was mostly just killing people by collateral damage, kind of like how that one user keeps insisting The Punisher does.

"oooh who was that lunatic?"

quality writing

Complete absence of refutation here.

Avoidance of the original point here.

Do you engage in a hobby for people with a significantly reduced average IQ and poor emotional coping skills?

Mei Ling, Meilin or Meirin is the third most common name in Taiwan. It's a common name
MGS' rip-offs/homages are usually obvious. There is absolutely no indication that Kojima even reads, let alone ripped off, X-Men or any other American comic book for that matter.

So, my question is, are you serious?

You've got your shit all messed up. I was agreeing with you dumbass

this is just fucking gratuitous and doesn't belong anywhere near a superman book

I have no fucking clue what you're babbling about.