Why were mods pushing everyone to archive so hard recently?

Anons getting banned for it. Very aggressive. Since when do we have rules against not archiving? Never saw anyone banned for not archiving until a month or so ago when this honeypot was active.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/
gitgud.io/ahitler/AutoArchiveUserJS/blob/c22c91ffd1800d435658aab17c2027825aa512f8/user.js
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It has to do with avoiding giving them clicks and therefore shekels. The archive isn't a honeypot after auditing and it doesn't make sense to be unless you actually have to download something. If you're not worried however, just turn off javascript or use an alternative archive site (there are tons) so as to avoid clickbait.

Because its generally a fucking good idea so keep records of things in case the kikes try to change it or shut it down.
It also prevents websites from getting ad revenue from clicks, or being able to track where new page views are coming from.
One archive service being compromised is unfortunate, but that doesn't mean we need to start fucking directly linking to Buzzfeed or the Cuckington Post. There are other archive services that as far as we know are not honeypots.

It only got so bad recently because we got a huge influx of newfags from 4chan and reddit linking directly to various shitty kike-run rags.

inb4 I typed all this for nothing and this is just another autistic anti-mod drama post

this

also don't hotpockets already have access to our ips? why would they need to bother with honeyposts? still a question worth asking, though it belonged in the archive.is thread, not in its own one. lurk 2 years, newfag

ctr shills and cuckfugees tend to spam with lazy unimportant threads with shit formatting

ftfy

This shill is again back in this thread.
He got banned shilling and is on tor.

I wish every link would be converted into a archived link automatically through scripts when they're posted here.

So you would have the original link,wayback link,archive.is,and a screenshot picture of the web page generated automatically when the site detects a link being posted.

Probably to much for CodeGooky to pull off, but I would love a simple feature that spoilered part of any link posted so it breaks the link but it still copypasta-able.

Something like archive.is/

I swear it's at least partially shills who complain about everything.

The 'archive' autism was reaching clown-tier and ((mods)) were going along with - same time allowing pics of niggers screwing human women to remain up.

GAS THE MODS FOR THIS POST

the 'format right!' assholes are worse than the 'archive!' assholes

Autism.

No shit? Archiving is an important thing for many reasons.

the 'format right' assholes were doing it to shit up the board. (or rather, they started the wave, and retards followed along.) D&C shills don't have to hti every single thread, just enough to get idiots who follow every new fad to join in.

maybe Holla Forums can help,but no they are just fizzbuzzers

The funny part is I wrote a UserJS to auto archive any link on Holla Forums and no one gave a shit about it, and the mods refused to sticky my thread. Now the sad part is these fagot moderators want everyone to break links because muh http referrers and muh sekrit klub because theyre too retarded to ask kikemonkey to add noreferrer to the rel attribute of anchor objects, which in turn breaks my auto archive script.

gitgud.io/ahitler/AutoArchiveUserJS/blob/c22c91ffd1800d435658aab17c2027825aa512f8/user.js

Fuck archiving. First we couldn't copy and paste articles. Only links were allowed because we "needed" to support those websites. Now it's the complete fucking opposite. The mob is fickle. Fuck that shit. Just copy and paste the entire article, assholes. It's that simple.

I can see the reasoning behind it.
1) Doesn't give clicks/attention
2) Preserves information before it can be edited.

This is why you use archives hosted on an impartial 3rd party that is unlikely to edit them.

The broken links shit is one of the most cancerous memes going on right now. It was originally meant to ensure there'd be no referral information carried to polls so that people hosting polls wouldn't be able to point to our votes as evidence of "rigging".

But now people are breaking links for no good reason at all, just links to news articles and such. And the worst part is that they are doing it wrong - instead of just not including http at the start, they insert one or more spaces into the link, so you can't even fucking click and drag, you have to copy, new tab, paste, click, backspace, enter, because some dumbass didn't bother to ask how to properly break a link.