Black Mirror is fucking stupid

So everyone has been telling me for months that Black Mirror is fucking amazing and that it's this super intelligent mindfuck series about evil near-future sci-fi stuff. Social commentary and the way technology affects the way we interact… Sounds interesting, so I start watching it on my friend's account and what I got was..

This shit is pure retardation and creatively bankrupt bullshit parading as inciteful, biting commentary that can all be boiled down to "TECHNOLOGY SCARY" and "what if people were really, really stupid?"

yeah pretty much

Yeah just that pig episode was enough for me to think the series was trash. People seem to praise the show because they believe everyone is a mindless sheep which is what nearly every storyline depends on.

I kinda saw them like little standalone weird things happen twilight zone esque kinda shit. Man you could green text any show to be as shit as you make out but if you look at it in a slightly less serious context some of the episodes were actually pretty entertaining and original. Some episodes were pretty shit but all my criticism of the show is more about creative choices, shitty aesthetics and casting.

lmao

Twilight Zone more or less stayed in it's lane though, it very rarely, if ever, dipped it's toes into being "social commentary", at most maybe some broad platitudes about how mankind is easily corruptible/gullible in a few episodes.

The show can be entertaining and it's certainly a well put together show. Having each episode be it's own Twilight Zone-esque stand alone story does a lot to help the show along.. but once you get past that surface level and the twist is revealed, it makes everything you've watched much worse, not better.

Like the PM Fucking a Pig thing hinged entirely on a lot of flimsy gimmicks. It was all some artist's performance piece.. and also he's a pro hacker who can hide his tracks while orchestrating elaborate threats and he's even willing to chop off his own finger, but then he pussies out at the last second. The entire episode, you're asking yourself, "Why is this so important? Who would go to these lengths? What's the meaning here?" and the answer is "some pretentious maniac wanted to troll a politician" and somehow it escalated to that politician actually fucking a pig for over an hour on live TV.

netflix shills.

Charlie Brooker is reddit incarnate. He made his career on worthless "DAE THINK REALITY TV SHOWS ARE DUMB?" commentary.

Yeah, that's pretty obvious after watching this.

It's a comforting lie to think everyone is so easily controlled. Makes you feel like you're smarter and that those that disagree with you are being manipulated to do so.

Yet another victim of hype culture. You'd probably have enjoyed it more without having too many preconceptions about it before watching it.

That episode was probably my fave. Maybe the cheating wife thing was too much of an easy way out but it was a good idea and it made me uneasy to think about that "what if?" scenario, which I guess it's mission accomplished.

That was probably the worst episode.

But at least they're all entertaining to some degree and they didn't force any agendas to a large extent, except for the one with the dykes.

Oh I have to disagree with that one the Twilight Zone does a lot of social commentary and on a lot of different levels. Many many episodes are devoted into the exploration of the human psyche individually and collectively and it is all relative to the West.

Yeah tbh I would never watch any of them again because like you said once the twist or whatever is revealed you get nothing out of it. Great for a one watch but after it wears off to easily, the social commentary is also way to obvious so it doesn't feel like there is a lot of depth when you are done. I think they rely on very crude things to grab your attention as well instead of actually interesting writing. Like it was suspense, suspense, suspense, suspense, cum, done, cya later.

The reality is, if you have to have the thought "Man people are really easily manipulated, I guess I never noticed before, at least I'm not dumb like those people" you probably are still being manipulated, just on a different level, realizing that is the real "redpill" for the real world, but people want to believe they're Neo in the Matrix.

Read American Psycho, there is no way out

I think psychology has actually proved me are all quite easily controlled and manipulated. So has advertising and platforms like Netflix. You say people aren't so easily controlled well then why do we have things like hype culture or trends? You are the one lying to yourself if you don't see how people are manipulated or even brainwashed by shit because they just blindly follow a herd instead of putting the foot down and thinking about stuff independently.

Even if you look at the most basic of conformity experiments in psychology I think you are going to find that you are the one comforting yourself with lies. An uncomfortable one.

People won't even say how many fingers someone is really holding up if everyone else in the room says its something else.

It's been awhile since I've watched a lot of TZ, but off the top of my head I can think of maybe 3. The one where the guy lets the devil out of prison, the one where the commie revolutionary kills all his friends, and the one where the English Teacher is convinced by his dead classsmates to keep teaching or something.

