Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=spiderman2017.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

lel. gibs link.

lol

Nobody can beat Raimi.

MARVELSHIT BTFO

>new Spider-Man movie makes even less money than your second spidey flick even though yours was hated by (((critics))) while the new one is shilled by them

Feels good, man.

bump

bump

bump

bump

SpiderBump.

People keep saying DC can't do comedy. Can Marvel make a dark movie?

I watch Diversity and Comics and I don't even read american comics. He's calming to listen to.

Netflix series are your answer.

that's not a movie

Marvel can't make a dark movie because they are owned by (((Disney)))

Logan.

Fox movie.

Did Marvel even have anything to do with that?

winter soldier?

Winter Soldier was not dark. Serious, but not dark. Batman v Superman was dark. Marvel's Daredevil is dark. There's no need for the MCU to have a dark film. I would certainly stand out among the Disney Channel Original McMovies that they produce, but it isn't going to happen.

And as for DC not being able to do comedy. BvS had jokes in them. Perry White was funny as hell, but no one remembers when DC is funny because they have more clever, subtle jokes as opposed to Marvels "Ah ha! I'm going to make a joke now!" style.

Thing is, even though DC is dark, it does dark pretty badly. BvS was a mess.

What user said
Marvel movies, while not necessarily dark, nail comedy pretty well. It's not about who can make a dark movie or a funny movie, it's who can make GOOD movies. So far, MoS and WW are the only good DC movies, Marvel has got a whole bunch in its roster.

I don't think he meant dark = good… Nobody disputes BvS was terrible, but it was still bleak as fuck.

I don't think I understand what a "dark" movie is what makes a movie "dark"? Cause we have killed characters. we have always had crazy emotional distress happening to people we had an attempted suicide in civil war we always kill the villain. this complaint doesn't make sense. The first scene in iron man we kill four soldiers in a realistic ambush on a convoy, mutilate our main character and put him in a prison that leads to death of the only other character to that point that we were supposed to care about.

Of course people overlook those scenes because the whole movie is supposed to be shrouded in misery and depression for it to be considered "dark".

Your problem is the vagueness of terms. There are a lot of dark elements in Iron-man (terrorism, arms dealing, torture, murder, corporate espionage), Thor (attempted fratricide, patricide, genocide), Iron-man 3 (terrorism, suicide bombings), Guardians 1 (slavery, suicide, attempted genocide) and 2 (mass murder, albeit in self defense, child trafficking murder and mass filicide), Captain America 2 (espionage, attempted murder and attempted mass assassination) and so on and so forth. What do you even mean when you're saying "dark", it's a vauge non-term. Do you mean you mean you want something that's gory violent, has lots of swearing, and or has nudity, or by dark are you referring to the kind of lighting or music used to set a scene because that has a lot to do with people's perceptions of a film's tone too.

I'm talking about dark like a nice old person gets beaten to death in real time during the entirety of the last act of the film, or when a child gets taken to the bathroom by his father and gets his a dick shoved in his mouth and his throat and lungs filled with piss.

DC can do comedy look up the series Teen Titans

Critically acclaimed movies where he was the weakest link

That sounds more edgy than dark.

I have yet to see one. That's part of the reason I've stopped watching Marvel films. Because they rely entirely on humor and action to keep people watching. DC is darker and to be true to the comics the films have to be darker as well. But DC can be funny as well. They are just subtle about their humor. Wonder Woman is a great example. In the scene when Diana is sizing the woman up to see if the dress would fit her and then they cut to the next scene, it leaves you wondering what Diana did to the woman. It's funny but it's subtle about it. Marvel just hasn't had very much competition from DC in the live action movie department and I feel that Marvel has been putting out the same movie over and over again because they know people will buy it. Now that DC is making movies their own way people are complaining because they expect the DC movies to be just like the Marvel movies.

is that inflation-corrected?

He said Dark not Dank.

You fags celebrate box office like a jew producer.

With your shit taste in trannies I always assumed you were a jew producer.

^all me tbh

No it was clearly me.

t. capeshit enthusiast

No, he's just a full blown retard

Probably not

what if he's only acting like a faggot?

Lies!

Blade.

Its budget was well under $200,000,000, it didn't flop. Sadly.
When will normalfags get sick of capeshit? The well will dry up eventually.

Never. This is our punishment for memeing irresponsibly and rampant post ironic contrarianism. We deserve it

About $311,030,668

Are you Implying he's merely pretending to be retarded? :'^)

Every phase dies at some point.
No phase in film history has been as obnoxious or annoying as the current Star Wars and capeshit phase we're going through.
I predict it'll be over at some point between '23 and '28.

No it will be over after the economic collapse and or the jews get politely removed & roped.

(checked)
Exactly

you mean "the rich", right? tell me you're not classcucked

We mean kikes.

The rich and the Jews are the same thing.

Most of the ultrarich are Jewish, so technically yes.

Most if not all are jews any "elitist" that is not jewish is a traitor to their country, people, family,etc. and is an honorary jew in my book.

This is how kikes try to shift the blame.

cucked as fuck kiddo

yup its almost amusing.

You are the one with shit taste.

Remember, /fur/ came before you.

>>>/waifuist/

Get on my level fagit

Every time

We have the same enemies, what is the problem?

You help our enemies by bein retarded
Are you a Strasserite?

You are retarded

Why not both?

Good. This movie was a raging ambulatory dumpster fire of niggerish proportions.

