The Black Cauldron

So why do people not like this movie again? Just watched it for the first time and I thought it was great.

>witch titties

What more could you ask for?

Other urls found in this thread:

hol.abime.net/125
michaelperaza.blogspot.co.uk/2010/09/cauldron-of-chaos-part-3.html
volafile.io/get/MF0WJmVLw7tZ/The Black Cauldron - HD 720p.mp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

When you compare it to the book it's based off of you'll realize the wasted potential.

Disney really needs to grow a backbone.

It was the darkest movie Disney ever made, it literally couldnt be done betrer.

But yeah the book series was pretry good. Shame about the paucity of r34

They never will because playing it safe guarantees them money.

Nostalgia Critic and everyone like them a shit

The rest of the books
And done faithfully

I love this movie. Scared the hell out of me as a kid. Liked the books, too, though I don't really remember them.

I watched this movie for the first time a couple months ago; I honestly can't remember a thing about it other than that annoying furry guy.

I only remember the melting scene.

I actually liked the movie better than the two books it's based off.

I vaguely remember reading the illustrated book when I was a kid, but never saw the movie. There was also a game by Sierra:
hol.abime.net/125
Looks like it uses their AGI engine, where you type text (like old school interactive fiction games).

What warranted its hate anyway besides Disney's brand of "family friendly" and not being accurate to the source material?

Only Disney really hate it and that's because it lost Disney a lot of money.

How about all the scenes that were cut?

Isn't there going to be a live-action adaptation of this soon?

Eventually, probably. But I don't think they've announced one
What you've got to understand is: the film lost Disney a lot of money. It was, for a long time, viewed as an embarrassment by them. With the restructuring and Disney Renaissance it's only considered a slight embarrassment to them now

Too obscure

I hear that they're rebooting the Black Cauldron as a live action move franchise but more closer to the books.

You already lost me

Yeah, he seemed pretty awful to me. He would talk about what a great hero he was/was going to be but would constantly just act like a dick or coward. This didn't help by the voice actors subpar performance.

The princess is an underrated qt though.

Shame but also good

>>>/loli/

Half the cast will be black. You just know it.

Huge chunks of the movie are forgettable, Gurgi is annoying and the voice acting was so bad it sucked all the life out of the characters

Eisner forgot it was supposed to be R-rated and cut 12 minutes from the movie, much of which was supposedly important
We lost the scene with pic related as well as a rumored scene with a nipple slip by Princess Eilonwy

post dem tiddies

please no

They'll rename it as The Cauldron because even the mention of black is offensive, then again

Closest thing we will get to a Disneyfied version of Sauron.

It has a schizophrenic style that undercuts itself. Its pacing is funky and weird. It has too many cute fuzzy things (the pig and the fuzzy dog thing) that just exist to waste time by chewing up the scenery.

It has the same problems as Hunchback but a lot worse and fails for those reasons.

Is this shit overblown? I read in an official disney book all about the animation side of things that only 2 minutes were cut out.

I think a lot of scenes were re-animated to be less violent. So maybe that's the misconception. 12 minutes of re-animated/altered scenes. The only actual CUTS are when the cauldron born are killing people.

The story's in DisneyWar. Eisner did indeed cut/butcher it and I think it was 12 minutes.

I just read the book at the thrift store the other day. It said 2 minutes.

They'd probably do what 4Kids did with Yu-Gi-Oh! and Black Magician and just rename it The Dark Cauldron.

Context?

At least John Hurt took it seriously, may he rest in peace.

Is it like the Treasure Planet of the 1980s?
The thread makes it sound like the Studio Ghibli version of Tales of Earthsea where someone takes books and doesn't realize that it isn't really possible.

I'm going to watch this later and tell you what I think.
Not Disney but I never saw The Last Unicorn until last year and I really enjoyed it aside from it sounding like it was recorded in a storm drain.

It's an okay film on it's own but gets dragged down by not being accurate to the book. Apparently. It's definitely not Treasure Planet levels of good though.

I've read all the books and quite honestly the film takes the best parts of the first two.
It's better than Treasure Planet.

Not a nip slip, she was supposed to have been seen nude from behind.

It was never supposed to be R-Rated. At best it would have been PG or PG-13 instead of the usual G

This thing says 12 minutes michaelperaza.blogspot.co.uk/2010/09/cauldron-of-chaos-part-3.html

I will fight you.

Treasure Planet's only redeeming feature is the animation quality. It really is no surprise that it failed, although worse Disney films did better.

It also says mainly the fair folk sequence was cut, the animatics/storyboards of which can be seen on the DVD

If it was fully animated why not show those? It's not like they're going to cause controversy.

Imagine if some kid innocently wandered into the deleted scenes on the dvd and saw the scene of the guy being melted. Aw, man. It would be sick.

OK, I'm really sick of reading about this shit. We know violence was cut, we have proof. But this supposed nude scene? It changes everytime.

now you're saying we were supposed to see her ass? I don't believe it. Like Disney was going to give their youngest Disney Princess a nude scene.

