Things that should never have been made

I'll start: This thread, and OP (not really, just wanted to steal your thunder).

Bloat and ascii is fine for all languages that matter. It's creation led to the possibility of stupid emojis.
Far too complex and over designed.
Just to piss off the Rust shill

Other urls found in this thread:

manishearth.github.io/blog/2017/08/10/font-size-an-unexpectedly-complex-css-property/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wireless data transfer.

Lmao nigga are you serious? CSS is complicated and over designed to you?

I agree on emoji, but fuck off with ASCII, I very much like being able to write in my own language. Even dead languages have their place, archiving old documents digitally allows researchers to preserve them in a way that can be organized like other digital documents as well.

CSS isn't hard but it's broken and inconsistent and retarded as fuck. Same can be said for html and JS.

say it to japanese and chineese with thousands of characters

UMA DELÍCIA

google

The internet

Life.

Unicode is fucking brilliant. It wasn't designed for stupid emojis, it was designed for having over 1 million runes, way more than anything humanity will require for the foreseeable future. This is why emojis are fine, because they dont do any harm.

CSS is pretty great, allows for formatting in a very simple language which can stretch to quite in depth, and it's safe as it's not being executed so to speak

Edgy retard.

And so the rustcuck butthurt begins

There is just one thing that should never have been made: social networks. Every other shitty application/language/service is just a result of social networks. Oh, and Rust shouldn't have been made either. Are you here Steve?

nice bro 😂

You know what really shouldn't have been made? The slab form factor for phones. Touchscreen keyboards are shit compared to what we had before. With older phones you can dial a number without looking. Now we're stuck tapping on non-tactile buttons on a screen.
If there was a relatively open Android phone with the form factor of the Blackberry Passport I'd go for it.
Rust shouldn't have been made either

Fuck

This
Normalfags are cancer

And I have a very limited exposure to it, who knows what horrors I might unearth if I was doing it professionally.

CSS should've been made better, but doesn't mean it should have never been made. The task it's supposed to solve is not trivial, you can't really replace css with something small and simple.

Please leave.

jews

CSS is very easy to understand, but it is absolutely over engineered. The problem here is your grasp on vocabulary. I suspect you jumped the gun because you thought finally you had found someone on Holla Forums you could act superior to, while knowing scarce little yourself.

This is the big one.

Woman.

far too complex
What?

Starting to get tired of people pushing the
meme that especially chinese is
anything but a primitive relic of the past.
Getting really scared that schools and
various companies are gonna try to
push this objectively inferior writing
system on us.
Japanese is marginally better though but
not by much.

try formulating one next time, okay hun???????!!!

It's one of those things that seem simple on the surface but get really weird in the details.
manishearth.github.io/blog/2017/08/10/font-size-an-unexpectedly-complex-css-property/

Abrahamic religions

Complex enough that multibillion dollar companies cannot agree on what the implementation of the format should be. Try writing a CSS3 engine sometime.

I disagree with the OP image, that spaceship might have won the war for the good guys.

GNU

Holla Forums

gnu/tech/

emoji was made by japs and existed outside of Unicode before being put into Unicode. Nice try you LARPing moron

Now I know you fucks exist

Because those are the languages we use to coax morons out of their money, yeah?

Holy shit, the rust butthurt is real!

As someone who studies both, you are correct and this has been debated in both countries for a very long time. The best argument against it (in Chinese) simply highlights the worst part of the language, this would be the infamous 施氏食狮史 poem where it goes for 76 characters where literally every single one is "shi" (shur) with different tones (only in Mandarin). No Chinese speaker could understand this if it was spoken, but it isn't difficult to read thanks to the character system. The poem was written as a counter-argument to switching to a phonetic alphabet, and while it sounds pretty compelling at first it just brings up the question of why there are so many words that sound exactly the same.

Japanese also has this problem to some extent but in general you can understand what people are saying thanks to spacing, which is why books/games for Japanese kids have spaces despite them not existing in the language so they can use the phonetic writing systems instead of the character-based one that they wouldn't have learned yet.

And on top of all that, even native speakers sometimes don't bother typing the characters when what they're saying would be legible without them. Almost everyone uses an input that just converts from romanized letters so Chinese people will just write phonetically and sometimes add a number to indicate tone, while Japanese people will often just write everything in katakana, the writing system used for foreign words.

OP is correct, because he wrote "it's creation". Expanding the contraction, he stated: It is creation that is responsible for emojis; vacuously true, since creation is responsible for everything extant.

Did OP intend to write that, or 'its'? Was he baiting a person to attack the statement, only to expose their own illiteracy in doing so? Is this 12 dimensional chess? Despite the negativity here confefe.

Why is the media pushing this damn language then?