Wait, so this means the Ghostbusters cunt has two failures on her record now, righr?

daredevil wasn't dark, it was edgy.

I got dragged to see it and I kind of forgot what happens in this movie.
Must have been good then.

Your waifu doesn't even look human.

It made almost $500 million worldwide. How is that a flop? Might be a terrible movie but how?

I thought that was obvious? He wants progressive points. He doesn't understand progressivism. He's just a celebrity retard living in his celebrity bubble and thinks it's ok to say shit like "I'm a gay man who is actually straight"

Because it didnt set a a box office record like they wanted
If it doesnt make Avatar or Star Wars money its a miserable failure

Just like how they want video games to do Halo or CoD money and start kvetching when they dont

If it turned a profit then by definition it wasn't a flop.

Not a flop, but it is underperforming.

For the most part, or society is so jewed that the rich are just as bad as jews. The key distinction lies in the fact that jewishness is inseperably genetic while richness is not. Monetary success does tend to be inheritable to a small degree, but averages to the mean over time. Jewishness only gets worse with subsequent generations.

So while there are a few good jews now and then, like Kubrick, they inevitably just lead to more bad jews. Good rich people on the other hand are nothing but a boon to society.

So really what we need to remove is jewry. Both the genetic jew as well as corrupted behaviors and institutions. Communism, in the trash. Capitalism as a way of life, in the trash (works breddy gud to regulate an economy as long as the society aren't materialists and as long as jews don't get their hands on things). The rich of today (barring rare exceptions), into the trash. Jews ("good" or not), into the trash.

A marginally profitable venture that severely under-performs against the expectations they had given the perceived value of the IP, its historical trends in Box Office Returns, the budget of the movie, and the amount of effort that went into marketing it can reasonably be considered to be a flop. Disney probably expected Spider-Man Homecoming to put them solidly in the black while it was actually just an average-ish release.

Sony, you mean.

The situation is complicated because Sony owns the movie rights to Spider Man but negotiated with Disney to get the movie in the Marvel Universe. So consider there are multiple studios who want cuts.

It's at $480 million on a $175 million budget in its second week. It's going to do just fine and it's already making a profit. I don't think it'll hit the $1 billion mark, but it should make Disney a lot of money.

1) That's worldwide, not domestic
2) It's already seen a 63% drop-off in its second week
3) The $175 million budget doesn't include advertising and promotional considerations, which has got to equal what it cost to make the film from the amount of shilling I'm seeing
It's a flop

It will end with 700-750m, plus all merchandising (most important part of a super hero movie)

Underperfomed? Yes. Flop? No.

That is true. It'll be hard to tell how well they did without knowing how much each party put into the film and what cut they're owed. I still think they make a profit with this film.

The film was ok and Keaton was a good villain. I'm hoping Miles doesn't show up in the next one as it wouldn't make any sense unless it's like an infant Morales. I'm hoping we get an actual MJ and Flash Thompson's character was fine, but I don't think he should have been called Flash Thompson. Similar to how MJ really isn't MJ, Flash should have been a new character.

>It's a flop
I don't see it. Even on the domestic side alone, it'll crawl to the break even point. The international market differs on the country with China being the biggest jews of them all and others like Australia being far more lax. It'll do just fine and probably get another movie.

This.

?

Spider-Man 3 had a similar drop off second week too.

She looks like a freak and gave him herpes

At least you had the common courtesy to spoiler that one.

we're all here, it's a random bug.

spider-man 3 made almost 900mil though, this is struggling to reach half a billion

>hated by (((critics)))

This one's slightly bigger than the drop-offs suffered by Spider-Man 3 and Amazing Spider-Man 2.

That, and those were sequels. This a completely new reboot. The fact that it's only doing as well as the franchise's worst entries is cause for alarm

I think that's less to do with the actual movie and more to do with the state of the industry and the fact they've rebooted it twice in a fucking decade and everyone hated the amazing spider man movies.

If the movie were excellent it would be doing excellent business. It's a Marvel movie

Not true. Market doesn't work like that. The current market leans towards highly nostalgia driven, highly generic movies.

Just look at the last few hugeass movies. Star Wars VII and Jurassic World among them.

Any reasons I should see this?
Is there anything that felt new in anyway like any plot twists or different character motivation or anything? So far, it looked like any other Spiderman films. Did it surpass the original trilogy in anyway?

that's not possible.

It is. The first two are pretty overhyped.

Surprised it's doing as well as it is considering how many Spoderman Movies have we had in the last decade? 6?

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony started a "Cinematic Universe" since that seems to be the hip new thing executive are doing nowadays

Like how it is working for DC after they milked the Bateman to death? :^)

thats what you get for going full #blm and hijabs on homecing shit.

Are you talking shit about the American Psycho Cinematic Universe?

Well, so far all movies were successful.

JUST

Why this dude appearing all over youtube recommendations now, is it because of Comic Con or something not that I mind

Get out of here with your shit.

Reddit isn't here.

shitpost elsewhere

I guess they'll have to settle with having you spout their plebeian opinions for them.

there are lots of other movies with a dark, serious tone where a mason jar full of peepee is a major plot element, right?
i think bergman used that
if 'a lot of people die' qualifies a movie for a dark tone then team america: world police is dark

It sure is shocking to see newer movies with wider audiences get beat out by newer trash.

Sure is go back

Unless it's a total segregate sales then I'm not surprised that newer releases beat older ones.

dropped.

Faggot