Prove me wrong user, I sorta want to go back and watch these episodes if there are that many like them

What is the significance of the title? What is a black mirror? I am retarded if that helps.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it's meant to be something like a dark reflection of your own self. Technology bringing out the worst in people, that kind of thing.

"Eye of the Beholder" has a lot of social commentary on how our society works. So does the one were the guy builds a time machine and he brings back that bandit from the wild west to the modern era. Ummmm that one were the guy just wants to read his books but he is oppressed by all the burdens of modern life. The one were the aliens take over the whole town just by fuckin with the lights in everyones houses and they all end up trying to kill each other. Uhhhh you remember that one were the guy is like a nervous wreck and his shadow self ends up trying to take over him and hes kind of having a mental breakdown from being so pressured to find work and being in debt? So many are revolved around "is the guy just crazy?" and thats usually related to them being exhausted from the kind of lifestyles people tend to life or a lack of understanding of the human interaction with others. I felt they covered that a lot more in the 80s version though. But I have to say, I think most of the episodes in The Twilight Zone all involve some level of social commentary, especially on interaction with people and strange events.

It's a distorted and perverse reflection of our selves. - wasn't me who came up with it

I forgot about The Monsters are Due on Maple Street user, it's actually one of my favorites, thanks for reminding me

Cellphones. When your screen is off it's black and reflective, like a mirror.. but dark and spooky. Get it? Because the show is about technology and social media?

Every single episode that I can think (except one or two like the one were the girl turns out to be a mannequin) is based around some social value or axiom. If its not that then its looking at the personality and how it disorders and splinters itself under various types of trauma, unknowns, and pressure. Its definitley better than Black Mirror in every way.

In a more literal sense I think a "Black Mirror" is just supposed to be a TV or phone screen

So what was the one where the guy accidentally uses a genie wish to become Hitler all about?

lmfao hahahaha that one made me lol so much.

That ones just a classic genie story, though I remember that guy as well was like a failing buisness owner and his wife was the typical nag who always saw the stupidity in things but was to uptight. I guess its social commentary about the wishes of ordinary men of the 20th century and how, like all genie stories, you better be careful what you wish for…. OR THE TWILIGHT ZONE WILL FUCK YOU UUUUP

Personal favorite is were William Shatner gets BTFO by a fortune telling napkin dispenser

Either a) you've never watched Twilight Zone, b) you're dumber than a bag of rocks.

So, of course you decided to make this shit thread. Black Mirror has been discussed over and over again and it's the opinion of everyone who's not a fucking retard on Holla Forums that about half of Black Mirror is decent and the other half is just shit.

Also:
That was one of the good episodes of the last season. If you weren't a fucking retard, you'd know that this episode is basically extolling the virtues of anonymity, anti-social networks kinda thing. It's basically why people use imageboards: the episode. Fuck, the negro at the end is wearing a suit. Can't get any more obvious than "pool's closed."

Saw 2 episodes, the pilot with the PM going at a pig, and the Christmas special
Those 2 were recommended, for a pilot, one of the most important episodes of a series, i though it was shit. I couldn't manage to identify the scenes plenty, the acting was very serious (albeit amateur at times) but the dialogue and topics were completely retarded, it was like seeing Airplane! but with no good jokes and trying to be drama. Normalfags must be deranged to pinpoint a genre into it, especially drama, it was a real mess

The special was pretty good but had plenty of errors or side story supposition that didn't make sense. I found it to be a waste of resources, taking into account that with a little more money to polish the script and 2 to 3 actors more it could've been a great film, but instead we got a BBC TV movie where abandoning a cuck bastard child that killed your entire relationship and life means 10,000 years of solitary confinement

Nice going Britbongs, at least the guy who told me about this didn't sold it as intellectual food

No shit dude all tv shows are fucking stupid plebs watch tv shows and most plebs that talk about movies therefore watch tv shows and have shit taste

That's why they don't worth the time. Series that someone says is good will 95% tunr out to be shit

It's twilight zone for retarded liberal brits.

It's a great MSTK3000 style show though, you can watch just to appreciate how fucking terrible it is

the head writer is a massive retard, people really treat this moron like he's a real sci fi author

OP when he realises that his friends are gay.

I find the show extremely overrated. Reddit seems to praise it like it's gods next best thing. But it's pretty plain or shit. Honestly this show has nothing on twilight zone.

In other news, water is wet

Yeah but they treat it as a massive obession. You get banned for critizing the hive mind point of view about movies and TV shows.