In the 1980s, why not? They did show Ariel's ass a few years later, albeit only for a couple of frames. The nudity in The Black Cauldron was supposedly cut at an earlier point than the Katzenberg edit however, which is why no one has actually seen it.

The original info about the princess Eilonwy scene came from someone who worked on the movie, who described it as "fullback nudity". An unusual phrase that lead to some confusion as to what was actually seen, and since the original quote has been lost it turned into one of those things where everyone heard there was "nudity" and let their imagination run wild.

But the original source, from what second-hand information I have been able to dig up, implied her butt would be seen, yes.

Gonna need more info than that. There's lots of heresay about this movie and it's cut content.
I don't see how that would fit in the movie.

I could see how a slightly torn dress could fit. There's a scene where Flewdurr has his pants sewn up by Eilonwy. If they were going with that partially nude scene, Eilonwy probably would have sewn up her dress in that scene.

So what? Do you recall much western animation with naked little girls? That never was, and never will be a thing. Boys are much more acceptable.

user never said anything about her ass. 'Nude from behind' could just as easily mean her back

There are better Treasure Island adaptations out there, people

Probably but it's still a real good movie.

Eh, I still say Black Cauldron is better. I don't like Treasure Planet's songs whereas Black Cauldron had no songs to annoy me with.

Gurgi drags the whole film down, same with that scene with the tiny little fairy things that I forget the names of

Watch for the boy and the princess and the Horned King, forget everything else

Short exposition that boils down to "The Black Caldron is some powerful shit".

After about 10 minutes in you have a young boy who wants to be a hero with no real origin that is seemingly working for some kind of wizard.
Skeletor wants a pig that keeps giving everyone the fuck-me-eyes which is owned by the wizard, so the wizard realizes this and sends the boy away with the pig because the pig can find the black cauldron.

Pretty terrible introduction honestly.

Next you get to know the antagonist and he is pretty vanilla.
Guy wants to raise an army of zombies.

Some cringy talking dog/monkey thing shows up.

Pig gets abducted by some small drakes in a pretty decently animated scene.

Then the movie has terrible Mortal Kombat quality skies in the next scene.

The dog/monkey thing is apparently friends with the protagonist for seemingly no reason at all.

The boy infiltrates the castle full of bandits and a fat ugly gypsy woman to try and get the pig.
The pig gets away and the boy gets captured.

Princess Zelda saves Link from the dungeon and Link finds the Master Sword.
Both of them and an old bard escape the castle.

The princess and the boy fight and then reconcile in like 2 minutes flat because fuck pacing.

The shitty dog/monkey comes back and everyone falls into a whirlpool.

Underground they find the pig and get directions from some smurf fairies as to where the black cauldron was last seen.
The boy wants to destroy the cauldron so Skeletor can't get his hands on it.
An old fairy joins the party.

The gang gets attacked by feminists in a swamp and one of them tries to rape the old bard.
Then they trade the master sword for the black cauldron.
Then they find out the cauldron is indestructible so they all just sit there.

The low moment in OPs post is really fucking short and followed by a near spontaneous love scene.

They all get captured and Skeletor gets the cauldron.
Skeletor gets his skeleton army and makes the party watch him kill off his own army of bandits.
I have like 20 questions at this point that all sound like

The fucking dog monkey jumps in the cauldron because any living sacrifice shuts down the cauldron.
Then a really unheroic scene happens where the villain just sort of gets sucked into the Cauldron despite throwing the boy at it.
While incredibly dumb, his death itself if was the darkest death I've seen in a children's movie since Were Back A Dinosaur Story.

The party escapes the exploding castle.
The one good thing I can say is the movie sort of starts with a pot boiling over and then the climax involves the cauldron causing an explosion.
The feminists come back and the cauldron is traded to resurrect the dog/monkey.
Dog/Monkey literally forces the two to kiss.
The End.

There appears to be more than a few things clearly inspired by Lord of the Rings and that is fine, but this was not a very good movie.
I feel like this could have been retooled to be something like a really good medieval fantasy themed aladdin, but instead it was just really really dumb.

It was rightfully the last movie written and directed by Ted Berman while Richard Rich went on to write and direct far worse movies.

I also noticed this corner cutting shit.

This and "Night on Bald Mountain" are probably responsible for me turning out the way I did.

yeah, right.
smells like bullshit

got a few chuckles

good post, user.

you know that a lot of content was cut from the movie, right? 12 minutes is a shit-ton for a 2D animated movie

When I saw it as a kid, the Horned King scared the fuck out of me.

The whole nudity thing is probably way overblown. Of course, until we see the scenes in question we'll never know

DUDE. What if it was really

That's disgusting

get real, it's never happening

It was edited and resulted in huge changes for Disney, including when the transformation of (((Disney))) became complete.

"Taran has many friends…Gurgi has no friends"

*jumps*

me as a child: oh god….

That's because Gurgi has long ass-hair.

Hes a brownie, a fey.

don't make this a thing

For anyone interested
volafile.io/get/MF0WJmVLw7tZ/The Black Cauldron - HD 720p.mp4

He did a flip?

Does he show up in the end?

This is just Legend of Zelda with jew witches.

wasn't the princess the pig or something?