Hey Holla Forums, I need your help

hey Holla Forums, I need your help

I've been using firefox for years because it was a comfortable choice, but it's always been eating my ram and it's been getting ridiculous after the last update, sometimes reaching even 3 gigabytes of ram usage.

A change needs to be made, and I need a new browser. Preferably one I could carry all my bookmarks over to, and one that can run my plugins (ACM, adnauseam and such). Can anyone give me some advice regarding browser choice?

pic somewhat related

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/sudo/res/54875.html
support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/performance-settings?as=u&utm_source=inproduct
start.me/en/pricing
qutebrowser.org
0x0.st/srAj.patch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The usual suspects: PaleMoon and uhh, I was going to say WaterFox and CyberFox. Forget about those. PaleMoon it is. (AdNauseam is blocked on it by default but as usual you can force to install it.)

Is there something wrong with WaterFox?

Cyberfox looks suspicious as fuck, it always did.

yet, I'd suggest you try out GNU/IceCat as well. PaleMoon will definitely not use more than 1g of ram.

Disable JavaScript or stop visiting Holla Forums.

Here is why Firefox eats a ton of RAM and dies on you: 8ch.net/sudo/res/54875.html

It's a problem with Holla Forums that's fucking your browser.

Besides that OP use this and set it to 1: support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/performance-settings?as=u&utm_source=inproduct

All of you are tech-illiterate shilltards pushing your shitty forks of Firefox and not knowing why Firefox is fucking up in the first place.

See:
and: (use this script to help unfuck Holla Forums wasting your ram)

Not an issue in palemoon :^)
58 tabs and ~1GB of memory usage

Pathetic. If you optimize icecat enough you can get 150+ tabs and 750MB's of ram used if only pictures and text are loaded.

Seems plausable, it's not a bad browser, yet I won't believe you unless you provide an evidence. I haven't optimized anything in palemoon, though, it's like that by design :^)

who fucking gives a shit about RAM you fucking niggers i have 128 gigs of RAM why the fuck should i care if a fucking browser uses 1 of them

Fuck off cianigger A.I and DELETE YOURSELF.

It would take a ridiculous amounts of (You)s for that to start causing a problem. Don't tell me you never clear your browser cache.

not an argument :^)
also, you seem a bit triggered, user, is everything okay?

It's the smiley face. It's a dead giveaway it's (((you))).

b-but a-user kun, i-it's an o-old meme, a-are you a n-newfag?

sage

Sage negated

literal cia niggers

This looks terible.

Why does the furfag make threads constantly pretending he's a retard who doesn't understand how memory management works?
Not to mention the latest update to firefox, the dev edition at least, reduced memory footprint significantly.
But memory doesn't matter, at least the one that your winfag task manager is saying was consumed, because it always gives it back if the operating system asks.

Fuck off with this thread. You have not said anything new the first ten thousand times you made it, and you will not say anything new as long as your autist browsers continue to exist.

wtf i love mozilla now

>start.me/en/pricing
I doesn't even make them any money.
They'd even have to pay just to get rid of the ads.

==> icecat dependencies:
- gtk3 (already installed)
- gtk2 (already installed)
- mozilla-common (already installed)
- libxt (already installed)
- startup-notification (already installed)
- mime-types (already installed)
- dbus-glib (already installed)
- alsa-lib (already installed)
- ffmpeg (already installed)
- libvpx (already installed)
- icu (already installed)
- libevent (already installed)
- nss (already installed)
- hunspell (already installed)
- sqlite (already installed)
- ttf-font (already installed)
- unzip (already installed) [makedepend]
- zip (already installed) [makedepend]
- diffutils (already installed) [makedepend]
- python2 (already installed) [makedepend]
- mesa (already installed) [makedepend]
- gconf (already installed) [makedepend]
- libpulse (already installed) [makedepend]
- gst-plugins-base-libs (already installed) [makedepend]
- inetutils (already installed) [makedepend]
- yasm (package found) [makedepend]
- imake (package found) [makedepend]
- autoconf2.13 (package found) [makedepend]
- rust (package found) [makedepend]

GNO

Cyberfox is the best of them. Unfortunately will be discontinuing.

So you're fine with something requiring two different versions of GTK, two vpx codecs, pulseaudio, fucking imake in this century, gstreamer, but you draw the line at rust? You fucking idiot.

b-b-but muh coc and muh sjw

Or... you download IceCat and run the executable. Works out of the box, just create a shortcut.

didn't mean to quote you, sorry

oy vey

qutebrowser
qutebrowser.org

If you're using archlinux, apply this patch to the icecat PKGBUILD
0x0.st/srAj.patch