youtube.com/watch?v=_nZfHt5G6UQ
mrs0m30n3.github.io/youtube-dl-gui/
vk.com/video-25302382_162848472
rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/supportedsites.html
sharetv.com/watch/828240
gist.github.com/ubone/562d43d59f6ddcc8d63c228e3ce717e8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fucking disgusting.
I'll stick to using mpv, thank you very much.

is it botnet?

yes

I have a better solution
torify youtube-dl youtube.com/watch?v=_nZfHt5G6UQ

The cloudflare and Javascript piss me off too, but the javascript can be avoided by only using embeds. Also, it is obviously superior to embeding a youtube video. It's raw Webm. That's why I don't like when people say "Just youtube-dl it". I do, and I also use MPV but when you embed shit, like here, that's when I'd like to just watch it in the browser.

Mpsyt ftw

You can also wait a year for your video to download

You understand that mpv and hooktube both use youtube-dl, right?

you the javascriptless path for videos

this is your only valid argument

It seems like a very responsive honeypot

You know, the biggest problem I have personally with youtube-dl is that you can't browse videos with it. Thanks to jewtube being jewish, people who disable Javascript can't even browse the fucking website. At least with hooktube there is less retarded bullshit going around and less javascript to enable. Who the fuck wants to enable like 5 different scripts on jewtube just to fucking watch and browse videos? Not me thats for sure.

Mpsyt let's you browse and watch YouTube from the command line.

It takes less time for me to download a video and play it in my system media player than it does to buffer a video in a web browser.

kys

I've been using hooktube for a month now and it is great. Faster than youtube, no annoyances.

This!

I believe you, but I don't use a browser for YouTube. I've been using mpsyt for a few years. Videos start playing almost instantly for me. With Tor I usually have to wait fifteen minutes to half an hour for even low resolution videos to buffer enough to make them watchable. Sometimes I'll get a decently fast circuit, but they are definitely the exception.

You don't have to allow cloudflare.com in noscript/etc, it's just a second copy of the site's scripts to save bandwidth in normie cases.

But it does use cloudflare dns. Pretty much required these days. Hooktube is run on a $7/month shared server.

is their backend written in rust? (this is important)

Ancient php/mysql tek

Into the trash it goes.

Youtube-dl does not execute JavaScript you retarded monkey. It only parses the JS and finds the video stream/file.

You can view the source of both ht and youtube-dl. You remind me of that old quote, "Any community that gets its laughs by pretending to be idiots will eventually be flooded by actual idiots"

youtube-dl interprets javascript

Is hooktube's js under a free software license?

Parsing JS =/= executing JS. All it does is literally grab data out of the JS, it's not executing anything.
LibreJS also parses the JS in order to know if it has a GPL notice or not.

but it doesnt parse. it interprets.

Bravo.

underrated

looks like a useless extension

You made a claim, now provide evidence. Show us that youtube-dl's jsinterp.py can do fibonacci numbers, and I'll post my dick.

Privacy Badger blocks scripts after watching it a certain amount of times.
The downside is that they do gather some information from you, but the upside is that it won't block anything that the website actually needs.

lol. what a fucking awful extension. just block everything and if a site breaks because it cant run its 200 js scripts just leave the site and never visit it again.

>wtf it just (((parses))). prove me wrong

It's a name. Show me that it can interpret and print out fibonacci numbers. Prove your claim.

That's what NoScript/etc do, and pretty well. It isn't supposed to be a clone.

well it is shit tbh desu

The majority of what you said makes me cringe.

Are people really so stupid as to read the file name and make assumptions rather than read the source code, then shill against a program that has nothing wrong with it?

Please tell me they're just pretending to be retarded for Jewgle's shekels and not really that ignorant.

optional sideloading
youtube-dl uses the exact same url
thumbnails

i did read the source though. im not just saying that it interprets based on the filename, just that the file is named according to the function of its content

why use it instead of youtube then?

Tbh I mainly use it to protect the privacy of people I am sharing the video with. Not everyone has noscript

You still haven't posted about whether it can run fibonacci numbers, Klabnikposter. You haven't given any arguments other than "i read it its totally interpretting belib me guise!!!!!!!" If you want to prove your claim, use that file to run fizzbuzz, hello world, or any trivil program. Just feed javascript code and if it prints or does any function call, then I'll give up. Until then, you're a faggot.