They're called metaphors.
You'll get it someday, kid.

test bump on this thread. I think it got fucked by some server hiccup

one would imagine that reddit is too young to remember mst3k. most people here certainly are.

Allegory, not metaphor, and it's pretty bad allegory at that.

Well, they did reboot it with "nerd icons" Felicia "I'm literally fucking a septuagenarian to have a career" Day and Patton "I totally didn't kill my wife" Oswalt and put it up on netflix, so reddit knows.

It is thought, especially the one where the fat blue retard became prime minister hit real close to home

This was a seriously butthurt OP. You can literally make anything sound dumb if you write it like a retard. Black Mirror was a pretty good anthology show that's filling the gap now that there is no Twilight Zone. Series 1-2 was much better than Series 3 though.

"Hated in the Nation" and "Men Against Fire" were the only weak episodes. "The National Anthem" and "White Bear" are difficult to fully appreciate if you are American as they relate back to current British society. The fact that you can't say what you don't like about it without saying "nigger" or "cuck" makes me think you are a politisperg who can't accept that Charlie Brooker despite his baby brain social commentary and worldview created a decent show about dangerous new technology.

The show has its high points, but man did it get stupid at times. The dumbest episode is the one the CGI character becomes the leader of a country and turns it into a distopian world.

t. britcuck

The fact that you can't accept criticism of a mediocre show that has higher production values because someone typed the words "cuck" and "nigger" makes you sound like an overly sensitive faggot who is projecting his own self-worth into a show that's not as smart as you convinced yourself it was.

Most of the episodes have little to do with "dangerous new technology" at all. No one is inventing permanent eye-based cellphones that record your memories. No one is proposing we make AI-clones of people's brains that have to be psychologically tortured to run smart houses. No one wants to elect Hatsune Miku as fuhrer of the world. No one believes that amnesia inducing headsets and improvisational live theater are the next big thing in capital punishment.

If anything, this show is a very grim reminder that most people don't fucking understand technology at all, or what people would be willing to accept for the sake of convenience or modernity.

Waldo never actually ran anything. He was the face of comical political disenfranchisement that was coopted by politicians. Again it might just be a brit thing but we actually have joke candidates like Waldo that have nearly won seats in parliament (Comedian Al Murray as his pub landlord "comedy" character went up against Farage in Thanet and retards actually went along with it)

Fuck off armchair psychologist. I don't like cuck and nigger because they are trigger words to get politispergs to agree with you on demand without actually having any arguments. None of the shit that happened in the Twilight Zone was realistic, didn't stop me enjoying it. It's a 'black mirror for a reason, it's a dark reflection, what something could look like if it went too far. If you want a horror show about the modern day, can't you just watch the news?

t. triggered britcuckold nigger

The show's pretty good. I like that we now have like a science fiction version of twilight zone. Thee episode of the lesbians was pure shit though, didn't feel like a black mirror episode at all and was just pure pandering.

I think you mean inexplicable?

Psychology studies are almost exclusively bullshit, user. You are falling for a meme.

Wow, a cuck and a nigger. Are you Idris Elba?

No, you fell for a Holla Forums meme.

t. nu/pol/ americunt redditfag

Would've been an alright idea but interracial lesbians felt a bit on the nose. Even just lesbians would've been fine but Charlie Brooker clearly wanted to make the most inacessible unrelatable love story he could for brownie points.

The point i'm making is that ever since Holla Forums and lefty/pol/ invited reddit here, people will spew buzzwords rather than discussing the merits of the thing in question in an obvious attempt to fit in. It's like with Mad Max: Fury Road, a lot of people wrote it off because it was "feminist" when it was actually a decent film.

Someone rarely goes outside his room here

>>>/reddit/

Cuckoldry is literally having someone else fuck your wife. It ends up being common enough in Black Mirror to be a repeating theme that someone will eventually discover that their child wasn't actually their child and wacky future technology was just a plot device to facilitate an otherwise soap opera-tier relationship drama script.

Even without being seen through a Holla Forums lens Fury Road was objectively shit. Your kikery is showing.

I am actually Idris 'Fucked and Cucked by a Handsome White Buck' Elba though, so no offense taken.

Your mind on reddi/pol/. Fury Road was not great but it was in line with the other Mad Max films at least.

I don't post on reddit.

Holla Forums invited reddit to shill for trump, dont blame Holla Forums for that shit

lefty/pol/ and Holla Forums have both invited plebs over to bulk out their fucking numbers.

