Damage Control

I've been whining for ages that someone should storytime this, so Imina get off my fat ass and DIY.

Always thought this did a better job of showing normal people's lives in the Marvel universe than Marvels did.

Fucking women.

And that was the first issue.
I really think the "bend it like Bendis" generation could take few tips from Dwayne McDuffie on storytelling and pacing.
I really like the design of the lead character, too, he's got a kind of Gary Cole/Christian Bale/Andrew Dice Clay/Matt Frewer/Mickey Rourke hypermasculine monolithic beauty to his face. He kind of looks like the secret identity of a super-hero, with a little more personality. Like a guy who could play Wonder Man in a movie.

So there's three more issues in this series and 2 more series. I'll do the rest if you-all liked this one.

Last I checked, Marvel was looking into making a TV pilot of this.

As I recall Bendis was actually a fairly big Damage Control fanboy, so much so that he featured them in Ultimate Spider-Man. It's amazing how little he learned about storytelling even from a book he supposedly liked.

Do it. Ill catch up on the rest tomorrow.

Do it. This was pretty good.

This is great user. Thank you. Keep posting.

OK, here's issue #2. Albert confronts Dr. Doom over an unpaid bill. Man, remember when Luke Cage went after Doom over, what was it, $200?

Ha, fucking Bart.

That was pretty clever.
Nice fam I'm loving this series.

Thanks user

What the fuck did they do to the thing?

Art user Art.

he grew a spine

Thanks for the storytime

until now I did not know of the existence of Sharon Ventura

thanks man

Sigh. You see what we had to put up with in the 90's? Blame Tom DeFalco. Turning Ben Grimm into a pineapple? Tom DeFalco. She-Thing? Tom DeFalco. Alicia was a Skrull? Tom DeFalco. Teen Doom? Tom DeFalco.

ANYWAY. Here's issue #3. I really ought to track down that story referenced when Henry gets his arm broken.

I think Marvel have forgotten her too.
She really got swept under the rug.

Damage Control was such a comfy series. I'm happy to be finally showing you gais this series, now that we're in the Dark Ages, and no-one can tell a story anymore, we can at least enjoy the classics.

Funny, rereading this, I'd forgotten how many of these lines I started using IRL, like "Here's the thing, are you writing this down? YOU. GUYS. ARE. MORONS."

IRL the Flatiron building is Marvel's offices, isn't it?

I guess DeFalco wasn't concerned with power duplication on the FF. Two Things, the Human Torch, and Crystal, who has flame powers with her elemental gimmick anyway.

I think Reed and Sue were with the Avengers or something at this time.

No. The Flatiron building is on Fifth Avenue and Marvel used to have an office there, but as far as I'm aware Marvel have never been in the Flatiron building itself

Nice OP

All heroes were at some point.

Nice OP

Nice story fam love it.

thanks again man

It's that time again!
X-Men crossover this time.

At least DeFalco wasn't totally nuts and wrote some good stuff. Puts him far ahead of any of his successors.

(sigh) True dat. Any of the hacks from the old days look like fucken' Ernest Hemingway now.

I think the bit when Storm gets belted with a punching glove on a spring is a reference to the X-Men parody in What The–!?.

Lol oh God, what is going on with Kurt in the second page, last panel?

This was during the time the X-Mansion was blown up and everybody thought the X-Men were dead.

I just realised this is where I got another line I use IRL: "You're a gutsy man, and a big help."

thanks op

Nice OP

Neat

secret slav evasion technique

Hey TS

Who the fuck is Truthseeker?
He must have been just before I showed up.

Thanks for the story fam. This was nice.

Truthseeker was a commie who posted his shitty comics of Bugs Bunny promoting communism on Holla Forums. Eventually he made his way to Holla Forums and started posting here. He eventually went away altogether and now multiple are pretending to be him just to shit up the boards.

…OK, that explains the Bugs Bunny thing, but did hey say lol a lot?

Not from what I remember.