Then just use Youtube with NoScript/uMatrix and block everything besides google-video and ytimg.
That way you'll even get video past 720p and closed captions.

hooktube is shit because it's a website

I want youtube-dl gui as desktop app

mrs0m30n3.github.io/youtube-dl-gui/

Why the hell would youtube-dl need a GUI? A GUI is often superfluous, and in this case it's definitely true. Graphics were a mistake.

Can I watch Youtube livestreams on it?

Yes, but it just embeds Youtube. Hooktube falls back on embeds if it can't download the video.

Thanks OP
This Hooktube is a great find (for those of us that are not excessively paranoid, neither have need to be).

Why? What's so complicated that it needs a GUI? You want to download a video, you type "youtube-dl [video URL]". You want a webm? Type "-f 43". Can't remember that? Make an alias. Want to do a two-click download from your browser? Use Open With and insert the command into that. I really don't see what a GUI would get you here. If you're so desperate to not type things in, use one of those gay Youtube downloader websites.

So I gots a question, perhaps you can help a tard out.

vk.com/video-25302382_162848472
should I consider suicide?

youtube-dl can grab from VK just fine.
Sites frequently break compatibility with ytdl. It gets updated frequently for a reason.

rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/supportedsites.html
There are lots of sites that youtube-dl supports.

You can pass your credentials to sites that ask you for login, like vk or youtube red
-u, --username USERNAME Login with this account ID
-p, --password PASSWORD Account password. If this option is left out, youtube-dl will ask interactively.

You can both download and start watching videos immediately with youtube-dl too, just pipe it to media player.

whats that meme? how source code what you see can be unfree?

The only thing that simplifies compared to typing "youtube-dl 'URL'" is the configuration of download format.

What's needed is something along the lines of an ancient OSuX program called MacTubes, which functioned as a complete substitute for Youtube's website, but all native Aqua widgets without the need for any Flash, HTML, or JS. The closest thing that exists at the moment is stuff like SMTube, but none of them come close to implementing all of youtube-dl's features, and all of them incorporate too much non-native embedded web garbage instead of pure DE GUI widgets.

Also this, youtube-dl offers browse/search/playlist/etc commands for many other sites, but none of the GUIs support them.

It's not enough to have access to the source code. Users must also have the freedom to share the software whether the software has been modified or whether the software has not been modified.

>mrs0m30n3.github.io/youtube-dl-gui/
thanks, that looks decent. Lacks some features though

this is what open source niggers actually believe.

a program that has a GUI shows all options and buttons on screen. I don't need to study nigger manuals for 10 hours.
cmd.exe doesn't even allow me to paste with CTRL+V. and I cannot click on input to put caret where I clicked, but need to use fucking left/right keys to move caret where I want.
I cannot put many jobs (urls) at once.
I don't even know what that is, how to use it.

I don't have Open with in my browser.

What I pointed above plus, a GUI to see channels/search/playlists and choose vids from thee.

No, they are botnets and lack features.

I don't know what piping means but on my Windows I just drag'n'drop the .part file to MPC-HC.

Jesus, at least download Cygwin.

Use a better terminal.

Use a better shell. Or learn how to use shell scripts.

Having its own separate comment system would be a godsend for specifc videos.

No, I am not going to use better fucking terminal/shell/script, I don't even understand what those words mean

What I want is clean GUI software to allow everything with one click. Open source shit never provide that, that's why they have

A gui is fucking pointless here.
To really drive home what a helpless retard you are, I want to emphasize that I used the command line to use youtube-dl(and also to start tor) when I was a 14 year old windows gamer, with no more knowledge or ability than any other windows gamer kid.
I just wasnt afraid of things I didnt understand. I didnt act like a retard and pretend an interface I wasnt used to was impossible compooper wizurd hakkur magic.

There you go:
#!/bin/shyoutube-dl -f 43 "$(zenity --entry --text "plz gibs jewtube url")" | grep -o '[0-9]*\.[0-9]*%' | zenity --progress --auto-close --auto-kill --text "downloading shit faggot"

Or, to get from the clipboard:

#!/bin/shyoutube-dl -f 43 "$(xsel)" | grep -o '[0-9]*\.[0-9]*%' | zenity --progress --auto-close --auto-kill --text "downloading $(xsel) faggot"

You won the argument.

Cool, I didn't know about this one. It even has a Windows version.

dont do that. when you spoonfeed them they just see magical wizard incantations and get to continue being willfully retarded.
If they want to download just audio they'll need a professional Computer Guy(Tm) to code up that feature for their youtube-downloader app youve given them.
If what you wanna do is watch videos its better to just have 'mpv `{xclip -o}'. I dont know what itd be in sh/bash/whatever but you see.