Isn't that silly boomers who think "China is the future, and if you want to do business in the future, you'd better learn Chinese!"?

Reminder: Kanji is here to stay and only illiterate foreigners have actual gripes with it. People who want to 'simplify' languages are cultural cancer.

CSS was designed like ass, but it was good for what it was. CSS3 tho, is a fucking overdesigned abomination that does everything in several different ways, inconsistently accross browsers, with thousand of options that have weird interactions with parents, children and siblings and still fails at the most fucking basic tasks.

Your image appears to mock the simplification it uses, but I think that simplification is actually a good idea.

Good, good. I seek to destroy you and your culture. Cancer is very effective at this.

The problem with english spelling reform:
-Whose dialect are you going to use? Even subtle difference in speech would lead to radically different looking spelling. If every country had their own standard then you might not be able to read a book or article from someone in a different country, or learning all the dialect spellings would be just as hard or harder than everyone learning the unified system we have now
-If you want a 1 letter to 1 sound correspondence you'd have to add diacritics, especially to vowels as most english dialects have 10+ consonants, compared to the 5 letters we use, which would then lead to getting everyone in the english speaking world a new keyboard with the new letters on them
-Such a drastic change would mean a child learning the new system would either have to also learn the old system (defeating the purpose of a new universal spelling system), or would need all current works translated over which would be very time consuming and expensive
-Not everyone would want to use it, one of the issues that china had with simplified characters, kids still have to learn both and older people refuse to learn anything new so you now have a bizarre conglomerate system where both are used in different contexts

This cancer:

IntelME

Because there's a ton of Chinese people in the world? However despite the problems I pointed out, it's the easiest language I've ever come across due to there being almost no synonyms and no inconsistent grammar.

OP is a fa🅱️🅱️ot and needs to 🅱️ill himself ✋🏾✋🏾💩💩
🔥
🔥
🔥

the united states

Unicode would have been fine if it wasn't for the packing shit.

Diversity

Then why don't you fucking do so?

Unicode
USB
ACPI
Intel chips
IBM PC
web browsers except plain HTML 3 and prior
wide screens
mice, GUIs
GPUs
smart phones

GPUs are really useful in science applications, you should permit them for that alone.

Any kind of mass produced recordable media.
Starting with the printing press, records, computers etc.

Theres nothing wrong with perl

kek, I read the comment, saw it had one reply and I just knew it was some autist flipping his shit over tiny pictures showing human emotions. I'm sorry you can't read those, rainman, but you need to learn to deal with that instead of trying to forcing everything to comply to your tiny world, like you autists always do.

Japanese IS Chinese though. Nips are too retarded to come up with their own letters.

Which is the equivalent of dybing liek dis. You do that and instantly the other nip knows that you're a stupid faggot that dropped out of school.

Even Perl6? I don't know any Perl, but I've heard the old programmers hate the new mess. I'm sure it's very powerful, but it does look like a write-only language.

Blackberry Priv?

Holla Forums tbh
ever since it was made we have to deal with nazi shit leaking onto other boards

Perl6 looks pretty pozzed. Larry drank the koolaid. It's also a lot slower than Perl5.

Perl6 and Python3, incompatible rewrites made for no reason. I suspect DER JUDE is responsible for this.

This comment was just for you

t. someone who's passed a few duolinguo courses

How's that single-core 1997 CPU working out for you

Good one, let's add that to the list.
Multicore

I know you're memeing but I'll bite

Which were only made due to license autism. Also the source of much Red Hat cancer like systemd, dbus, pulseaudio, etc.

BASH

We let you think that memorizing thousands of hiroglyphics is a sign of prestige.

Anyone can do lazy hacks in any language, there are variables now, and centering is easy (display: flex; align-items: center;). CSS is fine. JavaScript is a total abortion though, ugliest language I've seen, worse than PHP even.

You fuck off back to reddit, you weak-ass LARPer. I'll greetext however the fuck I want.

Jews

vaginaposting is not welcome here

Electricity
Is Holla Forums the most anprim board in 8ch?

The transistor. This paved the way for consumer computing, opening up machines to the plebs, instead of letting them remain reserved for an elite few.

you're just making a fool of yourself sweetie

We do. It's called Unicode

I still have trouble believing BBC isn't fucking with us and pidgin isn't just some made-up gibberish.

"elites" are just corrupt people born in correct time and place
"elites" aren't superior intellectually

Know your role peasant boy, it a travesty of the highest order that filth like you can get onto our highborn network. Elite is by birthright pariah scum.
You will never be Brahman

Care to explain exactly what is corrupt about working with computers?
We aren't clones no matter how much you pretend otherwise.

Why do you care about emojis? Ignore them if they offend you so much!

They're bloat.