Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VuJTqmpBnI0Gaston:Who
gnu.org/licenses/>.#include
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Let's keep it that way.

no.

gnuwhatnow?

jeeez no

Go back to whatever hole at (((yahoo/not secret agency))) you crawled out of faggot.

I've heard that no one plays darts like Gaston. Or eats tarts like Gaston. Or shops marts, or drives carts, or drops farts like Gaston.

No one compiles like Gaston

Luckily, I saved all the lyrics I wrote
//Sung to the tune of Beauty and the Beast's "Gaston"//youtube.com/watch?v=VuJTqmpBnI0Gaston:Who does he think he is?Bill Gates has tangled with the wrong man.No one revokes a software lisence on Gaston.LaFou:Darn right!Gaston:Banned, sued, publically humiliated!Why, it's more than I can bear.LaFou:More Mountain Dew?Gaston:What for? Nothing helps. I'm disgraced.LaFou:Who, you? Never. You have to pull yourself together.//LaFou Starts singingGosh it disturbs me to see you GastonLooking like you ate a chodeEvery guy here'd like to be you GastonEven debugging your codeThere's no man in town as autistic as youYou're everyone's system adminEveryon's awed and inspired by youAnd closed lisence software cannot win...No one boots liks Gaston.No one roots like Gaston.No one's conf is incredibly riced like Gaston's.For there's no one's install half as libre.Even RMS would fawn.You can ask any whiny old freetard,And he'll tell you who's mail list he wants to be on!No one hacks like GastonOverflows stacks like GastonNo one's GPG key is as signed as Gaston'sGaston:To the NSA yes, I'm intimidatingAll:I want a Holla Forums like Gaston!Give five Hurrahs!Give twelve Hip hips!LaFou:Gaston is the best and the rest are all shit.No one types like GastonOr hates Skype like GastonAnd with SystemD nobody gripes like GastonFor there's no one as good writing softwareGaston:And in C I have pointers to spareLaFou:Not a bit of him's proprietaryGaston:That's right!I don't know when I last got up from this chair!No one su's like GastonNo one GNU's like GastonAnd nobody else hates HackerNews like GastonGaston:I'm especially good friends with Terry DavisAll:I want a Holla Forums like Gaston!Gaston:When I was a boy I would install Gentoo every morning to help me git gud.Now I am grown I provide tech support to everyone in my neighborhood!No one posts like GastonNo one boasts like GastonNo one blocks advertisements in HOST like GastonGaston:I use Lolis in all of my decoratingAll:Oh what a Holla ForumsGAAAASTOOOOON

It does my heart glad yo see a GNUston thread.

A decade? It seems like just yesterday some glorious user made this banner.

and then I didn't post the banner like a retard.

Imagine being this much of a tryhard.

// This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify// it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by// the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or// (at your option) any later version.//// This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,// but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of// MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the// GNU General Public License for more details.//// You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License// along with this program. If not, see gnu.org/licenses/>.#include struct alternative_fact_t {} alternative_fact;struct fact_about_gaston{ fact_about_gaston(const char* verb) : verb(verb) {} fact_about_gaston(const char* verb, const char* extra) : verb(verb), extra(extra) {} fact_about_gaston(alternative_fact_t, const char* extra, const char* verb) : verb(verb), extra(extra), alt(true) {} const char* verb, * extra = ""; bool alt = false;};templatevoid proclaim(fact_about_gaston(& facts)[N]){ for (auto [verb, extra, alt] : facts) if (alt) std::cout

(((bump)))

I found the originals I made back in the day.

lol

Am I too stupid to be able to read this or is C++ a nonsense language?

Apparently. I can read it just fine. What specifically is difficult to understand?

I don't understand how structures work at all, but that's to be expected since I don't know C++. But who the hell thought that was a good idea to print text to stdout? Even C has a normal print function.

The turk is very easy to identify, wherever he posts, he writes the same way.

You should feel bad

What the hell are you even talking about? You mean printf? That prints to stdout too.

Yes, but with far less obnoxious syntax.

With cout, the type of object being I/O'd is known statically by the compiler. In contrast, printf uses "%" fields to figure out the types dynamically. cout is more type safe and less error prone.

Yes, I read that stackexchange post too, as did anyone who put in a simple google search, but why wouldn't you fix the security issues in the standard library instead of inventing a newer one or regressing to an esoteric one?

Really probes the lobes

desu

A struct definition can contain data fields and member functions. Here, struct fact_about_gaston contains fields "verb", "extra" (with default value "") and "alt" (with default value false). It also defines 3 different constructors. Which gets called depends on the types and arity of the arguments. For instance, in the facts[] array in main(), "{alternative_fact, "In a wrestling match", " bites like"}," (3 args) calls the third constructor, while ""'s got a swell cleft in his chin like"" (1 arg) calls the first. The array with N objects is passed to proclaim() and each object is decomposed into its data members, which are then used to print factual statements about GNU/Gaston.

C variadics are inherently type-unsafe; printf can't be fixed without changing the C language. I wouldn't mind a similar but type-safe (C++) formatting function, though.

No, it's just shitty code. When people like Linus say a big problem with C++ is it makes it easy to do things wrong, this is an example of that.

You can write a type-safe printf using GNU extensions, even one that chooses how to print a variable based on its type ala C++. I've done it before.

no u

I guess GNU/C is better than C.

And holyC is better then gnu/c.

GNU/HolyC when?

Probably after TempleHURD is released.

I know you're just joking here but Hurd and TempleOS are completely different philosophies. TempleOS strives to give maximum access to the hardware by removing any kind of abstractions and protections that normal operating systems would have. Hurd is a platform that follows the microkernel-multiserver approach to operating system. This means there are many kinds of layers that segregate the programmer and applications from the hardware.