What PS2 game is this?

What PS2 game is this?

People make fun of the prequels for the greenscreen and all-CGI characters. Fact is, look at any modern superhero movie, or TFA, or the Andy Serkis ape movies. You'll see the same shit, and nobody bats an eye. The prequels had the disadvantage of pushing the envelope. Innovative to the point that much of what came after built off its tech and looked much better for it.

You pulled that from a Youtube video, complete with artifacting and compression to save bandwidth, resulting in horrid image quality. Your thread is bait (not a bad thing in and of itself) but worse, it is low effort. At least edit out the fucking arrow on the top left - is MS Paint too hard for you?

then you can criticize the prequels for pushing CGI too heavily and relying on it as a crutch, like the screenshot in OP. Other films innovated CGI earlier than the prequels. Films like Jurassic Park, Titanic and even Independence Day used a mixture of CGI and practical effects, and they've aged much better than Prequel Trilogy even though they came earlier. Even the practical effects in the prequels have an overuse of CGI in them, to the point where they look fake, defeating the purpose.
Also saying that the Prequel Trilogy is what's responsible for the modern day plague of capeshit and nuStarWars isn't a very good defense of the prequels. Just goes to show they shouldn't have been made.

Wew.

Let me get this straight. Are you saying capekino was a mistake?

What the hell does that even mean? that word doesn't exist anywhere

My point was, modern movies rely on CGI and use it as a crutch just as heavily, it's just less noticable because the technology and techniques have improved, therefore people just accept it. Not saying it's a good thing, and the prequels weren't responsible for it, just amongst the earliest to do so. Other films didn't have as wide a scope. The prequels actually did better than most, in that a lot of the environments and bluescreened sets weren't pure CG, but effects-enhanced physical scale models. A lot of effects like sparks and steam were physical elements shot separately, not pure CG. The OT used a lot of matte paintings, bluescreen and tedious compositing for space battles. By using CG in the prequels, it continued in the same vein, but allowed for more motion and more alive space battles and environments.

Wiktionary

unironically(Adverb)

In an unironic way; without irony.

Numerology

Chaldean Numerology

The numerical value of unironically in Chaldean Numerology is: 2

Pythagorean Numerology

The numerical value of unironically in Pythagorean Numerology is: 9

starship troopers had better cg than the prequels with a much smaller budget and came out 2 years before Phantom Menace. Lucas is just a hack.

Reminder that two droideka are more powerful than two jedi.

Attack of the clones looked pretty good, it was the phantom menace that had major CGI issues, mostly for organic things like jamjars

In the end battle of TPM, the Tartakovsky Clone Wars and the Filoni Clone Wars, it's shown that Droidekas are easily killed once their shields are down. This can be by explosives, blaster bolts more powerful than from handheld i.e. starship/turbolaser cannon, ion weaponry i.e. droid poppers, or by getting then to go into the rolling mode by chasing you. Way I see it, this was an early encounter with a Droideka, so they weren't sure of its capabilities. They could've deflected blaster bolts back at the droids until the shields were down, force crushed them or went at them with the sabers, but it was unnecessary when they could just back out of the situation. To quote Obi-Wan, there are alternatives to fighting.

THIS IS A MAN OF EXQUISITE TASTE

Practical effects, my nigga.
No cg.

I legit thought that was a screenshot of the original Halo for the Xbox until I saw the lightsabers. Fucking modern CGI and video games are ruining earlier films that use those special effects, even stuff like Spiderman 2 doesn't look that good nowadays.

Better than the teddy bears in the originals

Lego Star Wars, good game.

THOSE ARE ALL MINIATURES
GO BACK TO PLEBBIT

Hey Mr. Lucas, has it it knowing you can't write shit and going to movie 4 was just some stupid ass PR

Phantom Menace has far more visual effects. The world itself is truly alien while starship cuckers is just desert with copypasta bugs.

That's a pretty big assumption you got there.

FUCK meant for this guy

The meme doesn't even work. The PS2 was such a lowly piece of shit console it didn't even have lighting 99.5% of the time, let alone shadows that were more than a circle blob on the ground.

Xbox 360 Launch Title would have been more accurate OP

I don't think lightsabers can go through their shields. Unlike the games most droideka's in the prequels don't have shields. They even point it out in that scene.

Droideka shields can be penetrated by anything if it moves slowly enough.

I just remember how fucking annoying they were in Republic Commando.
Is it wrong that the Prequels and the EU made the literal second type of combat droid shown on screen, the most threatening and intimidating thing other than the Death Star?

The only good thing about the prequels was the world building and intrigue.
Everything else was subpar shit worthy of a B tier soap opera.
I still cringe at those teen love scenes.

better cap same scene
still looks like shit tbh

that just says something about modern movies, you dunce

I didn't say it wasn't bad, I said that the common criticisms of it apply to a lot of modern movies that people have no problem with. It's a matter of consistency in criticism, not muh Star Wars.

Learn to fucking read.

… Computer Graphical Interface?

Computer Generated Imagery

it's just an ebic contrarian meme.

SST is mainly practical effects with some green screen

very little actual cgi