Holla Forums was the first offender with their sub-reddit meltdown and coming to take refugee after cuntfy kicked them
And then Holla Forums fell for the useful idiot meme and invited them for digging threads, which ended in redpill sessions, which ended in half of the board being complete newfags about almost everything

Neither do I, but as far as I understand, netflix seen has highly positive and good and Felicia Day and Patton Oswalt both have a good reputation as "nerd icons" even though Felicia Day has never done anything good in her life and Patton is a bitter middle-aged faggot who spends all his time whining about politics on twitter.

she was in the best Fallout, so that's something

As one of the worst companions. Otherwise, her most notable accomplishment seems to be cashing in on the commodified LOL I'M SUCH A NERD XD culture at just the right time.. because The Guild was fucking awful, Geek and Sundry is pure cancer, and anyone who gives Wil Wheaton a career for being Wil Wheaton deserves nothing but scorn.

I thought there was just something in Star Trek contracts that make sure you get work after becoming completely unemployable as an actor.

The show has its high points, but man did it get stupid at times. The dumbest episode is the one the CGI character becomes the leader of a country and turns it into a distopian world.

/pol's a satire board though, literally no one with an IQ over 40 belives in all that nazi bullsh*t

15 million merits is a metaphor for Charlie Brooker's career.

>a gayer version of a 90's gay scifi show that's a rip-off of an ok 60's scifi show is not as good normalfags told me it is
ok

The Circle was kino unlike this shit

Because they can be enjoyable.

People see someone else is enjoying something and they think of maybe trying it themselves, then possibly enjoy it and continue. That doesn't mean they're 'sheeple' or some nonsense, it just means some forms of entertainment can appeal to a wide audience that wants simple entertainment.

And advertising does not make people do unnatural things, normally they're just telling stories to try and convince you that one product would offer a more pleasing experience than a competing product.

If someone does think they've been manipulated by advertising to enjoy something they wouldn't have enjoyed doing had they not seen the advertisement, then I'd like to know what that is.

Because they start doubting whether they're seeing something right. That's not masterful trickery that would change someone's values, it's playing on people's concerns that their eyesight is poor or that they're having a brain fart.

The problem with Black Mirror is somewhat similar to what you see in the documentary Supersize Me. There the guy doing the documentary based his entire movie on the premise that if someone ordered a meal at McDonald's and was offered a deal to 'supersize' the meal that they'd take it and proceed to eat everything even if they weren't hungry. He proceeds to talk about how the option to supersize should be done away with and that having so many fast food locations is making people fat just by being around. The reality is that people don't typically eat when they're feeling full, to believe they would requires that you imagine people as being nothing but mindless pigs that eat everything within arm's reach or something ridiculous.

And I thought that meme was dead.

Any study of a "science" as wishy washy as psychology shouldn't be taken seriously.

This.

Watch vid related

My overall opinion on Black Mirror is "meh". Actually, I feel a lot more negative feelings than positive feelings about it. Most of the episodes are just plain shit, especially the ones with female main characters.

There were a few episodes that I found enjoyable, but every single one that I enjoyed also had a complete retarded twist/conclusion, and they all left me feeling dissatisfied in the end, and felt like the potential of the story/idea was squandered.

Exactly, this was the main thing that ruined the few episodes that I enjoyed at first. In both of these cases (the christmas special, and the one where the guy uses eye-recordings to find out his wife is cheating on him), the guy's wife was cheating on them in both cases.

The guys seem completely justified in getting pissed off, and pretty much nothing that they do seems too morally reprehensible to me. At most, the guy in the christmas special killing his ex-wife's dad was "morally grey" at worst and it makes zero sense that the little asian girl died from walking out into the front-yard in the snow. Must've been one retarded kid. Natural selection at work.
But it feels like the show starts being really moralizing, and these characters are treated like they've "become the villain". They end up getting completely screwed over, and the attitude of the other characters/narrative seems to act like they deserved it all.
It's really annoying because the show seems to do a pretty good job of making the audience sympathize with these guys, then turns around and just makes them out to be completely unjustified assholes, when they were mostly justified in doing what they did.
And it seems to portray the cheating wives as victims who didn't really do much wrong.

