Plasma Mobile

Seems a little hipster but might be a better choice over Android Custom ROMs if you absolutely require a smartphone. What is the Holla Forums verdict?
plasma-mobile.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/GalaxyS2I9100
forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=297&t=127502
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's two years old and their website is a botnet. The OS itself is systemd/pulseaudio cancer. All ontop of a Nexus botnet because propreitary firmware ala lineage OS. Just fuck that shit, i'm not paying upfront more for less of a botnet I could already unbotnet to their extent on said device.

Even normies aren't going to like this if pre-ordered as less of a botnet because it will be slow.

What's with all that botnet buzzwording?

Holla Forums botnet

He doesn't know anything technical so he's just spamming garbage

Holla Forums's sole barrier to entry is a captcha that even IRL streetshitters can get past and you wonder why the IQ here dips so low? Really?

Is there literally anything that solves this for smartphones? Librem 5 might but it's two years in the future and don't seem particularly trustworthy given the state of their laptops.
Yeah your opinion has been discarded.

You realize we're talking about the OS here right?

But it still had android components and the bootloader is locked down.

Kill yourself you double nigger.

What's wrong with Purism laptops?

Irrelevant. Replicant replaces all the nonfree libraries needed at compile time with it's own, free libraries. This, and the new runtime, is why it's stuck at 4.4 instead of a more modern release.

redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/GalaxyS2I9100

They come with nonfree firmware and intel ME, the usual complaints. It's basically just installing a free OS on a normal manufacturer's laptop with higher specs.

The hardware is always proprietary. But you don't have to use non-free firmware if you don't want too use it with it for anything. Except for the bootloader that is. Event the broadband modem is free for 3g.
So fuck off faggot.

I'd love to try this or Replicant but they're both compatible with only a literal handful of phones. The assortment is so bare that most people interested would have to buy a new device just to install.

Don't the new Librem lappies ship with coreboot+me_cleaner yet? They got all worked up about it and stuff not too long ago. Too bad it's designed to replace the Macbook Pro.

explain?

No thanks.

They ship with Coreboot (or at least it can be easily installed) but they're having problems with EME. The usual shit when the laptop will shut down after 30 minutes.
These are not Purism problems, it's Intel's fault and there's no way to disable EME without the 30 minutes bullshit.
They don't. The entire thing runs with Linux-Libre and Coreboot making it much better than most offerings out there. Purism is even attempting to receive FSF's seal of approval.
Except Purism laptops are easier to repair/upgrade to the point you could change the CPU and RAM, as well as throw in an additional SSD. Or the fact that they have hardware switches that sever the camera/radio/microphone circuit so they are 100 % disabled.

As of this month EME may be fixable to an extent but I'm not sure how far purism is on that. I think their distro is FSF approved but they're flailing on hardware.

Well now that there's a librem phone coming up they'll have a pure reference device to work on, hopefully.

Officially yes, but if you have an Ubuntu Touch-compatible phone you can install Plasma Mobile over it. forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=297&t=127502

EBIN TROLL POST CUNFIRMED xd

It'll be installable on the Librem 5, so that'll be cool.
Everything KDE touches is hot garbage, though. I would actually prefer a GNOME-based mobile interface for a phone. It would at least be consistent and look nice. With real GNU/Linux underneath it'll always be riceable.

t. cuck

Horseshit, me_cleaner does not remove the entire Management Engine. Coreboot works fine on the Librem 13 range.
What is this?

What is it like to be 13 years old?