Is it hard to learn the shell? Especially if one uses onscreen keyboards? The keyboard is icky.

heres how you use the shell:
[program name]
then press return just like how you enter anything else.
then optionally, program name [program options and arguments]
so, from the shell
dir
or, maybe, 'dir -a [name of some folder]'
most programs have help output or a manual page too. You can read it all if you want to and its well written but usually you just skim for the information you want. You don thave to hang yourself up on every word you dont know in it.

everything else, like `{} or $(), redirection, etc, is extra to that. I dont know how much of it windows shitty shell even has.

if you use an onscreen keyboard typing will be shit just like it always is typing with an onscreen keyboard. If you insist on eating shit, it will be like eating shit.
You learn those other features as you need them. If you're just downloading youtube videos on windows you probably wont, just use it and skim the help output when you need to do something different. remember or note down somewhere commonly used options, like -x for audio only or the one for webms.

SMTube used to be like MacTubes, a full native client. YouTube changed their API and policies and started shutting down anyone that didn't load webshit to play their ads. Thus SMTube became what it is today (a browser showing tonvid.com) because the developers have real identities and don't want to get sued.
Now the only way to get at the videos is to scrape webpages with something like youtube-dl. If you wanted a full graphical client built it's possible but it would have to be an anondev chan project because it's obviously created solely to help end users circumvent jewgle AIDS and this angers zog.

The vast vast VAST majority of people don't know what a PATH even is, much less how to update it. They see a raw executable and have no fucking idea what the fuck to do with it.

And?
We're not talking about some kind of mathematical computer science here. Its just running a program. Windows has some shitty settings GUI for it somewhere, im pretty sure.
or if the idea of a list of folders you can execute any program inside no matter where you are is too advanced, maybe they can just put it wherever windows shell starts you. or learn the wizardly computer magic of 'change directory(cd)' and 'dir' in five seconds.
the alternative isnt that they can use it without learning, its that they learn yet another shitty gui by poking around it instead. People too dumb or timid to use the command line even to just run a program are too dumb or timid to use a new GUI without being told precisely what buttons to click on anyway.

Why can't we go back to the good old days, when you got software from names you could trust, like DrN3gativ or KrakKrewX? All that's needed is a simple Qt shell while youtube-dl does all the heavy lifting.

mac scum pls die

How about this?

sharetv.com/watch/828240

Been trying to rip some segments from this episode of Space Dandy, and it's hard enough to find the episode online at all, much less without some site fucking with me.

I know onscreen keyboards suck, nut the keyboard gets oily after using it. While this would happen to a mouse too, I can put a paper over it and exchange it when needed. It's also one of the reasons I detest touch screens.

Thanks, but if there is more than one folder with the same name? Navigating in a GUI file manager is so much easier, especially with long folder names.

thats not allowed. not on linux at least.
rename them if you actually have that.
it really isn't. You're doing the same thing with the same information. Look what directories are there, go to the one you want. the difference between typing it and clicking on it isnt big. its there, but its not "SO MUCH INCREDIBLY EASIER" to do it one way or the other.

gui file browsers are obviously superior to tui shit

Jesus what kind of elephant man are you that handling keyboards quickly makes them to oily to use?

fucking unnecessary for anything thats not a picture?
most image viewers I know have a gallery mode, just use that. I used to use a file manager just for such occasions as that, but then I realized I could just 'sxiv *' and press enter to do exactly the same thing.
its completely unnecessary under literally any other circumstances.

My peers love it when I send them entire video files

gui. thanks for proving me right

Anyone know how I can watch privated videos?

so does youtube-dl
anything requesting data from youtube is gonna connect to google services you dolt, what's your point

There is no need to inform third party that you are about to watch some youtube videos. Leak as little metadata as possible.

it's better than nu-tube
thank you

why don't the Holla Forumsnicians here push a free js commit?

define pirated

funny you say that

define pirated

funny you say that

How do you pirate privatized videos?

Go back.

You don't have to allow YouTube or Google video. You can just use the download option and get the link the specific version you want without having to enable Google JS. Unfortunately, you have to enable HookTube's JS.

Is this reverse trolling or just mental deficiency?

Are you retarded? I said that tui file browsers are cancer. He replied with a gui program.