This. And I think a much more egregious example was an episode that I was enjoying at the beginning. The one where the kid starts getting blackmailed to do various tasks by some unknown person who hacked into his computer, and it turns out that there's a whole network of other people who are also being blackmailed. I started thinking those same things that you said, "Why is this so important? Who would go to these lengths? What's the meaning here?" Also a big mystery of the episode is, "Why is this kid so afraid of this information getting out? Didn't he just get filmed jerking it on his webcam? What's the big deal?"

..And in the end, it turns out that he had actually been jerking it to CP, which was a retarded twist by itself. But then the hacker guy sends the fucking troll-face meme to everyone and it turns out THEY WERE JUST LE TROLLING!

That's the most retarded reveal possible, and they basically did the same exact thing in both the PM fucking a pig episode and the internet hacker blackmailing episode. I can't imagine a lazier way to ruin the whole story. For some reason, the writer(s) seem to think it's a great idea to build up a mysterious villain/organization, make you wonder about what kind of motivations they would have for doing this, then just go with the dumbest reveal possible, "THEY DID IT BECAUSE THEY WERE LE TROLLING!"

What? I haven't seen the other one, but you are definitely supposed to feel sorry for the guy who got 10million years in solitary confinement. It was making a point about how desperate we are to punish criminals, even if it isn't necessary or even deserved.
probably had some preachy didndu nuffin nigger shit in his head when he wrote it though let's be honest

the pig one was the only unintentionally good one, it seemed like the intent was to make you feel bad for the pigfucker and his cunt family but if you are even halfway sane you are at least somewhat enjoying their "suffering" and rooting for the guy pulling the strings

the CP episode was fucking dumb and the le troll face was painfully cringey but im pretty sure the kid immediately gets arrested and his mom disowns him or something.

Brooker is a hack, he had some funny bits on the older newsmash things and his "documentary" on how reality shows are faked is kinda decent but since then hes become complete propaganda. Black mirror is not even the new outer limits, nevermind the twilight zone

The show is just babbys first exposure to monkeys paw scenarios. Consider who the people telling you the show was amazing were.
Most likely they were all millenials aged 19 to 24 who just haven't seen this type of thing before and to whom it seems fresh and new in a sea of absolute horseshit.
That and many YouTubers have been shilling for this show hardcore to push it, and a lot of people in that age group don't really bother exploring things outside of what YouTubers tell them about.

Well when you put it like that, then The Big Lewbowski is basically a movie about a guy trying to get a new rug

That's kind of what makes the movie so good, though. The protagonisti is just a lazy fuck who likes bowling and White Russians and he gets tied up in this elaborate, overly dramatic tangled web, and his only motivation is just to get back some stupid rug.

I like most of the episodes
Really the worst part is that they opened with their worst idea
A politician being blackmailed into publicly fucking a pig isn't interesting, and is probably the most low-tech plotline in the show, being a situation that requires zero tech whatsoever to work
It was just a shitty modern day story like you'd see in any random drama

Also, to me it seems like in those stories about a protagonist getting fucked over, the show's focus is less on "oh this person you liked was actually a bad guy" and more on how people getting fucked over due to mistakes is a thing that happens and the availability of higher and higher tech just makes it worse
Like, people who don't really do anything wrong already get completely screwed by the system or other people in real life, it's just that but with convoluted twilight zone bullshit

The truth needs to be heard
Cuckservatives are over

The whole series is, in a single word, contrived. A lot of shit happens the way it happens because that's the only way Charlie Brooker could get to the final payoff where everything is fucking terrible for the main character, someone dies, or the retarded twist is revealed. Technology is just a crude plot-device, since no one working on the show apparently knows enough about technology, modern or predictive, to truly make the show about the possible nightmare scenarios it might bring about. Instead, we get all these plots where everyone conveniently acts like a complete retard because if there was even a modicum of sense or consistency, then there'd be no plot, because it's just that flimsy.

That's fair
Though there are episodes where that isn't required
And even in the episodes where that is a thing, it's mostly just society as a whole being retarded, and when individual characters are retarded it's at least understandable within the context of the world they live in
It can be stupid, and the more stupid the premise is the worse the episode generally is because it ends up focusing more on abstract morality tales than the horror or characters or whatever, but convoluted bullshit involving technology fits the bill of "sci-fi twilight zone" pretty well, so I guess it's accomplishing what it set out to do

I dont hate the series, but what I do really hate is the fucking community this show has. I looked up black mirror reviews on youtube and I found the most pretentious faggots in the world

Shit keeps fucking up.